Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Imat wrote:Woah, Killa, what did you mean by the role blocked comment? Did I miss a Mafia Roleblocker claiming or was this a slipup from you? I mean, it doesn't matter seeing as how the general consensus is for your lynch, but if you are Mafia and not a roleblocker this is very telling of what kind of roles your partners may have.

And I'm rather certain the viggee isn't a real role.
rofl. If i had space, i'd sig that last comment. I shouldnt laugh though-you do raise a valid point. Can Lloyd be serious for long enough to actually help the town?
Imat wrote:So far Lloyd has jokingly claimed as a Mason Miller and a viggee, going anywhere with these claims?
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Lloyd »

farside, what you seem to be asking, is that if i was in your position, what i would do.

if i was in your position, i would be trigger happy and shoot battle mage and see what happens. worse case, a miller is lost. best case, a scum is shot.

for what it's worth, i now think battle mage has a night power, given him asking people to claim "not vig". then, upon finding two claimed vigs...asking xtoxm and i to claim, then pointing out nemesis' breadcrumbs. it doesn't match up with his miller claim though. and yes, he'll continue to claim miller until he's lynched in this game...

anyhow, i claimed viggee. you should make up your opinion / position about who you want to shoot. it's your prerogative.
---
on a completely unrelated note, being a bus driver in mafia games is fun.
Original Roll String: 1d25
1 25-Sided Dice: (11) = 11
Original Roll String: 1d25
1 25-Sided Dice: (10) = 10
---
sweatpantsninja, i appreciate your defenses, but i try to play each game differently, regardless of my alignment.
---
armlx, thanks for your defense and in modding random mafia 2, that was fun!
---
toaster strudel, likewise, thanks for your defense about my null tells, but you typically defending people who are being attacked - that's your null tell :)
---
battle mage, having fun with your double-vote? maybe you can convince undecided to proxy votes to you, so you can hammer killa seven right before the deadline
---
thenextepisode, your internet connectivity issue is a blessing in disguise in this game. i would argue that there is a legitimate reason for you to vote on day 1 in this game. hopefully, you won't have to be replaced tomorrow, and can contribute more on day 2.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by Lloyd »

hmm, i was hoping to roll a 12 on the die. oh well.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by Lloyd »

battle mage, how come so many claim requests today?

anyone else you want to ask to claim, but haven't asked yet?

just remembered that you also asked matt to claim earlier.
Battle Mage wrote:Still waiting on Matt's claim.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:05 am

Post by farside22 »

@Lloyd:
In a mafia game if the vig is outted and is deciding the fate of another player at night it is a good practice to find out if said person is a power role before deciding to attack them. You could lose a very valuable person in the game. I'm not the biggest fan of peope asking for role claims and I agree that BM pused for Matt_S to claim without a lot of people looking to lynch him was a bit much. However I too wanted Xtoxm to claim as my #1 target and you to claim because your attitude towards the game is anti anything. You are against BM. He claimed Miller. I think for a 1st day without pressure claim it is not something I see often. I'm not sure why I think it is more possible he is telling the truth then not, but most of it comes from the conversation that took place after his claim. I agree with one thing. If he keeps looking for role claims as he has done I will be looking more firmly in his direction.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well I haven't seen the claim, but to my experience miller's seem to be pretty come in these big type games, i'm sure there'll be one here.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:13 am

Post by armlx »

Lloyd wrote: then pointing out nemesis' breadcrumbs. it doesn't match up with his miller claim though. and yes, he'll continue to claim miller until he's lynched in this game...
I agree with this. The day I want BM dead by changed from a generous 6 to 4 after that.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I don't like millers, especially when they are just plain millers. Is BM ONLY a miller? If so, I'd like him gone a lot faster than armlx does.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

FOS those 2 trying to get rid of BM like that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Yeah, who'd want to get rid of a "miller" that's trying to get claims out of everybody on Day 1? Oh, the insanity!!!
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:48 am

Post by armlx »

Xtoxm wrote:FOS those 2 trying to get rid of BM like that.
You apparently missed the 20 pages where I argued this point before getting other people to realize BM can NOT survive to the end of the game.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Nemesis »

Peers wrote:Oh, sure, you trust him when he says he's a vanilla townie... (
This is because WIFOM is fun. I'm sure BM said claiming vanilla townie was like sealing your own coffin... Or something of that nature.
Xtoxm wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:would you rather we vigged him and found out for ourselves?

BM
:evil:
You know what would make me happy. If you can read through the game and give an assestment of who you think it scum and why.
Yeh I will do, if i'm still alive tomorrow.
You know what's awesome? Bargaining...
Matt_S wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I have no reason to believe he is scum a have not looked at a single of his posts yet.

It was more of a joke seeing as the alternative is me.
Oh sure, suggest a random target for the vig.
1: It was pretty much a joke.

2: Given a choice between choosing to die when you are 100% sure you are town vs lynching someone you are not 100% sure is town, it would take someone pretty suicidal to favour their own death.
Lloyd wrote:for what it's worth, i now think battle mage has a night power,
This is obvious. He asked not to be roleblocker, a miller with no night actions wouldn't give a damn, would probably like to be roleblocked as it clears him of killing.

However, at the start of the game we were discussion whether BM was a miller and [insert powerrole here], it wouldn't be that unheard of to have a miller thief or something.
Xtoxm wrote:Well I haven't seen the claim, but to my experience miller's seem to be pretty come in these big type games, i'm sure there'll be one here.
It's not certain there is, but BM claimed and no one countered.

Also BM did claim after the cop died, which makes him look a little better, although backup cops in games this large are not that unusual.
I don't like millers, especially when they are just plain millers. Is BM ONLY a miller? If so, I'd like him gone a lot faster than armlx does.
I think we went over this earlier and he didn't feel like telling us.

Although after calling me "obvious" and whatever else he did, he said the roleblocker should take no action and said he wouldn't like to be roleblocked. Thus he claimed a night action.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:57 am

Post by skitzer »

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have 3 claimed vigs now?

farside22
killa seven
Lloyd

They all claimed. Now if this is true, that means we would've had a possibility of 6 kills on the first night.

Mafia
SK
Cult
3 Vigs

Let me tell you something. Someone is lying.

FoS: killa seven

FoS: farside22

FoS: Lloyd
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Nemesis »

One of Lloyd's 'joke claims' was vigee, like lynchee a person who wins by being vigged, not someone who can actually vigging anyone.

Lloyd's latest claim is bus driver, but that probably counts as another "not serious claim" because he didn't actually claim it, as such.

I'm basing this off of 1301 as it is the latest 'claim' I can see.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he came up vanilla townie or godfather. He still lacks a proper claim. (And if he was serious with bus driver, he hasn't even said he didn't use his power last night.)

It looks to me like Lloyd is just using the idea of a bus driver to scare people, and he hasn't technically lied if he isn't one.

At this point I'm still hopeful for some clarification from him, but he's "giving up" makes me doubt if it will come.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Nemesis »

EBWOP "His giving up"*
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:25 am

Post by skitzer »

Oh. Well, by doing that confusing some people, he is not helping the game.

I thought by vigge, he was saying vig in Old English Speak.

*facesalp*
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Nemesis »

skitzer wrote:Well, by doing that confusing some people, he is not helping the game.
He's not helping the town, at least.

On a brighter note, he'll be dead soon or he will be unnightkillable.

If he is unNKable then he's probably going to get lynched tomorrow, but he's probably just suicidal.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Matt_S »

Nemesis wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I have no reason to believe he is scum a have not looked at a single of his posts yet.

It was more of a joke seeing as the alternative is me.
Oh sure, suggest a random target for the vig.
1: It was pretty much a joke.

2: Given a choice between choosing to die when you are 100% sure you are town vs lynching someone you are not 100% sure is town, it would take someone pretty suicidal to favour their own death.
The point is that he refused to actually scumhunt.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Nemesis »

Yet given only two options, suggesting a third would probably not have done a lot, especially when he was in the frame.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Nemesis »

Although for the record I'm just saying his comment wasn't scummy. I'm not saying he shouldn't scumhunt. I think you were being slightly harsh on him.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm openly refused to scumhunt today. I think I was pretty nice about that.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by killa seven »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
killa seven wrote:why not use me to kill who u guys want to kill :) vig 2 summy people instead of one. both of us cant be role blocked.
Please be quiet and except your death, whether you are a vig or not is regardless, the consensus (and obvious truth) is you are scum, SK in particular. Stop with the talking, and let us get something done with the rest of our day.
shut the fuck up. no seriously shut the fuck up.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
jackalbane
jackalbane
Townie
jackalbane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by jackalbane »

Is there any reason we're prolonging that last killa vote? Kinda repeating what I've already said, but seeing as nobody answered me I feel obliged.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

jackalbane wrote:Is there any reason we're prolonging that last killa vote? Kinda repeating what I've already said, but seeing as nobody answered me I feel obliged.
qft
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by VanDamien »

jackalbane wrote:Is there any reason we're prolonging that last killa vote? Kinda repeating what I've already said, but seeing as nobody answered me I feel obliged.
:goodposting:
Fnord is the whole donut.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”