Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Votecount as of this post:

Vi(2): Ojanen, Scien
SerialClergyman(2): Sando, PorkchopExpress
Albert B. Rampage(2): SerialClergyman, Zorblag
Sando(1): Debonair Danny DiPietro
Scien(4): Amished, Vi, VP Baltar, charlatan

Not Voting(1): Albert B. Rampage
With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

Scien wrote:I was checking after I prompted him for more. I finished and came back after you posted. Nice opportunism there though.

I'm around, but also at work. Are you guys really telling me you want immediate actions out of me?
So you are suggesting that it took you over an hour to find a couple games where Vi used the L-# in her voting?

Which games did you look at and how did you find them?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Scien »

Vi wrote:VP Baltar and Ojanen didn't bother to explain their votes. Your vote partially raised my "interest" because deliberate insults tend to do that, and partly because you then decided to push a reason onto your vote that was explained, albeit not satisfactorily.
I didn't explain my vote until post 73. I did however question a play of yours after I voted. I hadn't used it in a case at that point, and I never said my vote was due to the suspicions my question was designed to investigate.

Please show me where I said that the reason I voted you is because you place l-#s on your votes. You won't be able to. In fact, this
entire
discussion started after my vote. It didn't prompt my vote, or even relate to it until you all said that it was a case tied to my vote, which is incorrect.

My vote was no different than theirs other than it was later, and that I asked a question outside it as well.
Vi wrote:A similar question could be asked of you. There are now more people voting you than there were voting me. Why is my vote worth more attention?
You are suggesting that I investigate myself since I have more people on me now? I don't need to, I know my role. However I don't know yours.
Vi wrote:And you'll notice I didn't reply to your trumped-up accusation. It was essentially the same thing you said earlier, but in a more menacing tone.
That was the idea.
Vi wrote:So we're on the same page, your position is:
*I'm not particularly scummy
*You don't know who else could possibly be scummy after two pages
*You think you're being "picked on" by me in particular, and three other people in general
1) No not particularly scummy. But worth looking at at the moment. It would be hard for anyone to be bad enough to be 'particularly scummy' on page 3 of a game that really didn't start until page 2.
2) Nope. 2 pages. I have barely even begun to form my opinions on people... that would be why I was trying to ask and question instead of pushing cases. You have cases on two people here on page 2? Holy crap you are good. You don't have to give the case if you think I am deflecting, but who is number 2?
3) Nah, I wouldn't say you are picking on me. I think you are stretching things a bit. Everyone does in day 1. And its not like I haven't given you an excuse for looking my way. You should be suspicious of people suspicious of you too, given that you have a pro-town role. If you are scum, then it would be good to push suspicion towards people looking at you... so your play in this regard is a null tell to me. Did I say that I thought you were 'picking on me?'

VP wrote:So you are suggesting that it took you over an hour to find a couple games where Vi used the L-# in her
I am suggesting I went looking and was pre-occupied. It was lunch time for one. Second I am simultaneously doing work. I checked recent posts on her/his profile, and found a couple of games that (s)he did indeed post l-#'s.

The games, er, I didn't take notes but I could find them again if you wish. I remember one being on the first or second page of recents, and one on the second or third. I remember him being a mod in one thread hat I checked, so I had to move on. After I found the second I stopped looking and took his word for it. Probably went to lunch at that time, then came back and posted. And yes, addressed your concerns at that time.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Scien »

@VP I say probably because I don't remember if I started a run of something I am testing before or after lunch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Vi »

Scien 76 wrote:
Vi wrote:VP Baltar and Ojanen didn't bother to explain their votes. Your vote partially raised my "interest" because deliberate insults tend to do that, and partly because you then decided to push a reason onto your vote that was explained, albeit not satisfactorily.
I didn't explain my vote until post 73. I did however question a play of yours after I voted. I hadn't used it in a case at that point, and I never said my vote was due to the suspicions my question was designed to investigate.

Please show me where I said that the reason I voted you is because you place l-#s on your votes. You won't be able to. In fact, this
entire
discussion started after my vote. It didn't prompt my vote, or even relate to it until you all said that it was a case tied to my vote, which is incorrect.

My vote was no different than theirs other than it was later, and that I asked a question outside it as well.
Technicality, etc.
Your vote became different when you pressed me for scum.
Scien 76 wrote:
Vi wrote:A similar question could be asked of you. There are now more people voting you than there were voting me. Why is my vote worth more attention?
You are suggesting that I investigate myself since I have more people on me now? I don't need to, I know my role. However I don't know yours.
I'm pretty positive that wasn't what I was saying.
There are four people voting you. What makes my vote so different that you're pressing me exclusively?
Scien 76 wrote:You have cases on two people here on page 2? Holy crap you are good. You don't have to give the case if you think I am deflecting, but who is number 2?
You DO realize I was voting someone for non-random reasons before I switched to you. In addition, I'm curious as to whether SerialClergyman is playing this game, or is posting in the wrong thread.
Scien 76 wrote:Did I say that I thought you were 'picking on me?'
Does that even matter?
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:43 am

Post by charlatan »

Scien wrote:@VP I say probably because I don't remember if I started a run of something I am testing before or after lunch.
Scien, two questions:

1) What did you have for lunch?
2) If you could have had anything for lunch today, regardless of price, rarity, preparation time, etc., what would it have been?
3) Do you have any food allergies?

(Gotcha, that was three questions.)

Your answers to these questions determine whether I move my vote to Vi or not. Is that copacetic? Thanks ahead of time.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Scien »

Vi wrote:Your vote became different when you pressed me for scum.
Heh. I asked you a question. You said you didn't want to even respond. I pressed. You wanted me to what, just shut up?
Vi wrote:What makes my vote so different that you're pressing me exclusively?
The fact that we are talking, and they just pretty much played follow the leader. The only thing that was added to this discussion from the other parties were legitimate little quips that I have addressed. I do not suspect anyone more due to the reasons for the vote switch.
Vi wrote:You DO realize I was voting someone for non-random reasons before I switched to you. In addition, I'm curious as to whether SerialClergyman is playing this game, or is posting in the wrong thread.
Ok, fine answer. Nothing came of that initial vote so I didn't know if it was minor game start stuff, or legitimate concerns coming from you.
Vi wrote:Does that even matter?
You are the one that brought it up. I was just curious about the reasons why? I didn't recall acting like your attacks were unfair, I don't know of any reasons why you would ask me if I thought so. Were you just testing if I would add something ridiculous to my current concerns?

Charlatan wrote:1) What did you have for lunch?
2) If you could have had anything for lunch today, regardless of price, rarity, preparation time, etc., what would it have been?
3) Do you have any food allergies?
I'll play along I guess.
1) Beef and Cheese Enchilada's with beans and corn. From our cafeteria.
2) Regardless of all concerns? My mom's lasagna, stuff is ridiculously good. Probably has been a couple years since I have had any. Plus I am just a simple guy and doesn't care for overly expensive stuff.
3) None that I know of yet. I can't drink a lot of milk without getting cramp like things, but a couple of glasses is just fine.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Scien »

Dang now I want Lasagna.

FoS Charlatan. >:(
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 am

Post by charlatan »

Me too.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Vi »

Scien 80 wrote:
Vi wrote:Your vote became different when you pressed me for scum.
Heh. I asked you a question. You said you didn't want to even respond. I pressed. You wanted me to what, just shut up?
Wrong press. I'm talking about what you said immediately after voting me, about the (L-#).
Scien 80 wrote:
Vi wrote:Does that even matter?
You are the one that brought it up. I was just curious about the reasons why? I didn't recall acting like your attacks were unfair, I don't know of any reasons why you would ask me if I thought so. Were you just testing if I would add something ridiculous to my current concerns?
...after looking at it again, I don't think I was correct here. Apologies, etc.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote: VP Baltar
...Vi is a he.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: VP Baltar
...Vi is a he.
Take your lady boy obsession elsewhere.
YOUR AD HERE

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Scien »

Scien wrote:So... do you always put the L-# on your votes Vi? Seems to take pressure off when you are early on a wagon... like now.
So after a question that was pretty much a play style question, my vote's meaning changes? I made no accusations based off it yet. That was all part of the trump up to get you to respond to me.

You think that this question was major enough that it was then the only element of a case that was the only thing responsible for me voting you? Even after I am telling you otherwise?
VP wrote:Take your lady boy obsession elsewhere.
O_o
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:17 am

Lay off on the drugs VP Baltar.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Scien wrote:So after a question that was pretty much a play style question, my vote's meaning changes? I made no accusations based off it yet. That was all part of the trump up to get you to respond to me.
What was it then if not an accusation? What were your other reasons for voting Vi?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Vi »

Scien 86 wrote:
Scien wrote:So... do you always put the L-# on your votes Vi? Seems to take pressure off when you are early on a wagon... like now.
So after a question that was pretty much a play style question, my vote's meaning changes? I made no accusations based off it yet. That was all part of the trump up to get you to respond to me.
It could pass as an accusation, yes... and you DID make it an accusation soon afterward. Considering you had just gotten done saying DIE V
I
-SCUM, one would expect your next post to be in that same tone.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lay off on the drugs VP Baltar.
It's a touch late for the intervention. I have some coconut rum, however, if you're ready to see things my way.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:22 am

I will bonk you on the head and drag you kicking and screaming to rehab with britney if I have to.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Scien »

As stated before, my initial vote was just a pressure vote, I was adding to a wagon.

The question was a play style question. Something I thought was odd, and I wanted to look at a bit. I have never played with Vi, IIRC, and I don't know anything about him. I was/am feeling him out.

I only trumped it up to an accusation after I received 'Scien is not worth replying to' as a reply.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Scien »

Vi wrote:Considering you had just gotten done saying DIE VI-SCUM, one would expect your next post to be in that same tone.
Hah. Fair. I didn't mean it as an accusation in its original context. Even when I tried to sound all mean to get you to talk I didn't really suspect you would use such a tactic. I was trying to illicit a better response outta ya.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Vi wrote:/confirm again

Vote: PorkchopExpress
(L-6)
I don't follow why you voted SerialClergyman.
VP Baltar wrote:
[s]PE[/s] Vi wrote:I don't follow why you voted SerialClergyman.
I agree, why didn't you vote Vi there?
Because I'd noticed that he had confirmed once, but I hadn't noticed that about Vi. Would voting Vi have been preferable to you, VP?

@Vi: Apparently your first vote was non-random. Can we take this to mean it was serious? If so, your suspicions are based on what exactly?
Zorblag wrote:1. What was your role in the aborted version of this game?
2. Did you know before the game started that Friends and Enemies is intended to be run with 3 mafia and 3 masons?
1. Vanilla Townie.
2. I knew nothing about the setup until it was posted here in the thread.

I'd like to hear from DDD and ABR on the Scien/Vi exchange.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Votecount:

Vi(2): Ojanen, Scien
SerialClergyman(2): Sando, PorkchopExpress
Albert B. Rampage(2): SerialClergyman, Zorblag
Sando(1): Debonair Danny DiPietro
Scien(4): Amished, Vi, VP Baltar, charlatan
VP Baltar(1): Albert B. Rampage

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Immoral Acts: 0
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Amished »

@Charlatan: Apparently Scien's answers weren't satisfactory to you to move to Vi?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Vi »

PorkchopExpress 94 wrote:@Vi: Apparently your first vote was non-random. Can we take this to mean it was serious? If so, your suspicions are based on what exactly?
Your vote was not random, but the reason behind it wasn't quite solid. Did you have another reason for voting SerialClergyman?
PorkchopExpress 94 wrote:I'd like to hear from DDD and ABR on the Scien/Vi exchange.
There's someone else who hasn't commented on the exchange that you're missing.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:07 pm

There's nothing for me to comment on until the two are willing to bet their life that the other is scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

That's probably cause you be the scumz with Scien, ABR. I calls 'em likes I sees 'em.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Open Games”