veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by veerus »

Perhaps a redirect of sorts was in action? What abilities have we not revealed yet?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by veerus »

Or.. MM, mind posting all role PM's and whatever actions (if any) you were aware of from earlier days?
-Fight Club
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Welcome, Winston Smith(from Nineteen Eighty-Four). In the Ministry of Love, something happened. They said this place was the next part of your rehabilitation, but you’re not so sure…

You are the Townie Unmaker.

Active Abilities—You may use one a day.
<Unperson> Each day, you may target a player in the graveyard. You will erase that person from the records, removing them from the game.

Passive Abilities
<Mutual> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.
My role pm
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Isacc »

Btw, in case you wanted to know more about me.
"Dralnu! I thought I killed you!" Teferi yelled.
"Well, maybe you should think twice before trying to kill the undead."
Teferi thrusts a finger towards you. In that instant, the world disintegrated. In the air, you hear a laugh.
"If I can't kill you, I can at least contain you."

Welcome, Dralnu, Lich Lord(from Magic the Gathering). Once you summoned undead to serve you. After your death, however, you ended up here. Now you want to escape. But, first...

You are the
Mafia Jester-Of-All-Trades

Factional Abilities
<Mafia Daytalk> You may speak to Number Six(Kinetic) and Amante(forbiddanlight) at any time in this quicktopic(http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/8yxCs2g8U3dsA). Additionally, you know they are mafia.
<Mafia Kill> Each day, Number Six may choose a player to kill. In the event of his death, you gain the mantle of control. Then Amante if you die. Your kill method is "Skewered". If you commit the kill, you cannot use any active abilities.
<Mafia Safeclaim> You know Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir(from Magic the Gathering) is not in the game.
<Mafia Falseclaim> Once in the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilities, I will create a fake PM with those abilities.

Active Abilities--You may use one a day.
<Counterspell> Once during the game, you may target a player. Any actions that player takes that day will fail.
<Think Twice> Once during the game, you may target a player. You will learn that player's rolename.

Passive Abilities
<Mystical Teachings> All Active Abilities are restored upon your death.
<Careful Consideration> You may continue to speak in-thread and use abilities as long as you are in the graveyard.
<Mutual Fiend> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

Mafia Win Condition: You win when the mafia are the last faction remaining or nothing can prevent the same.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

veerus wrote:
<Construction> Each day, you may build one of the following inventions on another player: Sentry Gun, Dispenser, Teleporter. Only one invention may be on a player at a time. You may only have one of each invention out at one time.
-Sentry Guns will kill the first player not of the constructee’s alignment that targets them each day.
I obviously sentry-gunned myself N1. Though I was kind of surprised to see that a "construction" ability went through before a kill ability.

Tar, why were you so convinced I was scum?
So Nat allowed you to target yourself despite the exact wording of the ability... AND had the sentry guns activate on the day the action was used instead of the beginning of the next day? Wow, that's broken in half. Bad Nat, no biscuit.

Also, I see Richard Nixon was a) using Futurama flavor and b) metalviggable.

Speaking of that metalvig:
"Time, Dr. Freeman? Is it really that time again? It seems as if you only just arrived. You've done a great deal in a small timespan. You've done so well, in fact, that I've recieved some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily, I wouldn't contemplate them, but these are extraordinary times.

"Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you...if and when your time comes again.

"I do apologize for choosing what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of...well...I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime. This is where I get off.

"...We'll see about...that."

Good evening, Gordon Freeman(from Half-Life). The vorts saved you from the G-Man, but now…they want your help.

You are the
Townie Robo-blocker

Active Abilities-You may use one a day.

<Gordon Freeman, PhD.> Each day, you may target a player. Using your crowbar, you will prevent them from doing whatever action they planned on doing before. However, if you were to find something metal, you might just dismantle it instead.

Passive Abilities

<Unforseen Consequences> Don’t lynch the mod.
<Mutual Fiend> You know the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

Town Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are dead.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Isacc wrote:Btw, in case you wanted to know more about me.
"Dralnu! I thought I killed you!" Teferi yelled.
"Well, maybe you should think twice before trying to kill the undead."
Teferi thrusts a finger towards you. In that instant, the world disintegrated. In the air, you hear a laugh.
"If I can't kill you, I can at least contain you."

Welcome, Dralnu, Lich Lord(from Magic the Gathering). Once you summoned undead to serve you. After your death, however, you ended up here. Now you want to escape. But, first...

You are the
Mafia Jester-Of-All-Trades

Factional Abilities
<Mafia Daytalk> You may speak to Number Six(Kinetic) and Amante(forbiddanlight) at any time in this quicktopic(http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/8yxCs2g8U3dsA). Additionally, you know they are mafia.
<Mafia Kill> Each day, Number Six may choose a player to kill. In the event of his death, you gain the mantle of control. Then Amante if you die. Your kill method is "Skewered". If you commit the kill, you cannot use any active abilities.
<Mafia Safeclaim> You know Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir(from Magic the Gathering) is not in the game.
<Mafia Falseclaim> Once in the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilities, I will create a fake PM with those abilities.

<Counterspell> Once during the game, you may target a player. Any actions that player takes that day will fail.
<Think Twice> Once during the game, you may target a player. You will learn that player's rolename.

Passive Abilities
<Mystical Teachings> All Active Abilities are restored upon your death.
<Careful Consideration> You may continue to speak in-thread and use abilities as long as you are in the graveyard.
<Mutual Fiend> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

Mafia Win Condition: You win when the mafia are the last faction remaining or nothing can prevent the same.
I like this role. A lot.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Here are everything that I have for this game:

Kinetic: Number Six
Stef: Dralnu
forbiddanlight: Amante
MafiaSSK: Etna
hp[leaves]: Bender
Illumina: GMan
Tarhalindur: Gordon Freeman
Veerus: Engineer
Pesco47: Haruhi
Kairyuu: Lain Iwakura
Spambot: Winston Smith
Vi: Richard Nixon

Changes: Slight Role PM templating changes.
Cleared up corner-cases in modnotes.
Changed Dralnu's safeclaim & buffed him a little(retains vote after death).
Buffed Amante(Became treacherous lover).
Significantly buffed Etna(Cannot be killed except by lynch as long until she uses abilities, made Swear In a factional ability).
Removed Post Restriction from Prinnies(However, they do now know that only other prinnies will say dood).
Nerfed Gordon Freeman(If he kills/dismantles objects, roleblock fails).
Made Jesus Christ's Divine Intervention one-shot.
Slightly nerfed Haruhi's The Cake Is A Lie(now roleblocks all active abilities except SK kills)

All abilities not sent in at deadline are ignored.
<flavor>

Welcome, Number Six(from Battlestar Gallactica). You have been sent to this mindfrak for a whirlwind fourth time to do the work of you god. This time, however, your god's intention is...malevolent at best.

You are the Mafia Beloved Godfather.

Factional Abilities
<Mafia>You may speak to Dralnu, Lich Lord(XXX) and Amante(YYY) at any time. Additionally, you know they are mafia.
<Mafia> You may choose a player to kill each day. If you die, then Dralnu will take over. Then Amante. Your kill method is "face stolen". If you commit the kill, you cannot use any Active Abilities.
<Mafia> Once in the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilities, I will create a fake PM with those abilities.

Passive Abilities
<Last> In the event of your lynch, the next day will end in a No Lynch.
<Master> In the event of your lynch, you will appear as Number Six(from Battlestar Gallactica), Beloved Townie the next day. Additionally, you will show up innocent(or the closest thereof) in any investigation that targets you.
<Robot> You are a robot. This may or may not have any in-game significance.
<Mutual> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town.

You win when the mafia is the last faction remaining or nothing can prevent this.
<insert>

You are the Mafia Jester-Of-All-Trades.

Factional Abilities
<Mafia> You may speak to Number Six(XXX) and Amante(YYY) at any time. Additionally, you know they are mafia.
<Mafia> Each day, Number Six may choose a player to kill. In the event of his death, you gain the mantle of control. Then Amante if you die. Your kill method is "Skewered". If you commit the kill, you cannot use any active abilities.
<Mafia> You know Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir(from Magic the Gathering) is not in the game.
<Mafia> Once in the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilities, I will create a fake PM with those abilities.

<Think> Once during the game, you may target a player. You will learn that player's rolename.

Passive Abilities
<Mystical> All Active Abilities are restored upon your death.
<Careful> When you are killed, you no longer count towards Win Conditions. All your other abilities(including your vote) are still intact.
<Mutual> You know that the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

You win when the mafia are the last faction remaining or nothing can prevent the same.
<insert>

Welcome, Amante(from Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars). You ended up in this world after a black hole absorbed your Orbital Frame. Now you have teamed up with two like-minded people to conquer this planet.

You are the Mafia Seductress.

Factional Abilities
<Mafia> You may speak to Number Six(XXX) and Dralnu(YYY) at any time. Additionally, you know they are mafia.
<Mafia> Each day, Number Six may choose a player to kill. In the event of his death, Dralnu gains the mantle of control. Then you do if Dralnu dies. Your kill method is "Raped". If you commit the kill, you cannot use any active abilities.
<Mafia> You know Mebius(from Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars) and Alyx Vance(from Half-Life 2) is not in the game.

<Seduce> Each day you may target a player. Until the end of the day, if you die, they will too.

Passive Abilities
You win when the mafia are the last faction remaining or nothing can prevent the same.
<insert>

Welcome, Etna(from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness). The underworld has many access hidden realms, and one of them is here. However, you don't care about that. You just are here to gather some more subjects for your lord.

You are the Vassal Recruiter.

Factional Abilities
<Vassal> You know Flonne(from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) is not in the game.
<Vassal> Once during the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilties. I will make a role PM using those abilities for you.

<Swear> Each day, you may target a dead player. That player will be revived in the game as a Vassal Prinny.

Passive Abilities
<Princess> You are unkillable by any means besides lynch until you use any active abilities.
<Awww> In the case of your death, all other Prinny-aligned players will die.
<Mutual> You know the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

You win when Prinnies are the only faction remaining or nothing can prevent the same.
Only works on people in the graveyard. If Winston and Etna target the same person during the same night, Etna’s ability has precedence of Winston’s.

Upon conversion/revive, the player gets the following PM.
Well, dood, that sucks. It seems someone ressurected you as a Prinny, dood!

You are now a Prinny Vassal.

Factional Abilities
<Your> Etna(XXX) is your liegelord. Protect her at any cost.

Passive Abilities
<Inside> You know that you will die if Etna is killed. Additionally, only Prinnies will use the word “dood”.
<Rest> If at any time you are in the graveyard, you will be Removed from the Game.
<Mutual> You know the G-Man(from Half-Life) is in the game and is not town-aligned.

You win when the Prinnies are the only faction remaining or nothing can prevent the same.
<insert>

Welcome, Bender(from Futurama). Over the years, you have realized fleshbags are useless. And you should kill them all.

You are the Robo-Supremacist.

Factional Abilities
<Serial> You know you are the only role from Futurama in the game.
<Serial> Once during the game, you may send me a name and list of abilities. I will create a role pm with those abilities.

<Werecar> Once during the game, you may kill a player. The kill method for this is “Ran over”.
<Bender> Once during the game, you may kill a player. The kill method for this is “Bent”.
<Bite> Once during the game, you may roleblock all actions other players take that day.
<Cheers> Once during the game, you may have a drink with a player. That player will be drunk and you will choose who they target, if anyone, with any active abilities that night.
<Magnets> Once during the game, you may put magnets on two players. Any targets they target will be switch for the remainder of the game.
<Power> Once during the game, the next day, the mod will be a robot and you will learn the identity of one other robot.

Passive Abilities
<Robot> You are a robot. This may or may not have any in-game effect.

Please note that you DO NOT have a factional kill. You win when only robots are alive.
Power On! Changes Jesus’s alignment and turns him into a robot until the end of the day.
Cheers! Simply changes target, does not tell Bender ifthey have an active ability or anything. Also, if that player is tracked by Lain Iwakura, then they will be seen to have targeted Bender’s chosen character, even if they don’t have an active ability.
<insert>

Good evening, G-Man(from Half-Life). Gordon Freeman ended up here due to those blasted vortagaunts, and you have to protect your assets.

You are a Neutral Liason.

Factional Abilities
<Liason> You know that Chairman Mao(from Mao: the Card Game) is not in this game.
<Liason> Once during the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilities. I will create a role PM with those abilities.

Passive Abilities
<NDAs> As long as you are alive, the following rule is in place. <0> The first rule is I can’t tell you the other rules.
<Assets> You know that Gordon Freeman(from Half-Life) is in the game, is town-aligned, and is played by XXX.
<An> As long as you are alive, Gordon Freeman cannot be killed.
<The> If at any time you would die, you will leave the game permanently. You will show up as “The G-Man(from Half-Life), Neutral Liason, Entered the Vortescence Day X”. Any abilities that target you in the graveyard will have no effect.

You win if Gordon Freeman survives to the endgame(that, however, doesn’t mean he has to win. It simply means he has to get there).
Win Condition does not end game and is checked when any other faction fulfills their win condition.
<Insert>
Good evening, Gordon Freeman(from Half-Life). The vorts saved you from the G-Man, but now…they want your help.

You are the Townie Robo-blocker.

<Gordon> Each day, you may target a player. Using your crowbar, you will prevent them from doing whatever action they planned on doing before. However, if you were to find something metal, you might just dismantle it instead.

Passive Abilities
<Unforseen> Don’t lynch the mod.
<Mutual> You know the G-Man is in the game and is not town-aligned.

Gordon Freeman, PhD kills Bender, Richard Nixon, and Number Six. It removes any wiretaps and engineer inventions from players, though. If he dismantles an Engineer Invention, then both the player with the invention and the Engineer are notified of this.
If an invention is removed/player killed, the roleblock has no effect.
<Insert>

Welcome, Jesus Christ(from The Holy Bible). You are the son of God, and you want all the good people to be saved. So you will help them.

You are the Townie Son of Mod.

<Divine> Once during the game, you may protect a player from all death attempts(including lynch) that day. This ability resolves first, before roleblocks.

Passive Abilities
<Moderator> You will serve as the primary Moderator for this game. You co-mod is CO-MODERATOR, who is not a player in the game. You may discuss Mod matters with your co-mod at any time. You are responsible for posting vote counts, lynch scenes, and mod scenes, and you have perfect knowledge of the setup. Since you have an agenda in this game, you may not change the rules without approval from your co-moderator.
<Protection> You are immune to Moderator actions. (Moderator actions include prods, modkills, replacement, Rules Infractions, and the like. You may still be voted, lynched, targeted by player abilities, FoS'ed, and the like.)
<Invisibility> Other players do not know that you are in the game (they believe that you are the moderator). You may vote and FoS privately. If you do so, your vote and/or FoS will not be identified as such in the Vote Counts.
<Atonement> After death, the player who hammered you will die and the next day’s lynch will end in a No Lynch.

Even if I die, I will handle moderating. And yes, I can be culted. If I am unpersoned, I will delete all my previous posts(except the first and second posts, since those contain gamestate and rules information), but I will continue to post vote counts and modscenes.
<Insert>

Welcome, Haruhi Sizimiya(from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya). Once again you ended up in some sort of parallel universe. Yay. Well, you suppose you’ll help lynch the bad guys so you can leave here.

You are the Townie Dreaming Goddess.

<Dreams> Each day you may choose one of these abilities. The Aurora, Marleblanke Effect, Prinny Day, The Cake is a Lie, Love Thy Tentacle, Whack-A-Mole, Enter the Wired, Editor-In-Chief? Straight Ahead!!, Periodic Table of Elements. It’s ability will go into effect the next day.

Passive Abilities

What do they do?
<The> On the next day, any killing ability(Bender’s Werecar & Bender Bending, The mafia factional kill, Gordan Freeman’s Gordon Freeman, PhD, Jesus Christ’s Atonement, Engineer’s Sentry Gun, Lain Iwakura’s Nuke) all protect a player from death instead. All protections(Jesus Christ’s Divine Intervention, Lain Iwakura’s Smother, Engineer’s Dispenser) kill the player instead. All roleblocks(Dralnu’s Counterspell, Bender’s Bite My Shiny Metal Ass, Gordon Freeman’s Gordon Freeman, PhD, Lain Iwakura’s Time Out) motivate the players they target with a second ability. Additionally, all investigations(Dralnu’s Think Twice, Richard Nixon’s Wiretap, Lain Iwakura’s Stalk) get the opposite result. All investigation-altering abilities(Number Six’s Master of Diguise, Richard Nixon’s Watergate) give the opposite intended result. Etna’s Swear In makes removes the player from the game, but still converts them. Winston Smith’s Unperson resurrects players. Engineer’s Teleporter reverses the order of targeting. Gordon Freeman’s Gordon Freeman, PhD kills all non-robots and roleblocks robots.
<Marleblanke> The next day has a 48 hour deadline.
<Prinny> All players must say dood in every post.
<The> Removes all Wiretaps and Engineer inventions from players, removes all players in graveyard from game. Amante’s Seduce has no effect. All active abilities are roleblocked except Bender's Bender Bending.
<Love> Each player is partnered up with another player. They become lovers for the day. They may also daytalk.
<Whack> The first time a lynch is reached during the day, the vote count will be reset and I will show the alignment of the voted player.
<Enter> 3v3ry1 mu57 5p34k 1n 13375p34k.
<Editor> The first time a lynch is reached during the day, the vote count is reset and the voted player becomes king for the day.
<Periodic> For the remainder of the day, the number of mafia, self/neutral, and town aligned players will be in each vote count.
<Insert>

Welcome, Richard Nixon(from Real Life). You resigned to avoid impeachment and that made you surly. Then they resurrected you 1000 years later, and you were elected president of Earth. It is your duty to protect your subjects…er…citizens.

You are the Townie Wiretapper.

<Wiretap> You will place a wiretap on the targeted player’s body. Each day, it will reveal a bit of information about that player.

Passive Abilities
<Watergate> You will show up as a Serial Killer(or the closest equivalent) to all investigations that target you.
<Robot> You are a robot. This may or may not have any in-game significance.

The first day a wiretap is there, gets the flavor text of player’s role PM. The second day, gets one random non-factional ability. The third day, gets role name+alignment. If he wiretaps mod, same thing as others happen.
<Insert>

Welcome, Engineer(from Team Fortress). Well, your inventions are gone, but so are the spies sappin’ them.

<Construction> Each day, you may build one of the following inventions on another player: Sentry Gun, Dispenser, Teleporter. Only one invention may be on a player at a time. You may only have one of each invention out at one time.
-Sentry Guns will kill the first player not of the constructee’s alignment that targets them each day.
-Dispensers will protect the contructee from one kill attempt each day.
-When you build a teleporter, you must choose an Entrance person and an Exit person. The first person to target the Entrance person will instead target the Exit person each night.

Passive Abilities

Players are notified of it’s existence when he targets them, but not it’s effect.
<Insert>

Welcome, Lain Iwakura(from Serial Experiments Lain). Over the years, you’ve started to love computers so much that one day, you were sucked into one. And now you want out.

You are the Schitzophrenic Townie.

<No> Once during the game, you may choose a role from the following list: Vigilante, Doctor, Roleblocker, Tracker. Your role PM will change to that.

Passive Abilities
<Self> Each time you use the ability No, I’m Sparticus, you will take one less player to lynch.

If she choose Vigilante, role PM changes to
<Insert>

Welcome, Lain Iwakura(from Serial Experiments Lain). You were a little girl before, but you’ve grown into a vengeful young woman, haven’t you?

You are the Townie Vigilante.

Active Abilties—You may use one a day.
<Nuke> Each day, you may attempt to kill a player. The kill method for this ability is Nuke.
<No> Once during the game, you may choose a role from the following list: Vigilante, Doctor, Roleblocker, Tracker. Your role PM will change to that.

Passive Abilities
<Self> Each time you use the ability No, I’m Sparticus, you will take one less player to lynch.

If doctor…
<insert>

Welcome, Lain Iwakura(from Serial Experiments Lain). You were a little girl before, but you’ve become quite protective of your friends as of late…

You are the townie Doctor.

<Smother> Each day, you may protect a player from one kill attempt that targets them that day.

Passive Abilities

You win when all threats to the town are dead
If roleblocker…
<insert>

Welcome, Lain Iwakura(from Serial Experiments Lain). You were a little girl before, but now life’s moving ever so quick…everyone just needs to slow down a little.

You are the Townie Roleblocker.

Active Abilities—You’ve may use one a day.
<Time> Each day, you may target a player. You will prevent them from taking any actions that day.

Passive Abilities

If Tracker…
<Insert>

Welcome, Lain Iwakura(from Serial Experiments Lain). You were a little girl before, but your intellect has grown to incredible proportions.

<Stalk> Each day, you may follow someone around. You will see who, if anyone, they target.

Passive Abilities

<Insert>

Welcome, Winston Smith(from Nineteen Eighty-Four). In the Ministry of Love, something happened. They said this place was the next part of your rehabilitation, but you’re not so sure…

You are the Townie Unmaker.

<Unperson> Each day, you may target a player in the graveyard. You will erase that person from the records, removing them from the game.

Passive Abilities

Of course, making a person an unperson…
-Removes any trace of them in the first post.
-Deletes all their posts.
-Removes any reference to their name in other posts.
In short, they don’t exist. Or never existed.

Rules.

<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in 3 Official Warnings. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have both a vote count and a FoS (Finger of Suspicion) count. All players will have 1 vote and 1 FoS (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)
<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
<8> If a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<10> If deadline occurs without a full majority and a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, No Lynch will occur.
<11> You may elect to No Lynch any number of times during the course of the game. In order to No Lynch, one of the two following conditions must be met: either a majority of living players must vote no lynch, or no player receives a majority of votes before deadline. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is a modified Deep South setup, therefore there are no nights in this game. All abilities must be submitted during the game day and will resolve at the end of day unless otherwise stated.
<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as there may be actions that target you and you may continue to play. This rule is immune to Rule Zero.
<15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you may be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<16> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<17> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<18> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<19> I am the Son of Mod, which means that, while I am almost a god, I am fallible. Alert me of any mistakes and I shall attempt to rectify them in the best way possible.
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!
<21> Game-specific rule: Whenever a player breaks a rule that is not punishable by modkill, they will be informed that they have committed a rule infraction and told the post number where they broke a rule. For every 3 rules infractions incurred, the guilty player will require 1 fewer vote to lynch. (If the rule broken was a temporary rule, then its associated rules infractions will be removed when the rule is removed).

Day 3 actions:
populartajo chooses Whack-A-Mole
Isacc uses Mafia Kill on Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur uses Robo-block on veerus
MafiaSSK revive-recruits forbiddanlight
UROE unpersons zwet
Vi wiretaps MafiaSSK

results:
Whack-A-Mole in effect for Day 4
Tarhalindur NOT killed
forbiddanlight gets prinny PM
zwet needs to delete own posts
Vi receives wiretap results (illumina role info, mafiaSSK random ability)

Day 4 actions:
Isacc uses Mafia Kill on Illumina
populartajo chooses The Aurora
veerus constructs dispensers on Tarhalindur
Vi wiretaps Isacc
MafiaSSK revive-recruits Vi

Results:
M-M lynched
Forbiddanlight died of Jewish guilt Day 4
Illumina killed, "The G-Man(from Half-Life), Neutral Liason, Entered the Vortescence Day 4"
The Aurora activated for Day 5 (No-lynch from Atonement switches to Lynch)
Tarlindur has dispensers
Vi receives Wiretap results and Prinny Vassal PM

Day 5 actions:
Isacc uses Mafia Kill on Tarhalindur (changes to protecting Tar)
Tarlindur blocks UROE (changes to motivating UROE)

Results:
MafiaSSK lynched
Vi died along with MafiaSSK

Day 6 actions:
Isacc uses Mafia Kill on populartajo
Tarhalindur blocks Isacc

Results:
Jahudo lynched
The end justifies the means.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by veerus »

Tar, can you explain why you were so zeroed in on me?
-Fight Club
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Natirasha »

1 Post. That's all I'll say. I'm sure you all hate me anyways...

First and foremost, I screwed up a LOT. Between my emotional breakdown and the month of no internet, along with possibly the most confusing game ever, I messed up. Quite frankly, I have lost all actions and all...everything, really. I'm sorry to M-M for giving him such a fucked up game.

Second, I was too broad-reaching. I mean, I experimented too much with the game. I shot for the moon and scalded on the sun. If anything, this game taught me my limits as a mod.

More tomorrow, it's 11 here.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Natirasha »

A bit late, I'll just post a few role-related notes and disappear.

GMan: His role gave me the idea for the game, I liked the ultimately protown, but not town role. The addition of Mutual Fiend gave him what amounted to a turbo-miller ability.
Gordon Freeman: I love the crowbar, and the I needed a roleblocker. The metal only kill was there mostly for the engineer's psuedo-counter.
Number Six: After so many games, Number Six has become a miller. The idea that he is either a townie who looks mafia or actually is a mafia member is starting to wear in. So, instead, I asked: What if he is a mafia member, who actually looks like a townie.
Dralnu: I needed an actual use for Winston...Plus, I wanted the mafia to have a great bussing partner, and he's obviously it.
Amante: Since death is pretty meaningless in this game, I thought a treacherous lover was an ok idea. The role PM was crap, though. I should have made it more clear.
Bender: The actual reason for the metal kill, so that bender wouldn't win. I never actually meant to confuse you all with the S&S metal, but, well. I liked the idea of a SK who couldn't rely on his kill. Bender had a lot of ways to fuck with the others, but only two real kills.
Etna: I couldn't leave without a cult, and an idea I had had for a long time running was that of a "reviver cult". This was one of the more successful roles in the game--expect to see this once again, in the future, if I ever do a crazy game again.
Haruhi: A staple, except in this game I tried to make her something of a "restart button". I just wish some would have worked more.
Winston: My favorite role. I liked the confusion his ability made. In a perfect world, this role would have been nominated for best role idea, but if anything, I want to forget this game ever existed.
Lain: While I was looking in the Worst Role Idea, I saw the Spartacus role, and I ran with it. This was my final idea. Another of my favorite roles in this game.
Engineer: I was experimenting with buildings and "perma-inventions". If you look at my recently added Mini Theme(e.t.a. July 2009), you might think this will be back.
And now, the most controvertial role, Jesus.
My idea with Jesus was that of bringing the mod into the game in a way that, well, made him a player. I put a few restrictions on myself to prevent me just saying who the anti-town was, gave a much ill-advised doctor ability, and let it be. I learned that that much mod control is a bad thing. I will NEVER do this again.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”