Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 478, Ginngie wrote:but for real, I can link almost literally every town game I've played in and I fight and dig my nails into every vote that comes my way. It's NAI at worst, town tell at best.
To have a good scum game it needs to look like you're town game right? I might be wrong I just started playing a few months ago but to me that seems like an extremely easy way to make you're town and scum games look the same.

I town read you because it seemed like you were trying to gamesolve decent enough for rvs. It changed a little when you posted this. It changed a little more when you started pushing transcend which is a very easy push right now to be honest. I personally think he's town and he's reaction testing with his play.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

But my 1st game all somebody did was reaction test. It maybe biased a little but from my mafia experience that's what I'm getting from transcend.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

did i just break my read-every-post rule the post after i made it
f---

transcend=town-null
i do not like the short posts but you do seem to be game solving
also why do so many of you seem to be self-voting i really do not get that
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1075, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 478, Ginngie wrote:but for real, I can link almost literally every town game I've played in and I fight and dig my nails into every vote that comes my way. It's NAI at worst, town tell at best.
To have a good scum game it needs to look like you're town game right? I might be wrong I just started playing a few months ago but to me that seems like an extremely easy way to make you're town and scum games look the same.

I town read you because it seemed like you were trying to gamesolve decent enough for rvs. It changed a little when you posted this. It changed a little more when you started pushing transcend which is a very easy push right now to be honest. I personally think he's town and he's reaction testing with his play.
Well I mean, it's the truth so :P

This means jack shit to you cuz we're playing a game right now but I tend to ignore votes on me as scum because people stop caring after awhile or forget you. As town I don't give a fuck tho because I know I can win any fight.

The best advice I can give is to judge what I push and see if it comes from a town!mindset. Scumreading someone for playing their town meta and thinking they're faking it is going to bite you in the ass a lot. Always judge by play with people you aren't familiar with and use meta on your close friends.

Now the reason I'm pushing Transcend is because earlier this game he said I was obv!town while I was being pushed and I'm trying to get at why he town reads me so hard considering we've played once together.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm gonna get bit in the ass a lot either way. You live and you learn but I appreciate the help.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

definitely going to start back-stocking these reads and probably try and form them now so i can make short responses
and i should probably also start constantly updating them for when i finish all of you once
which is when this self-imposed restriction will really start to shine

muttonchopmagic=town
not entirely sure whether the posting restriction would be town or not
or whether that is a posting restriction or just how you play
but i do actually like a lot of your posts and either way the rhyming is fun and kind of refreshing to see in this game
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1061, WhyMafia wrote: What does scum transcend look like?
can't remember if I've seen scum Transcend yet
In post 1061, WhyMafia wrote: This definitely looks different, I just am hesitant because I doubt he would have such a noticeable difference
when in doubt - just sheep the sum of my townreads and you won't ruin the game
abcedminded
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

But you might lose kek
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1080, Theta Alpine wrote: muttonchopmagic=town
or whether that is a posting restriction or just how you play
but i do actually like a lot of your posts and either way the rhyming is fun and kind of refreshing to see in this game

and his name contains "magic"

magic creatures are always town aligned

centaurs, pixies, faerie dragons to name few
abcedminded
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Abr hasn't been around in a while. Theta hasnt helped too much but maybe he will when he catches up. Massive hasn't attempted to game solve at all.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1084, Tchill13 wrote:Abr hasn't been around in a while.
probably will come up with a fake claim tomorrow
abcedminded
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Who do you scum read lapsa?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1077, Theta Alpine wrote:did i just break my read-every-post rule the post after i made it
f---

transcend=town-null
i do not like the short posts but you do seem to be game solving
also why do so many of you seem to be self-voting i really do not get that
Where did he game solve?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Yeah whymafia I was gonna ignore that because he's trying to catch up. That's not right though.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1086, Tchill13 wrote:Who do you scum read lapsa?
Transcend
abcedminded
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

That's it?
Lore
Lore
Goon
Lore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Lore »

In post 975, Ginngie wrote:
In post 973, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 356, Lore wrote:lynching transcend seems dumb for what was essentially a joke.

egg gives me townfeels at this point but idk theres not that much info yet

PMysterious seemed too literal when the game started, obviously pisskop has been scum before but does that lie matter or was it a joke that was blown out of proportion. but then later i think PM did some pretty good analysis on gamma so idk

I like WM explanation of transcend's meme vote (232). that makes sense to me, even though i think it was a dumb joke in the first place.

I think overall the lazer focus/L-4 on gamma is a bit fast, too fast for a wagon imo. my top scum reads are crush for avoiding voting and gin for being weird about scum reads but its still v early
Here he starts by attacking the wagon on me
In post 360, Lore wrote:im not really scum reading anyone for voting on him, i think he has posted some scummy things but im not convinced on him yet and i think its possible scum is urging along the wagon because its easy. idk, i need to observe more to decide how i think about him, i dont townread gamma, he is like null scum to me. could be a neutral....
Then he states he doesn't have an idea who might be scum voting me, and says I'm neutral at best.
This suggests he want to get Towncred if I am lynched while not trying to
actually figure out
who is the scum on my wagon.
I'll admit I like the bolded a lot.

I see what you're saying now, only thing I want from this now is for Lore to actually give reasons why she likes/dislikes the votes on your wagon.

At your request I will go back and reanalyze why the gamma wagon bugged me. I didnt have a strong explanation before, it was more gut-feeling than anything, but I will attempt to pick it apart for you.

1st vote on gamma: PMysterious, 8: RVS so it doesnt bug me. Gamma hasn't posted by this point.

(side note: tchill, 38: voted on transcend when everyone was voting transcend for his vote on lapsa. if that vote wasn't because lapsa was confirmed town and transcend had voted for him i would be interested to know what it WAS for)

Spoiler:
In post 13, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yay IC!
Yay ABR!
Do I know you PMysterious?
Hi Pisskop! Hope you rolled Town for once.
VOTE: Ginngie
Why aren't you your main?
In post 14, Gamma Emerald wrote:TBH this is kinda fair retribution for the last time I played with Lapsa
Dude got lynched D1 for what I figure was wagon analysis (not VCA)
In post 17, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh great a secret alt
In post 22, Gamma Emerald wrote:No you're not
didn't you roll scum in Evoker? I know you rolled SK in Aero's drunken xmas party and were traitor in GIFs pieguyn game
In post 24, Gamma Emerald wrote:I had to go on hiatus for like two months
I've officially won and lost games as Town and mafia since my return
In post 26, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yes I do :D
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:Given PMysterious' sig says he is back I don't think I've played with any alts of his
In post 36, Gamma Emerald wrote:That's a fun question tbh
Why did all y'all pick the username you did?
Mine was made at the time Pokémon ORAS came out so I created a username that fitted that for Pokémon Showdown as well as other places. It stuck, mostly because I wanted to keep the same name universally.

Then gamma talks a whole bunch and says basically nothing. None of this screams scum to me yet...

2nd vote: WM, 43: another RVS i think?
In post 51, Gamma Emerald wrote:Lame entrance. Feels a bit forced.
VOTE: platinum
I admit, i don't like this post. I think it is not a reason to vote for someone, a post saying hi seems like it is just a post saying hi. No worse than people making ego posts as their entrance. NAI imo. But this reaction seems a bit reach-y regardless of alignment?

3rd vote: plat 66: another rvs probably - if not it is a naked vote.

4th vote: transcend, 69:
In post 69, Transcend wrote:Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Four is town
Egg is too.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Gamma isn't.
That's the vote I shall do.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
No explanation except "gamma's scum". This is where i start to question the wagon tbh. I feel like either I am missing some huge scum read or people are reading more into small things than I am. Trying to get attention off himself because he had several votes on himself and so did gamma and it was an easy wagon to jump on? Thats how it reads to me. Again, because there is no explanation here it is hard to analyze which to me feels pretty scummy.

5th vote:
In post 81, Lapsa wrote:scum: pisskop, gamma, tchill, mutton

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

and it is safe to assume that we are in multi-ball
Just previously to this Lapsa had posted that transcend's post above was "good... for now." With lapsa's other votes in mind and with the fact that he is the IC in this game, it seems like he is appropriately using his vote to direct pressure. That seems legit, and I can only assume that is what the intention is here. It still seems like a stretch to scum read someone based on what seems like nothing of substance but pressure is pressure and it is the best way to figure out scum vs town.

(sidenote: i dont think I agree that its "safe to assume we are in multi-ball but then i dont know how common multi-ball is on this site. Still keeping my mind open on that but I would like to hear others opinions on it)
In post 96, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 57, Egg wrote:I don't like either pmyst's or gamma's reaction to lapsa being confirmed town. Pmyst commenting on it being "quick" feels like he wasn't happy about it. Gamma is the exact opposite, seeming to exaggarate his happiness. It's weird how both initially took pisskop's "always town" comment so seriously too. Both players have made a post I liked though (26 and 33).

Gamma, what is forced about saying hi?

Vote Gamma
Why are you asking me what's forced about it? Fifth Amendment bitch!
I was happy to start what seemed like an exciting game.
I haaate gamma's response here. This is mafia, there is no fifth amendment in mafia. If you are town you should WANT to explain why you feel what you feel and yet.... here gamma explicitly declines to do that because ???? laziness? trying to be funny? anyway, i just dont like it.
In post 98, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 61, Egg wrote:I think it's the exclamation point.
Really an exclamation point makes you scumread me? How would you prefer I wrote it? The exclamation point adds a specific tone I was aiming for.
This response is meh. We are playing in text, of course it is going to be some part of how you type and what you type that will influence how people read you. On the other hand, i can see getting frustrated with such a small thing he's town. This is pretty NAI to me.

Then from this point on it is just people voting gamma to get dueling wagons between transcend and gamma.

So i think 1. this is more in depth thinking than i was doing when i first posted the original statement. 2. It just seemed like a lot of votes very fast when I first started.

Now, looking back, the wagon seems to make mostly sense. Some of the original votes were off but most of them were either RVS, or dueling wagons/pressure motivated.

So the votes on the wagon i don't give a shit about: PM, WM, Egg, Lapsa, Gingie (wagon making), lexa (wagon making)

The votes on the wagon I don't care for: plat (because it was the 4th vote on him, laid down naked and no explanation was ever given and plat has been very lurky), transcend (it seemed like it was a vote to divert attention)

I honestly don't know how i feel about gamma right now. I said null-scum above and suggested neutral, but i find myself swinging back and forth between his votes. I really hate some of his early posts (the 5th amendment one and him objecting to egg tone-reading him, and voting for someone for entering with a hi) but a bunch of his later posts have seemed better. If i was pushed to give a read i would definitely say scum at this point.

Of course, this now feels like old analysis to me. New analysis incoming on more recent shit.
Lore
Lore
Goon
Lore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Lore »

In post 926, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 925, Lexa wrote:
In post 920, FourTrouble wrote:Lore has hints of town. Theta doesn't.
Funny enough that would almost make me vote Lore first
That's not a bad instinct. I'm trying to get something going on Theta but I'm not opposed to a competing wagon on Lore.
I obviously don't enjoy a wagon on me, but I also think Lexa has been genuinly trying to townsolve this game. She has posted a few weird naked votes but with more of an accumulation of her posts it seems pretty clear that competing wagons is one of her favorite tactics. I would be surprised if she wasn't town.
In post 951, Transcend wrote:VOTE: transcend
In post 959, Transcend wrote:Oh wait lore is obvscum

VOTE: lore
??????????????????? why the self vote? i don't understand. are you just blatantly trolling? This doesn't feel like helpful town behavior in the slightest.
In post 966, pisskop wrote:ewww, wk with intent.

and treasonous actions against the party
and a long history of insurrectionist tendencies
and plotting the murder of best moderator
and rubbing his balls on my pillow when i wasnt home
I can't rub my balls on your pillow when you weren't home, i dont have balls.

Seriously though, do non of you pay attention to the pronouns under peoples names? I think the only person who has gotten it right this game was Gingie- including someone refering to me as "it" earlier lol...
In post 997, massive wrote:There's something in 912 that makes me think FourTrouble is town in this game and has been town in every game he's played so far.
I don't know about every game he has been so far but I also quite liked the level of analysis in 912.
In post 1073, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 1072, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1042, Transcend wrote:Everyone is towny this game
Not Theta. Not by a long shot.
wow look at how i died in both of my games so far

here is a hint
i was mislynched for being scummy in both
This doesn't actually prove you aren't scum this game, it just means you are probably bad at playing town.
In post 1085, Lapsa wrote:
In post 1084, Tchill13 wrote:Abr hasn't been around in a while.
probably will come up with a fake claim tomorrow
Is this something he does?
In post 1086, Tchill13 wrote:Who do you scum read lapsa?
Tchill: you know how a few posts before this you were getting defensive because you said that you were trying to get discsuions going and not asking other people to do the heavy lifting for you? This feels like asking other people to do the heavy lifting for you.

Who are your top two town and scum reads? Reasons?
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1080, Theta Alpine wrote: muttonchopmagic=town
or whether that is a posting restriction or
just how you play

I believe it is the case of what I put in bold. He likely does this in other games as well, as it just seems too natural to just be a post restriction. Either way, I agree with this read a lot myself.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I just now realized I misinterpreted Egg's post
I thought he was asking me about my post not platinum's
FUUUUUUUUCK
Late answer, but as I said I was reaction testing, plus I wanted to see platinum react to a little early pressure.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

So asking someone for their reads is asking them to do the heavy lifting. I have my thoughts I want to know other people's thoughts. I'll let give you my reads in just a minute.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Theta and massive as scum
Lexa and egg as town
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

My 2 scum reads come from a lack of game solving and activity. Lexa's read on lore stood out to me as why she's town and egg because it seemed like he was game solving the most.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Egg »

So this catchup might have to come in short bursts. I don't have a big chunk of free time to do it all at once.
tchill wrote:Yeah I wasn't really paying attention before. I did call myself an idiot by the way. Like it's pretty stupid to miss the 1st post. I understand why so many people scum read me
The last sentence here feels fake. He is saying he made a mistake in missing that lapsa is confirmed which sounds like a defense after catching heat for his vote. If he thinks he was scum read for an honest mistake, why does he understand the scum reads? It feels like an attempt to get it shrugged off and get the attention off of him.

Lapsa, why is pisskop town?

Lore, in your response to me you mentioned massive's lapsa vote being a gambit and in context I took that as you townreading massive or at least not seeing the vote as scummy. You also seemed to not see the other lapsa votes as being scummy which I was pretty sure was your explanation for not voting any of them. But then a few posts later you go on to list those who voted lapsa and call them scum reads specifically for those votes. Can you clarify that stance for me? For reference, posts 726 and 737 are the ones that feel contradictory.

Ginngie, who do you think is avoiding voting lexa?
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1092, Lore wrote: I can't rub my balls on your pillow when you weren't home, i dont have balls.
:(
abcedminded

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”