shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Near wrote:To be honest, if I was the last scum, I'd probably lost. After pooky used his day kill, I would have confessed immediately that I don't have a daykill. Because I would have thought that even if vollkan doesn't suspect me, he will surely make me do a daykill to end the game. That's what I was thinking anyway. Very fun game to follow even after I died.
I was planning on fingering Adel as bulletproof scum. I doubt it would have worked. But vollkan would have been the decider and he had a pretty pro-town read on me. Better than giving up.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Adel »

I feel like I am responsible for this loss. For some reason I thought that ABR would reward a quick trigger finger, and I stopped thinking in this game for a number of critical pages. I was lazy and made mistakes and lost, too bad other people had to lose with me.

I had no idea that shaft.ed didn't have a day kill... I made the mistake of assuming he did. Lazy.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Don't feel that guilty

I'm probably more responsible for this loss than anyone in here.

I definitely got lazy down the stretch.

mea culpa.

mea culpa

mea maxima culpa.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Yeah if you had only explained why you wanted me to daykill...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I actually thought that part was obvious.

lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

lol i enjoyed writing the flavor, but it was getting pretty boring mid-way so i just scrapped what i was doing and went in another direction. what did yall think of it ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Adel »

I really liked it initially. Was the daykill twist an original part of the setup? Are you going to post all of the twist mechanics and explain those die rolls?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm

initially ? heh i dont blame you i just went completely bonkers on this one.

dice rolls were how many vote counts until the twist would happen. the last twist was going to have to do with double votes.
Last edited by Albert B. Rampage on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Near »

vollkan wrote:Really good game setup ABR. The twist dynamic really made this an enjoyable break from the standard night-day thing.
I second.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Adel »

by the way, great win shaft.ed. you really pulled it out there, You were the person I appealed to since I thought you were the most likely to see reason. oops.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Claus »

Great game everyone, I enjoyed a lot watching you guys discussing it all the way to the end. Adel, Pooky, you shouldn't blame yourself so hard, the whole town was dead-set on the shaft.ed-town mindset by the time Near left the game. Only a slip (like the almost slip "shaft.ed please kill us") would have possibly changed the course.

ABR, thanks for letting me co-mod, it was a great experience :-) And what did you mean about changing the theme mid-way? After you took the game back the theme seemed pretty consistent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:25 pm

I mean the doctors suddenly killing each other, and the narrator switching to the news station, and then at the end to a different type of story-telling. I turned House into 24 basically lol.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:30 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

dammit...I am on such a losing streak right now.

we started off doing so well...I thought that unvote didnt make any sense and I couldnt figure out why shafted wouldnt hammer...again, I get a hunch about something and I dont stick to it....ugh, and pooky killing me out of no where was shitty...but hey, I think I had written off shafted too in this game, so me staying in it wouldnt have made a difference.

Shafted, I got a read on you earlier...I could tell a big difference in the two games we shared...my biggest problem was I read you as scum in the other game and town in this one (mostly). Once I found out you were town in the other game, I mostly just chalked it up to the different formats.....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Adel »

@Claus and ABR: do you think that shaft.ed's performance was scummy worthy?

1 scum player vs. vollkan, ckd, ergo, pooky and me should have little or no chance of winning.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Adel wrote:1 scum player vs. vollkan, ckd, ergo, pooky and me should have little or no chance of winning.
Adel thanks a lot for the compliment. I was planning on having something like that in my losing statement.

I honestly thought I was a dead man walking on page 8. Somehow vollkan formatted his questions towards me in such a way that I could clear up my sloppy play. So I was buddying up to him in hopes that when I got lynched armlx could at least take vollkan out of the game. When armlx died and vollkan got cleared by CKD, that plan was gone. About half way through D1 I thought there was no way I was going to win this thing, but I was having a ton of fun with the players/format and learning a lot so I really wanted to stay alive as long as possible. I wanted to bus armlx, but figured with how scummy I was looking and the fact that he wouldn't reveal until after my possible lynch the scum could be down two after the first day, so I had to hang back and look scummy doing so in the following days. I think I got really lucky with the twist involving the Near lynch as the drama seemed to add quite a bit more credibility to the bus'ing. I'm still amazed that no one else found his play scummy, after his TG hammer I thought I wouldn't be able to bus him anymore. And obviously I got crazy lucky with vollkan killing Adel last night. Vollkan, I'm curious what my odds would have been. Had you logged in and seen my ability to not kill Adel with her and Pooky very likely screaming for you to kill me but not able to with too few votes and no daykills, and me telling you Adel was a bulletproof scum, which way do you think you would have swung?

ABR, the set-up was a lot of fun. My favorite part was bringing back the Hezbollah reference at the end, I'm glad scum won so you could use it. I really wish I had had a partner more often during the FTA's though. It was fun to have the thread open while being able to communicate with your partner, but I was only able to use that to any strategical advantage with Near leading into D3. Also what was the point of us making degrading nicknames of eachother, just for mod laughs?

Anyway, thanks guys I learned a lot from this game. I feel a little bit bad that it ended the way it did though :?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:21 am

Guys, call me Albert. ABR is reserved for scummers that hate me.
shaft.ed wrote:Also what was the point of us making degrading nicknames of eachother, just for mod laughs?
To add tension between the players, plus the uncertainty factor.
Adel wrote:@Claus and ABR: do you think that shaft.ed's performance was scummy worthy?
I wouldn't nominate purely because of the random factor of this special setup.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:56 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Adel wrote:I made the mistake of assuming he did. Lazy.
pooky wrote:I definitely got lazy down the stretch.

I'd like to propose the vollkan effect. When a player with known analytical prowess makes consistent and thorough PBPA's, other players in the game will lean on this analysis as a sort of cliff notes version of the game and become detached. This effect is greatly increased when said player is a confirmed innocent.

Oh and I forgot to thank Claus for stepping up and keeping the game going when it looked doomed. Thanks :P
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

oh yeah, if I didnt say it, you played a good game shafted
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:59 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:Also what was the point of us making degrading nicknames of eachother, just for mod laughs?
To add tension between the players, plus the uncertainty factor.
Guess that didn't pan out. Though I am still trying to figure out why I was proposed to be a mechanical suit. I was disappointed with the poor showing of the final product. Really wanted some memorable names to come out of that.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Adel »

your avatar at the time and the show "Entourage" inspired the name "mechanical suit"
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:09 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Adel wrote:your avatar at the time and the show "Entourage" inspired the name "mechanical suit"
But my avatar was a sorcerer from Brotherhood of the Vizjerei, how's that work?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Dean Harper »

aww man, i wish i had not gotten booted, as i probably would have done a better job than Near at staying alive... (no offense Near). Aw, well, good job Shafted, great game everyone, and cya all later.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Adel »

shaft.ed wrote:But my avatar was a sorcerer from Brotherhood of the Vizjerei
lol, it just looked to me like a cartoony mecha.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by vollkan »

shaft.ed wrote: Vollkan, I'm curious what my odds would have been. Had you logged in and seen my ability to not kill Adel with her and Pooky very likely screaming for you to kill me but not able to with too few votes and no daykills, and me telling you Adel was a bulletproof scum, which way do you think you would have swung?
Without a proper excuse, I probably would have gone after you. I wasn't 100% on you being town, and I was paranoid that I had fooled myself into thinking you were.

I just realised, this gives me an awesome precedent for whenever I get attacked for not having people below 50%. Towntells are a lie!
shaft.ed wrote: I'd like to propose the vollkan effect. When a player with known analytical prowess makes consistent and thorough PBPA's, other players in the game will lean on this analysis as a sort of cliff notes version of the game and become detached. This effect is greatly increased when said player is a confirmed innocent.
/emphatic second

It seemed like, no matter what I said, nobody was actually arguing with me. I like being in control of a game, but it doesn't work if everyone just kneels before me.

Does this mean that there is an optimum level of suspicion at which I need to be held that is above zero?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Claus »

vollkan wrote: Does this mean that there is an optimum level of suspicion at which I need to be held that is above zero?
Nah... it has nothing to do with suspicion, and rather with closing the tap and questioning others into the ground so they stop waiting for you to do their work for them.

I have been in a similar situation on another site before :-/

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”