Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:53 am

Post by VanDamien »

OK, I'm here replacing in, just give me some time to read and catch up.

Oh.

Wait, whadda ya mean I replaced before the game started?

I fail at humor.

Anyway, I've seen bodyguard used as both martyr or doctor, so meh.

Oh, and
Vote: Matt_s
for his link to the conspiracy.
Fnord is the whole donut.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by VanDamien »

andersonw wrote:Hello everyone! This is not only my first game with a cult, but my first game. :) I've played mafia many times in rl, but I'm kind of new to forum mafia, so if I'm acting stupid, try not to accuse me of being scum.

Vote:Quickben
because he's 16th on the list, 16 syllables of eeny-meeny-miney-mo.
unvote

vote: andersonw
for not knowing the difference between a syllable and a letter. And for playing the newbie card.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by VanDamien »

ee/ny/mee/ny/mi/ney/mo - There's 7

(I can't believe this is an argument)

The only version I've every heard is followed by

catch/a/ti/ger/by/the/toe - another 7
my/mom/..blah blah blah we're past 16 and not in any sensible place to stop counting

Even adding fif/ty/dol/lars/ev/er/y/day gives 8 more, what would the other syllable be?

whereas eeny-meeny-miney-mo clearly has 16 letters.

Is this something generational I'm missing? Can't be geographical if it makes sense to Matt, I'm from the Midwest originally.

As for the newbie thing, I'm not picking on people for being new, but for using that as an explicit excuse for acting scummy. Someone wise once said "Just because you're new doesn't mean you're not scum" Besides that, if you do a little research you'll find that andersonw's first post is not exactly truthful.

But thanks for reacting, Matt.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 am

Post by VanDamien »

Matt_S wrote:
killa seven wrote: what up im checkin in.. wow alot has been posted i was here at like 8 and it was still locked ayways im kinda drunk ill be back with my vote i gotta read slow

I believe you.
Who cares?
Matt_S wrote:
I should have never done that, you're right. Andersonw wasn't in danger of being lynched so I shouldn't have done anything. That's why I unvoted, because I realized I overreacted. I just thought we had better things to discuss than a newbie saying he's a newbie.
We do have better things to discuss, now. Like why you're leaping to someone else's defense then finding it necessary to believe killa publicly.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by VanDamien »

curiouskarmadog wrote:do you really think scum would just come out and say that?
I did, in Ultimatum. :D Granted, that was a much different situation.

unvote

Matt_S wrote: Since when do we have to discuss defending someone? Isn't that already discussion? And I thought I already said I was overreacting.
1. We have to discuss everything; well, anything that anyone feels like discussing, that happens in this thread.
2. Exactly
3. Ah, the crux of the question. Why would you overreact? So many possibilities. Furthermore, you say you shouldn't have done anything, well, in your words:
Matt_S wrote:Andersonw wasn't in danger of being lynched so I shouldn't have done anything
Why would his lynch mean so much to you that you feel you would need to stop it if enough players in this large of a game were calling for it?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 am

Post by VanDamien »

Nemesis wrote: Well the fact that even you arn't sure that it was a joke doesn't help him. And as for the speculation about the recruiter, it's discussion. I way prefer talking about something like that to talking about nothing.

I just hate the threat of "shut up or die"... Rosso contributed to the discussion with that? Plus he hasn't even responded to the post I voted him for, so it's not like the bandwagon has even got to the "worthy of defence" stage yet.
I, for one, hope Rosso did not mean it as a joke. The existence or non-exsistence of ONE potential recruit appearing is moot, and much more likely than not poses no threat to us whatsoever. So, at this point, continuing to discuss what the possibilities are there reeks of scum trying to misdirect attention and distract from the buisness at hand. Therefore, a very strong tell.
Matt_S wrote:Yeah, it's discussion, but it's about a dead guy. He could have recruits, but there could also be a second cult for all we know.
Vote:Matt_S
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:47 am

Post by VanDamien »

Nemesis wrote:
VanDamien wrote:
So, at this point, continuing to discuss
what the possibilities are there reeks of scum trying to misdirect attention and distract from the buisness at hand.

Um, the discussion started on the first game post. The "buisness at hand" you speak of would be random voting. You are saying that distracting people from that with actual discussion is a strong scumtell?
Emphasis added to aid in your reading comprehension.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 am

Post by VanDamien »

Nemesis wrote: Well if you've only just formed this opinion, how can you agree with what Rosso said on page 3?
Because this game had a (thankfully) remarkably short random stage, and by page three had rolled around it was over.
Matt_S wrote:VanDamien: Can you explain your newest vote on me? Did you honestly take my post to be a real suggestion that there's another cult?
Sure, I meant to be voting for you before that, and corrected the mistake.
Charity wrote:I guess I should wait like everyone else.
Really?
Unvote
Vote: Charity

Lloyd wrote:If everyone waits, then we'll never lynch today, and no lynch is a bad idea on day 1.
Agreed, but obvious. Srsly, this is page 7 of a 30 player game hat has activity (if not from everyone) - you're worried about a no lynch already?
oEJo wrote:What the? You didn't even say anything about VanDamien.
And?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by VanDamien »

thenextepsiode, please list your top two likely scum, and top two likely town, giving reasoning for each.

Or, earn my vote also.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by VanDamien »

VanDamien wrote:thenextepsiode, please list your top two likely scum, and top two likely town, giving reasoning for each.

Or, earn my vote also.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 am

Post by VanDamien »

Let's see - my 4 voes so far:

Matt_S - random
andersonw - for trying to excuse future scummy actions on being new.
Matt_S - for his reaction to my vote on andersonw
Charity - for flat out refusing to participate.

And yes, I was leaning towards a thenextepsiode vote, and might still find myself there, but I'm happy with my Charity vote for now, since I voted her for this:
Charity wrote:I guess I should wait like everyone else.
and she follows that gem up with this:
Charity wrote:I really don't know who to vote for. It's kinda hard to decide.
But Lloyd, if you want to vote for me for voting for who I find scummy or where I feel the need to apply a little pressure then by all means, do. But please then explain to us why you feel doing so is scummy.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Khelvaster wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Khelvaster wrote: Also, if we could lynch armlix, and he came up scum, we would see BM as practically confirmed, yet another reason for an armlix lynch (not to tunnel vision, but yeah...he's tunnel visioning BM...)
its a nice idea, but my worry would be that should Armlx come up town, it would lead to a subsequent mislynch, this time of me, and the scum gain a major advantage.

BM
Townies can make mistakes. Scum won't tunnel vision other scum, but townies can tunnel vision other townies. This is a one-way link--
if armlix is scum, you are town
, but if he's town, you're undecided.
Baloney, and craplogic. If armlx is scum, then BM is either town, or a different scumgroup, or running a clever gambit. We at least three killers, and almost certainly 2 of them are different scum groups, if not all three. Armlx's alignment says nothing about BM, either way.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Imat wrote:Agreed.

FoS: Rosso Carne

For jumping on a bandwagon first thing when its already later into the first day. Suspicious, if you ask me, though not enough to warrant a vote.
Explain to me how this being an FoS instead of a vote makes your post any less suspicious than the one you are FoSing Rosso for, seing as how, content-wise, they are otherwise almost identical.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Rosso Carne wrote:*shrug*

sorry guys.
Waitaminute.

Just who are you apologizing to, and for what exactly?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:15 am

Post by VanDamien »

Antithesis wrote: I am waiting for someone to make a rational, well thought case against someone else. So far, all I have seen is copious amounts of 'I think you are scummy for miniscule reason X' sort of posts and a bunch of wagon hopping. To wit I can make neither heads nor tails of where a majority of people stand.

That, plus I think it is entirely possible scum might be encouraging this behavior so as to make it easier for them to hide behind this monolithic wall of inane nonsense.
Why are you waiting for someone to do your job as a townie? Is it because you're not town, and need a strong BW to get behind?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:58 am

Post by VanDamien »

Antithesis wrote: Oh, I dunno, I may get around to making a case on someone when I feel pretty certain they are scum. Of course, my waiting isn't stopping you from doing the same, whenever you feel ready.
UR DOING IT WRONG.

But okay, I'll bite.
Antithesis, on Feb 5 wrote:I think that is part of the problem I have with the current crop of 'suspects'. People seem more than happy to drop a vote on someone, but I have yet to see anyone actually push for/ make a case against anyone so far. Everything to this point strikes me merely as a vote of convenience.
Antithesis, on Mar 8 wrote:I am waiting for someone to make a rational, well thought case against someone else. So far, all I have seen is copious amounts of 'I think you are scummy for miniscule reason X' sort of posts and a bunch of wagon hopping. To wit I can make neither heads nor tails of where a majority of people stand.

That, plus I think it is entirely possible scum might be encouraging this behavior so as to make it easier for them to hide behind this monolithic wall of inane nonsense.
So, at least you've been consistently looking for the easy wagon for over a month. This is day one. Let me say it again - THIS IS DAY ONE. Even with a night behind us, the entire purpose of today is to develop and look for the small reactions, the tiny links, the things that do not become obvious until a couple of days are behind us. Waiting for the case to be made, so you can get behind it is not scumhunting. In fact, it's what scum often do. There SHOULD be lots of votes thrown around, and lots of wagon-shifts today. This is not a problem, this is a good thing.
Antithesis wrote:I am suspicious of everyone.

Aside from that, there is one person in particular I am watching at the moment, but I'd rather not say their name, at least, just yet.
This was almost a month ago. Who was it, and how do you feel about them now? You know what, it doesn't really matter, because this is the type of post I've seen that when a strong wagon begins to go you can point back at this, whomever it is, and claim you've been watching them.
Antithesis wrote:"And a claimed Miller shall lead them..."

Chapter 8, verse 12, from the Book of What the **** is this ****!
Ooh, here's one of those minor things you love so much. Why "them" and not "us"?
Antithesis wrote:What bothers me is the Cult.

Lets assume that they aren't dead, that there is a recruiter and a cult leader, as some Cults have.
Are you suggesting that if, in fact, the cult began with a leader and a separate recruiter, that both can recruit? Otherwise, why are you worried about them? The recruiter is the one who is dead.

unvote
vote: Antithesis
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:56 am

Post by VanDamien »

thenextepisode wrote:
Lloyd wrote:
thenextepisode wrote:because that's just my style, i don't vote early.
thenextepisode, beside playstyle, any other reasons why you don't vote early?
because on day 1, i feel like there are never any legitimate reasons to vote.
Bullshit, liar.

unvote
vote: thenextepisode
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by VanDamien »

This claim makes me uneasy.

From the time it took to make it - stringing it out while looking for the best possible fake.

To putting himself in the position of the only non-town kill last night.

To the method, and the "choice" he claims to be allowed. Throat-slash, to me, sounds much more Sk-ish.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Is lloyd's play thoroughly incomprehensible to everyone else, too?
No, he's asking to be run over by a bus by k7, to either prove or disprove that k7 can, in fact, choose his method of kill.

And that alone is enough for me to wait a day to lynch k7, who I think is probably lying.

Thenextepisode is definitely lying, though, and so my vote stands there.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:58 am

Post by VanDamien »

Not Vig

unvote

Vote: killa seven
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by VanDamien »

jackalbane wrote:Is there any reason we're prolonging that last killa vote? Kinda repeating what I've already said, but seeing as nobody answered me I feel obliged.
:goodposting:
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:11 am

Post by VanDamien »

armlx wrote:I believe it has helped in reinforcing that BM must die this game, which is clutch for us to realize to not get tricked out of a win.
That's been obvious since he claimed, and doesn't merit discussion, other then giving him incentive to try and get everyone to claim, apparently. Yep, that's sure is a good thing. :roll:
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:04 am

Post by VanDamien »

Well crap, the new jobs been draining me. Here I am.
Battle Mage wrote:
Rosso Carne wrote:when i die, please vig BM tonight and lynch XTom tomorrow. That is the word.
even though if you are town, i am confirmed town?

You really are stupid aren't you... >.>

BM
No, you're not.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Matt_S wrote: Please 'splain Rosso's guilty on him first.
Cult also = scum.

Vote: Battle Mage

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”