Mini #111: Sonic Heroes Mafia (The fighting's over...)

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:18 pm

Post by mathcam »

You're kidding, right? You're suggesting hanging me, Captain Observant, for a slip of the "tounge"? Not to mention the fact that I'm a claimed cop with 2 confirmed scum-finds?

Uber duber
FOS: MMCL

Speak up, Araltalan.

Cam
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:26 am

Post by araltaln »

Okay. I am going to post calmly and rationally. Even if I'm only doing so because I can't hold a big enough clue-stick.

Robots: Omega (wouldn't, IMO, be part of the mafia group, but could be either SK or vig), Metal Sonic (dead, obviously), Omochao (me). Possibly also Robotnik's various robots that appear in the stages, but I doubt that.

MMCL, that night one happening is /exactly/ why got a FOS from me: the person you blocked night 1 is now dead, and not Eggman. You could very well be a blocker, you could very well have blocked Mojo night 1, but it looks to me like it's fairly probable you're a mafia roleblocker. I'm not done rereading, though, so that's both only fairly probable and I'm only willing to FOS, not vote. Although the fact you're looking at Mathcam the way you are isn't exactly helping my opinion :P

Everyone that has claimed (Mathcam, MMCL, is there anyone else left alive? :|), would you please consider fully revealing your results? With 2 kills still possible and only 6 alive, we're practically in end-game, so getting the lynch right now is fairly important.
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:15 am

Post by sycko999 »

Unvote: Araltaln
that seems reasonable enough. If I am correct Omega is on team dark, so why wouldn't he be mafia?
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:17 am

Post by Jolle »

I also still don't believe Mathcam fully, but not because of his 'slip of the tongue'. (I believe anyone, on matter how experienced, can make such mistakes). What bothers me is that he investigated Mafia on nights #1
and
#2. It just seems a bit too lucky to me to investigate Mafia on night #1 and night #2. Unless off course, he is Mafia and this is a plan...
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:18 am

Post by spork76 »

ya math reaveal your results so we can kill dat scum. oh ya i'm shadow I used my ability on nanook before he reavealed to be scum. Remember if you will He said i got a p.m. saying i could use my ability again.( shadow is protown)
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:03 am

Post by araltaln »

sycko, none of the mafia we've seen so far has been on Team Dark, we haven't found Eggman yet, and 4 or more scum would be a little bit unbalanced. More to the point, every single ability has been thematically appropriate, and Omega has this little thing I like to call "murderous rage" towards Eggman.

Jolle: ...

spork, who did you use your ability on last night? Also, remember Cam found an innocent last night :P
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:03 am

Post by MMCL »

I agree Jolle - It's how I feel currently.

I cant really answer the charges against me until I have got a PM back from the mod to ask about the blocks that the previous player did each night.

More as I know it...
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:03 am

Post by MMCL »

I agree Jolle - It's how I feel currently.

I cant really answer the charges against me until I have got a PM back from the mod to ask about the blocks that the previous player did each night.

More as I know it...
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:25 am

Post by spork76 »

I used my abilities night 2!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:38 am

Post by mathcam »

What's the point in revealing? I'll jump in if we get too close to lynching someone I know to be innocent. Revealing just gives the mafia more information.

Cam
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:44 am

Post by araltaln »

I know, I know, I'm just worried you won't have time to jump in with this crowd :P

Spork, are you trying to say that your ability is a one-shot ability, and that you used it only on night two? :?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Yeah, but the risk of a speed lynch is extremely small (if there's me and my confirmed innocent, it would take all 4 of the rest of you to vote to lynch him, plus I check the boards more frequently than most), and I feel like the harm is greater than that.

And the thing about me getting 2 scum in a row has got to be one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. First of all, think abuot how stupid it would be for me to out and therefore kill my two mafia partners. Second of all, it would be extremely weird if no cop
ever
got two guiltys in a row. By the laws of probability, it's
supposed
to happen occasionally. If you rolled a dice 100,000 times and never got 5 6's in a row, you should throw the dice away, because they are almost certainly not fair dice. But you're doing it backwards...you're suggesting throwing the dice away
because
it rolled 5 6's in a row and you find that unlikely.

Cam
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:23 am

Post by Jolle »

Hmm - I think Arataln is right: There is probably only one scum left, which has to be Eggman. Because of Yoko's/Nanooks ability, we already know that Arataln and Mathcam aren't Eggman. So we shouldn't lynch one of them today.

Combined with the fact that I think we can believe Mathcam now (since he isn't Eggman), I think we have a good chance of catching scum today. (Since Mathcam knows of another innocent).
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:57 am

Post by sycko999 »

Ahem, did anyone read my post about Dr. Robotnik? Anyway I think the only person we can really trust is Mathcam, MMCL seems most suspicious and I don't know what to make of Spork's claim. To get somthing done,
vote: MMCL
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by araltaln »

Jolle, your reasoning is flawed, even if it's flawed in my favor: I can't possibly be considered cleared of being Eggman based only on evidence scum has given us. Also, I agree with Cam, except you're not really throwing the dice away for rolling 5 6's in a row--even if his night 2 choice were completely random, it's more along the lines of throwing the dice away because you rolled 2 dice and they totaled 11 :P (3 [at least] in 11, 2 in 9 [1 dead, one investigated already], overall probability 2 in 33, as far as I can work it)

Sycko: Dr. Robotnik = original Robotnik (SatAM, first 50 or so issues of Archie Sonic).
Eggman (or RoboRobotnik) = another zone's Robotnik, who'd taken over all of Mobius long ago and defeated Sonic. Took over after Sonic (and, to an extent, Snively) defeated Mobius's Robotnik. (the rest of Archie Sonic)
Buttnik = term Sonic uses for either.
Dr. Eggman (or Dr. Robotnik) = Robotnik from whichever zone the Sega games are considered to be (which, at least for recent ones, certainly isn't Mobius :P)
Obviously, though, those names tend to be interchanged, especially for people familiar with all of them.

They are the Eggmen.
Rotor is the Walrus.
Goo goo g'joob.

Or something.

*quietly goes "fan-boy! faaaan-booy!" to himself off in a corner*
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:37 pm

Post by Jolle »

arataln wrote:Jolle, your reasoning is flawed, even if it's flawed in my favor: I can't possibly be considered cleared of being Eggman based only on evidence scum has given us.
"While Nanook/Yoko was Scum, he did have the ability he claimed to have. And his results have been right during the whole game." - That was what I tought when I made my last post. Now I do realize that he off course wouldn't post that you were Eggman is you were scum together. So indeed, my reasoning wasn't right :oops: .

And off course it happens
sometimes
that a Cop investigates 2 Mafia in a row, just not often.

Maybe I missed something, but what is exactly Sporks ability?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:53 am

Post by araltaln »

It'd appear that he has the ability to grant someone an additional night action (and Yoko really did have two investigations, then); I'm trying to find out if he could be responsible in a way for the extra kill last night. If he could be, the person he targetted to get an extra action last night should probably get quite a lot of suspicion; if his ability was one-shot (as I /think/ he was saying) it's not much help.
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:30 am

Post by spork76 »

I don't think eggman/robotnik is in the game we already lynched the godfather(metal sonic) eggman created metal sonic so I doubt eggmans a goon.
I geuss it was stupid to claim.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:20 am

Post by araltaln »

Well, if we don't have another double night action caused by you last night, we have two different killers left, and we almost have to have Eggman as one of them as far as I can figure.

However, claiming may have been extremely wise--both other people who haven't claimed role names yet quietly let that one go, so you are almost certainly who you say you are.

So.. 4 people with names claimed, 2 without. Perhaps it's time for a name claim from the rest of us?
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:26 am

Post by MMCL »

I'm still waiting on the details of dragonmasters choices... however I agree that the remaining players should claim names.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:31 am

Post by mathcam »

I can't believe I missed that. That seems to be obviously what happened. Not only were there 2 kills last night, but they both happened by being blown to bits.

Spork should definitely reveal who he targeted.

Cam
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:54 am

Post by sycko999 »

I am Omega, a vig. I have never played the game so that explanes why I was confused aout my role earlier. This also explaies why I thought there was a vig and not an sk. It was ment to say "blown to bits" whenever I kill someone, I thought Fletcher was mafia, but I can't kill him because I am a robot, the only person I killed is Mojo.
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by spork76 »

Yoko Kurama wrote: Then norinel gave me my investigation and followed by telling me that strangly I got another choice for the night..
I used it on nanook :oops: before math showed to be innocent.
and I hadn't thought about that there could be 2 killing groups buts it seems unlikeley.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:37 pm

Post by araltaln »

Jolle, you are the next contestant on the Claim is Right; come on down!

*waits*
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by spork76 »

Arty i belive u but it seems weird that no team chaotix but there is a less known character

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”