saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 am

Post by saberwolf »

Sanjay wrote:Could you elaborate on that FoS, saberwolf?
I'm starting to wonder if what I think in my head ever comes across in what I type... >.<

I think Mufasa is trying to appeal to emotion. "You vote for me in every game" is much more effective than saying "This is the second time you have voted for me and the second game we have played in". The second one would be dismissive, but by saying it the way he did, he's trying to discredit my vote by saying, "don't mind him, he votes me every game anyways, so it means nothing". I feel only scum would need to appeal to this kind of tactic, the only problem I have is there's no need for scum to freak out this early with only one vote on them, and mufasa doesn't even attempt to play townish based on my meta read, so that's why FoS for now.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Are you going to respond to my accusation?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:31 am

Post by saberwolf »

Wickedestjr wrote:Are you going to respond to my accusation?
Are you talking about the post where you say respond to my vote? Why should I have to respond to it? I only have two votes on me, and neither one of them has a real credible reason for being there, therefore, I do not feel concerned over them or feel the need to defend myself.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Wickedestjr wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:Oh god, questioning my votes at the random voting stage! The horror!

:)

Anything else you'd like to say about the game thus far?
No, not really. I don't have much to say at the moment, unfortunately. :(
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by MrSuave »

well... after reading through all the shinanigans...

@wickedestjr
no I am not scum. anything else you would like to know? xD

on another note... why am I self voting to begnin with O_o. I don't understand. I must change this
unvote:MrSuave

aaaaand I will
vote: sanjay
because eeni-meen-minei-mo told me so. (out of all of the bolded names on this list of the first page ^_^)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I actually double-checked to make sure your eeni-meen-minei-mo story checked out. I'm glad it did, because I don't really know exactly how I would handle the implications if it didn't.

But I do have some questions:

Why did you decide to place a random vote instead of a real one?

Why did you decide to randomize your random vote instead of come up with a joke reason?
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by MrSuave »

well, after I read what everyone has said I got the feeling that a lot of it was OMGUS, and also all the reasons said so far don't persuade me enough to put my vote seriously. Plus I felt left out that I didn't get to put a random vote. I was gonna make a joke about voting dram/sw for being in everygame with me/having a really gay looking dp. But dram took that from me, and also I'm not witty enough to make a real joke comment ^_^;;

does that answer your questions? =p
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Suave: what for you determines when a game is out of the RVS? Is RVS important to you? Does anybody stand out to you at this point, for game related reasons?
Show

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

A bunch of silly comments about self-vote, added to answering other people's question without answering his own, give me a slight scum-vibe.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by MrSuave »

@saberwolf: well in my first game I kinda jumped on a wagon, and things heated up for me there because I had to defend myself against an onslought of questions I didn't expect from my noobyness. the second game was a bastard mod game, so things went fairly fast in that game too. like people dying in the day and such xD. So I guess when something catches my interest I guess that's when I feel like the game is out of RVS, but right now it's still pretty slow in my opinion (after a brief skim). All I saw was a bunch of people pointing and OMGUS voting. =/ if I missed something vital, then I guess I'll re-read, but so far nothing. Is RVS important to me? Well... I guess so? I mean the game really doesn't have a start without it. Even in rl mafia, usually the first thing out of someone's mouth is that so and so is mafia. and it goes from there. Does that answer that question? And so far, not really. I recall someone claimed that someone practically said that they are mafia, but that REAAAALLY didn't interest me, because if that were the case that person would be at like.... L-2 IMO. So far everyone is still in a early first day kind of game state. I might actually look at something right now, so I'll be back if I think it is worth posting about.

@dramonic: who are you talking to? O_o
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by MrSuave »

oookaaay, I've re-read (even though I thought that it was a waste of time), and I've found nothing worth while. Just a bunch of people going, hm he seems neutral in the RVS stage, and "we should really get out of this RVS stage". >_> well if everyone wants to get out of it, then dooo something about it. There was a candid convo about putting pressure on someone to get us out of RVS but that was it. >_> anyway. I also found that I was going crazy when I wrote the last post because there wasn't anyone who claimed to be scum. I don't know where I got that from. and btw when I say SW I mean Snow not saber xD.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

saberwolf wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Are you going to respond to my accusation?
Are you talking about the post where you say respond to my vote? Why should I have to respond to it? I only have two votes on me, and neither one of them has a real credible reason for being there, therefore, I do not feel concerned over them or feel the need to defend myself.
I'm talking about where you cast a second random vote. Why did you cast a second random vote? Do you think it helps?

MrSuave - If you are waiting for something to happen, then why not make something happen?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Wicked I have already explained this in my previous posts. Creating competitive bandwagons is good for town, as it lets them get reads off of other players, as scum scramble to get on or off certain bandwagons, and as player defend or accuse the ones in question.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Discussion Topic:

For those currently voting for BC or SW, are you satisfied with where your vote is? why or why not?

Who do you think is more deserving of your vote between the two?
Show

nook
nook
Townie
nook
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by nook »

Wickedestjr wrote:nook - What do you think of the things that have happened so far in the game?
Largely random votes coupled with a few accusations here and there. I'm not getting much reads yet.
Snow White wrote:Where exactly do you see these two bandwagons going exactly? All votes contribute to a lynch.
At the point of RVS, no, not really. I see them fueling discussion and dieing out, unless one of them starts dropping scumtells. But it generates good discussion and will leave clues for us to go over later.

At this point in time Santos and SolemnJ have yet to check in. Hmm.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by saberwolf »

And then, the piece de resistance:
Snow White wrote:Yay, someone rational!

Please answer why you find concentrating on two people who are probably most likely to be town better than spreading the wings and examining everyone equally?

(no one get cute, ive yet to see a RVS where one of the bandwagons is scum)

Comfortable with my vote atm.
trying to convince us that randomly landing on scum the first day never happens. Sure, it's very unlikely, but that's scummy to me if you are trying to use odds for your reasoning. I actually think that one of these two BWs is scum..question is, which one?

Now that I've done all this, I'd have to say it's Snow White who appears the scummiest of the two, hence, my vote stays with her.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by saberwolf »

BloodCovenent wrote:Let's skip the RVS,
Vote: BloodCovenent.
the only post that can be used of BCs

Scummy in the fact that he self-voted, yet I've seen several town including myself do this. I don't like the fact that he wanted immediately out of the RVS, but then that's a topic most of mafiascum is split on.

Snow White wrote:What?! 2votes. Dramonic why? :(

Lol. In case any is wondering...
Unvote

Confirm vote, Lowell
I have my reasons. :D

@DeathNote. Why risk BC like this, for all you know he could have a power role. Is it worth such a risk? :?
shows emotion to the fact that she was voted for. Then defends BC with IMO a stupid reason. The matter of the fact is, ANYBODY could be a power role...does that mean we just don't lynch? Course not, which is why we take the risk...if they turn out to be a VIP, they can claim, and we can decide whether or not to trust them.
Snow White wrote:Ehm, why not?

Vote Blood Covenent
because im a grammar nazi on the sly. :D
Snow White wrote:
Unvote Blood Covenent

Explain to me why you wanted to skip the RVS. even though its possible to gleam information from it.

Secondly. Why call for a bandwagon and then FoS myself, Mufasa and Lowell for obliging you. ;)

@ Lowell.

I do hope you'll be more active in this game?

Vote Lowell
Looks like a mild bussing attempt. Voting to appear scumhunting and then immediately takes it off so that others don't follow suit. The odds that we hit two scumwagons on day 1 is very unlikely, yet you never know.
Snow White wrote:@ Saber. How are competing bandwagons useful for town? We should examine everyone as equally as possible instead of concentrating on two random individuals to avoid what could be an inevitable mislynch.

Unvote, Vote Saberwolf
Here I get OMGUS voted, which we all know OMGUS = scummy

And then, the piece de resistance:
Snow White wrote:Yay, someone rational!

Please answer why you find concentrating on two people who are probably most likely to be town better than spreading the wings and examining everyone equally?

(no one get cute, ive yet to see a RVS where one of the bandwagons is scum)

Comfortable with my vote atm.
trying to convince us that randomly landing on scum the first day never happens. Sure, it's very unlikely, but that's scummy to me if you are trying to use odds for your reasoning. I actually think that one of these two BWs is scum..question is, which one?

Now that I've done all this, I'd have to say it's Snow White who appears the scummiest of the two, hence, my vote stays with her.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Post by saberwolf »

ignore 115, its suppossed to be part of 116, computer screwed up.
Show

SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:12 am

Post by SolemnJ »

/hello.

hm...
All things are based on perspective.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:11 am

Post by almightybob »

saberwolf wrote:For those currently voting for BC or SW, are you satisfied with where your vote is? why or why not?
For now, yes. I've yet to hear a good explanation of why BC wanted to skip RVS by self-voting. There's nowhere else right now that I can think of where I feel my vote would be better placed, which is why it's still where it is.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:20 am

Post by almightybob »

Hm. I posted 119 before I read your 116.

It makes good reading. You've swayed me for now.

Unvote, vote: Snow White
BC, I still want a good explanation from you.
saberwolf wrote: Here I get OMGUS voted, which we all know OMGUS = scummy
This part, I disagree with. I've seen far too many noobTown OMGUS their way to their own lynch. I don't think OMGUS is a reliable scumtell.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Snow White »

The hell? Obviously joking is not allowed in this very serious of games.

1. Showing emotion is not prohibited. I wasnt taking the votes very seriously until the past few posts and wheni made use of smileys they are for funsies.
2. On defending BC. Its a fairly logival question to DeathNote. I wanted to see what he would reply and perhaps get discussion started which is good.
3. I voted BC because he asked. I wanted to see what he would say to it and votes were piled on. This was beyond my control.
4. I have just finished a game with Lowell where he relentlessly lurked his way into his own lynch apart from being innately scummy in what he did post. I unvoted BC and revoted Lowell (who i had just noticed was in this game) to get a reaction and some banter going as the game we had been in proved rather fun.
5. NO. You got voted because i am finding you ever more infuriating. And i will soon compile a small case of things i do not like about you this game Saber. My vote was used for pressure because i felt your vote on me was unjust after
Saber wrote: Avatar avoidance = scum! :P
What i considered to be clearly a joke then followed with what i then considered quite a serious vote.
Saber wrote:
Vote Snow White
Because 2competing BW's are useful for town IMO
or something to the same effect.
Saber wrote:
Snow White wrote: (no one get cute, ive
yet
to see a RVS where one of the bandwagons is scum)
trying to convince us that randomly landing on scum the first day never happens.
I have NEVER said "i have NEVER seen a RVS where one of the BW are scum" I said i have YET to see one. Do not twist my words Saber.

Frankly, why are you holding BC to being scummy when clearly what he wrote he wrote as a joke. Is your humorous missing?

Lastly, ill do a very serious re read within today and post up tomorrow what i believe has been noteworthy to date. Not only on Saber but on everyone thus far with some credible input.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:56 am

Post by almightybob »

Snow White wrote:
You got voted because i am finding you ever more infuriating.
And i will soon compile a small case of things i do not like about you this game Saber.
My vote was used for pressure because i felt your vote on me was unjust
Which is it?
And for the record, infuriating =/= scum. If your case is based on things you do not like about saber, it won't cut much ice with me. If you have something to suggest he's scummy, that's a different matter, but being annoyed is not a good reason for a vote.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Snow White »

My vote is staying because im infuriated.
Arrogance is scummy. I feel as though im being hunted and i dont expect that this early in the game from someone supposed to be town.

Also the way he placed his vote on me was scummy imho. Ill elaborate soon.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Sorry, I should have noted a V/LA for the weekend. I was working heavily on a paper.

I will get a post up tonight, answering everyone's questions. Sincere apologies.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”