Screw the players - Bad Idea - Game Over

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

WTF

Only people to shoot at Rishi were Guardian and Kinetic.

You can't tell me either of them are /in and town!

On another note I never got an answer to this.
PokerFace wrote:Wow I am surprised the word "condition" confused you all so much. Sorry I used it.

At any rate while I wait to see if forensics calls me dead and h-cow is /in and town I have a question.

@Alan,
why do you believe just Jdodge, Rishi and me should be shot? Jdodge started the wagon. You think scum would give themselves away by STARTING a wagon? Could you explain more why you believe he could be scum and more so than the others? What about Hjallti and oEJo?

Alan's quote from earlier
Alan Redgown wrote:
PokerFace wrote:The outs have their win conditions, they were hit by both sides. I don't need to do anything now. I hope I have helped enough.
The /outs have win conditions? I didn't think the /outs could ever win. :?

EDIT: The only two people to shoot Cephrir were mnowax and destructor. mnowax is not a townie, so destructor must have been Cephrir's killer. Also, JDodge, Hjallti, Rishi, PokerFace, and oEJo are /out/scum.

Right now, JDodge is the only one whose situation is really ticking me off. It seems as if he's only posted when prodded, but he's not a townie. Is he scum, or is he an /out acting like scum?

destructor, that's pointless, as we know PokerFace does not have a bullet (it would have been used on Rishi yesterday). Both PokerFace and Rishi are /out/scum, so neither can shoot the other.

Ok, so we still have seven bullets, and there are two scum remaining. Remember that each night, the mafia gets closer to deducing who the /in townies are. Today, I think we should shoot one of the following: PokerFace, Rishi, JDodge.
I would love an Answer Alan

For an Alan & Hjallti pairing seems interesting
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Kinetic »

I actually was both In and Town.

I've been playing the scum gambit so I could sit back and try and either A) Get the scum to slip, and B) Hope the scum didn't try to shoot me.

I also expected the townies to think I was out and not shoot me. My plan worked perfectly.

Also, I believe right before my second post I was prodded, before someone asked for prods. I thought that was a specific town tell that should be looked at, but everyone who posted nearly immediately after my second or third post is most likely in, especially if they posted earlier and didn't post again until after my post.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Kinetic »

Also, I'm pretty sure, at this time, the scum are purposely hitting air so as not to reduce the number of prospective townies and win the game by attrition.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Rishi »

Bah. Go /outties.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

And in other news Kinetic fools PokerFace yet again.

For those of you keeping score...

Kinetic 2 (BTRAF1, STPBA)
PokerFace 0 :(

Sidenote: Still waiting on that answer from Alan. I have no intention of dropping it. Especially since I think Jdodge is /out
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:26 am

Post by destructor »

You know, I feel like Bad Idea is a tough one to balance in a Screw the players format. Maybe a few townies with two shots would have made things better. Given that we can't lynch, there are no vote counts, etc, it's even more unlikely that the town will win than in the last screw the players.

That said, there is still hope, and I think we can start narrowing down the /in crowd, though it seems more anti-town /outs have hung around this game. It's time for all the pro-towners to reread and stuff. I also think going with the Shoot/Shooter vote format is most likely to work in the town's favour from now on. That is, no townie should shoot until a large number of players, not including the confirmed /out/scum, have come to a consensus.

Again:
Discussion is good. Talk first, shoot later.
=)
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 am

Post by bird1111 »

richie181818 (12:53:00 PM): I'm calling it now, town loses
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

SideNote: I wasn't around to /in for the original bad idea mafia. Nor was I around for the second one. Someone with Mod privleges needs to make a Bad Idea Mafia Three! And PM me when it starts signups. Bird1111 you got mod powers, right?

Alan get in here!
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 am

Post by JDGA »

@PF: I'll join that!
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

JDGA wrote:@PF: I'll join that!
Good now I know who to kill 5 minutes into the game :P [/jk]

At any rate you'll just have to wait for someone with mod privleges to do it. I do not have those privleges and I would rather play then mod such a game anyway.

ALAN!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Guardian »

Still here, no more bullets tho, I assume. Did Kinetic shoot first, or me?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I SHOT FIRST, BITCH!
I play the games rul gud.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by oEJo »

I'm still /in/scum.
Just call me EJ.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I still think Alan is scum
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

I think this is the first day the town could potentially lose on... the tension is rising!
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by oEJo »

We should kill the townies then.
Just call me EJ.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

brokenscraps wrote:I think this is the first day the town could potentially lose on... the tension is rising!
Oh, you're right. We should just shoot randomly at people, then! :D

I mean...don't. Because that would be a Bad Idea. :wink:
I don't know what you know I know.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Quit dodging my question and aswer it, Alan!
@Alan, why do you believe just Jdodge, Rishi and me should be shot? Jdodge started the wagon. You think scum would give themselves away by STARTING a wagon? Could you explain more why you believe he could be scum and more so than the others? What about Hjallti and oEJo?
<so wish I could shoot right now!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Until Alan answers,
this is my vote.

It should determine at least one scum

Vote:
Shooter: Alan
Target: Hjallti or Guardian

If Alan won't shoot then he is definatly scum! So whoever wants to kill him can take it! He certainly ain't an /out. And Both guardian and Hjallti don't have bullets.

And if Alan is scum I will bet Hjallti is the other!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Guardian »

i agree with alan as scum
Do not lynch me.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I agree with pokerface.
Vote:
Shooter: Alan
Target: Hjallti
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

If I won't shoot, I'm definitely scum? How about a townie who doesn't want to lose the game yet? If Hjallti isn't scum and I shoot him, then the town loses. Well, it's down to two townies with bullets, and I'm one of them. I agree I should shoot today, but I'm not going to do it right away. I think we need more discussion first. And I need some time to think things over.

To the other remaining townie with a bullet, I have two requests. First, please don't shoot me, unless you want the scum to win. Second, please let me be the one to shoot and end the day; I suspect I'll be scumkilled if I don't use my bullet today. I think these requests are fairly simple, since people want me to shoot today anyway.

Now it's time to look over everyone's posts and make a final decision on whom to shoot.

EDIT:
PokerFace wrote:@Alan, why do you believe just Jdodge, Rishi and me should be shot? Jdodge started the wagon. You think scum would give themselves away by STARTING a wagon? Could you explain more why you believe he could be scum and more so than the others? What about Hjallti and oEJo?
I posted that a while ago now, and my opinions have changed greatly. I highly doubt that JDodge is scum, and Rishi obviously isn't. I don't think you're scum either. Hjallti and oEJo do seem like likely suspects now, and at the time I probably just overlooked them. At the time of that post, I also said that JDodge's posting habits were really ticking me off, but that wasn't reason to suspect him as scum. I don't think any of this pertains to the current situation, however.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Guardian »

bs

shoot: Alan

pretty sure my bullet is gone tho :(.
Do not lynch me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with guardian that your reason is lacking.

Frankly I am a little surprised you are still alive today; after all you said
Alan Redgown wrote:
Elmo wrote:Alan, another of those list thingies would be nice, if possible.
Actually, I've already started on another list. It's in spreadsheet form, so I'll probably upload it to Google Docs & Spreadsheets.
If scum were smart they would have killed you so you couldn't give us this spreadsheet.

How about you give us the spreadsheet, explain who you think are scum or /out and then take your shot?

As long as you shoot and hit scum then you are useful otherwise we are screwed (Well the /ins are I'm not). By showing the sheet we can criticize and all figure out together who is best to be your target.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Wait. According to the list in the first post, there are still three townies with bullets. Is that accurate?

Also, PokerFace, you seem pretty eager to figure out who are /out/scum. Shouldn't we be focusing on who we think are scum, rather than /out/scum?

EDIT: I'm working on the spreadsheet now, but I don't want to post a link until it's finished.

Ok, the following question is significant, as it could help us narrow down our suspects, at least by a little bit: Who do you guys think the four shooters were?

1. Shot Jordan:
a. CornerMan
b. YvonneSeer
c. Cephrir
d. Klebian
e. Thestatusquo
2. Shot Skitzer:
a. Iceforge
3. Shot Cephrir:
a. Mnowax
b. Destructor
4. Shot Rishi:
a. Guardian
b. Kinetic

(I'm aware that some of those people definitely didn't shoot certain victims, but please don't point that out. I want to see people's individual opinions/thoughts.)
Last edited by Alan Redgown on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”