shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Um Near that looks like an ongoing. If it is please request Claus to take down the link.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Near wrote:
FOS = Shafted
for being the first to "know" TG will turn town and trying to blame me for it.
My comment was clearly based on the fact that you look like very obvscum with your posts following you vote. Nice try deflecting your actions there.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Near »

Yes it is. Is it against the rule to reference an ongoing game? if so, please take down the link.

Done
-- Claus
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by vollkan »

Another mislynch...and an absolutely atrocious hammer. The game Near linked us to is still on D1 - his own alignment has not been revealed. Suffice to say, his waiving of responsibility by effectively declaring loss of self-control is not sitting well with me at all.
Shaft.ed wrote: Ummm.. I have no idea how we are going to coordinate such a system. How about we all put in an age and then average the tallies of each players submissions? Maybe allow the most pro-town players to go last so that scum can't rig the system?
Good ideas. How do you intend on working out the ordering for submissions, though?
Near wrote: FOS = Shafted for being the first to "know" TG will turn town and trying to blame me for it.
*facepalm* Says the guy who hammered, then wished he could un-hammer.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by vollkan »

EBWOP: I see the fact that the game is ongoing has already been discussed.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

vollkan wrote:*facepalm* Says the guy who hammered, then wished he could un-hammer.
I really thought that would earn a headdesk.

I submit we use a popcorn system with the first person chosen by die roll and vollkan automatically going last since he's our confirmed townie.

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

If people do like my idea and allow for my dice roll going by the first page Pooky would then be represented by 4.

If you want a voting system for who lists first, I'd submit my support Near going first.

Also any freaking clue what the Ages will do?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by vollkan »

shaft.ed wrote: I really thought that would earn a headdesk.
I'm saving the *headdesk* for dramatic effect. The way Near is going, I am going to need it :D

I'd personally like Near to go first, and then popcorn starting with Pooky.
shaft.ed wrote: Also any freaking clue what the Ages will do?
I don't have any idea, and I am not prepared to speculate.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Claus »

Event Randomizer.

Original Roll String: 2d2-1 (STATIC)
2 2-Sided Dice: (2, 1)-1 = 2

And an extra info I forgot to add in the previous post: you are not allowed to say your own Real Life (tm) age during the discussion. Good thing the idea was not brought up yet, anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Claus wrote:Event Randomizer.

Original Roll String: 2d2-1 (STATIC)
2 2-Sided Dice: (2, 1)-1 = 2

And an extra info I forgot to add in the previous post: you are not allowed to say your own Real Life (tm) age during the discussion. Good thing the idea was not brought up yet, anyway.
What about profiles?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Doh NM
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by Near »

it's shafted.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by Near »

Everything lines up well, if shaft.ed is a mafia.

1. armlx says: ""One scum wont vote for the other even when he's digging his own grave, but tries to look suspicious of him to distance himself. How cute. " then votes for shaft.ed" Also associates Jive with shaft.ed, which makes this theory more believable because we think armlx was trying to lynch Jive along with shaft.ed, his scum partner.
2. Shaft.ed's famous post at 183. Really, don't you guys think it's more likely that shaft.ed made up the story for his failure to discern random adel's random bandwagon-ing AFTER he was accused?
3. the fact that armlx was so stubborn to accept shaft.ed's very persuasive post (at laest, everyone else thought so)
4. the fact that he foreshadowed TG turning town and used that to frame me. i doubt that a townie can say such a thing.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by vollkan »

Near wrote: 1. armlx says: ""One scum wont vote for the other even when he's digging his own grave, but tries to look suspicious of him to distance himself. How cute. " then votes for shaft.ed" Also associates Jive with shaft.ed, which makes this theory more believable because we think armlx was trying to lynch Jive along with shaft.ed, his scum partner.
This is valid.
Near wrote: 2. Shaft.ed's famous post at 183. Really, don't you guys think it's more likely that shaft.ed made up the story for his failure to discern random adel's random bandwagon-ing AFTER he was accused?
This is conspiratorial. I think it is possible he made it up, but that demonstrates nothing.
Near wrote: 3. the fact that armlx was so stubborn to accept shaft.ed's very persuasive post (at laest, everyone else thought so)
Also valid.
Near wrote: 4. the fact that he foreshadowed TG turning town and used that to frame me. i doubt that a townie can say such a thing.
I don't think this can be held against shaft.ed too much. You, near, declared your immediate loss of faith in the wagon.

Oh, and Near, could you please give your ages?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Near »

vollkan wrote: This is conspiratorial. I think it is possible he made it up, but that demonstrates nothing.
Well, if you think it's possible that he made it up, if he was a good doctor, wouldn't he be honest as to why he mistook adel's random bandwagon-ing? Instead (supposing he made this up after the fact), he fabricated a very logical case by case analysis on why he acted the way he did.
vollkan wrote: Oh, and Near, could you please give your ages?
Here are the possibilities of "twist" I came up with:

1. The oldest (or youngest person) gets to check out if someone is a scum
2. Divide into two teams of oldest group/youngest group. Maybe not likely tho, because we have odd number of people.

Probably 1 is more likely. We should put the people we think are good doctors in both extreme end of the age spectrum and put everyone else in the middle?
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by vollkan »

Near wrote:
vollkan wrote: This is conspiratorial. I think it is possible he made it up, but that demonstrates nothing.
Well, if you think it's possible that he made it up, if he was a good doctor, wouldn't he be honest as to why he mistook adel's random bandwagon-ing? Instead (supposing he made this up after the fact), he fabricated a very logical case by case analysis on why he acted the way he did.
You seem to miss my point, or maybe I have misunderstood you.

Shaft.ed attributed his conduct towards Adel as part of a professed scheme to determine her motivations. What I am saying is that it is quite plausible that scum-shaft.ed simply messed up in attacking Adel for her BWing and, in response, concoted the elaborate explanation he gave. However, there is no evidence in favour of that scenario - as far as I can see his testimony holds water.

As it stands, I see nothing to suggest shaft.ed was being dishonest.
vollkan wrote: Oh, and Near, could you please give your ages?
Here are the possibilities of "twist" I came up with:

1. The oldest (or youngest person) gets to check out if someone is a scum
2. Divide into two teams of oldest group/youngest group. Maybe not likely tho, because we have odd number of people.

Probably 1 is more likely. We should put the people we think are good doctors in both extreme end of the age spectrum and put everyone else in the middle?[/quote]

Near, you seem to have misunderstood me. I don't want to hear your conjecture about what the ages mean - I want you to give me the numbers you would pick for each person's age.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Near »

Ok, knowing that you are testing me, I will go along with you.

If everything was up to me:

Vollkan 15
Adel 20
Shaft.ed 25
CDK 30
Erg0 35
Pooky 40
Near 45

But I know people will not agree with that, so I propose:

CDK 15
Adel 20
Shafted 25
Ergo 35
Near 40
Vollkan 45

Could you guess my reasoning?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

I don't really understand the difference in your two lists outside of you putting the confirmed townie from the youngest to oldest position, and removing pooky from the game. It also seems odd that you would provide two lists. That would be a scum tell to me showing that you are doing something different than your desired play so as to look more townish, but scum generally don't come out and say it so clearly. Bit perplexing.

Also your case against me is a bit late to really mean anything at this point. If you were so sure of it, I don't understand why you bring it up during the FTA and why you voted TG. Your only new point is the action of armlx. I can't really defend for another player's actions, but a vet with his experience ought to know how to frame up townies.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by vollkan »

Near wrote: Could you guess my reasoning?
I'll take a guess:

You just speculated that oldest/youngest might accrue an investigative power, and you also speculated that there may be an age division leading to it being a good idea to have good doctors at both ends. Thus, I think the first list you produced is based on an assumption that you, Near, are protown.

The alternative list you have given looks like an attempt to be more objective - by not giving yourself the "youngest" position which you have speculated to be likely to gain a power.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Does anyone think there might be an accuracy reward? I don't see why else we would be restricted from posting are actual ages in thread.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by Near »

shaft.ed wrote:I don't really understand the difference in your two lists outside of you putting the confirmed townie from the youngest to oldest position, and removing pooky from the game. It also seems odd that you would provide two lists. That would be a scum tell to me showing that you are doing something different than your desired play so as to look more townish, but scum generally don't come out and say it so clearly. Bit perplexing.

Also your case against me is a bit late to really mean anything at this point. If you were so sure of it, I don't understand why you bring it up during the FTA and why you voted TG. Your only new point is the action of armlx. I can't really defend for another player's actions, but a vet with his experience ought to know how to frame up townies.
Oops, I forgot pooky. Put him in the middle. But my list really doesn't matter. Vollkan was testing me, and I am saying to vollkan that I am not a scum. That is also why I came up with the two list. On the first list, I put myself at the very top of the ladder because I wanted vollkan to see that I am not forgetting that I know I am a town.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by Near »

vollkan wrote:
Near wrote: Could you guess my reasoning?
I'll take a guess:

You just speculated that oldest/youngest might accrue an investigative power, and you also speculated that there may be an age division leading to it being a good idea to have good doctors at both ends. Thus, I think the first list you produced is based on an assumption that you, Near, are protown.

The alternative list you have given looks like an attempt to be more objective - by not giving yourself the "youngest" position which you have speculated to be likely to gain a power.
Pretty good, I actually forgot to consider the age division part, but my list seemed to have worked out well for that.

I also thought there *could* be some kind of benefit for being exactly in the middle, so in the original list, I put CKD there, and in the second list, I put someone other than shaft.ed.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by vollkan »

Shaft.ed wrote: It also seems odd that you would provide two lists. That would be a scum tell to me showing that you are doing something different than your desired play so as to look more townish, but scum generally don't come out and say it so clearly. Bit perplexing.
His second list is conceivable as coming from townNear, if I have judged his thinking correctly - but I don't like the way he goes out of his way to make a point of declaring that he is acting in contrast to as he wants.
Shaft.ed wrote: Does anyone think there might be an accuracy reward? I don't see why else we would be restricted from posting are actual ages in thread.
I can't see that sort of mechanic existing - the fact that a few of us have our DOBs in our profiles would make something like that rather pointless.

@Pooky
- You're up!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

MF...

I really thought TG was scum, bet you he is reading this right now with a little smug look on his face...if you are, sorry, but your ass was still scummy. However, look at all the information gleamed from your death!

OK I havent had to time to really get into the meat and potatoes of the conversation between Near and Vollkan (behind on 4 of the 11 games I am in counting this one) but hopefully I will jump into it this weekend. I saw what we need to do for the FTA stage.

I suggest that whatever we do, CAN WE PLEASE DO IT FAST! Mafia have time to sit around and chat while we figure out what we are going to do. Lets quit all conversation about who was guilty for what post and vote (save that for later, because I have a ton of shit I want to say)....and focus solely on figuring out how to assign ages. I think this was already suggested, I think everyone should just post their estimated ages of other players (leaving yourself out of course)...those ages are gathered and then we take the averages. I think it will probably be a waste of time to guess what they are gong to be used for...most likely the it will either have something to do with teams (I really doubt) or the oldest and youngest get something…but I don’t really care.

I am a fan of the dice popcorn thing…in this case, I don’t think the dice is really needed in this case, but will agree on it to get the ball moving.

There are 7 people here.
1.) Erg0
2.) curiouskarmadog
3.) Near
4.) vollkan
5.) PookyTheMagicalBear
6.) Adel
7.) shaft.ed

I think we need to do this now, unless anyone wants to argue which would in turn gives mafia more time to chat and we will end up doing this anyway.

Who wants to role the dice?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:46 am

Post by vollkan »

@CKD: If you didn't notice, Near already gave his numbers. And shaft.ed rolled the dice putting Pooky next.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”