drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

HOLY SHIT GUYS!!!
I was joking and just saying that I hate playing with a missing player, because if he is scum then he slips under the radar and we won't lynch him.
Also @ Raj, you just said "I've been trying not to OMGUS you because that would make me look to scummy, but now that I can justify it by post nothing again, and even more fluff I will OMGUS you and maybe people won't figure out I'm scum"
I LOVE my vote.
And @ Jim finn- STFU and unvote me you make no sense, you just seem like opportunistic scum right now and if I didn't know your meta I would vote you
#freeShotty
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS!!!
I was joking and just saying that I hate playing with a missing player, because if he is scum then he slips under the radar and we won't lynch him.
Also @ Raj, you just said "I've been trying not to OMGUS you because that would make me look to scummy, but now that I can justify it by post nothing again, and even more fluff I will OMGUS you and maybe people won't figure out I'm scum"
I LOVE my vote.
And @ Jim finn- STFU and unvote me you make no sense, you just seem like opportunistic scum right now and if I didn't know your meta I would vote you
This I agree with. Both of those votes look absolutely pathetic.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

jasonT1981 wrote:guys, I am really sorry however I have to replace out, there has been a death in my family and I will not be about too much to play mafia. Again, I am sorry. The mod has been notified.

Jason
I'm very sorry for your loss :(

Drshotty replaces in... I'm going to keep my judgment to myself on this one lol

Strike that... Shotty's intro post is actually pretty good! Yay for not being PL bait! :lol:
GhostWriter wrote:Pretty much what you said? All you said was:
mongoose wrote:Are you one of them? jk. I dont see what the whole "policy" fuss is about at all.
And that doesn't sound at all like someone disagreeing with policy lynches. Like, at all.
QFT.

Coach Travis seems to completely ignore mongoose's case on him in his post 86.

Raz replaces out due to lack of interest. I can understand that as it's been a slow game so far. But what I don't like is Mar's following post. Why would you like your vote if he just said he's replacing out because he's bored?

Shotty asks for a modkill... eek.
FoS
at least.

Vote: Coach Travis
Ignoring cases is scummy.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I really haven't been into this game so far, but ignoring posts directed at me is something I rarely do, so I'll fix that here.
mongoose wrote:
unvote, vote coach travis

All right, I don't post too much and that post was a bit short and didn't contribute much. The point of the post was to try and figure out what the point of the whole policy lynch thing was. At that point I really didn't have a point to make about anything else, since I wasn't getting any reads.

Coach travis says my post was bad and suspicious, but doesnt really explain, right after he agrees with my post. He also says anti hero is town because his post was good. Again, no explanation. He also hasn't made any serious posts outside of this one.
And hes a Raiders fan.
Yeah, I'll admit my vote was lazy, I'll do that sometimes where I have a serious reason for voting, but just don't actually give it. Definitely something I need to work on. Anyway, it was mostly that your post just felt like a way to avoid being seen as lurker without actually giving any real content. So, basically, it seemed like active lurking, because you really added nothing to the discussion. In fact, it was so vague I didn't even know what you were trying to say, so that makes it seem even more like active lurking, which is scummy.

The main thing about that Anti Hero post was how he pointed out your suspicious activity, so that showed he was scum hunting. I also liked his response about not discussing discussion, and instead actually giving content. Seemed like he wanted to get the game going, which is more beneficial to town than to scum.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:
charter wrote:Looking for a replacement for Razgriz....

NO MORE REPLACEMENTS. NEXT PERSON WHO QUITS GETS MODKILLED. I EXPLICITLY SAID NO REPLACEMENTS.

I mean seriously, not interested :roll: don't sign up next time.
QFT; jason is justified, Raz's isn't.

Now,
@Mariyta (can I shorten that to "mari"?): Why do you really like your vote?
You can absolutely shorten it to Mari. Most people do. But when you're reading it, please do not pronounce it "Mary." It's "Mah-Ree." :)

I like my vote because it doesn't seem like an "I'm really busy and signed up without thinking" replacement. It seems like a "Well, crap. I signed up, got scum, and I don't like playing scum. This game sucks." Others may not see it that way, but Raz had a couple votes on him and he obviously was interested when he signed up (or why would he sign up?). It seems like a pathetic excuse to me. And I don't agree with the excuse that it's a slow start. Most games start a bit slow. If you want immediate action, don't start games; replace into them halfway through, instead. I hope his replacement proves me wrong, but my vote stays for now.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:05 am

Post by charter »

Locke Lamora replaces Razgriz.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hi all. Catching up now.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I rarely explain town reads. I'm not ignoring anything, I just think rajtown is so obv it DEFINITELY doesn't need explanation.

Welcome, Locke! MORE VOTES ON MONGOOSE ARE REQUESTED. Thanks.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'll start with a:

I find that he's spent the majority of his time talking about who he thinks looks town and very little time looking for scum. His minor attacks on Mongoose are about the only attempts towards scumhunting I can see. Suggests that he's thinking more about looking town rather than finding scum.

So when I was in the Sopranos Mafia with InHim and Raj, InHim buddied up to Raj fairly early, and they both turned out to be scum. You do this as town too, InHim?

Maritya: do you think scum replace out due to disinterest/dislike of the role more than town do?

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Mariyta »

I like Locke more than Razgriz already. UNVOTE:

Locke, yes, I do. Well, sort of. Obviously, there are more town, so more townies get replaced in general. But I think quite a few people lose a bit of interest when they get a scum role, especially if they're not super interested in the game to begin with. I'm speaking from experience (though I've never asked to be replaced). Scum is harder to play, and some people don't want to play that role at all.

I need to re-read before I place another vote.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

LL, we're best friends, so maybe I'm just biased? IDK. I have a good handle on rajtown, though, and this is it.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

locke: just to let you know inhim usually buddies up with me. prolly because he knows im a lose cannon and think he can read me well. i then know that if he doesnt support me then hes prolly scum. weve just played so long together its habit and if it doesnt happen then one of us is scum. if it does happen then we both are town, or both scum, or one is scum and we are following our normal game play not to look suspicious.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Mariyta »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:locke: just to let you know inhim usually buddies up with me. prolly because he knows im a lose cannon and think he can read me well. i then know that if he doesnt support me then hes prolly scum. weve just played so long together its habit and if it doesnt happen then one of us is scum. if it does happen then we both are town, or both scum, or one is scum and we are following our normal game play not to look suspicious.
Are you suggesting we lynch you both to make sure one of you isn't scum? :D
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:31 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

no, there is a great chance you will then lynch two town. then the town will be lead by shotty and coach, heaven forbid.
Show

raj's to do list:

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:33 am

Post by GhostWriter »

As far as I'm concerned, all I heard was that if one flips scum, I'm not trusting the other. Is it because they buddied like that? Nope. I'd have been fine with the way inHim explained things. But Raj's explanation leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

PREVIEW EDIT: Why do you say they would lead the town? And you say it like they would be replacing you. I wasn't aware that you were leading the town.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Raj: so what you're saying is you're both either scum or town? Think I'd figured that one out already.

Maritya: I'd say how hard scum is to play depends on the set-up and the quality of both the town and scum players. Sometimes players just replace out because a game's not quite what they expected, or they didn't read the rules properly. I had a newbie VT replace out of a game I was modding early on because after being under pressure at the start they felt they didn't have enough experience to play a mini at that stage. My view is that unless I have some meta info on that specific player so I know they hate playing scum, inactivity/replacing out is a null tell.

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:29 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:locke: just to let you know inhim usually buddies up with me. prolly because he knows im a lose cannon and think he can read me well. i then know that if he doesnt support me then hes prolly scum. weve just played so long together its habit and if it doesnt happen then one of us is scum. if it does happen then we both are town, or both scum,
or one is scum and we are following our normal game play
not to look suspicious.
lets all gloss over the most likely explanation where the last one is what happens. if i have to ill go ahead and link all the games weve ever been in. its really wifom, to discuss what kind of interaction happens right now.

oh and inhim buddies up with me. i dont really buddy up with him.
even though inhim is sold on me being town. i am always suspicious of inhim for most of the game.
Show

raj's to do list:

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:34 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Welp, that previous post couldn't have been aimed at me.

Also, you never answered me.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

oh i just ment a policy lynch on inhim and i would leave players like those two, who i think are scummiest slide into day 3. i didnt realize that you were asking me that question. and that post wasnt directed at you. it was anyone that was getting derailed by this conversation.
Show

raj's to do list:

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Policy lynching never comes before the lynching of scummy players. Hands down. Not in any game I play in. Not when I have a say so in what's going on. It's just that, now, if you both seem scummy, you're easy to link together.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Mariyta »

horrordude0215 wrote:Coach Travis is town
horrordude, what was this about?
-Susan Ertz

Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'll start with a:

I find that he's spent the majority of his time talking about who he thinks looks town and very little time looking for scum. His minor attacks on Mongoose are about the only attempts towards scumhunting I can see. Suggests that he's thinking more about looking town rather than finding scum.
That actually isn't unusual for me. See, I feel if I can find players I believe to be town, that will help narrow down the list of potential scum players, so I still think it's beneficial to the town. Obviously scum don't need to do such a thing, because they know who's scum and who's town, so they wouldn't need to worry about figuring out any alignment at all, where I like to figure out the alignment of everyone and point out whenever I have any type of read whatsoever. This has just been a game where so far I haven't seen a lot of things I'd call scummy.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by mongoose »

Mariyta wrote: I like my vote because it doesn't seem like an "I'm really busy and signed up without thinking" replacement. It seems like a "Well, crap. I signed up, got scum, and I don't like playing scum. This game sucks." Others may not see it that way, but Raz had a couple votes on him and he obviously was interested when he signed up (or why would he sign up?). It seems like a pathetic excuse to me. And I don't agree with the excuse that it's a slow start. Most games start a bit slow. If you want immediate action, don't start games; replace into them halfway through, instead. I hope his replacement proves me wrong, but my vote stays for now.
thats a really interesting take, though you could say the same thing about being a VT, in a game with so many interesting roles. Or he may not want the pressure or being QB. So I don't think it really is a scum tell.

also, mari, Horrordude voted for Coach travis.

I can understand Raj and inHim's closeness because they are good friends, or so they say.It happens with me and my friends on a different forum, so I can see where they come from.

Coach Travis wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:I'll start with a:

That actually isn't unusual for me. See, I feel if I can find players I believe to be town, that will help narrow down the list of potential scum players, so I still think it's beneficial to the town. Obviously scum don't need to do such a thing, because they know who's scum and who's town, so they wouldn't need to worry about figuring out any alignment at all, where I like to figure out the alignment of everyone and point out whenever I have any type of read whatsoever. This has just been a game where so far I haven't seen a lot of things I'd call scummy.
The problem is, if you say that 3 people are town, and you cant find any scum, that doesnt help. Any scum can do the same, and why shouldn't they. Its not like the townies you are pointing out were going to be lynched any time soon anyways.
Go Hawkeyes!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

mongoose wrote:
Mariyta wrote: I like my vote because it doesn't seem like an "I'm really busy and signed up without thinking" replacement. It seems like a "Well, crap. I signed up, got scum, and I don't like playing scum. This game sucks." Others may not see it that way, but Raz had a couple votes on him and he obviously was interested when he signed up (or why would he sign up?). It seems like a pathetic excuse to me. And I don't agree with the excuse that it's a slow start. Most games start a bit slow. If you want immediate action, don't start games; replace into them halfway through, instead. I hope his replacement proves me wrong, but my vote stays for now.
thats a really interesting take, though you could say the same thing about being a VT, in a game with so many interesting roles. Or he may not want the pressure or being QB. So I don't think it really is a scum tell.
actually that is a great point i forgot to mention earlier. its clearly wifom, and probably was a weak reason to keep a vote on a person. good thing is, Locke is a great player and was able to get in the game easily.
if i had to choose between scum leaving or vt leaving i would have to choose scum, because alot of players, like running backs and wide outs dont have any night ability besides the fact that they have an ability.
Show

raj's to do list:

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

It's a bloody nulltell. Let's move past it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”