competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by competentpsycho »

kuribo wrote:The circular logic is obvious:

Competentpsycho- Fairy, you need to contribute!
(Fairy contributes)
Competentpsycho- YOU CALL THAT CONTRIBUTION? CONTRIBUTE!

Telling her to add something to the conversation, and then complaining when that it wasn't enough and she should do more? Yeah, that's a circle, because when she DOES do more, you could say it's not enough.
Ok, CRAPLOGIC.

Listen, you got the order weird.

me - you need to contribute
her - the "contribution" you speak of which is translated as circular logic
me - WTF (translated by you guys into "Contribute more" - I actually meant "WTF" as in I don't understand)

so apparently:

1) Fairy can see the future
2) You know this

or:

Your logic = TOTAL CRAP

How could she be calling what I had done up to that point circular logic? That is what I am asking. You are including things as evidence to the circular logic that happened after the accusation, if that is what she was doing. That doesn't work in an argument.

The person I would expect an actual answer to this question from is roffman who was the one who speculated that it means circular logic.

unvote
but I still expect some info as to whether or not you can vote/ contribute better, Fairy.
vote: kuribo
for crap logic
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by roffman »

competentpsycho wrote: The person I would expect an actual answer to this question from is roffman who was the one who speculated that it means circular logic.
The only thing that i could read from fairy's post was that she thought u had circular logic and would result in you getting lynched. i posted that as an assumption, stating i was very likely to be wrong. No one else postulated on what fairy was trying to say, and somehow, my interpretation, which had no basis beyond that one post, got adopted as truth. People, can you please think for yourselves and possibly read through this and post your own translations besides jumping on the first post as fact?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:00 am

Post by kuribo »

competentpsycho wrote:
kuribo wrote:The circular logic is obvious:

Competentpsycho- Fairy, you need to contribute!
(Fairy contributes)
Competentpsycho- YOU CALL THAT CONTRIBUTION? CONTRIBUTE!

Telling her to add something to the conversation, and then complaining when that it wasn't enough and she should do more? Yeah, that's a circle, because when she DOES do more, you could say it's not enough.
Ok, CRAPLOGIC.

Listen, you got the order weird.

me - you need to contribute
her - the "contribution" you speak of which is translated as circular logic
me - WTF (translated by you guys into "Contribute more" - I actually meant "WTF" as in I don't understand)

so apparently:

1) Fairy can see the future
2) You know this

or:

Your logic = TOTAL CRAP

How could she be calling what I had done up to that point circular logic? That is what I am asking. You are including things as evidence to the circular logic that happened after the accusation, if that is what she was doing. That doesn't work in an argument.

The person I would expect an actual answer to this question from is roffman who was the one who speculated that it means circular logic.

unvote
but I still expect some info as to whether or not you can vote/ contribute better, Fairy.
vote: kuribo
for crap logic

Jeez, dude, calm down.

Defensive much?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:00 am

Post by kuribo »

roffman wrote:
competentpsycho wrote: The person I would expect an actual answer to this question from is roffman who was the one who speculated that it means circular logic.
The only thing that i could read from fairy's post was that she thought u had circular logic and would result in you getting lynched. i posted that as an assumption, stating i was very likely to be wrong. No one else postulated on what fairy was trying to say, and somehow, my interpretation, which had no basis beyond that one post, got adopted as truth. People, can you please think for yourselves and possibly read through this and post your own translations besides jumping on the first post as fact?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I just sort of assumed that if your interpretation had been wrong, Fairy would have given some indication.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:51 am

kuribo wrote: Jeez, dude, calm down.

Defensive much?
When you use crap logic against me, yes. I am not taking others' opinions as fact without thinking critically about it. Unlike some people, which is why my vote is where it is. When I am town and people use craplogic on me to explain some opinion they are copying, that usually means scum, since scum have to try to convince people that a townie is scum. Therefore, they have to use crappy evidence, most of the time from other people since they don't want to risk making shit up.

So Phate, this is how the Fairy thing becomes pro-town: it creates discussion unlike the standstill this game was at previously, getting scum to slip up.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Phate »

Kuribo, defensiveness is not a scumtell. Psycho, telling people their logic is crap after contributing nothing but craplogic is.

Having people call you out for craplogic =/= protown discussion-creating.

Mod: Votecount please.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:03 pm

What craplogic did I give? I never said I thought Fairy was scum, I just wanted to see what all she could do to help the town, part of which I am still waiting for. I put a vote on so she would actually respond since she seems to be lurking somewhat. I do think kuribo could be scum.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by roffman »

Is psycho generating more logic which leads in circles, or am i just confused?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by roffman »

I forgot to mention that i'll also be away until boxing day, so please don't lynch me until at least the 27th.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm

roffman wrote:Is psycho generating more logic which leads in circles, or am i just confused?
Where? Quote it or point it out in some way. Seriously this is pathetic. PROVE IT. I don't care that you're making a case against me, but please make it right. Claims with lack of explanation get us nowhere.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:23 am

Post by kuribo »

competentpsycho wrote: When you use crap logic against me, yes. I am not taking others' opinions as fact without thinking critically about it. Unlike some people, which is why my vote is where it is. When I am town and people use craplogic on me to explain some opinion they are copying, that usually means scum, since scum have to try to convince people that a townie is scum. Therefore, they have to use crappy evidence, most of the time from other people since they don't want to risk making shit up.

So Phate, this is how the Fairy thing becomes pro-town: it creates discussion unlike the standstill this game was at previously, getting scum to slip up.
Okay,

1- We don't know that you're town, so discard the whole "When I am town..." part.

2- "crap logic" isn't scummy, sometimes people are just wrong.

competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:03 am

kuribo wrote:
Okay,

1- We don't know that you're town, so discard the whole "When I am town..." part.

2- "crap logic" isn't scummy, sometimes people are just wrong.
1 - I know I am town. The rest of you (except scum) don't and I realize that, but that is part of what convinces me. Obviously this holds no weight for anyone else until I am dead and revealed as town. I mentioned it here so it can be looked back on later for proof; if/when I am dead I will not be able to post and tell you guys.

2 - Crap logic is NOT the same as being wrong. Being wrong is not scummy, no, but using logic that you are trying to circumvent the truth with is. Again a logical fallacy. You are ASSUMING crap logic = being wrong, and basing your statement 2 on that, but the assumption is wrong. Crap logic and being wrong aren't the same.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:31 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

FairyThatIsPunk (3)
: Holy, Sensfan, roffman
Sensfan (2)
: pacone, Jdodge
Holy (2)
: Rigel, mildmanneredhero
Phate (1)
: Kuribo
rofffman (1)
: Phate
Kuribo (1)
: competentpsycho

Not voting (2)
: FairyThatIsPunk olliep14.

Still pending replacement for olliep14.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:32 am

Post by JDodge »

So...

Why haven't we lynched SensFan, roffman and competentpsycho yet? It's fairly obvious that they're scum by now
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:48 am

Post by kuribo »

I could go for a SensFan vote, since he said 2 weeks ago that he'd post his complete thoughts and we're still waiting. Really only popped in to vote FTIP and explain it.

Unvote, Vote: Sensfan

competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:09 am

Hmmm. As much as I hate lurkers like Sensfan, JDodge you seem to be protecting FTIP for some odd reason, like you already know she is the same alignment as you. Your scumgroup consists of the 3 people that were voting for her. She still hasn't responded whether or not she can vote, or proved it by voting. She is not contributing much, if at all, and you are protecting her but pushing a Sens lynch for not contributing much and lurking, the same thing FTIP is doing. Why?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:39 am

Post by JDodge »

stop fishing
stream

competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:49 am

Post reasons for your suspicions then. I don't like how you just say who you think should be lynched and expect that we follow blindly. You not providing reasons just prevents you from making mistakes and fucking up as scum revealing yourself. How does this behavior in any way benefit town?
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:56 am

Post by roffman »

I've got some bad news. A couple of weeks ago i severely broke my foot, and then on boxing day had a little to much eggnog. To cut a long story short, i'm going into surgery and will be in hospital until the 8th. I've learnt my lesson about posting on pain killers, so i'm asking you whether you want a replacement now, or whether or not you'll accept me "lurking" for the next 2 weeks.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Holy »

Errr, mod...
actually I'm voting psycho atm.

As for Sensfan, I saw him actively posting in other thread recently, but he's "missing" in this game and my other game though. It kinda bugged me.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Rigel »

Unvote: Holy

At this point, I'm divided on the current FTIP issue. While her post restriction does seem to imply she is pro-town, the fact that JDodge is going after the three people who happened to vote for her does the opposite. It is plausible that the two of them could be scumpartners, but I just don't understand why JDodge would be so blatently obvious that he's against the three people voting for her.

So, in the interest of the town, I'm going to
Vote: FairyThatIsPunk
. You can't accuse four of us of being scum, JDodge, so, if you have any alternative reasons for thinking FTIP-voters are scum, it's time to hear them.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:15 am

Post by JDodge »

roffman wrote:I've got some bad news. A couple of weeks ago i severely broke my foot, and then on boxing day had a little to much eggnog. To cut a long story short, i'm going into surgery and will be in hospital until the 8th. I've learnt my lesson about posting on pain killers, so i'm asking you whether you want a replacement now, or whether or not you'll accept me "lurking" for the next 2 weeks.
How convenient.
stream

competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:12 am

My thoughts exactly, JDodge. Also, way to dodge my post. Anyways, I would normally say replace, but in this game 2 weeks will only be like 1.5 pages of posts so it won't be that bad. Basically, its up to everyone else, I don't care either way.

Oh, and considering kuribo has only been scummy the one time with the crap logic I will assume (for now) he just didn't think his argument through. Thought I did this a while ago, but:
unvote

Sensfan, get your ass out of the shadows man.
vote: Sensfan
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:38 pm

Post by Holy »

I really wish we could prod the mod so he can do his duty to prod Sensfan >.>;

About roffman: I don't mind as long as not more than the "2 weeks" he promised.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:50 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Because of newyear and christmass activities, I will be putting this back on track on the 7th of january.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”