Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

/Inb4 juls votes me again! :shifty:
vote juls
:twisted:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:50 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: juls

I feel I can read you the best and earlier pressure on you will tell me your alignment.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Juls »

You can read me the best after not playing with me maybe once? Over a year ago? Wow, impressive. What kind of reaction would you expect.

OMG OMG OMG...farside voted me on D1 in the RV stage. *panic mode* :)

...and lets put this back where it belongs
Vote: Rhinox
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Juls »

Juls wrote:You can read me the best after not playing with me
but
maybe once?
Fixed.
Juls
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Maxous »

Klazam wrote: I’m really shitty on D1, because I haven’t figured out how to play well on D1.
Oh, same here! This also applies to day 2, day 3, day 4 etc. etc. :P

VOTE: Rhinox
This is your birthday gift from me.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Juls wrote:You can read me the best after not playing with me maybe once? Over a year ago? Wow, impressive. What kind of reaction would you expect.

OMG OMG OMG...farside voted me on D1 in the RV stage. *panic mode* :)

...and lets put this back where it belongs
Vote: Rhinox
I have a good memory when it comes to games I enjoyed. :wink:

I thought we played two games together?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Ha! I knew I wasn't going crazy. There was the one I replaced in and this one:

https://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewtopic.php?t=9728

pfft my memory is better then yours apparently.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am

Post by Juls »

I dont count that game. It was one of the first I played. I was very immature about the idea of getting targetted. I quit mafia over it for a while. That game is no indication of the player I came back as or am today. I remembered you in that one. When I say you "played" with me once that is what I meant. In the first one, I floundered. But somehow I think you know all that but I question your reasons for bringing it up.
Juls
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Juls wrote:I dont count that game. It was one of the first I played. I was very immature about the idea of getting targetted. I quit mafia over it for a while. That game is no indication of the player I came back as or am today. I remembered you in that one. When I say you "played" with me once that is what I meant. In the first one, I floundered. But somehow I think you know all that but I question your reasons for bringing it up.
I brought it up because whether some gets replaced or leaves do to frustration I do remember you in the game and I consider it playing with someone. When you said we played
a
game together I thought about the game I linked and maybe it was someone else I had in mind.
The last game we were in would be where I had a good read on you. No I don't expect you to go into fits over a vote but it was to get your attention and it's RVS.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 am

Post by ender241 »

Erratus Apathos wrote:OMG, neil obviously gave himself the best role! SHENANIGANS!
ender241 wrote:Have no fear! Ender's here! VOTE: neil obvscum
Ender tells us to "have no fear". Having no fear in this game is tantamount to letting your guard down. Why do you want us to let our guard down, Ender?
VOTE: ender241

You don't understand the situation, Erratus. With me being here we have no fear because i'm very skilled and very powerful. VOTE: Erratus, village idiot is a scum role right? ;)
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

/\Omgus?

amyways

VOTE: Maxous

oh, and happy birthday Rhinox :]
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

Thanks for the birthday wishes and votes everyone <3

Juls is voting me again, all is right in the world. :P
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Oso »

To RVS or not to RVS, that is the question....

Screw it, no RVS.

Calling it now. Erratus/Ender are scum

Erratus Post-24:Looks like it could be RVS but isn't. I'd say a serious poke at another player because it asks a rather damning question:
Why do you want us to let our guard down, Ender?
. Followed by a vote on Ender.

Ender Post-34: Counter votes Erratus, calls him an idiot.

Early distancing attempt.

VOTE: Erratus Apathos

/inb4:But Juls and farside are doing something similar, why not vote one of them? They aren't. Missing the vote/countervote component. Their back and forth is not attempt at distancing.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

interesting theory, but I'm more interested in this:
/inb4:But Juls and farside are doing something similar, why not vote one of them? They aren't. Missing the vote/countervote component. Their back and forth is not attempt at distancing.
Why are you anticpating responses/questions? IME, this is something I see scum do when they're trying to cover all their bases.

unvote, vote Oso
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Oso »

If I hadn't mentioned it, someone would have brought it up. I'd bet money on it.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Rhinox »

Why not just wait until someone brings it up then?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Oso »

Personal choice.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Oso »

EBWOP: That seems a bit too brief after I look at it.

If I'm certain I am going to asked a question about a post, I do try and preempt the question by answering in the post that is likely to generate the objection.
-
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

Well your personal choice sends me a message that you've spent time thinking about ways others could poke holes in your theory and/or accuse you of being inconsistent - that is very much a scum way of thinking, trying to make sure you don't look suspicious.

Preview edit: ok but my point still stands. And for the record, upon reading your post I didn't even think to draw a parallel between EA and Ender, and Juls and Farside, and wouldn't have thought to ask the question you pre-emptively answered.

From a town perspective, letting others ask the questions even IF they're obvious brings about more discussion which is good for scum hunting. Answering the questions you anticipate in advance shuts off the conversation opportunity for a selfish, scummy reason - trying to make sure you cover your bases so no one finds you suspicious.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Oso »

Rhinox wrote:..
From a town perspective, letting others ask the questions even IF they're obvious brings about more discussion which is good for scum hunting. Answering the questions you anticipate in advance shuts off the conversation opportunity
for a selfish, scummy reason - trying to make sure you cover your bases so no one finds you suspicious.
The bold. I understand what you are saying and in this case you are most probably right now that I think on it. As for the remainder there, not so much. I let my personal preference interfere in what was probably the best play in this situation.
-
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

Fair enough explanation, oso. But EGMEOU still.

Farside,
farside22 wrote:
vote: juls

I feel I can read you the best and earlier pressure on you will tell me your alignment.
I'm interested to know what about early pressure on juls will help you figure out her alignment, and how much pressure you expect her to feel if you basically say you're voting for pressure. In other words, if she's scum, do you think she can control her response to pressure since you tipped her off as to what you're looking for?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Rhinox wrote:Fair enough explanation, oso. But EGMEOU still.
EGMEOU? :neutral:
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Oso »

I'm unavailable for most of the rest of the day but I would like to point folks at Erratus' vote post here:
Erratus Apathos wrote:..
Ender tells us to "have no fear". Having no fear in this game is tantamount to letting your guard down. Why do you want us to let our guard down, Ender?
VOTE: ender241
and think on it. Or comment. Or don't. But any input would be welcome. What got me the most about it was it doesn't seem to be an RVS vote but it is the first 'real' post of the game so by definition, it can't be anything other than a joke/RVS vote. But it's not a joke or RVS vote. Look at the way it's worded.

The post itself is a contradiction.
-
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Juls »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Fair enough explanation, oso. But EGMEOU still.
EGMEOU? :neutral:
I think it was IGMEOU = I got my eye on u. Having trouble entering the conversation twisted? How do you feel about the interactions between ender/erathos? me/farside? rhinox/oso?

I like Rhinox's line of questioning at Oso and his reasoning about the pre-emptive defense. For that I proudly
Unvote: Rhinox
and
Vote: Oso
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Juls »

Oso wrote:....
and think on it. Or comment. Or don't. But any input would be welcome. What got me the most about it was it doesn't seem to be an RVS vote but it is the first 'real' post of the game so by definition, it can't be anything other than a joke/RVS vote. But it's not a joke or RVS vote. Look at the way it's worded.

The post itself is a contradiction.
I still think its an RVS vote. Sometimes people comment on what a previous person said in their OMGUS. Like, if I were to vote Rhinox and say "we're gonna beat you!" He might come back and say "we're? Well that tells me you are on a different team". It wouldn't matter. We would both be bantering. If it were a serious vote it would be a pretty pathetic reason.
Juls

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”