Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:46 am

Post by HowardRoark »

unvote
vote JereIC

BOOM! That just happened.

HowardRoark - 2 (JereIC, Netlava)

JereIC - 3 (Light-kun, The Replacement, HowardRoark)

5 alive, 3 to lynch

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 950)
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Netlava »

Bleh... good game I guess. =/
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 am

Post by The Replacement »

I don't think you and Howard are likely to be scumbuddies. I also think the speculation about Light being a possible one-hit extra kill mafia to pretty wild speculation on Jere's part and then going back on that. Like trying to paint him as a suspect, but then backing out of it when he realized it probably wouldn't work. I see no reason to throw out far-fetched theories.

So of the possible scum pairings I find Jere/Howard to be most likely followed a bit further by Jere/Net and trailing in last is Net/Howard followed by any pairing with Light.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:18 am

Post by JereIC »

Heh, maybe I shoulnd't have asked for a prod after all. Gratz scum, y'all deserve this one.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 am

Post by orangepenguin »

In the end, though, I did not kill my sister. She did it all on her own. Or at least this is what I tell myself.

HowardRoark - 2 (Netlava, JereIC)

JereIC - 3 (Light-kun, HowardRoark, TheReplacement)

The town knew their numbers were getting low. Without a doctor around, the chances of survival were even slimmer. The suspect pool was low - only four people truly were considered as suspects.

Howard soon began to become the #1 suspect, after one of the penguins in town swore they saw blood near his sleeping spot. The Replacement was nowhere to be seen, and you figured you'd be able to hang Howard all on your own, but Light-kun disagreed.

"It's Jere" he shrieked, in a high-pitched voice.

Netlava and Jere disagreed. Howard did too.

The Replacement returned and walked towards Jere and glint in his eye. Before you could blink, Howard got out of Netlava and Jere's flippers and managed his way over to the other two. "Let's do this" the all agreed.

The walked up to Jere, one of them had the rope. Minutes later, Jere was hanging from a rope, practically an icicle. Afterall, his heart no longer beat. It wasn't until then, that the growling started..or was it laughter?

JereIC -
Vanilla Town / Adelie Penguin
- Lynched Day 4
Last edited by orangepenguin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:17 am

Post by orangepenguin »

"Something makes me uncomfortable... Why JereIC over HR?" Netlava asked, puzzled over the death of Jere. "He was innocent!" Netlava screamed, although he was not certain, for JereIC's identity remained a mystery to him and everyone else.

"Want me to take care of him?" Light-kun asked. The two nodded their heads, holding back their laughter and hunger. Light-kun dived down to the bottom of the ocean and quicky soared up to the surface, doing an impressive flip in midair. Netlava was confused.
What is HAPPENING?
And right then, a red dot appeared in the center of his white penguin chest, as water soared like a bullet - from Light-kun's bullet whole on his backside. "Be right back" Light-kun said, going under to get some fish to celebrate their victory.

As quickly as Netlava died, The Replacement and Howard were all over him, their teeth showing and instantly ripping him to shreds. Netlava was no more.

"Guys, good news. I got some krill, some fish, and even a couple oysters" Light-kun said, excited to get the party going. Light-kun was glad the mafia was dead and was glad (as an orca, seperate from his friends and family) he was able to get along great with these penguins - he refused to eat them himself. He was known around the colony as a pescatarian and friend to all penguins.

"Really" Howard said, uninterested. "I'm still hungry" the Replacement grinned, baring his bloody teeth at Light-kun. "How about you Howard? I'd
kill
to get my hands on something to eat."

"Well, dig in. I got enough for all of us!" he said, glad to be of service. And he did have enough. While he turned his attention way, about to hand over some fish, Howard was on his back, near the blow hole. Not even seconds later, The Replacement was tearing away at the tail fin, blood beginning to spurt.

The two were having a whale of a time. Eventually, Light-kun was in 73 different pieces, floating above the blood-stained water. Afterward, they even finished up the food Light brought to them, although it was nowhere near as satisfying.

There was nothing left here to eat, not even a k, so the two leopards seals moved on, looking for new prey to kill. Even though tubby was gone, it didn't matter. More for them to eat. Besides, he was not the same as them. They were soul mates, designed to kill, investigate only the leftovers.

Antarctica, the most beautiful place on Earth.. honestly.

--

Netlava
-
Vanilla Town / Adelie Penguin
- Killed in Endgame
Light-kun
-
Vigilante / Killer Whale
- Killed in Endgame

Seal Mafia
Wins!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I want to thank you all for playing! Especially Light-kun and JereIC, who were my only originals at the end of the game, for staying with me on this icy continent and for Netlava, The Replacement and Howard (and all the other replacements) who managed to step up and replace into the game, when they could've easily could've passed. I appreciate all 20 of you (yes, 20 - 12 originals with 8 replacements through the course of the game) and I am really happy with the players I was able to mod. I found it funny that the entire scum team ended up being replaced by new people. I am sorry Matt - that was a WEIRD error, and I am sorry that you didn't get a chance to even play, but thanks for telling me - someone else could've easily took advantage and ruined the game, but you didn't. :)

I hope you liked my vote counts - which I stole from somestrangeflea. There was no pattern, honestly, but I tried to have them relate to life or death, somewhat. I think I failed with that. But at least I got every page. I am sorry about prods - I kind of slacked on prodding people when needed and I was a bit lenient with some, when I probably should've replaced them (which I ended up doing anyways).

I hope you guys enjoyed the game though and found my flavor bearable and I hope it made sense. I was going to do Penguin Mafia, but most of the games here are based upon location, in the Mini Normal Section, so I went with Antarctica, so it wasn't a penguin theme and was considered 'normal'.

Tell me what you think! Was it balanced? Okay? Any suggestions? The scum can post their quicktopic if they want.

Sorry if the orange is hard on the eyes! I might go with blue next time I mod instead, if that is the case.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Thank you for the great game, orangepenguin!!!!

I was waiting for The Replacement to show so he could vote and we could finish it off. (Thanks for finally coming and noticing that I was online . . . waiting!)

It was nowhere near a clean victory for us (I'll take a chunk of responsibility for that) and was well played by the town!!
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I wasn't great. I formally apologize for playing fairly sub par. I got zero scum reads on Howard, I couldn't build a case on TR, but I just *knew* he was scum. The case on Net was about the same as TR and I thought that they could be mafia partners, but then it occurred to me that Jere could be a partner with Net, and since I couldn't attach TR to anybody, I let it slip.

Sorry.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I totally expected Jazzmyn (before TR replaced in) to get lynched. Howard PMed me once the hammer on JereIC occured, so I figured that meant Howard was lynched. I was pleasantly surprised to see the scum coordinate and turn everything around and lynch Jere.

I knew the vig was going to end up claiming during the same - so I gave him the Killer Whale role, instead of, you know, an Orca. That way, people might think he is a SK, when he really isn't. Kind of how KW are always judged base on their name.

I thought the scum came up with some really good fake claims in the quicktopic, like that bird tubby was supposed to claim, but the moment he claimed Adelie penguin Rolecop, I knew he was done for. I think he could've been fine with the bird, because that would actually make sense.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

LK, you did pretty good, IMO. My only complaint is that you should've used your killing powers.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Light-kun: I knew I had to convince you to not shoot. There was a good chance that you would hit town based on what I could gather from your reads, but I wasn't willing to take it. I was hoping that my non-shooting stance would help win me some town points . . . that's exactly what I would be calculating as town. If you would, what made you decide that I was town?

@JereIC: Why were so against examining/lynching Netlava? I was debating pushing your connection for a while. How would that affected your views on alignment?

Our night talk link (QuickTopic) for those interested.

Jazzmyn came up with tubby216 claiming Chinstrap Penguin (looks like a British "Bobby"). If he had claimed that, I was going to claim the Snow Petrel as a watcher or tracker. (No, I hadn't quite determined my fake night choices.)

We probably should have taken JereIC out instead of Looker, but there was some concern of Looker having a power role.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:30 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Sweet, Jazzmyn was scum. I wasn't a total failure this game.

(Too bad I protected Howard :().
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 am

Post by The Replacement »

HowardRoark wrote:I was waiting for The Replacement to show so he could vote and we could finish it off. (Thanks for finally coming and noticing that I was online . . . waiting!)
Yeah, I got pulled away to a press conference unexpectedly. When I came back and saw your name under the users browsing this forum I voted figuring you'd be around and check before Light would come back. It worked out in the end though... for the seals.
HowardRoark wrote:It was nowhere near a clean victory for us (I'll take a chunk of responsibility for that) and was well played by the town!!
When I replaced in I was thinking to myself that the town was in a much better position to pull out the win than it first appeared.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:54 am

Post by tubby216 »

yah i need to appologize to my teamates had i only paid attention to the QT life would have been fine but at that time I had some serious real life issues goin on and this game wasn't a priority. But well played by all

good job modding OP i would gladly play in any game you decide to mod. If you do a large game based off of this one consider this my pre in.

that you to howard and the replacement for carrying my big heavy ass to the win
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by JereIC »

That was a lot of fun. I mean, any game involving penguins will be fun, but the excellent modding made it a lot of that fun.

Like I said, I think scum did a good job of throwing us all off and pitting us against each other. I'll have to read that QuickTopic over the weekend to see what y'all were thinking, though.

@LK, sorry for being a primo jackass towards you at the end - probably didn't help your play. ;)
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Wulfy »

JereIC wrote:That was a lot of fun. I mean, any game involving penguins will be fun, but the excellent modding made it a lot of that fun.

Like I said, I think scum did a good job of throwing us all off and pitting us against each other. I'll have to read that QuickTopic over the weekend to see what y'all were thinking, though.

@LK, sorry for being a primo jackass towards you at the end - probably didn't help your play. ;)
Meh... you looked scummy, to be honest...
>.>
I thought proving you were scum with Netlava or Jazzmyn was most obvious. I also got a zero scum read on TheReplacement. So, I figured the common denominator was easiest.
HowardRoark wrote:@Light-kun: I knew I had to convince you to not shoot. There was a good chance that you would hit town based on what I could gather from your reads, but I wasn't willing to take it. I was hoping that my non-shooting stance would help win me some town points . . . that's exactly what I would be calculating as town. If you would, what made you decide that I was town?
PoE and your summaries seemed fair and without general bias. Since I didn't have much suspicions of you at the time, I felt town. Also, your "no shoot" stance was + scum points actually.

@OP: I considered it... in hind sight, if I killed Jazz as I planned to do Night 3, things would have turned out differently, but my miscue is my miscue. I still wouldn't have pinned down Howard, but since I could then use Doc's protect (or the threat there of) in order to eliminate people without Mafia killing me, things might have been better. My bad, really.
w:l:d
2:3:0
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Netlava »

I liked the penguin theme. The killer whale especially. I didn't think of the water bullet idea.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I thought it was hilarious, when everyone thought LK fakeclaimed. "How would a killer whale carry a gun?" Hah.

But then again, how would penguins lynch other penguins? I guess I could've had them push the lynchee off a cliff or something.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hmm... actually, I don't think killer whales can shoot water like some other whales.

But either way, killer whales eat seals which eats penguins which makes sense. When tubby flipped seal, I realized that LK was pro-town.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I think killer whales also eat penguins, if I am not mistaken. And krill -- which penguins eat too.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”