Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Rishi »

Vote: Vaughn

I don't know if I agree with a kuribo lynch. Just jumping on the counter-wagon since the deadline is coming up.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Thesp »

Vaughn wrote:Shrug, Let's hear more from Thesp. A confirmation would at least perhaps give direction and insight into Kuribo's claim (or designate a possible scum-pairing).
I'm awaiting CrashTextDumie's response before addressing this, see earlier comment.
RossWilliam wrote:I'm curious as to why? It could be a perfectly valid concern, or who knows. But at least give me something to explain myself on, before pigeonholing me after I've only made two posts.
Why should I?
RossWilliam wrote:P.S. Until Thesp says something significant, I'm still regarding tracker claim as a last ditch, creative effort to save ones ass.
First - how is a tracker claim "creative"? Second, what does my "say[ing] something significant" have to do with anything here?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Thesp wrote:I'm uncertain as to what you're saying here - are you suggesting I wait to confirm/deny kuribo's claim? I'll wait for your response before proceeding in that arena.
Actually, I've heard enough already. No need to press this issue further.

Follow-up question for Thok:
So you don't see any merit in the case Ibby and I formulated against Rishi on D1?

Still haven't gotten around to reread, I'll try to do it tomorrow. I did skim through Rishi's posts just now though, and I don't see any "interest in hunting scum" profound enough to place him on a town list. There's been a particular lack of anything substantial from him on D2, even though he appeared to be around (and yes, I'm aware that I wasn't a beacon of contribution myself). So could you elaborate further, Thok? Some quotes of his of stuff you liked a lot would be helpful, since there's absolutely none of them in your analysis.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:21 am

Post by kuribo »

RossWilliam wrote:
I really, really don't like RossWilliam's first significant post.
I'm curious as to why? It could be a perfectly valid concern, or who knows. But at least give me something to explain myself on, before pigeonholing me after I've only made two posts.

P.S. Until Thesp says something significant, I'm still regarding tracker claim as a last ditch, creative effort to save ones ass.

vote: kuribo
Hey, new guy? There's nothing Thesp can say either way about my claim, at least not as it regards to rite's lack of an N1 action.

So earlier, you said your gut doubts that my claim was scummy, and now you think it is? With nearly nothing in between?

Looks like a newbie just jumped on the bandwagon, here.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Thesp »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Thesp wrote:I'm uncertain as to what you're saying here - are you suggesting I wait to confirm/deny kuribo's claim? I'll wait for your response before proceeding in that arena.
Actually, I've heard enough already. No need to press this issue further.
Sounds good. I'll confirm I made no nightchoice last night. It does not clear me from being mafia (though perhaps slightly less likely, should both kuribo be town). It does not confirm that the mafia doesn't have a tracking ability, nor does it iron-clad confirm that kuribo wasn't simply making a very lucky guess.

That said, I think it's very unlikely CTD is faking the role, as it's an extremely risky move to make so early. I think it's less likely that the mafia has a tracker role (and I'm playing the meta here, as tracker roles are
almost exclusively
the domain of the town in my experience with mods). I think the wagon/push against him subsequent to claim is highly anti-town, and more likely to be driven by scum.

I'm even happier with my initial listing of scum, and happy with my vote on Vaughn.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Hey, new guy? There's nothing Thesp can say either way about my claim, at least not as it regards to rite's lack of an N1 action.

So earlier, you said your gut doubts that my claim was scummy, and now you think it is? With nearly nothing in between?

Looks like a newbie just jumped on the bandwagon, here.
Ok, yes, I'm the new guy, fair enough, but now your that desperate guy who'll bring up someone's experiance as a token against them. Funny how you can't rely on data that applies to all and have to single that out. Way to take things off an even playing field. Calling out noobiness is certainly a scumtell. My vote remains.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Setael »

I need to reread before I make a decision re: Vaughn. Until Thesp pointed out that he called him "cleared" (which I agree is an odd thing to say) I hadn't noticed anything in his play so far to make me think he's scum. For now, I like someone2 better. The only reason I can see for that no lynch yesterday is if at least one of the wagons was on scum and someone2 is the most likely imo.

someone2, what are your thoughts? You unvoted kuribo because the claim was too "audacious" for scum. I happen to agree with you there, but I'm curious what you think of those still on that wagon. In fact, it'd be super if you'd post your current suspicions.
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by someone2 »

Wow, lot of activity since my last post.

To answer Setael:

Scummy-looking

-Vaughn(posts 382,398,356,366,329,333,337,340,344)

Lots of little one-liners that add nothing to the game and surely there to gain townie points. Lots of them are like Let's lunch lurkers, or Let's lynch someone2, or bad jokes, or You should start talking(it's not like I've been that active, and I apologize, but if you want others to talk, say your opinions or something). Also, like stated by others, he used some crap logic to put pressure on me

-Lowell

Continues always and always to follow bandwagons or to change his vote for no reason or without explaining them. Maybe it's just his play style but it's playstyle is really not pro-town.

-Streeflo

Not high in my scum list, just bad vibes. I played with him in my last game and he was one of the most active.

-Neutral

-ROsswilliam(replacement, not enough info to place a judgement on him)
-Thesp(copy-paste)
-thok(copy-paste)

-Townie

-Kuribo

(quote)Yes, I had the opportunity to switch my vote to someone2, and yes, I probably should have. My error was in assuming that at least one other person would do so, or that we'd figure something out instead of idling around and not doing anything the last three days before deadline. This game has had serious participation problems, and it'd be foolish to think that some of that isn't due to lurkscummers. (quote)(post 313)

That statement, from my point of view, makes him townier, plus is tracker claim. If he was a mafia, he wouldn't have hesitated to hammer me, because it was the intention of the town. Even if I died and revealed town,he wouldn't have get any suspicion on him, even less than he got today(I'm a bit confused in how to place the words in this sentence, sorry if it's a bit unreadable)

-CTD, Setael

They seem interested in tracking scum

-Rishi

Never lurking, post his thoughts regularly, and didn't do any big scummy mistakes.
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

A reminder that the deadline is ONE WEEK from today.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 am

Post by kuribo »

RossWilliam wrote: Ok, yes, I'm the new guy, fair enough, but now your that desperate guy who'll bring up someone's experiance as a token against them. Funny how you can't rely on data that applies to all and have to single that out. Way to take things off an even playing field. Calling out noobiness is certainly a scumtell. My vote remains.
The point I was making is that maybe you haven't been around long enough to realize that "clearing" Thesp does nothing one way or the other, since rite was still in the game at that point.

I'm not "desperate," I just don't see the point in you or Streeflo continuing to vote for me--- if I were lynched, and everyone finds out I told the truth, both of you will be under a microscope. If you're town, that's bad for us because it'll distract from catching scum. If you're mafia, you'll probably be outted.

Like I told Streeflo, there's no "pressure" on me, because once I've RC'd, that's pretty much as bad as it gets for me. The scum won't want to take the risk of letting me live tonight, nevermind the fact that they already took out the vig.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Thesp »

someone2 wrote:-Neutral

-ROsswilliam(replacement, not enough info to place a judgement on him)
-Thesp(copy-paste)
-thok(copy-paste)
This is a cop-out - what did you think of their predecessors?

Also, everyone should be posting once a day, if they can, even if it's just to say hi.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:Also, everyone should be posting once a day, if they can, even if it's just to say hi.
Hi.

Also, I'm not particularly fond of either the Vaughn or kuribo bandwagons.

vote someone2
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Thesp »

Thok wrote:
Thesp wrote:Also, everyone should be posting once a day, if they can, even if it's just to say hi.
Hi.

Also, I'm not particularly fond of either the Vaughn or kuribo bandwagons.

vote someone2
Thanks!
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Still here, still eager to lynch Vaughn.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Rishi »

I just don't want the day to end without a lynch. This is ridiculous.

Lynch me, if you need someone to lynch.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:50 am

Post by kuribo »

Unvote, Vote: Vaughn

this game is dying before our very eyes! :(

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Thok »

I agree with the comments that we need to lynch somebody today. While I don't think Vaughn is scum, I am willing to hammer him so that somebody gets lynched today. I would not be willing to hammer kuribo.
CrashTextDummie wrote:Follow-up question for Thok:
So you don't see any merit in the case Ibby and I formulated against Rishi on D1?
As far as I can tell, Ibby's case (which was mentioned in all of two posts) on Rishi was disagreeing with Rishi's vote on LML. While I know that LML/me is town, I also know from personal experience that extremely aggressive day 1 protown LML can appear to be fairly scummy, as he's more worried about putting pressure on those he believes to be scummy then worried about protecting himself.

Even though I know Rishi's vote on LML/me are incorrect, I don't see how you can't see them as "not showing interest in scumhunting". And if that's your biggest concern, then why aren't you looking at various people who voted Lowell and then stopped doing anything?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Setael »

rishi wrote:Vote: Vaughn

I don't know if I agree with a kuribo lynch. Just jumping on the counter-wagon since the deadline is coming up.
rishi wrote:I just don't want the day to end without a lynch. This is ridiculous.

Lynch me, if you need someone to lynch.
Rishi, why aren't you scum hunting? Your only reason to vote Vaughn was to be voting someone other than kuribo. What do you actually think of Vaughn? Your vote is such that if he comes up town you will be able to wriggle out of any responsibility, since you haven't bothered to give your opinion of him. The vote you placed before that was also made without giving an opinion of kuribo:
rishi wrote:To generate some discussion, I'm going to place a blatant OMGUS/bandwagon vote.
Vote: kuribo
Also, what do you think of someone2 after his analysis? Considering your lack of real content in this game and your failure to do ANY scum hunting recently, I find this quote interesting:
someone2 wrote:Rishi: Never lurking, post his thoughts regularly, and didn't do any big scummy mistakes.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Rishi »

There's no time to scumhunt. This is the time to vote. We don't want the day to end without a lynch.

If you want to lynch me, go ahead. But I'm not going to be cooperative until more people starting participating and voting.
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Vaughn »

Grr.....

Don't lynch me, seriously.

someone2 is scum I tell you, SCUM. I'm also beginning to think Thok and Setael may be in on it.
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

kuribo bangwagon is making less and less sense, and vaughan bangwagon is making more and more. while I hate to just be wagon jumping, i'd feel not totally together doing anything else.

unvote, vote: Vaughan
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

This votecount is bought to you by the letters T, L, and the Number 6!

kuribo 1 (Streeflo)
Someone2 3 (Vaughn, Setael, Thok)
Vaughn 5 (Thesp, Lowell,Rishi, Kuribo, RossWilliam)

Not voting (2): (CrashTextDummie, someone2)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Thesp »

RossWilliam wrote:kuribo bangwagon is making less and less sense, and vaughan bangwagon is making more and more. while I hate to just be wagon jumping, i'd feel not totally together doing anything else.

unvote, vote: Vaughan
This post bothers me. A lot. It makes me feel slightly less good about voting Vaughn. (I still expect to lynch him.) If we had more time, I'd hound RossWilliam so bad right now. He's going down tomorrow.

I think we should lynch someone by Friday, January 11th. It will ensure a lynch, and avoid last second excuses. (I will also be out of town on Saturday.)

Unvote: Vaughn.

Vaughn, claim or die. Now.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Thok »

Vaughn wrote:someone2 is scum I tell you, SCUM. I'm also beginning to think Thok and Setael may be in on it.
Huh? (more about the last sentence than the first sentence.)
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:56 am

Post by someone2 »

Grr.....

Don't lynch me, seriously.

someone2 is scum I tell you, SCUM. I'm also beginning to think Thok and Setael may be in on it.
Wow, this just seem like a last breath tentative of scum. Just for that I would vote you, but I'll wait the claim requested by Thesp.
This is a cop-out - what did you think of their predecessors?
The only one I can talk about is LML(DrippingGoofBall didn't post a lot, rite and Death-omen were lurkers) I have found LML relatively townie, except some time where he was dramatizing every detail.
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”