Screw the players - Bad Idea - Game Over

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

hmm you certainly took a long time to post while the top of the page showed you viewing this page. Your last statement comes off as though you are trying to threaten me a little. And yet you think I am not scum. hmm

Well I suppose what we really need to find out is who is scum. And scum do want to look /out. So by debating on Mr. X being /out or scum is productive.

determining who is /in&townie will give scum idea who to shoot so that is not necessary. The three left certainly know who they are.

And so we need to determine who is scum. You best give us those you think are most likly scum. We will say if we agree or believe those people to be /out.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Sorry, I didn't see that last post, but I have edited my previous post. Please read the edit. Also, I've had this page open for a while, but I wasn't writing my post that whole time.
I don't know what you know I know.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am surprised you took my first coment in my last post so seriously.

In case you have not realized it, I love screwing with the players :D

If I had to guess I would say...

Klebian or TSQ

and a, b, b

@K-scope, please prod all players or mod kill who got jordan since they obv have not posted in a long time!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Iammars »

If Alan Redgown is scum, he deserves to win due to all the effort he's put into this game.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Iammars wrote:If Alan Redgown is scum, he deserves to win due to all the effort he's put into this game.
I'm not scum, but thanks anyway!

I would still like people to comment on who they think the four killers were.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Guardian »

i was killer 4. you are scum. someone with a bullet needs to shoot u.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Guardian, you weren't killer 4. You never even had a bullet.

EDIT:
PokerFace wrote:And yet you think I am not scum.
Where did I say that? In my list I said you were probably an /innie. Later, when Elmo said that he thought you were scum, I said that I had had the same feeling. Plus, you are /out/scum with the highest post count in this thread (54). Actually, you are one of my prime suspects right now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Let's find out if Guardian was a townie or not.

Shoot:Alan
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Post 481 Alan Redgown wrote:Guardian, you weren't killer 4. You never even had a bullet.

EDIT:
Where did I say that?
In my list I said you were probably an /innie. Later, when Elmo said that he thought you were scum, I said that I had had the same feeling. Plus, you are /out/scum with the highest post count in this thread (54). Actually, you are one of my prime suspects right now.
Post 471 Alan Redgown wrote:If I won't shoot, I'm definitely scum? How about a townie who doesn't want to lose the game yet? If Hjallti isn't scum and I shoot him, then the town loses. Well, it's down to two townies with bullets, and I'm one of them. I agree I should shoot today, but I'm not going to do it right away. I think we need more discussion first. And I need some time to think things over.

To the other remaining townie with a bullet, I have two requests. First, please don't shoot me, unless you want the scum to win. Second, please let me be the one to shoot and end the day; I suspect I'll be scumkilled if I don't use my bullet today. I think these requests are fairly simple, since people want me to shoot today anyway.

Now it's time to look over everyone's posts and make a final decision on whom to shoot.

EDIT:
PokerFace wrote:@Alan, why do you believe just Jdodge, Rishi and me should be shot? Jdodge started the wagon. You think scum would give themselves away by STARTING a wagon? Could you explain more why you believe he could be scum and more so than the others? What about Hjallti and oEJo?
I posted that a while ago now, and my opinions have changed greatly. I highly doubt that JDodge is scum, and Rishi obviously isn't.
I don't think you're scum either
. [/u]Hjallti and oEJo do seem like likely suspects now, and at the time I probably just overlooked them. At the time of that post, I also said that JDodge's posting habits were really ticking me off, but that wasn't reason to suspect him as scum. I don't think any of this pertains to the current situation, however.
!YOU FAIL!

!Somebody shoot him!
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

PokerFace wrote:
Post 481 Alan Redgown wrote:Guardian, you weren't killer 4. You never even had a bullet.

EDIT:
Where did I say that?
In my list I said you were probably an /innie. Later, when Elmo said that he thought you were scum, I said that I had had the same feeling. Plus, you are /out/scum with the highest post count in this thread (54). Actually, you are one of my prime suspects right now.
Post 471 Alan Redgown wrote:If I won't shoot, I'm definitely scum? How about a townie who doesn't want to lose the game yet? If Hjallti isn't scum and I shoot him, then the town loses. Well, it's down to two townies with bullets, and I'm one of them. I agree I should shoot today, but I'm not going to do it right away. I think we need more discussion first. And I need some time to think things over.

To the other remaining townie with a bullet, I have two requests. First, please don't shoot me, unless you want the scum to win. Second, please let me be the one to shoot and end the day; I suspect I'll be scumkilled if I don't use my bullet today. I think these requests are fairly simple, since people want me to shoot today anyway.

Now it's time to look over everyone's posts and make a final decision on whom to shoot.

EDIT:
PokerFace wrote:@Alan, why do you believe just Jdodge, Rishi and me should be shot? Jdodge started the wagon. You think scum would give themselves away by STARTING a wagon? Could you explain more why you believe he could be scum and more so than the others? What about Hjallti and oEJo?
I posted that a while ago now, and my opinions have changed greatly. I highly doubt that JDodge is scum, and Rishi obviously isn't.
I don't think you're scum either
. [/u]Hjallti and oEJo do seem like likely suspects now, and at the time I probably just overlooked them. At the time of that post, I also said that JDodge's posting habits were really ticking me off, but that wasn't reason to suspect him as scum. I don't think any of this pertains to the current situation, however.
!YOU FAIL!

!Somebody shoot him!
Oh, right. I forgot about that. But people, please don't shoot me over something so small. My opinions changed, and I said that I didn't suspect PokerFace before I took a good look at him. Well, if anyone really wants to shoot me, please warn me first so I can use my bullet.

EDIT:
Kinetic wrote:Let's find out if Guardian was a townie or not.

Shoot:Alan
This shot doesn't scare me in the slightest. Why? Guardian shot you during Day 3, but you didn't die. Instead Cephrir, who was shot much later, died. Hence, Guardian is not a townie.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You are making/have made a spreadsheet. Right?

Therefore you should already have quite a good look. Unless you aren't paying attention. Only Scum don't need to pay attention.

Edit: You had your notes from earlier so I'm sure you still have them now. You should be building upon your old notes.

And for those that have mised it I am an /out. Hasdfgas tricked me into revealing that earlier. Then we learned that Hasdfgas doesn't have a bullet. So you think whatever you want there. I got no clue what he is. I originally thought he was scum. Then he shot so I thought he was town. Then his bullet didn't work. So your guess is as good as mine there.

Alan what do you think of oEJo, Hjallti, and Hasdfgas?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Guardian »

mod
:

If you feel at this point you can replace me, please do... I don't wish to continue playing much longer. At the best I'll post spam.

If not, modkilll me or let me sit around as you deem appropriate.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by JDGA »

1. oEJo is obv /out, as he was accidentally revealed as that by the mod.
2. Guardian, that's a pathetic excuse to get someone to shoot you. If you were /in, you would have PM'd the mod.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Post by oEJo »

Just like to note: the mod got my name mixed up with Rishi's, not my role.
Just call me EJ.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:48 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

1. Players who shot are not forced to post anymore. They are considered out
2. Mass prod is going out
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]1. Players who shot are not forced to post anymore. They are considered out
2. Mass prod is going out[/quote]

Wait...

So if you shot you are considered /out? Does that mean cephir could have actually hit Jordan or was he 'really' out?

<Continues to wait for input from Alan and others
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

PokerFace wrote:You are making/have made a spreadsheet. Right?
Right.
PokerFace wrote:Therefore you should already have quite a good look.
Correct.
PokerFace wrote:Edit: You had your notes from earlier so I'm sure you still have them now. You should be building upon your old notes.
Yes indeed.
PokerFace wrote:And for those that have mised it I am an /out. Hasdfgas tricked me into revealing that earlier.
Please cite the posts in which hasdgfas tricked you into revealing you're an /out.
PokerFace wrote:Then we learned that Hasdfgas doesn't have a bullet.
He doesn't.
PokerFace wrote:So you think whatever you want there. I got no clue what he is. I originally thought he was scum. Then he shot so I thought he was town. Then his bullet didn't work. So your guess is as good as mine there.

Alan what do you think of oEJo, Hjallti, and Hasdfgas?
You and all three of them are currently in my top 9 suspect list. This list isn't based on my opinions but on process of elimination. That means that I don't personally suspect all 9 of these people, but I haven't found valid reasons to eliminate them from the list. If the people in my top 9 are not scum, they are /out. Anyway, here's the list:

* hasdgfas
* Hjallti
* PokerFace
* Guardian
* oEJo
* YagamiLight
* Elias_the_thief
* Elmo
* Thestatusquo

PokerFace, if hasdgfas indeed tricked you into revealing you're an /outie, then either you're /out or, chances are, you're scumbuddies. Another possible scum pair seems to be you and Hjallti. If you read through the thread again, it seems that you have tried to distance yourself from him many times, and now you're basically trying to get him shot. I'd like to hear what scumpairs other people think are likely.

Ok, so you want to know my opinions on oEJo, Hjallti, and PokerFace.

oEJo
has been a particularly shady character in this game. In his first few posts, he asked about strategies and didn't want people to kill Jordan so quickly. This seems to indicate /in-ness. He asked for a rules clarification and tells the /outies to shoot more people. He poses an interesting situation about an /outie trying to talk to an /innie about Screw the Players and says he's getting frustrated with all the random shooting. He asks for another clarification and then says that since everyone knows he's /out/scum, he doesn't have to pretend to be helpful, but
he'll still post here.
It would obviously be better if he didn't post here anymore. Then his posts are mostly spam, and he says he's scum. Finally, he says the mod got his name mixed up with Rishi's not his role. This is basically claiming scum once again. There's definitely a chance that oEJo is scum.
Hjallti
has mostly acted /in. He has posted regularly, and let's hope he doesn't post again. He has said that he thought destructor and I were /out, but we're both townies (although my identity has yet to be confirmed). Possibly scum, but less likely than oEJo, in my opinion.
hasdgfas
has posted regularly and has demonstrated a fine understanding of the rules. And yet he's /out/scum. He FoS'd me for trying to lead the town and said it seems like PokerFace is scum. In his last post, he said that he still thinks I'm scum.

Those are brief summaries of those three, but they sum up their behaviors. Assuming CornerMan shot Jordan, Thestatusquo is still a suspect, even if alll he's done this entire game is shoot people. That is a good way to lurk, though. Guardian has been saying he's /out this entire game, but he continues to post regularly, so it's definitely possible he's scum. He has acted somewhat aggressively for an /out while trying to appear passive. Elias_the_thief is either /out or a mega-lurker scum. Elmo has not contributed to the game much, and I think he's /out, although he could be a townie or scum. Finally, YagamiLight seems to care about the game, but that's not exactly indicative of his role.

Ok, so PokerFace, please quote those posts I asked you to quote.

EDIT: Oh, right. Happy birthday, PokerFace! :D
Last edited by Alan Redgown on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You realize I've fired at least 3 times this game, right?
KILL ALAN REDCORN

Oops make that 4.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 am

Post by brokenscraps »

Thestatusquo wrote:You realize I've fired at least 3 times this game, right?
KILL ALAN REDCORN

Oops make that 4.

I've always had a problem with the whole killing culture people who play theses game have. Why can't we just have injuries or something more nice?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Bite my shiny metal ass.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Thestatusquo wrote:You realize I've fired at least 3 times this game, right?
KILL ALAN REDCORN

Oops make that 4.
Actually, someone's always died before you shot. Surprisingly, it's possible that you still have a bullet, and also possible that you're scum.

EDIT: However, if you are a townie, you're an extremely reckless townie. That's why you're number 7 on my suspect list.
Last edited by Alan Redgown on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

he tricked me around 395, 398, 400.

jdodge got me to show I have not bullet back before cephir got shot.

If you want to shoot him or me you can go right ahead. Apparently my methods of finding scum while /out fail pretty miserably. But I merly wanted three things.

Scum shoot /outs
Town shoot /outs
Town wins

getting 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

This was your list. I encourage all players to give there opinion on them.

* hasdgfas - Something makes me think he figured I was /out a long time ago. Either cause he is scum and hit me night 1 or he is smarter than I give him credit for. If he is scum and shot me that would be awesome. I did post /inness in the old screw the players for the purpose of tricking scum into hiting me.
* Hjallti - He acted /in and has since been revealed as having no bullet.
* PokerFace - Awesome
* Guardian - He said he was /out. Then says in thread that he is going to be gone and what not. A real /in would probably pm the mod saying that. I think he is /out trying to look /in to speed things along to the end because he is getting tired of playing. He is firing shots for the purpose of starting bandwagons hopefully with real townies on them to speed this up.
* oEJo - tried to act /in. Was revealed as bulletless by jdodge
* YagamiLight - Just like in the original screw the players he is trying to be helpful. He wants only scum to to shoot he. I would not be surprised if they already did.
* Elias_the_thief - Hasn't been too helpful. But hasn't been scummy. He said he fired a shot at one point. That is an attempt to look in and have shot someone. thus a pure attempt to screw with us or to give the impression he is /in and town.
* Elmo - Hasn't been too helpful. But hasn't been scummy.
* Thestatusquo - He just posted. Right after prods were sent. He was on Jordan's wagon. His constant shots are definatly done to look /out. I would not be surprised if he was scum.

The principles I use to evaluate this list:

/outs want to look /in
Scum want to look /out
towns or /outs trying to blend in, want to find scum or get other /outs shot

possible /in and scum

TSQ
Alan

Probable outs

oEJo
Yagami Light
Guardian
Hjallti
PF - me

Maybes

Hasdfgas
Elmo
Elias

after what you have said I have changed some thoughts on some people.

<continues eating b-day cake
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And also possible that you like dick.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Now I'm trying to decide whether to shoot PokerFace or Thestatusquo. :?

EDIT: Fellow townies, I hope you will allow me to be today's shooter. Everyone, please vote on who you think I should shoot.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:19 am

Post by JDGA »

You realise that it's 3 town-2 mafia-infinite number of /outs.

If: townie shoots townie: Game over. Mafia Win.
If: townie shoots mafia: Good job! Game continues.
If: townie shoots /out: if the mafia hit town then they win, but if they hit an /out then the game continues, with the added catch that the town must hit mafia every turn without the mafia hitting them.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”