Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Mute »

RossWilliam wrote:@Mute - I like this fence very much, thank you lol. No but in reality, it's just that. I'm not as adept at picking up on scumtells as some players, so I watch and listen and contribute what I can. I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line. And in regards to everyone being here, thats true, but not everyone has done anything to really make them show up on my radar as town or scum. It's only the biggest posters that I'm noticing.
I'm gonna paraphrase an IC (or was it an SE? I forget.) from the newbie game I was playing prior to this one: Vote. Even if it's on a shaky platform, give yourself the stance and say "I feel X is scum because of Y." For now yeah discussion is good, and it's always a good thing to have as many opinions as possible.
I feel half-tempted to copy-paste his post but I'll refrain from it. It was rather long winded. Right now, you letting others do the talking for you comes off as scum opportunistic. But back to my question before: what have you noticed so far, and what's on your mind? If it helps to oust scum the better.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

RossWilliam wrote:@Vigilante - Is a vote without reason ever useful? I don't like that idea. To me, it looked like you voted Tasky with hardly any reason, and then once you saw other posters give their logic, Did the actions of the other players sway your reasoning at all? You made a vote that you could have easily withdrawed, but kept it once it looked like some other players had your back.
I see nothing wrong with voting without an accompanying reason. Even without a given reason, a vote can be used to pressure someone. In fact, that's the entire basis of the random stage: vote without real reasons to pressure and gauge reactions. When I voted Tasky, I had a reason that I have since explained. I just didn't give it at the time. Only you and VP Baltar posted about Tasky between my initial vote and my eventual reasoning for the vote and neither of you gave reasons that even remotely resembled mine. There was no reasoning of other players for me to have based my eventual reasoning on.

Besides, do you think that voting without a given reason is worse than not voting at all? Your vote is currently doing nothing. Mine is on someone I think is scummy.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Fine

Vote: Vigilante Ventriloquist

For reasons stated, your vote for Tasky rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think Tasky is too scummy, I think he's reacting like someone who was told he wasn't funny. I don't think scum would be making such a big deal of my question and called attention to himself.

Now my vote is doing something, but I still want to here more from Dizzle, Ellibereth, Pappums rat & Guderian
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Well, at least you have your vote out. Now let's look back at this reasoning of yours:
RossWilliam wrote:@Vigilante - Is a vote without reason ever useful? I don't like that idea. To me, it looked like you voted Tasky with hardly any reason, and then once you saw other posters give their logic, Did the actions of the other players sway your reasoning at all? You made a vote that you could have easily withdrawed, but kept it once it looked like some other players had your back.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm summarizing your reasoning as saying that I'm scummy because my vote without reason made it easy for me to sit back and see how my vote went over. Basically, it sounds to me like your reasoning is explaining why it was scummy that I voted without a reason, not why I'm scummy independent of that. Based on your casting of a vote after I explained why a reasonless vote is better than no vote, you seem to agree that a vote without reason isn't actually that bad. If you think I'm scummy for my vote, explain what exactly about my vote makes it scummy.

I also find it strange that you seemed to be implying (or outright stating, perhaps) in your last couple of posts that you didn't have strong reads, yet you feel the need to defend Tasky in your most recent post. Why did you defend him? Did you suddenly decide you actually have a strong read on him or have you had that for a while? If so, what other reads do you have?
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm not voting based on much. My vote for you isn't very strong, my reasoning for not voting Tasky isn't very strong either. But as it has been said, better to put a vote out there even if it isn't a strong one. I dont have a strong read on anyone, which I believe I said already. But if I'm going to vote, I'm going to go with whatever I've got, whether it is incriminating evidence or not.

I still really didn't think your reasoning for voting Tasky were strong. A gut feeling that someone seems nervous is impossible to argue logically with. There is no way anyone can say to you "Sorry VV, your gut is wrong." I feel like if you truly believe Tasky is scum, you could have found something more. He's already done alot more in this game than make posts with 2 exclamation points, but thats your only draw on him? If you are town, than your grasping at straws, and if your scum, you've placed a vote that can't be challenged. No one is going to argue against gut. You can argue against the conditions in which the vote was made, but you can't argue against the vote itself
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Well, I never said I was voting on much. To be fair though, the exclamation points weren't the only thing i was voting based on. They were simply an example of a pattern I was pointing out. You're right in saying it can't be easily challenged, but that doesn't change whether or not my reasoning is valid.

What I'm more interested in now is your out-of-nowhere defense of Tasky. If you really have only a weak read on him, as you now claim, why did you go out of your way to defend him? In fact, your defense of Tasky took up most of the post in which you put out your vote on me. That looks to me like you were using the fact that I was wrong as the bulk of your argument, which is very odd in conjunction with your supposed lack of a strong read. To be a bit more explicit about it, perhaps you know Tasky is town because you're scum and thought that would be the easiest way to attack me?

Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Guderian »

What is this I dont even...

Rob, where are you mate? Get in here. I know you like posting a lot.
Now my vote is doing something, but I still want to here more from Dizzle, Ellibereth, Pappums rat & Guderian
What is your vote doing, and why those people?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

VV, I'm not defending Tasky. What you call a defense wouldn't do a very good job swaying anybody's opinion on him. I was going to vote either one of you, and I gave my logic as to why I thought Tasky was less suspicious. I don't understand the logic that you're pushing.

Guderian, my vote is putting VV one step closer to lynch. That's all a vote does. And three of those people I named are the ones on the Mute Bandwagon from RVS who haven't said much otherwise. And you, you're in your own category., I liked posts 27 and 29 and I wanted to hear more, what you thought about the goings on. That's all.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Mute

The pseudo-ICing is far from genuine townie action, it reads to me as a scumbag freaking out because there's a largely town driven wagon on him right now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^ I don't get that vote at all AGar.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 am

RossWilliam wrote:VV, I'm not defending Tasky. What you call a defense wouldn't do a very good job swaying anybody's opinion on him. I was going to vote either one of you, and I gave my logic as to why I thought Tasky was less suspicious. I don't understand the logic that you're pushing.
Really? That's not what your post says.
RossWilliam wrote:Vote: Vigilante Ventriloquist

For reasons stated, your vote for Tasky rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think Tasky is too scummy, I think he's reacting like someone who was told he wasn't funny. I don't think scum would be making such a big deal of my question and called attention to himself.
This doesn't sound like you explaining why you find him "less suspicious." This is you explaining why you don't find him suspicious at all. Explaining why you don't think a player is suspicious = defending that player. The fact that you did so unprompted seemingly as justification for your vote on me along with your response to being called out on it is enough for me to
unvote, vote: RossWilliam

More opinions on RossWilliam would be nice.

Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Dizzle »

Mute wrote:Why Dizzle's yet to answer Ellibereth's question?For starters.
When he asked about my random vote? Well, it was random. Done.

@Gud - You've had a couple questions for Mute and Ross, any opinions of your own you'd like to share?
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Well, I never said I was voting on much. To be fair though, the exclamation points weren't the only thing i was voting based on. They were simply an example of a pattern I was pointing out.
A pattern of general nervousness or is there more to your vote I'm missing?

@Ross - The biggest thing I don't get so far about you why you changed your philosophy about voting. You said you didn't like voting "irrationally" as it could make you a target but as soon as Mute suggested that you vote, you do so. And for someone you admittedly don't have strong read on. Why listen to Mute?

@Mute - Are you indeed freaking out?
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:09 am

Yes, it was based on a pattern of general nervousness. I've since decided that RossWilliam is scummier and believe that RosWilliam being scum would likely make Tasky town.

Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Mute »

@Dizzle/AGar: Not at all.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 am

Post by RossWilliam »

@Dizzle: It wasn't just Mute that swayed me, I got this from VV too
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Besides, do you think that voting without a given reason is worse than not voting at all? Your vote is currently doing nothing. Mine is on someone I think is scummy.
Once there was more than one people criticizing me for not having a vote yet it was enough to get me to put one out, even if I might not keep it out.

@VV: It was my opinion of him. There was nothing to defend him from. It's anti-town to condemn someone for stating their opinions of another player. Don't you want to hear what everyone thinks? Or do you just want someone to lynch?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Guderian wrote:What is this I dont even...
Rob, where are you mate? Get in here. I know you like posting a lot.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/search.php?a ... 8&sr=posts
KATTTTTTTTTTA
Dizzle wrote:Well, it was random. Done.
Liar.

Methinks Mutey is at L-1?
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Nevermind I fail at counting.
FLASH OF GREEN
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

2nd vote count of day 1:

Mute - 5 (Dizzle, VP Baltar, Pappums rat, Ellibereth, AGar)
VP Baltar - 2 (Llamagod, Mute)
Rosswilliam - 2 (Tasky, Vigilante Ventrioquist)
Llamagod - 1 (Robcapone)
Vigilante Ventrioquist - 1 (Rosswilliam)

Not voting: (Guderian, Jerbs)

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than Friday Jan 14th at 3pm CST
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Unvote, vote Rob
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Ellibereth »

From a non-lurkerhunting standpoint...
I don't like Tasky and Dizzle.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Right now I'd like to know why pappums rat was so easily swayed by Tasky to change their vote, that strikes me as odd. Why Dizzle's yet to answer Ellibereth's question?
Muteeeee
I don't get why you're interested in these things. especially one of them.
FLASH OF GREEN
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Mute »

Ellibereth wrote:
Right now I'd like to know why pappums rat was so easily swayed by Tasky to change their vote, that strikes me as odd. Why Dizzle's yet to answer Ellibereth's question?
Muteeeee
I don't get why you're interested in these things. especially one of them.
Transition from the RVS to actual gameplay, just stuff to spark gameplay/discussion with.
Unvote

Right now I'm not confident enough to place a vote on anyone in particular, but I'm watching now AGar for using votes placed during RVS as his argument and for lack of real content so far. I'd like to hear from Rob/Jerbs as well.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Guderian »

@Gud - You've had a couple questions for Mute and Ross, any opinions of your own you'd like to share?
Hello Mr. Pot.

I think all these rumblings between VV and RossWilliam and Mute are interesting but ultimately fruitless.

Agar's vote smells wrong. I disagree that anything Mute has done with regards to the 'pusedo IC-ing' warrants a vote. Do you really believe mute is scum, and there were five town on him as of the time of your post?

Don't like Dizzle. Your questions seem to be without point.

Robcapone is lurking, while in other games he is quick to try and hunt down lurkers.

Vote: RobCapone
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

unvote, Vote:robcapone

Which other games Guderian?

Excuse making may commence, Robby boy.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Jerbs »

RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle: It wasn't just Mute that swayed me, I got this from VV too
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Besides, do you think that voting without a given reason is worse than not voting at all? Your vote is currently doing nothing. Mine is on someone I think is scummy.
Once there was more than one people criticizing me for not having a vote yet it was enough to get me to put one out, even if I might not keep it out.
So what you're saying is that if enough people tell you to vote someone, you will?
RossWilliam wrote:Is a vote without reason ever useful? I don't like that idea. To me, it looked like you voted Tasky with hardly any reason, and then once you saw other posters give their logic, Did the actions of the other players sway your reasoning at all? You made a vote that you could have easily withdrawed, but kept it once it looked like some other players had your back.
All votes have reasons. They just might not be good. If you vote to put pressure on someone, thats a reason. Unless you mean that voting without stating a reason is not useful?
RossWilliam wrote:I still really didn't think your reasoning for voting Tasky were strong. A gut feeling that someone seems nervous is impossible to argue logically with. There is no way anyone can say to you "Sorry VV, your gut is wrong." I feel like if you truly believe Tasky is scum, you could have found something more. He's already done alot more in this game than make posts with 2 exclamation points, but thats your only draw on him? If you are town, than your grasping at straws, and if your scum, you've placed a vote that can't be challenged. No one is going to argue against gut. You can argue against the conditions in which the vote was made, but you can't argue against the vote itself
you yourself said that a weak vote is better than no vote at all.

Vote: RossWilliam

@VV

Why would RossWilliam being scum make Tasky town? They just got into a little argument. That has no influence on whether or not they are scum or town

@Rob

Where are you? It's clear you're posting elsewhere. Lurking is bad for town, and a common way for scum to hide
FOS: Rob
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”