competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by competentpsycho »

kuribo wrote: No, you're either paranoid or scum. Why would you think there's a jester?
I am trying to rationalize his weird playstyle. He said day 1 he would contribute more when more stuff happened so there was information to base decisions off of. He hasn't. Possibly scum but most scum would try to blend in and pacone has done nothing like that.
competentpsycho wrote:Actually, looking back at this I think I mixed this up a little. When I first read it it seemed like the mafia would have to "find" the spy, but now that I reread it it seems like they just tell the mod when they want to recruit him. I think the recruit part made me mix it up with mason a little. The argument still holds since the spy would become a normal mafia member if recruited, but still flipped Mafia spy. Also, scum would want to recruit later so that there is a better chance of the spy having been investigated before being recruited, and thus the cop thinking he was town. Sorry about the mixup but the argument is still valid, scum shouldn't have known that Sens was the mafia spy and instead thought he was town. I am leaning toward the thought that Phate was just not reading thoroughly,
but that doesn't clear him by any means
Rigel wrote:I'm not sure that I like the way that the discussion has turned on Phate all of a sudden. Yes, Phate's defense of Sensfan was scummy on Day 2, but the truth is that if Phate is scum, he wouldn't have known that Sensfan was mafia-aligned. Therefore, saying that his defense of Sensfan makes him scummy makes no sense.
It seems I have an echo.
Rigel wrote:
How, this by no means clears Phate
. He still could be scum, and I plan on looking of evidence to support that in Day 1. But jumping on him for his actions on Day 2 and 3 doesn't help when those actions, looked at objectively, wouldn't help the mafia, and therefore would be horrible plays if Phate was scum.

And why has no one brought up the fact that FTIP was a shrink? This gives us a guaranteed serial killer, unless Fairy cured them on Night 1. And someone killed her during the day--that's something we should be looking at as well. I just don't see where this Phate thing is going, and unless some non-Sensfan-supporting evidence can be found, I think we should shelve the matter until we can determine exactly what occurred overnight.
Paraphrasing (not even really in the red part - more plagiarizing) what I said before doesn't mean you are contributing. The Fairy thing is a good call, I thought I mentioned that before but I guess not. I get a bad feeling about you, though.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Rigel »

competentpsycho wrote:Paraphrasing (not even really in the red part - more plagiarizing) what I said before doesn't mean you are contributing. The Fairy thing is a good call, I thought I mentioned that before but I guess not. I get a bad feeling about you, though.
Just because you and I have the same opinion doesn't make my restatement of it scummy. If I didn't point out where I stood on the Phate issue, I would have gotten called on it by Zoneace or JDodge, so I just phrased the issue how I saw it. I didn't really even look much at your posts while I was posting, so the similarity between our phrasings would be by osmosis. Believe me, if I wanted to pretend that I had the same opinion as you so that I wouldn't have to contribute, I would have made sure that I didn't phrase my post in such a similar way, because, as we have seen, phrasing my opinions in a way similar to the way you did draws attention.

But saying that I'm not contributing just because I phrased my opinions similarly to yours is a bad stand to take. For one thing, I take my similar opinion further, pointing out that we need to look at Phate's Day 1 play before we outright condemn him for what appears to be a foolish set of actions. For another, this opinion we share is not the whole of my post because I have more to say than what you said. I have the FTIP situation to bring up, something you allegedly noticed but didn't bother to mention, and I'm bringing a possible pacone-lynch back onto the table of discussion, because he's been largely ignored since the start of the day.

So what you're saying is that even though I have two other points that I make in my post, I haven't contributed anything because I make another point that sounds like yours and because one of those other two is one that you wanted to make but forgot for some reason. Right?
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:52 pm

I said that was a good call on the fairy thing. I didn't find the pacone thing a new point - you just sorta said you would vote for him and repeated why we've been on his ass the whole game. As for the matter of repeating me, I didn't say it was that big of a deal, but now that you are pushing it, you could have just said "I agree with XXX, but in addition...", which puts forth your opinion on the matter with less shit to (re-) read. Adding it in just makes your post bigger and makes it seem like you are posting a lot. It is possible you just didn't read the whole thread before posting and you are just a moron, but i get a bad vibe from you. At the moment it is not enough for me to vote you for it, though.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Holy »

Rigel wrote:As for Holy's interrogation methods, I don't understand the point.
Dear Rigel, it was my personal "adapted" measure tool, it could come quite handy sometimes though.

Phate wrote:I defended JDodge because I don't think he's scum.
Phate's stubbornness yesterday could come from either alignment, especially after reading the definition of Mafia Spy that psycho pointed. But what pinging my scumdar the most was the quote from him yesterday that I brought back here. Although you don't think JDodge is scum, he still might be the scum, so why should you defend him anyway, it's better if you let him defend himself to understand more what his true intention was. Your defending action just not make sense in my eyes the more I think about it.
Yesterday I also questioned Zoneace's list TBH, he put some players as town, period, o yeah! that was pinging my scumdar also at first, but the difference between him and you when playing were the level of sureness of someone innocence.
Thus,
vote: Phate

I still not forget pacone, he's constantly pinging my scumdar. Not much info gathered about him, but he always around when deadline is near, and missing when the day is early as far as I can recall.
pacone
pacone
Townie
pacone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:30 am

Post by pacone »

competentpsycho wrote:Also, I would like to hear from Holy Rigel and Pacone. Where did you guys go?
I am 99.9% inactive during weekends, so I missed day 3 start, and you bunch like to post a lot :P

As for my general lack of posting, I'm telling ya, I play at work, so unless I get an email notification when someone else posts, chances are I forget about it for a day or two. But that doesn't mean I lost interest or that I am lurking, so if you are trying to linch me, find other reasons, like my lack of fancy post analisys, or overall smartarseness :P

Want some contribution?
competentpsycho wrote: My suspicion of Phate has been obvious but this case makes very little sense. Sens was a mafia spy - the mafia didn't know who he was and would have to find him, but with only N1 available for them to do that, it is unlikely that they did.
Yet there was no mafia kill on night 1, so maybe mafia targeted (recruited) the spy by sheer luck. I'm assuming that's the way mafia recruits spies, by targetting them, no?

Also, no night kill tonight either, wtf is up with mafia? And why did fairy die?

And WTF is WIFOM?

Want more? My role has nothing to do with jestering, this is the way I am >_>

*looks disdainfully at the checked "Notify me when a reply is posted" option*
K-scope = n00b.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:36 am

pacone wrote:Yet there was no mafia kill on night 1, so maybe mafia targeted (recruited) the spy by sheer luck. I'm assuming that's the way mafia recruits spies, by targetting them, no?
I don't think it works that way. I think they would NK them that way. What I got from the flash thing was they just tell the mod whenever they want to recruit him.
Also, no night kill tonight either, wtf is up with mafia?
roleblocker?
And why did fairy die?
Vig or SK
And WTF is WIFOM?
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wifom
*looks disdainfully at the checked "Notify me when a reply is posted" option*
I think that only notifies you the first time someone replies after you reply, not subsequent ones, so if you check the forum for a reply but don't post, the replies after that aren't notified.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 am

EBWOP - lack of NK could be from a doc in addition to a roleblocker. Or the mafia might be doing something sneaky (ie forgoing a NK to gain something)
Holy wrote:Phate's stubbornness yesterday could come from either alignment, especially after reading the definition of Mafia Spy that psycho pointed.
I said that his stubborness could most likely only mean scum if he was doing it specifically to look good when sens came up town on the lynch, but that is WIFOM as I said before. My post with the definition was to eradicate this line of thought that he was dragging his feet on lynching a scumbuddy, not to say he was scum because he did it.

READ THE THREAD instead of skimming through.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am

MOD - vote count please
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Phate (2): ZONEACE, Holy
ZONEACE (1): Phate
competentpsycho (1): JDodge

Not Voting (4): pacone, rigel, kuribo, competentpsycho
pacone
pacone
Townie
pacone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:26 am

Post by pacone »

competentpsycho wrote:EBWOP - lack of NK could be from a doc in addition to a roleblocker. Or the mafia might be doing something sneaky (ie forgoing a NK to gain something)
Ah well, nothing exciting then, I'm from the days where the only roles where mafia, citizen and cop :?

That said,
K-scope = n00b.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am

pacone wrote:
reasoning?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Phate »

Holy wrote:Phate's stubbornness yesterday could come from either alignment, especially after reading the definition of Mafia Spy that psycho pointed. But what pinging my scumdar the most was the quote from him yesterday that I brought back here. Although you don't think JDodge is scum, he still might be the scum, so why should you defend him anyway, it's better if you let him defend himself to understand more what his true intention was. Your defending action just not make sense in my eyes the more I think about it.
This is ridiculous. Why would I let crap logic pass by on the off-chance that the person it's aimed at is scum?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Phate »

EBWOP: Also, ZONEACE, are you ready to give a case yet? Pacone, you going to make one? I'm kinda at L-2.

pacone
pacone
Townie
pacone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:41 am

Post by pacone »

Phate wrote:EBWOP: Also, ZONEACE, are you ready to give a case yet? Pacone, you going to make one? I'm kinda at L-2.
See, for some reason, ZONEACE hates me. If I vote you like he does, he might like me more and stop trying to lynch me for not being as active as I am expected to be.

...oh wait, I was not supposed to say that in public. Damn. :oops:

lol Now seriously, you want my case? You are going down like your friend Sensfan.
K-scope = n00b.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:16 am

Post by kuribo »

competentpsycho wrote:EBWOP - lack of NK could be from a doc in addition to a roleblocker. Or the mafia might be doing something sneaky (ie forgoing a NK to gain something) .
So which one of these is you?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:18 am

Post by ZONEACE »

stop fishing kuribo, its looks bad.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:19 am

Post by ZONEACE »

edwop

Same goes for CP
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 am

Post by kuribo »

ZONEACE wrote:stop fishing kuribo, its looks bad.
I'm not fishing, I want to know which of these scenarios he feels proud enough about to have mentioned.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:32 am

Post by kuribo »

EBWOP: Or, more likely, which one he is more disappointed to have seen go through.

psycho has been scummy for quite awhile, and that he brought up mafia "forgoing an NK to gain something," gives me pause. I asked "Which one of these is you," but I think the clear implication was "Are you scum forgoing an NK to gain something?"

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Holy »

competentpsycho wrote:
Holy wrote:Phate's stubbornness yesterday could come from either alignment, especially after reading the definition of Mafia Spy that psycho pointed.
I said that his stubborness could most likely only mean scum if he was doing it specifically to look good when sens came up town on the lynch, but that is WIFOM as I said before. My post with the definition was to eradicate this line of thought that he was dragging his feet on lynching a scumbuddy, not to say he was scum because he did it.

I meant from the
link
you gave us, not from your analysis.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:38 am

kuribo wrote:
competentpsycho wrote:EBWOP - lack of NK could be from a doc in addition to a roleblocker. Or the mafia might be doing something sneaky (ie forgoing a NK to gain something) .
So which one of these is you?
Neither - I was clearing up what I said before which was that a roleblocker could have caused it. I thought about it and it could be a doc protection, or something weird with the mafia. I have heard about mafia getting something for forgoing NKs before. Or they could just be trying to confuse us.
ZONEACE wrote:edwop

Same goes for CP
not fishing - I was answering pacone's questions. That was just clearing up what I said here.
kuribo wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:stop fishing kuribo, its looks bad.
I'm not fishing, I want to know which of these scenarios he feels proud enough about to have mentioned.
kuribo wrote:EBWOP: Or, more likely, which one he is more disappointed to have seen go through.

psycho has been scummy for quite awhile, and that he brought up mafia "forgoing an NK to gain something," gives me pause. I asked "Which one of these is you," but I think the clear implication was "Are you scum forgoing an NK to gain something?"
like I said I have heard of it happening before. That was just an example of the scum doing something weird. So by this line of thought since I mentioned it I must be scum forgoing an NK to gain something in addition to being a roleblocking doc vig SK, since I mentioned all of those, huh?
Holy wrote:
competentpsycho wrote:

I meant from the
link
you gave us, not from your analysis.
Sorry I must have misread your comment. I now read it as he could be mafia or town, especially after what I pointed out. Before I thought you were saying it could come either from his alignment as scum, from what I pointed out... and then forgot to finish your sentence. Sorry I understand now.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Rigel »

Vote: pacone

You're not contributing to the game, you're not active (which is not necessarily a requirement to contribute, I might add), and you've given no quality reason for voting Phate. Just because the majority of us are voting for him doesn't mean that you should follow suit. Give up a decent reason and I might take off my vote, but it'll have to be a pretty good reason.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Rigel wrote:
Vote: pacone

You're not contributing to the game, you're not active (which is not necessarily a requirement to contribute, I might add), and you've given no quality reason for voting Phate. Just because the majority of us are voting for him doesn't mean that you should follow suit. Give up a decent reason and I might take off my vote, but it'll have to be a pretty good reason.

SHOCKING. Rigel is trying to get attention away from phate.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:43 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Phate (2): ZONEACE, Holy
ZONEACE (1): Phate
competentpsycho (1): JDodge
pacone (1): Rigel

Not Voting (3): pacone, kuribo, competentpsycho
[/quote]

Deadline: Thursday 22.00 GMT+1.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Phate »

kuribo, what do you think of ZONEACE's vote on me?

pacone, who's scum and why?

competentpsycho, why aren't you voting someone?

Holy, why haven't you responded to me? Do so please.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”