Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by dahill1 »

because you're killa seven, and she's farside

and also if you're lying and we tell her to kill you at night, you'll get in an extra kill
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

killa seven wrote:farside is lying, id like to hear who she killed and why. if shes really the vig why not let her kill me at night and have no one protect me and vise versa? and how is her claim more believeable? i coulda lied and said yea i killed the bodyguard no i was truthfull, my kill was against a cult recruiter, and if their is a cult would they be alowwed to kill and with the mafia that would be 3 kills.
what possilbe motivation could she have to lie? if she is lying she would be either vigged tonight, or lynched tomorrow.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by dahill1 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
killa seven wrote:farside is lying, id like to hear who she killed and why. if shes really the vig why not let her kill me at night and have no one protect me and vise versa? and how is her claim more believeable? i coulda lied and said yea i killed the bodyguard no i was truthfull, my kill was against a cult recruiter, and if their is a cult would they be alowwed to kill and with the mafia that would be 3 kills.
what possilbe motivation could she have to lie? if she is lying she would be either vigged tonight, or lynched tomorrow.
major QFT!
Antithesis
Antithesis
Goon
Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Antithesis »

Is it possible they are both telling the truth?

2 vigs versus a mafia and a cult?
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it."

Thomas Paine
Antithesis
Antithesis
Goon
Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Antithesis »

As for the Farside deal.

She was a replacement, wasn't she? Asking her about why someone else did or did not do something is pointless.
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it."

Thomas Paine
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
farside22 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:who did you target and why did you feel it was a good move to kill Night 0 witout any information?
I want an answer to this question before I unvote.
I dont understand this post. If he claimed your role, i dont see how his target claim would affect whether you find him voteworthy or not?

Please explain.

BM
I didn't really want to claim and kept on hoping he would trip up and say something stupid. When he claimed who he targeted I stated further about it being more SK then anything. I'm not a fan of claiming since I'm sure to be targeted by scum. However I had a night to think about the best way to state things I hoped by asking for flavor text from Killa that others would ask because at that point I was more certain he was scum or SK. But people wanted a claim and if I didn't claim I think people would have let him off and possibly been protected (since a couple of people mentioned protection) then let him kill again tonight. I really hoped that he had been lynched without a counterclaim, but I guess that was fruitless.
Once again Killa 7 fails to notice my post or comments about who was targeted and the fact I can't answer why since I replaced the person who did the targeting.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

antithesis wrote: Is it possible they are both telling the truth?
It is possible. Is it likely? I'd say not.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Lloyd »

unlikely, because i doubt 1 vig can choose kill method, but the 2nd vig cannot
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
antithesis wrote: Is it possible they are both telling the truth?
It is possible. Is it likely? I'd say not.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I think she already claimed that. The reason we would not let you both live is because:

1. It gives the SK an extra kill, which, with the current state of affairs, we seriously dont want!
2. Its possible that the SK has an additional ability, like a Roleblock, or NK immunity, in which case we would lose a vig for nothing.

Oh and we arent saying you lied about your kill. You did us a favour, and i for one am grateful. But, the aim of the game is to kill scum, and unfortunately, you are claimed scum. Oh and i dont see any evidence to suggest that the cult has a Kill.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

dahill1 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
major QFT!
QFT Pyramid! :D

@Antithesis- no its not possible, again, unless this game has the most dastardly setup ever. Maybe a Vig and a Dayvig would fit, but 2 vigs plus a cult, SK and Mafia? That could be upto 5 kills on the first night, of which we only had 3. And 1 vig is claiming flavour, the other isnt.

So I'm 99.9% sure they arent both Vigs.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Peers »

armlx wrote:We still have a week to talk people, no need to lynch right now.
Translation: "Hey, maybe if you guys ignore my scumbuddy you'll convince people to lynch a hapless town role instead", right?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:43 am

Post by armlx »

Peers wrote:
Translation: "Hey, maybe if you guys ignore my scumbuddy you'll convince people to lynch a hapless town role instead", right?
No, translation "Killa is dead today regardless, why not work out who else could be scum for tomorrow before someone who could have input dies"......

Also, I highly doubt Killa has "scum buddies". If you had been reading, discussion has made it pretty evident he's the SK.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:45 am

armlx wrote:
Also, I highly doubt Killa has "scum buddies". If you had been reading, discussion has made it pretty evident he's the SK.
qft,

Peers what makes you think killa has scum buddies? If Killa does (for some reason) turn out to be mafia, I think Peers needs a closer look.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:01 am

Post by skitzer »

Not vig.

I'm still wanting to hear from a Tlp replacement and then maybe switch my vote.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:15 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

@BM Farside was a replacement, and, (I'm not re-reading atm) chances are she didn't have flavour sent to her. If your talking about farside not having flavour in her claim.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:32 am

Post by farside22 »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:@BM Farside was a replacement, and, (I'm not re-reading atm) chances are she didn't have flavour sent to her. If your talking about farside not having flavour in her claim.
Actually I'm claiming to be willing to give flavour text. I asked Killa to do flavor text and he has not replied.
@CKD: Why were you so willing to give Killa a free pass with this statement? Wouldn't trying to get more information and asking questions be better?
it should also be noted that a stupid vig (and I have made his mistake before) is still a town vig and if he is lying then the real vig will kill him tonight..so killa seven is not the lynch today.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:58 am

farside22 wrote:
Actually I'm claiming to be willing to give flavour text. I asked Killa to do flavor text and he has not replied.
@CKD: Why were you so willing to give Killa a free pass with this statement? Wouldn't trying to get more information and asking questions be better?
it should also be noted that a stupid vig (and I have made his mistake before) is still a town vig and if he is lying then the real vig will kill him tonight..so killa seven is not the lynch today.
farside please reread...not do I have my vote on killa, I asked him the questions about who he killed and why he chose that victim, that answer from him made me vote him (and several others as well)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:59 am

edit "not do I have my vote on killa" = "not only do I...."
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:21 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote: as for Kill's claim...throat slashing screams SK...I was for letting him live and the real vig deal with him, but that means (if he is the SK) he gets another kill, and I am down with that.

Killa, did you answer the question why you decided to kill night 0?
Someone else asked first it seems. You were not voting for killa at the time of his vig comment. I was curious to know why you thought him dumb townie and did not do follow-up question till someone else did.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:30 am

post 968
killa seven wrote:fine ill claim now. my role is town vig, i win when all scum are eliminated, each night i send the name of the player i would like to kill. believe me or not, that is my role.
post 969
armlx wrote:Did you kill last night.
post 971
curiouskarmadog wrote:who did you target and why did you feel it was a good move to kill Night 0 witout any information?
farisde, no one asked these questions after his claim...at first I thought he might be a vig UNTIL he answered my questions..
farside22 wrote:
Someone else asked first it seems. You were not voting for killa at the time of his vig comment. I was curious to know why you thought him dumb townie and did not do follow-up question till someone else did.
really who? Armix asked IF he killed, I asked WHO he killed and WHY..please provide the post numbers if I am missing something else.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:53 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm sorry you were the first to ask, but why did you follow it up with this comment?
Why was it necessary to add that comment right after you asked who he targeted?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:56 am

because I thought he might be a vig..."stupid" because he killed night 0, I didnt want him lynched until a.) he answered my questions, and b.) it seemed like a waste of a lynch when the real vig (if there was one) would kill at night. At this point, I didnt think the Vig would or should claim....

however, my opinion of the situation changed after he provided his kill choice(answered my question) and you claimed vig.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:01 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

killda killa
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm looking at Peers for tomorrow. His last two posts are perfect to explain my suspicions.
Peers wrote:
Vote: killa

Yeah, I'll join the wagon. Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this.
He was questioned a lot on what would be a worthwhile claim, yet he never answered. And it sounds like he's only wagoning in order to get a claim.
Peers wrote:
Translation: "I can't let this guy hunt more scum or I'll be dead tomorrow!"
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:@BM Farside was a replacement, and, (I'm not re-reading atm) chances are she didn't have flavour sent to her. If your talking about farside not having flavour in her claim.
sorry, what was this in response to?
:oops:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”