Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Thesp »

Claus wrote:You may now also start wondering if a
Vig/Tracker/Doc/BLT vs Mafia Doc is more or less likely/balanced than
Vig/Tracker/Doc vs Mafia Doc.
There's still one more Mafia role whose ability is in question.

I disagree with ABR's play on so many levels, and I have significant disagreements with any thought of someone2/TheStranger being scum. I think any suggestion of someone2/TheStranger scumness is patently absurd - it's entirely inconsistent with what I have ever seen in scum interaction.
Setael wrote:I don't see a townie self voting at this stage of the game. I think Ythill did it because he has no need to fear scum quick lynching him. He's the last scum and if he's on the wagon it's a safe gambit since everyone else are townies. I'm not surprised he's following ABR like a sheep. ABR is making it easy for Ythill to hide behind him.
I agree.

I think that doc protects are likely at this point - I have a hard time not believing Claus/ABR, for game and meta-reasons. If he did protect me both nights, and if at least one of those nights the no-kill is because I was targetted, it seems more likely to come from Ythill than Setael.

Vote: Ythill.

Die scum die.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm going to be away from my computer until wednesday afternoon. Since that is just over 48hrs, I thought I'd post to let everyone know.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Ythill »

Ythill was a tough one. Even after you strung him up, he wiggled and gasped for several hours before finally dying. Sometime during that grotesque display, he coughed out his last words. They sounded like bad news...

Bah... go... town...
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Claus »

:blink: it seems I need to post faster if I want to make my re-reads known before the hammers.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some content before night comes and scum come visit my house, but if not, go town.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Claus »

I just realized that this is largely pointless, since I was planning to re-read Ythill and ythill is already dead, he will soon be cardflipped.

If the game is not over, it will be a Thesp-TheStranger-Setael finalle tomorrow. I'm fairly sure that setael is our last scum. This is because:

Thesp - has been violently bussing his scumpartners without the need to do it. He could have put the rope very easily on S2 and/or Lowell before Thok and RW died. So if he is scum, he deserves the win. I don't think he is, though.

The Stranger - has been violently attacked by Thok and RW. This goes beyond bussing for me. So he is probably not scum. I'll make a last read of D3, D4 and D5 to check that, but I'm pretty sure of this. His claim as a bullet proof was also unneeded from the POV of scum.

So yeah, if the game is not over, just hang seta tomorrow.

Go town!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Thesp »

Was that actually a lynch?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Claus »

Seta, TheStranger, and you hammered, Thesp. Seta voted a whiiiiiiile ago, and TS voted two pages back.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:52 am

Post by TheStranger »

I assume Thesp is asking because the Mod didn't notice the hammer, and not because he didn't know his vote was a hammer.

Or, y'know, the mod was going away for a few days and didn't have time to check that it was a hammer, do a nightscene, and so on. Could be that. Yeah. :D
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

Final (and only) votecount:

Ythill 3 (Setael,TheStranger, Thesp)

Setael 2 (Claus, Ythill)

Not voting: No-one

Ythill loved nightscenes. So much so that he spent much of his days coming up with new and clever variations on the phrase 'someone has been lynched, it is now night.' Unfortunately, in New Catania that made him stand out as something of an oddball.

The day's discussions saw something of a polarisation of the town, with two competing groups of similar size arguing over the best course of action. Finally, one of the town's senior citizens broke the tie, and came down in favour of lynching the luckless Ythill.

His mind clearly on posterity, Ythill expired with one telling comment, one readers of his own nightscenes would recognise instantly:

'Bah, go town...'

Ythill,
vanilla townie,
has been lynched.

It is now night six. Choices please- day will begin... sometime later.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

For twenty years, Claus had worked in the ER of New Catania General Hospital. During that time, he'd dealt with more victims of mafia violence than he could recall, and saved numerous lives.

Unfortunately, this was one physician who couldn't heal himself. Last night, Claus finished his shift around 2am. Wearily, he made his way down to the hospital's car park, and got in his trusty old Merc. He turned the key in the ignition, and... well, this is the mafia we're talking about. I think you can guess what happened next, can't you?

Claus,
Protown Doctor,
has been murdered.

It is now day seven. With three alive, it takes two to lynch.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Claus »

You know, among my finished games on MS, I was doc in a third of them. What are the odds? :-)

Bah, go town!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Thesp »

Any last minute revelations from anyone? I don't have any.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 am

Post by TheStranger »

Nope. Will re-read when I have the chance.
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Setael »

So much for my confidence in a town win this game. I narrowed it down to myself and Ythill because I really don't see either of you being scum for these reasons:
Setael wrote:Regardless, I think this game is in the bag, even if I'm mislynched today. I find it extremely unlikely TheStranger was targeted twice, so the 2 no kills clear Thesp. Claus is cleared as doc - considering how nothing seemed to add up, I don't see scum fake claiming doc in his situation. Plus he comes off as town to me, even though his read of me is wrong. I also think it's unlikely that scum would target Thesp twice in a row, which means TheStranger is likely telling the truth about his role. It doesn't make sense to me that he would come up with a gambit to no kill immediately after replacing in, while planning to later claim BPT. So to me anyway, it's between me and Ythill.

So one of you is VERY good - either Thesp bussed the hell out of his partners to assure a win which seems unlikely, or TheStranger really did replace into the game and immediately no kill, which I also find unlikely.

Based mostly on this post, I'm leaning toward TheStranger as scum.
TheStranger wrote:
Setael wrote:TheStranger, if you're bulletproof that means there's a (albeit slim) chance there's no doc and in that case we don't want the cop (if any) to claim. When did you read the roleblocker claims from yesterday? Did you finish reading that before the day ended? I find it odd that you didn't mention it as soon as we started talking about role claiming - at least first thing today if you weren't finished reading the thread yesterday. What if a cop were to claim and then no doc claims? Now that we know you're bulletproof, it wouldn't necessarily mean the mafia was no killing, it could mean they targeted you twice.
1. "duh" on the mafia not no killing.
2. Why are you so sure there is a doc?
3. What did you expect me to mention earlier? The possibility of a bulletproof? After I'd likely just been targeted? I think scum might've noticed.

It seems like your having trouble adjusting to this realization. I'm sure scum were trying to out-think the "doc" by going after me twice in succesion.
In this post, TheStranger misconstrued my post and tried to throw suspicion at me for it. Thesp has not done that this game. I can see my assumptions about Stranger being wrong before I can see Thesp bussing both his partners the way those wagons went. I won't be voting anytime soon, but I'm leaning toward Stranger as scum.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:16 am

Post by TheStranger »

Okay it's pretty clear that thesp is town.
Vote: Setael
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Thesp »

Agreed.

Vote: Setael

*crosses fingers*

I will be very surprised if the scum super-bussed someone2.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:45 am

Post by The Fonz »

Setael DeRossi was one of Panucci's most loyal servants. Sure, she wasn't noted for her brains. Nor her beauty. But the one thing you could count on with Setael, when you were relying on her to do a job, she did it.

Or at least, she used to. It's a difficult job being a lone criminal when you're used to being enmeshed in the comforting web of organised crime. Left to her own devices, without anyone to tell her what to do and how to do it, Setael was far less effective. She became careless, and started leaving clues lying around. It was only a matter of time before she got caught.

Today in downtown New Catania, things came to a head. What was left of the citizenry surrounded her, and dragged her towards the gallows. 'Damn you!' screamed the condemned mafiosa, and struggling with the strength only the truly doomed could muster, she pulled a colt .45 from her coat pocket, and aimed straight for the heart of TheStranger, a local who'd somehow evaded her previous attempts to kill him.

By an amazing stroke of luck, the bullet was stopped by TheStranger's wristwatch, which he was carrying in his breast pocket due to its strap having broken that morning. TheStranger was knocked off his feet, but not significantly harmed.

By the time TheStranger had regained his footing, the corpse of Panucci's last henchwoman was lying in the middle of the square, taking a last good kicking from the jeering citizenry.

"Well, it's over," the Stranger confided to the man standing next to him, a distinguished gray-haired fellow named Thesp. "Fancy a game of poker?"

Setael,
Mafia Goon,
has been lynched!
The town are victorious!

Thoughts and night actions to come...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I told you so :wink:
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

The good guys:

someone2
TheStranger, Bulletproof townie
rite
Thesp, Townie
BrianMcQueso
ibaesha, Vig
Happiest Sadist
Vaughn, Townie
kuribo, Tracker
Rishi, Townie
Streeflo
Ythill, Townie
Claus,Town Doctor

The bad guys:

death_omen
RossWilliam, Mafia Doctor
Beastly
Setael, Mafia Goon
LoudmouthLee DrippingGoofBall
Thok, Mafia Goon
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Setael »

I detect a disturbing pattern here.
Flay - Lost Boy's death scene wrote: While not a particularly contributing member of society (or highly intelligent lifeform), Setael's worst crime was to be the target of the growing wrath and frustration of her fellow citizens.
Fonz wrote: Setael DeRossi was one of Panucci's most loyal servants. Sure, she wasn't noted for her brains. Nor her beauty.
I'm going to get a complex.

I knew I was done for when ABR replaced in (though experience tells me he would've gone after me whether I was scum or town). I consider it a personal win that I didn't get lynched yesterday.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 am

LOL why do they keep insulting your intelligence ? I think your FINE Setael!!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Setael »

Fonz wrote:...she pulled a colt .45 from her coat pocket, and aimed straight for the heart of TheStranger, a local who'd somehow evaded her previous attempts to kill him.
P.S. This makes it sound like I targeted Someone2 twice. Not so. I targeted Thesp one of the No Kill nights. Either way, bad luck on both.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:58 am

Claus was going after you anyway. Its not like he would've changed his mind, amirite Claus ?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

The role PMs:

Claus:

You are a
doctor.
As a longstanding employee of New Catania Public Hospital, you've gotten real good at patching up those gunshot wounds. Each night, you may target another player. If that player has been targetted for a nightkill, your swift action will save their life. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Please reply to confirm.

someone2/TheStranger:

You are a
bulletproof townie.
You have no night action, but cannot be slain at night.

One of New Catania's most fortunate sons, you've got the great job, the flash car, the hot wife, and you win at poker far more than seems fair. For whatever reason, you always seem to catch the breaks. Anyone trying to kill you at night will fail, for some strange and seemingly inexplicable reason.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Please reply to confirm.

kuribo:

You are a
tracker

Ever since you saw your brother gunned down by Panucci's goons a year ago, you've been unable to sleep. Rather than lying there, staring at the ceiling, you've decided to use your sleepless nights to oppose Panucci's mob. Each night, you may choose another player to follow. You will be told if that player performed a night action, and on whom.

BMQ/IBBY:

You are a
vigilante

Are you going to hang around waiting for this city's organised crime problem to solve itself? Hell no! You're going to strap on your trusty beretta, and head out there to try to put a bullet between the eyes of whatever wrongdoer has the misfortune to come across your path.

Death_Omen/Rosswilliam:

Your role: You are Cristiano delSangro, Salvatore Panucci's personal physician and longtime confidante. (Mafia Doctor)

Role description: You are part of a mafia group with LML/DGB/Thok and Beastly/Setael. Every night, any mafia members who are still living can discuss amongst themselves, and nominate one of their number to perform a nightkill. Unless i am directly informed otherwise, I shall assume that the player who pms me the target's name is the one doing the killing.

You yourself are also an experienced and capable doctor. You may target one player per night, and if that player is targetted for a nightkill, (s)he will remain alive. You cannot both use the doc protection ability and perform a nightkill yourself on the same night.

You win when all threats to mafia domination of New Catania are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm by replying to this pm.

Beastly/Setael/LML/DGB/Thok

___________, you are a mafia goon.

Just because Panucci's gone down, doesn't mean the mafia in New Catania are done for, does it? Along with Fellow Goon ____ l and mafia doc ______, you have resolved to carry on Panucci's, er, 'Good Work.'

Every night you may communicate with your fellow mafia and select another player to nightkill. The player who pms me with the name of the target will be assumed to be carrying out the killing, unless expressly directed otherwise.

You win when your mafia group constitutes half of the remaining players, or nothing can prevent the same.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”