The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:
vote: the goat
for using random.org as the means for picking their vote

I was gonna try reading tea leaves to come up with something this early in the game...ya think that would be better?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 am

Post by The Goat »

I'm of the opinion that The Eternal Newb is just shaking the bushes to see what comes flying out at this point; not a bad play....

Not quite liking/following what Tarhalindur was on about earlier (suggesting that another player wasn't advocating scumhunting midway through p. 1), but haven't seen anything telling enough to make me want to move my vote yet.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by The Goat »

lalaland wrote:I didn't realize this game had actually started... confirmed and was told the game would start in a bit... :oops:

random
vote The Goat
i don't like goats...

P.S. how do you mark a thread as a "watched thread" :oops: ?
Damned anti-goatites....
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 am

Post by The Goat »

The Eternal Newb wrote:
bigbenwd wrote:(4 or 5 suspects in 2 pages? really?)
How many suspects did this "Jeep" have?
:?

Not entirely sure that's the best way to justify it. Can you briefly sum up why you find the persons you were voting for suspicious?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:46 am

Post by The Goat »

Actually...the more I look at post 41, the less I like it. Are you suggesting that a "shot in the dark" is actually more pro-town on D1 than an educated, reasoned decision?

Please elucidate.

unvote, vote The Eternal Newb
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by The Goat »

The Eternal Newb wrote:Honestly speaking, my entire strategy consists of "say stupid shit and see who responds to stupid shit how."

It's worked pretty well for me in the three or so years I've been playing.

Only about half of that was online, in case anybody cares.

Right now my list of who I think is scum consists of Korts, BigBen, Tarh, Goat, and Pyaar.

I honestly don't know why. I play from the gut as a townie.
Staggering. Truly staggering it is...how much more suspicious I became when I voted for you....

Gosh Golly...could your list possibly consist of those other than the sheep who more or less decided: "Oh yes, oh mighty and all-knowing Eternal Newb; please show us your WISDOM!!!!!"

Or...you could do what I asked, and just answer the question, Claire.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:46 am

Post by The Goat »

The Eternal Newb wrote:
unvote, vote: tEN

Final list:

Tarh, Matt, Wizzle, Korts, Noah
You confuse me. A lot.

Again, could you please give some reasoning for your suspicions? The way you're acting is decidedly NOT pro-town, regardless of how scummy you are.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:well Matt S has no dirt, not a thing on me so i have no idea why he is voting for me. I have a lot of problems with him voting for me without an ounce of proof. It seems really scummy to vote on someone without having a reason or proof.

Matt S
uhhh...there was the bickering between you and Superfly, followed by this after the lynch...
Superfly wrote:JDGA way to hammer with no warning. If tEN is town you and L-1 boy noah will be everybody's first suspects.

...and then Superfly ends up dead. While I find that almost TOO convenient, you're overreacting to what could be considered "reasonable suspicion."

FOS: Noah Hanson
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:09 am

Post by The Goat »

Noah...answer me one thing.

What sort of "proof" are you seeking that would make it "acceptable" to vote you? You state thaqt nobody has "proof" against you.

There isn't PROOF against anyone. This is a game where voting is generally done through suspicion for the first few days.
Through your logic, there's no justification for voting for ANYONE, because there isn't proof on anyone.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by The Goat »

Sorry for my absence.

gonna
vote Noah Hanson
here.

I really dislike how he railed against anyone who found him suspicious, demanding "proof," refused to answer questions, then snapped and voted for HIMSELF (much like TEN did yesterday), pulled the whole "oh, why should I care" routine, then UNVOTED himself just hours later, claiming that he wasn't going to help us lynch him.

Then...he disappears, and we start looking elsewhere.

Is it highly probable that he pulled a risky gambit like this in order to extend his life after looking suspicious? No.

Is it possible? Yep. It's still a hunch, but something in my gut is telling me all is not right there.

Vote stays until Noah at least answers my question from days ago.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:you'll be waiting a while there pal.
...then apparently my vote will be staying awhile.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:the thing that got me going was the fact that i had enough balls to put someone at L-1, SOMEONE THAT WAS BEGGING FOR IT. And i still got pegged as being scum, is it my fault that i had enough balls to do what other people wouldn't NO. I am and always will be a person that is for giving people what they ask for. TEN asked to be lynched and i stepped up and did it you can call me scum all you want makes no difference.
Noah, at the very least I want you to tell me who you think are the three players most likely to be scum, with reasons. Explanation for your actions (especially your explicit refusal to explain yourself), which has been severely lacking from you so far (no, repeatedly saying "I am town" is not a valid form of explanation), would also be a pro-town thing to do.
you want a list ok here ya go

1.Kilroy8675309- He started the whole bandwagon by making up posts that i never made that alone should have thrown up red flags to people but it never did. And then he continued his push to lynch at post 220, he then got his buddy Matt S to join him in his little crusade to any attention away from him although he still has a few votes himself. Now i would say he is still acting scummy but i would just be repeating what i have said in many posts.

2. Matt S- He joined right in with Kilroy with post 224 even though Peers pointed out that Kiljoy was bussing to a lynch with post 221, nobody listened and the wagon rolled along by this time another had joined the wagon...

3.grintwig- she didnt waste any time, at post 216 the very next post after Kiljoy started his bandwagon campaign grintwig jumped right on. no other reason other than following someone else's word.

4. OhMyGodLife- at post 219 he switched gears so fast he begins his post by saying that things were coincidental as far as the deal between superfly dying after we argued then goes right into a mini list and votes me.

5. Springlullaby- post 226 the person says they are perfectly happy with voting for me even though grintwig is acting more scummy.
THANK you.

unvote
because...well, because I said I would.

I've had a remarkable amount of beer, and will not procees further until tomorrow.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:the thing that got me going was the fact that i had enough balls to put someone at L-1, SOMEONE THAT WAS BEGGING FOR IT. And i still got pegged as being scum, is it my fault that i had enough balls to do what other people wouldn't NO. I am and always will be a person that is for giving people what they ask for. TEN asked to be lynched and i stepped up and did it you can call me scum all you want makes no difference.
Noah, at the very least I want you to tell me who you think are the three players most likely to be scum, with reasons. Explanation for your actions (especially your explicit refusal to explain yourself), which has been severely lacking from you so far (no, repeatedly saying "I am town" is not a valid form of explanation), would also be a pro-town thing to do.
you want a list ok here ya go

1.Kilroy8675309- He started the whole bandwagon by making up posts that i never made that alone should have thrown up red flags to people but it never did. And then he continued his push to lynch at post 220, he then got his buddy Matt S to join him in his little crusade to any attention away from him although he still has a few votes himself. Now i would say he is still acting scummy but i would just be repeating what i have said in many posts.
As has been discussed, most of what you're referring to was paraphrasing - but I'm going to examine this train.
2. Matt S- He joined right in with Kilroy with post 224 even though Peers pointed out that Kiljoy was bussing to a lynch with post 221, nobody listened and the wagon rolled along by this time another had joined the wagon...
Believe it or not, I agree with you on this...and feel that Matt deserves a little more scrutiny for it.
3.grintwig- she didnt waste any time, at post 216 the very next post after Kiljoy started his bandwagon campaign grintwig jumped right on. no other reason other than following someone else's word.
I believe grintwig was fishing for a reaction. Guess what? She got one.
4. OhMyGodLife- at post 219 he switched gears so fast he begins his post by saying that things were coincidental as far as the deal between superfly dying after we argued then goes right into a mini list and votes me.
Could not disagree with you more, here...and this is the point. Is it a cut-and-dried argument to say "Superfly commented that Noah would be a prime suspect if TEN turned out to be pro-town, then Superfly was killed, so Noah must be the killer?" No...and that's what OhGodMyLife was saying. He simply gave a different reason for why he was voting you, which was mostly your reaction.

By the above logic, JDGA is just as suspicious as you, and yet he didn't get near the attention (or votes) that you did. Why? Because he didn't completely flip out at the notion that he was suspect for what happened.
5. Springlullaby- post 226 the person says they are perfectly happy with voting for me even though grintwig is acting more scummy.
Again...granted, and I dislike going for the easy lynch rather than the correct one. However, this is a little hypocritical, as you nearly pulled the exact same thing TEN did...you voted for yourself. If you wanted yourself dead, and Springlullaby was happy to help you out with that, don't kvetch about it. ;)

Anyway, this whole thing was either a balls-out, brilliant scum gambit, or a temper tantrum by a pro-town player. For the moment I'll count it as the latter, but
IGMEOY: Noah Hanson
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by The Goat »

Dagnabbit, I did NOT want to submit that before previewing it...I didn't use any open quote tags where I wanted them.

Just pretend that the paragraphs before the /quote tags are clearly designaed as such. Sorry about that.

Fixed them.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:
The Goat wrote:Believe it or not, I agree with you on this...and feel that Matt deserves a little more scrutiny for it.
I really don't want to sound rude, but I didn't follow Kilroy onto any bandwagons. I was the first person to vote for him today.
Yeah, I'm reading up on a few of Noah's reasons...not really sure about a couple of them.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by The Goat »

springlullaby wrote:
Vote: noah hanson

I think the most suspicious are the ones who called for an early lynch on day 1. grintwig posts looks more suspicious, but I'm happy with voting voting noah atm.
vote: Springlullaby

Another one of those "the more I look at it, the less I like it" posts.

You find those calling or an early lynch on day 1 suspicious, but then put Noah at four votes early on day 2?

Can I get a little bit of an explanation on this?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by The Goat »

springlullaby wrote:I don't see the contradiction that you seem to be perceiving.

Whether supported by scum or not, the quick lynch of tEN yesterday was a bad move for town as there is even less than normal to be going on today.

noah was one of the people with flimsy reason to go for the quicklynch so when the wagon on him started today I was happy to join in to get some reaction. after he claimed, then voted himself, along with his little fit, there was no point anymore in pursuing whatsoever with him in this manner, so I unvoted. With the way he acted, another quicklynch could happen, and I had questions to ask first.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit numb and out of focus about this game after I worked myself up with the grintwig thing. So I'm sitting back and watching for the time being.
Hmmm. That covers prety much everything EXCEPT what Noah himself pointed out...that you found somone else scummier, but were still content to vote Noah in the first place. Doesn't seem a particularly pro-town move for someone who was so concerned about being methodical on Day 1.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:54 am

Post by The Goat »

springlullaby wrote:
The Goat wrote:
springlullaby wrote:I don't see the contradiction that you seem to be perceiving.

Whether supported by scum or not, the quick lynch of tEN yesterday was a bad move for town as there is even less than normal to be going on today.

noah was one of the people with flimsy reason to go for the quicklynch so when the wagon on him started today I was happy to join in to get some reaction. after he claimed, then voted himself, along with his little fit, there was no point anymore in pursuing whatsoever with him in this manner, so I unvoted. With the way he acted, another quicklynch could happen, and I had questions to ask first.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit numb and out of focus about this game after I worked myself up with the grintwig thing. So I'm sitting back and watching for the time being.
Hmmm. That covers prety much everything EXCEPT what Noah himself pointed out...that you found somone else scummier, but were still content to vote Noah in the first place. Doesn't seem a particularly pro-town move for someone who was so concerned about being methodical on Day 1.
I believe I did answer to that. But for the sake of clarity, I was most suspicious of the people who went for the quicklynch, grintwig was my top suspect but noah was on my list as well. The momentum was on noah, so I voted noah to see where it would lead.

Does that make sense to you?
Yes, unfortunately.
OhGodMyLife wrote:I agree with you Werebear, but I am still for option one. I would like to see more pressure on Xtoxm though, because what he is doing is very different from the kind of lurking that grintwig was attacking earlier.
I'll option #2 over a no-lynch. My scumfishing expedition today has come up empty...I may just be a sucky fisherman, but I'm satisfied with the answers I've received so far. I agree that we need more substance from Xtoxm.

vote Xtoxm
. Speak up, my friend.

FOS, Kilroy
. So...you're willing to follow, eh? Seems a little odd that you're not willing to stay on Noah unless it's a train with some momentum. It almost seems as though you're saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Now I'm not willing to really take a stand on Noah, but if you guys get him close enough to the cliff, I'll be happy to push him over the edge."
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by The Goat »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:EBWODP
noah hanson wrote:quit crying kiljoy you're just pissed cause the wheels fell off your wagon and way to go trying to fix your little red wagon of lynching.
I'm not sure if I responded to this yet, but even if I did, I'm confident I didn't make this point: Does nobody else see that he jumped on the voice of reason, using a stupid metaphor to attempt to downplay what I'd said?

Of course nobody else sees this - it's a bastard mod game, and the joke's on me. I'm the only Townie.
Awwwwwwwww. Now who's worried about the "big bad meany-heads?"

I'M KIDDING, AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU SERIOUSLY USE THAT AGAINST ME I WILL DONKEY PUNCH YOUR MOTHER.
Lighten up, Francis.

While this board isn't an English teacher's paradise, it's better than most. If you're going to play Grammar Lad, at least have the common courtesy to keep sentence fragments out of your posts that criticize the grammar of others.

In case you hadn't noticed, overreacting isn't the best course of action this game. Or...maybe you DID notice it, and are counting on us to interpret it as another pro-town player going a bit bonkers.

Hmmm.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by The Goat »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:If you're seriously overanalyzing my "donkey punch" comment, you obviously deserve less respect than I had initially intended to give to you.
If this is directed toward me, I could quite sincerely give a rat's ass about who you feel deserves respect. Your behavior is not only unacceptable, but also creating a genuine diversion away from what we SHOULD be doing - hunting scum.

vote Kilroy

You need to go.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by The Goat »

sorry -
unvote, vote Kilroy
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by The Goat »

Xtoxm wrote:Hmm. I agree that those kinds of insults don't belong in the game.

vote Kilroy
Hi...in the interim, since you're around...could you explain in a little more detail why you decided Noah wasn't scum? (If I missed it, my apologies.)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:59 am

Post by The Goat »

unvote, kilroy

Suggesting that I "obviously don't actually read the English language at all" because I didn't peruse each of your posts in-depth is like suggesting I can't hear because I don't listen to Howard Stern for three hours a day.

Since you've apparently agreed to be a little more game-oriented with your content, I'm happy to get on with hunting scum. :)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:25 am

Post by The Goat »

IGMEOY - xtoxm.

Could you be a little more elaborate when you vote and unvote? You're starting to look a lot like overanxious scum following the crowd on and off bandwagons.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:38 am

Post by The Goat »

Xtoxm wrote:That's the only vote i've placed all game.
Thought you voted for Noah Hanson, as well...my apologies, then.

My point is that you were asked specifically why you didn't think NH was scum, and your basic reply was (paraphrased) "I've looked at his posts, and they seem pro town."

Then you jumped on the Kilroy train just minutes after I did, stating that the reason you were voting him was that insults like his didn't belong in the game.

Now you respond to my post almost
immediately
...you're clearly
around
, just not contributing much, and not giving a whole lot of reasoning behind your actions/suspicions/reasoning.

In short, you're freaking me out. Please be a little more verbose, because what you're doing doesn't give anyone much to go on.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:48 am

Post by The Goat »

Xtoxm wrote:Well, what do you want me to do?
Oh, I dunno...how about a little game analysis?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:31 am

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:
unvote

i hope you people are wrong in the worst way...
Us being wrong isn't nearly as unfortunate as you being wrong, and us lynching a cop. Letting scum live an extra day or two is far worse than losing a cop for the remainder of the game (particularly if there's only one cop). I find it a little...suspicious...that Kilroy was that combative with everyone as a cop, and that one of his investigations just so happened to be on a guy that ended up dead. However, these things have a way of working themselves out.

The fact that the above paragraph has to be STATED makes me really uneasy...but it's apparently necessary. Assuming there is a doctor, please take notice.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:33 am

Post by The Goat »

Er...make that "letting scum live an exra day or two is far BETTER than losing a cop for the remainder of the game."

I really need to lighten up on Friday nights. Sheesh.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:44 am

Post by The Goat »

noah hanson wrote:you know you're right goat i guess in the end i'll just follow all of you guys around and just go with the flow....
Not chastizing you, bud...that was more of a not-so-subtle signal flare for the doctor, whomever he or she is. Truth be told, my gut says that Kilroy is lying...and I'd bet a lot of people feel the same way. However, following our gut and being WRONG would be disastrous...so we kinda have to wait it out.

Independent thought is essential to the game. By the way, this past page put someone else smack dab in the middle of my radar.

vote JDGA
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:24 am

Post by The Goat »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:
noah hanson wrote:not once have i asked for anyone's sympathy you rank amateur.
Not everyone goes begging for attention before they kill themselves, but more often than not, that's what they want. The lesson to be learned here is two-fold: 1. People lie, and 2. There is such a thing as lying through omission. I look forward to having your counterpart show up and not suck, even though I'm going to press that guy's lynch, too, because he's being set up in a terrible position.

I give you one point, though: I expected you to counter-claim me just to ruin my experience of the game. Either you're not smart enough to do so, or there is a shred of decency in you.

I'm leaning towards the former.
Hey...teach?

As a side note to your "lesson," begging and baiting for a counterclaim positively reeks of scumminess.

I'm just sayin'.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by The Goat »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:I hope that has been able to clarify. And, The Goat? Don't be so upset that my plan is working flawlessly, and anyone with half a brain can see that I'm becoming more and more confirmed. Your futile attempts to discredit my claim are just that - futile. But if you're having fun, then hey - who am I to stop you?
For someone who takes such pride in his logic and grammar, your reading comprehension is surprisingly inadequate.

Stating that my gut told me you were lying and trying to discredit you are two completely different things. In fact, I not only stated you WEREN'T the play, but also was making sure that the (presumed) Doctor knew that they should protect you tonight.

Regarding your "plan working flawlessly" I can only assume your plan is to basically piss everyone off and turn the town against you. If that is indeed the case, you're doing a bang-up job. Otherwise, I really don't know what you're yammering about, and I certainly can't figure out what you're trying to accomplish.

Additionally, your logic regarding a cop counterclaim is flawed; it's only win/win for the town short term. If you ARE scum, and a cop counterclaims, then...sure, a doc could protect him/her tonight. You die, but your scumbuddies now know who the cop is. If the doc eats it (or is forcecd to claim), then the town is screwed. It's a very risky play this early in the game. For such a "smart" player, I'm surprised that escaped you.

Then again, a "smart" Cop wouldn't have been as abrasive as you in the first place. Both the paragraph and the sentence previous to this one are what make me think you're scum.

But, like I said, you're not the play today. Your Cop claim is perfectly credible. I just think you suck at this game, regardless of your alignment.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by The Goat »

Xtoxm wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
Prodding andersonw, bigbenwd, MafiaSSK, Pyaar, Wizardcat and Xtoxm.

Wizardcat has 48 hours to post or he will be replaced despite the fact that he keeps responding to prods.
Didn't pick up any prod, you sure you sent it? I'm deft here.
Same here, I received no prod. and mor einfo on my ssupects will be in my next post.
Just to point out, this was SSK's last post.
HEL-lo. That looked dirtier than hell.

"Well...yeah...I'm just going to refute everything by saying 'I refute everyt..HEY, LOOKY! THIS GUY IS CONTRIBUTING LESS THAN ME! LET'S DIVERT OUR ATTENTION! LOOK OVER HERE! BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT! LOUD NOISES!"

vote Xtoxm
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:33 am

Post by The Goat »

Apparently Werebear attracted a LOT of attention.

Wateing in antisipashun for Kilroy to educmicate us.

(There. That ought to get him motivated.)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:13 am

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:Or I expected a roleblocker when the cop wasn't killed.

OR?

Whoa. Okay...I was actually
agreeing
with you up until this point. I was all ready to vote for Tarlindhur for jumping all over you - it's not THAT far of a stretch for you to expect a roleblocker. However, this post stunk to high heaven.

You're not giving us
options
to choose from, here. Either you thought there was a roleblocker because of the size of the game, or you expected there to be one when Kilroy wasn't killed. Which is it? This looks suspiciouosly like you trying to wiggle out of an earlier statement by giving us choices as to why you thought there was a roleblocker...hoping we'll formulate something reasonable for you.

So, our options are apparently:

1) MattS thought there was a roleblocker because of the size of the game
2) MattS thought there was a roleblocker because Kilroy wasn't killed
3) MattS KNOWS there's a roleblocker because he's scum

I do not think that #2 makes ANY sense. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Kilroy wasn't killed because scum thought he'd be protected by a doc, and instead attacked Werebear in hopes he
was
a doc.

That leaves options 1 and 3...I'm going with 3 until you elucidate further.

vote MattS
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 am

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:The size of the game made me think there's a roleblocker, and the fact that Kilroy's still alive pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Of course I'm working on the assumption that a mod wouldn't put a cop and doc in the game without a roleblocker, assuming the old newbie setup was as broken as I've heard. If Kilroy had turned up dead, then I'd say, "Hey, there's no roleblocker. What are the odds?" But he was alive, so I though, "I knew it! There's a roleblocker!" You can try and twist my logic all you want, but it's hardly a stretch of logic for the mafia to kill the cop when they can't roleblock him. Again, assuming this game isn't already broken. Are you trying to tell me otherwise?
No, I'm not trying to suggest the game is broken. Now who's trying to twist logic?

What set me off was that you DIDN'T originally say, "The size of the game made me think there's a roleblocker, and the fact that Kilroy's still alive pretty much confirmed my suspicions." Your responses were basically limited to the size of the game as a justification for your logic (which was perfectly sound)...and then all of a sudden you added (paraphrased), "Or maybe the fact that Kilroy wasn't killed was what made me think there was a roleblocker." It just seemed as though you were getting a little antsy under pressure.

Additionally, I
still
don't see how Kilroy not being killed makes it any more or less likely for there to be a roleblocker. Can someone explain what I'm missing?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:
The Goat wrote:No, I'm not trying to suggest the game is broken. Now who's trying to twist logic?
Not only was my question rhetorical(unless you want to claim scum with no roleblocker), but also the idea was to get you to drop the subject. I don't feel that I have to explain why a roleblocker is likely, but I will because I want to move on.
The Goat wrote:What set me off was that you DIDN'T originally say, "The size of the game made me think there's a roleblocker, and the fact that Kilroy's still alive pretty much confirmed my suspicions." Your responses were basically limited to the size of the game as a justification for your logic (which was perfectly sound)...and then all of a sudden you added (paraphrased), "Or maybe the fact that Kilroy wasn't killed was what made me think there was a roleblocker." It just seemed as though you were getting a little antsy under pressure.

Additionally, I
still
don't see how Kilroy not being killed makes it any more or less likely for there to be a roleblocker. Can someone explain what I'm missing?
Unless someone is going to try and debate that a doc and cop without a roleblocker is broken, I think that part is a safe assumption. Now, let's assume that the mafia knows this. They also know directly whether they have a roleblocker. If they don't, then they could assume there's no doctor. Thus they kill Kilroy thinking it would probably succeed, in addition to that being the only way to shut him down. If they do have a roleblocker, then they know there could be a doctor. Thus they roleblock the cop so as not to risk the kill being blocked if there is a doctor, as well as potentially getting shots at other power roles.

I originally didn't want to bring Kilroy up because I expected the WIFOM option of "mafia doesn't block cop to get town to mistrust cop" to be mentioned. And I didn't think I'd even have to bother bringing Kilroy up to defend myself. Apparently you thought so too. But Tarhalindur didn't think it was enough. So I'd appreciate it if you didn't attack me for bringing in new evidence when my old evidence wasn't enough.
That was a well thought-out and comprehensive reply to my question. Thank you. To be honest, I was completely unaware that the "cop and doc without a roleblocker game being broken" was such a hot topic of discussion. It makes sense, though.

HOWEVER...

You can clearly see WHY I found your "bringing in new evidence" a little suspicious...so don't get all jammed up when I call you on it. I'd like to kill some scum today, so I'm gonna flesh some things out if I find them suspicious. ;)

That being said...

unvote, vote Tarhalindur
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:
The Goat wrote:That was a well thought-out and comprehensive reply to my question. Thank you. To be honest, I was completely unaware that the "cop and doc without a roleblocker game being broken" was such a hot topic of discussion. It makes sense, though.

HOWEVER...

You can clearly see WHY I found your "bringing in new evidence" a little suspicious...so don't get all jammed up when I call you on it. I'd like to kill some scum today, so I'm gonna flesh some things out if I find them suspicious. ;)

That being said...

unvote, vote Tarhalindur
I wouldn't exactly call it a hot topic, but I personally have strong feelings about it, and I know some others do. I do understand why you could have been suspicious, but I don't agree with attacking me, who you agreed with, for defending odd suspicions in odd ways. Now then, are you voting Tarhalindur just for attacking me?
Short answer: Yes. If you read my posts, you'll understand why. If you feel I need to expound further, I will. But not tonight. It's Thirsty Friday, after all.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:
Peers wrote:
The Goat wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
The Goat wrote:
That being said...

unvote, vote Tarhalindur
Now then, are you voting Tarhalindur just for attacking me?
Short answer: Yes. If you read my posts, you'll understand why. If you feel I need to expound further, I will. But not tonight.
I'd prefer to hear why you voted for Tar instead of the other people attacking Matt.
I think I'd like to hear this as well.
Because he's the one that initially suggested that your assumption that a roleblocker existed was a slip-up instead of a reasonable deduction, and he's the one voting for you.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by The Goat »

Responding to prod; I don't think much of substance has ocurred since my last post, but I'll double-check.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by The Goat »

killa seven wrote:someone fill me in
Killa, if you would be so kind, please read and post some game analysis. I'd like to be able to get some sort of read on you.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by The Goat »

JDGA wrote:And one more thing:

@The Goat:

Happy scumday to you,
Happy scumday to you,
Happy scumday to you,
Happy scumday to you!
Woohoo!

Didn't even realize. Two years on mafia!
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 am

Post by The Goat »

I'm gonna look at the case against JDGA, but
vote killa seven
until he at least responds to me.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by The Goat »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Korts wrote:I wouldn't say that's such a damning quote, OGML.
When JDGA cardflips scum, I will also bring in further evidence illustrating the connection between him and The Goat.
Believe it or not, if JDGA gets lynched and DOES turn up scum, I actually look forward to this.

OGML, I'm not trying to derail a train. I will often vote for players who have been directly asked to contribute and do not...especially if I'm the one doing the asking. I did it yesterday with Xtoxm, specifically pointing out that I was voting for him in order to get him to contribute more.

I said I'll take a look at why everyone is voting JDGA, and I
will
- but I'm not going to blindly follow people onto a train just because you say so. You're going to have to pardon me while I pursue a tangent.

There's a specific reason I'd like to hear Killa's thoughts on the game.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:10 am

Post by The Goat »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not against pressure on killa, but there are approximately four active people in this game right now and there's only so much we can get done. This is why I'm advocating keeping all the pressure on JDGA.

If its not clear from my statement when I quoted him, I was making note of The Goat's actions in steering away from JDGA to the next easiest target (and the most recent popular bandwagon), not the fact that he's after killa in particular. I agree that noah was scummy and killa hasn't been helpful, but having played with him before I don't see this behavior from k7 as being in any way indicative of his alignment. If you're that interested in going after him take a minute to read some from his other games, he acts like this all the time.
*sigh*

I'm not
after
killa in particular. I'd like to be able to get more of a read on him because the guy who was loudest about "not forgetting about noah" yesterday...ended up dead.

Of course, that line of thought ends up in a WIFOM-type conundrum. That's why I wanted to flesh it out a little with more than single-sentence posts from killa before the day ended.

Happy?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 am

Post by The Goat »

killa seven wrote:ok i read a few pages, and jdga does seem like he best lynch, hes all over the place, tryna 2 lynch a claimed cop (kilroy) then atacking tar for defending him. im comfortable lynching him.
vote jdga
Ya know....I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting, but this post did NOT make me feel any better about you.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 am

Post by The Goat »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:Yeah, noah observed rules of grammar and syntax every once in a while, TEN. So offensive.

killa seven is a great place to start tomorrow, regardless of JDGA's alignment.
I can certainly agree with the second sentence.

JDGA, let's hear it.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:39 am

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:This is all an interesting turn of events. However, I think my best option is still to
Vote OhGodMyLife
Can you unpack this a little?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Matt_S wrote:I want to see if his stance against JDGA is still as selfdestructive as he claimed yesterday. And his stance yesterday on you and JDGA being buddies just irks me.
The former is still up in the air pending what JDGA has to say today. The latter is more than a little vague, and definitely making excuses for not having actual reasoning.

You're probably just irked because your scumbuddy Korts died before he could NK me last night though, so I guess I can't blame you for grasping at straws like that.

Skitzer I can all but assure you that kilroy is the cop regardless of his hyperbolic statement about "all the mafia" taking it like men.
I normally enjoy it when people baselessly accuse each other of being scum, but you're just trying to justify wanting to kill someone by attacking me. It's kind of sad. You're probably just looking to get JDGA lynched as town so you can move past bussing your buddy The Goat. See, it doesn't feel good now does it? If you have any actual case to build against me, please do so. Otherwise don't act like it's innocent to want to kill someone who you think is the doc.
Am I the ONLY pro-town player left? Just checkin'... ;)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by The Goat »

I'm really starting to feel like this is something that can be said to a different player each day, but...

Skitzer: Your stance is either scummy or extremely bad. Please clarify which camp you're in so I can move on, because your FOS-ing "bordering on a vote" of Kilroy is creating a mental block of sorts for me. I keep staring at it, thinking, "What the HELL is he doing?"
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by The Goat »

OGML, I think that a few of your points were a little over the top, but the rolefishing positively stunk to high heaven.

vote Serous
- that's L-2...
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by The Goat »

Serous wrote:My post count is pretty low for the past few days, so me getting bandwagoned is no surprise. Anyway, my claim is jailkeeper.
*blank stare*

I find it really interesting that you phrased that "My claim is jailkeeper" rather than "I'm the jailkeeper."
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 am

Post by The Goat »

I'm not entirely sure a massclaim is quite the way to go yet, although I think my reasoning WHY might be out the window. OGML...please be careful what you say/type. If I can make a reasonable guess at what you're doing, I'd imagine anyone else can, too.

If my thinking is wrong, and a massclaim is the concensus, I'll happily go along with it.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #53) » Fri May 02, 2008 12:57 am

Post by The Goat »

Hey...TEN?

Why is it you make exactly one post in the course of a week, (and it's a non-contributing joke post), but when Killa v.2 insults you, you pop up within 20 minutes?

I'm as guilty as you for the non-contributing part...but the timing of your appearance is interesting, to say the least.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #54) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:I can't help but notice that The Goat, The Eternal Newb, and killa seven have posted without voting for skitzerscum. And welcome, Cream147.
While I'd normally suggest you're pushing this train a little hard, nothing else much has popped up (part of that is my fault for lack of participation, I suppose. Sorry about that.)

In case you haven't noticed, I don't vote for people just because all the cool kids are doing it, unless there's incontrovertible evidence that I should be doing so. I like to develop my own ideas. :)

Skitzer - was post 928 intended to be humorous or not?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #55) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by The Goat »

We all claiming, then?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #56) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by The Goat »

I'll claim as soon as we get the replacement (unless it becomes ridiculously delayed).

I also support OGML going LAST with his claim...if he does what I'm guessing he does, I can even wait until tomorrow for it.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #57) » Mon May 12, 2008 12:55 am

Post by The Goat »

I'm personally waiting for Peers to claim...if we do the massclaim in this manner, it might take awhile. Is this the best way?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #58) » Mon May 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by The Goat »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Peers wrote:Clarifying my claim: One-shot vig. I had one shot, I made it count, and I don't care who knows it 'cause now that my shot is used up... well, NKing me keeps the power roles alive for another night. C'mon, kill me tonight. Dare ya.
Why do people keep wanting peers to claim? Did anybody read the thread yesterday?
Sorry; Pyaar.

It was
definitely
a P word.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #59) » Mon May 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by The Goat »

The Eternal Newb wrote:I find it interesting that Skitzer, who is generally regarded as the SK, if I'm understanding the sentiment correctly, and The Goat both didn't notice that Peers already claimed.

Don't know if it means anything, but it's certainly interesting.
It means that I meant Pyaar, but typed Peers. That's pretty much it.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #60) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by The Goat »

springlullaby wrote:Forgot, The Goat, claim please.
Vanilla Townie.

Cream147 can go next.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (isolation #61) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by The Goat »

Nicely done, OGML. Narrowed the field down a bit.

vote skitzer

Hopefully we'll take away a night kill here.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #62) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:
The Goat wrote:Noah...answer me one thing.

What sort of "proof" are you seeking that would make it "acceptable" to vote you? You state thaqt nobody has "proof" against you.

There isn't PROOF against anyone. This is a game where voting is generally done through suspicion for the first few days.
Through your logic, there's no justification for voting for ANYONE, because there isn't proof on anyone.
Interesting stuff on Goat. Sounds like bad wagon pushing, also wary of his vote on Matt Henson later D2. Sounds like sparking the wagon. I also don't like his unvote right after Matt contributes either, then just FOS's him again. His vote then hops again and again. Then votes kilroy.

Kilroy is prob town, just not being the best at it. Lots of flaming and what not on obv lynch targets indicates he's doing only cursory reading.

Pretty sure this is pro-town SL as well.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Sudden mind connection between Korts & Kilroy? DO NOT LIKE.
That whole thing was interesting. Not sure if it meant anything, it just was.

Matt_S has a habit of FOSing onto wagons.

21 pages in, just posting to keep my notes in thread.
That's pretty much what I do - I'll vote someone if I feel they're intentionally ignoring a question or NOT participating, specifically to get them to answer questions or participate. You'll notice that I do it throughout games; I'm a big believer that the more a person participates, the better a read I can get on them.

I'm not the play, bot I agree the lynch should come from OGML's "Who Knows?" list:

Who knows?

Skitzer
andersonw
The Goat
The Eternal Newb (MARK 2)
killa seven (MARK 2)
springlullaby

I'm gonna do a reread before voting.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (isolation #63) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:Process of elim more or less. I think SL is town based on play, you are process of elimed from our, I'm confirmed town, Goat is prob SK. Really, its one of K7 or TSN. I just said K7 arbitrarily of the 2, but in retrospect TSN is prob better as he was on the mislynch yesterday and ran the old "Oh wait, that was L-1?"
Fairly certain that if I were the SK...you wouldn't have survived last night. (I know that opens up a WIFOM argument...but I simply haven't been paying as much attention as I should. I apologize for the last couple days; I really haven't contributed much. I'm working straight through this weekend, but I'll post something coherent ASAP.

If there is indeed a 2 man mafia, I don't think we can miss today. What really concerns me is the possibility of one off the "non-RB/SK people being a mafia goon. If that is the case, I think we're screwed.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (isolation #64) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by The Goat »

killa seven wrote:assuming this is true my money is on goat then, since we are talkin about clingin to roles my role has been abandond twice, goat been around since the begining i think, and his posting has dropped alot lately
Again...very busy. Also moderately drunk. Will post more SOON. I am a vanilla townie, but of course anyone other than vanilla townie would probably say the exact same thing at this point, so...

:shrug:

What really sucks is that I'm hideously concerned that MattS is a mafia goon...but statistically, he's not the play.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (isolation #65) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by The Goat »

killa seven wrote:ive narrowed it down to..
goat = RB
spring = SK
matt = goon (if there is a goon)

the goat not defending himself is getting frustrating when armlx accused him of being the sk he barely defended just saying "trust me i would have killed you" and his
responce to thre rb accusation
was pathetic, come on now ive re read the game, goat was really active and now hes ghost. same with spring but he gives me sk vibes.
Well HI there.

I said the following:

1) I was working all weekend.
2) I would post more SOON. I said that on SATURDAY.

Now...I respect your desire for me to defend myself. HOWEVER...please show me my response to being accused of being a roleblocker. Not only do I not recall responding to any such response, I don't even recall anyone other than you even suggesting I might BE a RB...and you suggested it immediately before the quoted post. How that qualifies as a "pathetic defense" is beyond me. It reeks of a really lousy and desperate attempt to start get a train going.

Now...as to my "defense" - I don't really have one other than "I'm a vanilla townie." While I'd love to make something up that's more exciting, it wouldn't be helpful or truthful (although it will apparently give armix more to talk about as an unnecessary affirmation.)

My semi-humble opinion is as follows:

MattS: Goon
killa: RB
Springlullaby: SK

vote killa seven
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (isolation #66) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by The Goat »

er....that was supposed to be "responding to any such accusation."
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #67) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by The Goat »

Cephrir wrote:
Vote Count:

The Goat 3 (killa seven, TheSweatpantsNinja, armlx)

killa seven 1 (The Goat)

Not Voting 2 (Matt_S, springlullaby)

4 to lynch.
If you're waiting for something spectacular at this point, you're going to be disappointed. I strongly suspect that this mislynch (read: me) equals a very bad ending for the town.

Specifically, I'm unclear as to why Armix is suddenly so convinced there's no goon - is there a role that could kill AND block at night? I don't think so - I'm pretty sure that killing me equals 2 mafia, 2 town, and 1 SK goi ng into night, and two kills this evening equals a loss for the town or at best...a stalemate.

(Also, I don't see how lynching the SK is a bad thing, but maybe I'm just not getting it.)

Anyway - I enjoyed playing the game. Carry on.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #68) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:Goat, kill + block seems standard enough.

Also, Goon + RB = town loses off SK lynch.

3/2/1 -> 3/2 going into night....

I think Awkwardo would have something to say about that.
Ahhhh...I see.

What incentive would the SK have to favor one side over the other, though? He clearly wouldn't win by claiming....
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #69) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by The Goat »

....and...looking at your equation....

...if there IS a two man mafia...they're both on ME right now.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #70) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by The Goat »

(Nevermind. If I were half of the two-man mafia, the other mafiate could be not voting, hoping for the vote to swing. No mental filter working at present.)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (isolation #71) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:SK has incentive to favor the town as they town A) can doubt and mislynch each other, the mafia can not and B) the town don't have an RB and C) the town don't have a night kill.

Also, you not being dead can be explained by SL being mafia (doubt it) or you being scum (don't doubt it). Also TSN and myself are cleared, so 3-2 = 1. 1 < 2. Can't be both mafia on you.
Yeah - forgot about TSN.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (isolation #72) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:Goat, this is why a Matt_S you scum group is so easy to see right now.
:blank look:
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #73) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:
armlx wrote:Goat, this is why a Matt_S you scum group is so easy to see right now.
So I'm supposed to be scum with him because I think he's the serial killer?
And I think you're the mafia goon. Assuming there is one.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (isolation #74) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by The Goat »

Hold on a freakin' second....

Armix - please be kind enough to unvote momentarily. You can certainly revote after I'm done rambling.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (isolation #75) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by The Goat »

Let me get this straight...

...an unconfirmed TSN was semiconfirmed by ANOTHER unconfirmed player (springlullaby) through metagaming...in another game they were playing together?
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #76) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:Its beyond metagame, into the territory of andersonw should have been mod killed in the other game for saying what he did.
That's not what concerns me. What concerns me is that game started AFTER this one.

(What if they were both scum in both games?_
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (isolation #77) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:Goat has also done NOTHING to make me think he is an SK during the course of this wagon, and that was more or less his out.

Vote The Goat

Moving along.
I was actually hoping you'd move in a different direction. I am the serial killer.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (isolation #78) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by The Goat »

armlx wrote:
Unvote

I don't know if I believe you, but I'll consider it.
I could quite sincerely give a rat's ass if you do or don't. :)

It basically postpones my death by a day at best.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (isolation #79) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by The Goat »

killa seven wrote:goat who do u plan on killing tonight
LOL

If I could vote you harder, I would.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by The Goat »

There are three votes on you.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #81) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by The Goat »

By the way, I think I played this role about as well as I could - my biggest regret is not killing OGML when I originally considereed it...I killed Werebear instead.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #82) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:14 am

Post by The Goat »

Matt_S wrote:Dangit, I need to stop being crazy.

If there was a goon, then springlullaby would have blocked The Goat. Considering that The Goat shot springlullaby, I'd say that springlullaby shot instead of blocking. This wouldn't happen if there was a goon. So lynching The Goat is my choice again.

Any defense, The Goat?
Well, for one thing, I can't be roleblocked. (The other is that I show up as innocent to cop investigations - but that's kinda irrelevant at this point)

vote TSN

I suspect this is going to be a choice between a serial killer and mafia, Matt.

Hey - at least I didn't lie.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (isolation #83) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:17 am

Post by The Goat »

(Also - I suspect that whomever made the suggestion about me not being able to be NK saved my ass. It's not true, but I figured shutting the hell up was the way to go.)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (isolation #84) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by The Goat »

springlullaby wrote::P Lol wanted to give town just a little fright before they discover their win.

The Goat, why did you ever choose to kill me?! The moment you claimed scum you should have aimed at town, I didn't even try to block you last night, and if we had both killed town, we would have had a tie scum win.

Good job town, I think we scum tried to outsmart you guys too much, I'll remember to kill the cop as soon as possible in my next games if I'm scum.
Maybe I should have defended my partners a little more, it felt quite solitary after hammering skitzer. Though korts bussing me earlier that day seems to have worked pretty good.

Also, I have to say, the andersonw thing I used only with gaining brownie points with town in mind, I realize only after posting it that it was ethically quite bad since I was scum, and that it could look like as if I was trying to get a townie modkilled for rulebreaking. It wasn't my intention, and I PMed Cephir afterward explaining that and to ask if he was ok with it, or I would have resigned from the game.

Anyway, good game all :)
I only won if I was one of the last two alive - I was genuinely convinced that TSN was scum.

If you're gonna be a bear...be a grizzly. ;)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (isolation #85) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 am

Post by The Goat »

Cephrir wrote:-Imat died protecting bigbenwd.
-Yes, spring could kill and block at the same time.
-I tried to make it hard to play follow-the-cop in this game, as Kilroy couldn't detect Serous, Tarhalindur or The Goat, but OGML was good so that kinda happened anyway.
-I see Day 8 as a battle against paranoia. If you nolynched, I would have listed paranoia as having won in the last post.
-I'm happy the mafia didn't win. Serous and skitzer completely selfdestructed, and spring kinda lurked. I was hoping on an inside chance Tar might get far though.
-For some reason, spring kept blocking armlx rather than The Goat. On the Night spring died, he could have blocked The Goat to all but instantly win, and at least assure a scum victory.
- I was rooting for The Goat all the way. He was immune to Kilroy, but that was all he had and I think he played a tough role pretty well. He got a bit screwed by people getting confirmed.
-Tar, did you actually tell K7 what he said you told him? If so and it was while he was alive, you're both going on my personal blacklist. If it was just after he died the first time, just he will for not telling me this was the case.
- I'm a bit PO'd at the people who left because of Kilroy. Grow some thicker skin, people. To those of you who didn't, thanks.
- Also, thanks to all the replacements as well as everyone who stuck it out the whole time!

I took this down before because I wanted to let everyone talk before I told everyone everything.

Night choices are forthcoming.

Aww, shucks. Thanks for a good game, Cephrir.

For what it's worth, my second child was born six minutes before this post. Good times.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #86) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 am

Post by The Goat »

....er...six minutes before the post I quoted, of course. Not six minutes before NOW. I'd still be in scrubs and stuff.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”