Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Antithesis
Antithesis
Goon
Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Antithesis »

Incognito wrote:
Nemesis and Antithesis, I've liked your contributions to the game so far but I've noticed that neither of you are currently voting. Where do your suspicions lie at this point in the game?
I am suspicious of everyone. :D

Aside from that, there is one person in particular I am watching at the moment, but I'd rather not say their name, at least, just yet.
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it."

Thomas Paine
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:16 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nemesis wrote:That reminds me. BM is probably going to get vigged soon. Why are we lynching him now?
QFT

I dont know anymore if I believe the BM claim or not, but lynching him today is a waste of a lynch (today anyway).

I think Nano should go today..he has posted 3 times today. One post he explains why he is not posting, one post was attacking lurkers (while he lurks), and the other is laying a the ground work for a lynch tomorrow.

This is a typical scum manuver..this is the lynch today (as far as I can see) for he is by far the scummiest day 1.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:48 am

Post by andersonw »

Charity wrote: I voted for Battle Mage before but decided to unvote because people were like keeping their votes. There's only suspicions and I don't know how to figure out scum or not. I just need more practice I guess. I would like people to try to convince me to vote for a certain person.
It's been 16 pages. You should have at least some suspicions by now. Also, I think it's okay to vote someone whom you only have a suspicion of since L-13 really isn't that bad, or you could just use an FoS.
Asking someone to make you vote for a certain person is not a good idea, because that person might be mafia.
Just a note, your post seems very scummy to me.

Also, I agree with Nemesis about BM getting vigged, although Nemesis stated the exact same thing on post 326 and we're still talking about BM :roll:
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Khelvaster »

For the love of god, please, nobody vig BM.

Maybe later in the game, vig him. Right now, he is a contributing, pro-town player. He's almost confirmed himself as town by claiming miller straight-off. I hope the vig kills off someone who is suspicious and not contributing instead.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Khelvaster wrote:For the love of god, please, nobody vig BM.

Maybe later in the game, vig him. Right now, he is a contributing, pro-town player. He's almost confirmed himself as town by claiming miller straight-off. I hope the vig kills off someone who is suspicious and not contributing instead.
qft. id like to see the vig used as a second lynch rather than a tool to weed out controversial, but unscummy players.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:12 am

Post by armlx »

367 reworded:

The issue is regardless of BM being pro-town, mafia, whether we do/don't trust him, it all ends the same: his lynch. If we trust him now his lynch ends as a WIFOM choice, which could be awkward.

So, show of hands: Who thinks BM needs to be lynched, not necessarily today, but before the end game approaches.

BTW
FOS Incognito
. Just to make it easier to see on later review.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Armlx, can you not read. Ive already pointed out why such a discussion now only benefits the mafia, as it allows and encourages them to invoke such a WIFOM situation. I dont see why you are still pushing this.
FoS: Armlx
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:24 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:Armlx, can you not read. Ive already pointed out why such a discussion now only benefits the mafia, as it allows and encourages them to invoke such a WIFOM situation. I dont see why you are still pushing this.
I'm actually fairly sure you haven't posted anything about that. Please link/quote/give post #.

If anything, my discussion is eliminating the WIFOM by dealing with it before it becomes a series of WIFOMs within WIFOMs. I'm even presenting the correct solution to said WIFOM.

All in all, this post borders on "Stop saying bad things about me or I'll OMGUS you".
GSGold
GSGold
Townie
GSGold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:57 am

Post by GSGold »

armlx wrote:So, show of hands: Who thinks BM needs to be lynched, not necessarily today, but before the end game approaches.
He's probably
going
to be killed, due to his experience, but the fact you want him dead so intently is suspect, especially after his rational responses.
All in all, this post borders on "Stop saying bad things about me or I'll OMGUS you".
All of your posts seem to be leaning towards "let's hurry up and kill BM somehow". I agree with Khelvaster, BM has been a contributing, pro-town player, and you seem completely persistent in attempts to get him killed.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:04 am

Post by armlx »

GSGold wrote:
armlx wrote:So, show of hands: Who thinks BM needs to be lynched, not necessarily today, but before the end game approaches.
He's probably
going
to be killed, due to his experience, but the fact you want him dead so intently is suspect, especially after his rational responses.
All of your posts seem to be leaning towards "let's hurry up and kill BM somehow". I agree with Khelvaster, BM has been a contributing, pro-town player, and you seem completely persistent in attempts to get him killed.
Again, I stated why he won't be killed last page. Please check that out before saying that.

Also, I believe you are putting words in my mouth. While I will not deny being a proponent of "Lets kill BM somehow", my stance is completely lacking in the "hurry up and do it" department. All I want is a town agreement he can not live beyond day 7ish (depending on how close to lynch or lose that is) so that the potential threat is nipped in the bud.

Also, I agree he has been contributing, however whether his contributions have been pro-town is where we disagree. If BM hadn't been so scummy after his claim, its very, very likely I would not be voting him. However, outside of his claim, he is either the 1st or second scummiest person, and when compounded with the claim.....
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Imat »

Armix, you are beginning to look Scummy again. The minute the pressure leaves you you attack BM with all you've got. However, unlike last time, I won't jump to your vote right away. I'll keep watching people's responses and see what happens. However,

Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Incognito »

armlx, I really don't see why you continue to FoS me or rank me so high on your suspicion list. I've already explained the motivation behind my thenextepisode vote in this post: Post 310. If you have a look at his contribution pre-vote, you'll see his ppd in-thread was around 0.22 ppd. In between the time of my vote and subsequent unvote, his ppd shot up to 2.0 ppd. And now that I've unvoted, he has yet to contribute again. Do you really feel that a player like that doesn't deserve some pressure?

Also, thanks for responding to my question. But looking at this post:
armlx wrote:As for why he won't die, lets assume BM is town. Why would scum kill someone that the town will always doubt at least a little bit? He wouldn't die as scum either, as every scum group would think the same thing. More or less, either way he lives unless the town decides he should die, whether it be vig or lynch.
Did the mod mention anything about there being more than one scum group? How do you know that there is more than one? This is yet another instance where you seem to have some additional information that I wouldn't expect town to have.
Charity wrote:I voted for Battle Mage before but decided to unvote because people were like keeping their votes. There's only suspicions and I don't know how to figure out scum or not. I just need more practice I guess. I would like people to try to convince me to vote for a certain person.
Charity, how many games of Mafia have you played prior to this one? As far as figuring out scum, town should try to keep the discussion going thereby prolonging the days to gather good amounts of information about players' relationships and vote patterns. Looking for inconsistencies and irregularities in people's play has a tendency to help to track down scum as well or looking for areas where players have lied. There is no universal scumtell but to sit back and wait for people to convince you to vote for a certain player isn't exactly pro-town behavior.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:45 am

Post by armlx »

Incognito: Don't buy your reasoning. Simple as that.

As for multiple scum groups, we have been over this. There were 3 kills last night. Even with a dumb vig, there's 2 kills. That means there are at least 2 anti-town killing groups.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

As I've said before, BM is nice to leave alone because scum tend to tunnel vision BM lynches to get an easy d1 lynch. Thus, we shouldn't lynch BM. We should lynch armlx.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by armlx »

Khelvaster wrote:As I've said before, BM is nice to leave alone because scum tend to tunnel vision BM lynches to get an easy d1 lynch.
Cite examples, please.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:Incognito: Sorry, I didn't see that due to my simul post. I thought it was already there and I had read it already when checking the thread later.

What I mean is if the town came to an understanding that BM should not be allowed to live to the end game (as it just leads to really awkward scenarios any way you look at it) I would be willing to go after other people.

As for why he won't die, lets assume BM is town. Why would scum kill someone that the town will always doubt at least a little bit? He wouldn't die as scum either, as every scum group would think the same thing.
You are being hypocritical here. On the one hand, you say that i will live to endgame because people doubt me, and yet, it is you making this mistake, not everyone else. You are CAUSING the problems that you are so worried about. Odds on i wont survive till endgame anyway, as one of the more experienced players, i may get NKed despite my claim. But if i do, be glad because i might be the difference between victory and defeat.
Armlx wrote: BM:

I'm not just condemning you for the Nemesis thing. You also followed oEJo's terrible logic bandwagon, as did Incognito. Notice who my top 3 scummy people are? Yeah, you 3.
Ah good, we appear to be getting somewhere. Please can you link me to this, or explain more fully?

BM
Armlx- here's that post you wanted. Tip number 1 for future games as scum-dont tell lies that are so easily traceable. :roll:
Your logic is absolutely terrible btw. I suspect we'll be having words at the end of the game.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:50 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:Incognito: Sorry, I didn't see that due to my simul post. I thought it was already there and I had read it already when checking the thread later.

What I mean is if the town came to an understanding that BM should not be allowed to live to the end game (as it just leads to really awkward scenarios any way you look at it) I would be willing to go after other people.

As for why he won't die, lets assume BM is town. Why would scum kill someone that the town will always doubt at least a little bit? He wouldn't die as scum either, as every scum group would think the same thing.
You are being hypocritical here. On the one hand, you say that i will live to endgame because people doubt me, and yet, it is you making this mistake, not everyone else. You are CAUSING the problems that you are so worried about. Odds on i wont survive till endgame anyway, as one of the more experienced players, i may get NKed despite my claim. But if i do, be glad because i might be the difference between victory and defeat.
Armlx wrote: BM:

I'm not just condemning you for the Nemesis thing. You also followed oEJo's terrible logic bandwagon, as did Incognito. Notice who my top 3 scummy people are? Yeah, you 3.
Ah good, we appear to be getting somewhere. Please can you link me to this, or explain more fully?

BM
Armlx- here's that post you wanted. Tip number 1 for future games as scum-dont tell lies that are so easily traceable. :roll:
Your logic is absolutely terrible btw. I suspect we'll be having words at the end of the game.

BM
Thank you for referencing that. I didn't remember that part of the post.

However, again, like I said, I am hardly causing the problems. I'm simply trying to resolve them before they occur.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Nope. You ARE causing them. Maybe if you thought objectively for a second before you spoke, you'd realise that in declaring your intention to lynch me before LyLo, and encouraging others to do the same, you make it more likely that the scum wont NK me, and instead, are more likely to hit our power roles. You want to see the WIFOM of my claim removed, yet it is because of you, and only you, that it probably isnt going to happen. Again, well done. :X
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:20 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:you make it more likely that the scum wont NK me, and instead, are more likely to hit our power roles.
Face palm. Logic 1, Me 0.

I still stand by the fact I'd rather get this sorted out before it becomes a series of WIFOMs (is this a gambit? If it was why didn't the scum kill him? etc.....) that becomes really awkward.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

its going to be WIFOM anyway. The only thing this will achieve is bring YOU into the discussion, as obviously any WIFOM concerning my death or lack of is now going to tie directly to you. Just stop this discussion now, and lets move on please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:32 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:its going to be WIFOM anyway. The only thing this will achieve is bring YOU into the discussion, as obviously any WIFOM concerning my death or lack of is now going to tie directly to you. Just stop this discussion now, and lets move on please.

BM
Fair enough. This discussion isn't going to be any more productive than it already has been. I still think your actions are scummy enough to justify a vote however.

However, onward in the name of progress.

Unvote, Vote Incognito

Opportunistic wagoning, barning strong player logic, etc. See my previous posts on him.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

ckd wrote: I dont know anymore if I believe the BM claim or not, but lynching him today is a waste of a lynch (today anyway).
I support this position on BM. I also don't think armlx is scum. I would not be opposed to a nano lynch, but then, as has already gotten me in trouble this game, I support lynching lurkers.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

armlx wrote:
Khelvaster wrote:As I've said before, BM is nice to leave alone because scum tend to tunnel vision BM lynches to get an easy d1 lynch.
Cite examples, please.
Battle Mage, could you help me out here? We have played a game together that wasn't Mafia on a Train. I forgot what it is, and I'm too lazy to go find it.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by killa seven »

Khelvaster wrote:. Right now, he is a contributing, pro-town player. He's almost confirmed himself as town by claiming miller straight-off.
eh not entirely true making miller vlaims doesnt mean you arent realy scum. btw i dont think hes scum i was just pointing that out
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

killa seven wrote:
Khelvaster wrote:. Right now, he is a contributing, pro-town player. He's almost confirmed himself as town by claiming miller straight-off.
eh not entirely true making miller vlaims doesnt mean you arent realy scum. btw i dont think hes scum i was just pointing that out
Killa Seven, you went ahead and ruined it. If we treated him like 100% town, I was hoping that the scum would NK him. As it is, he's a lynch canidate merely because of his claim, and he casts doubt on himself, so he'll probably live to the endgame if we don't lynch him. I think he's town, so I don't care, but I know that a lot of people doubt this.

Also, if we could lynch armlix, and he came up scum, we would see BM as practically confirmed, yet another reason for an armlix lynch (not to tunnel vision, but yeah...he's tunnel visioning BM...)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”