iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 am

Post by iamausername »

I don't see how having an overinflated opinion of his scum play in a different game makes him scum in this one.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

It doesn't. It does make it fun to lynch him tho'.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Mod – I’ll be V/LA from 3pm EST today until Wedensday for an actual Vacation. I’ll have very limited access to internet, most likely by phone during that time.

--

The amount of posts I see that are along the them of ‘I’m getting Town vibes from Zang despite his posting X,Y, and Z’ makes me suspect my read. Because I don’t see anything solid Town out of him. I sense some White Knighting may be afoot.

Hoppster’s post
observation about Zang’s inconsistent treatment of Ant and Snake re: content is a good catch.

CES’s
has definiatly crossed into complete uselessness from his slot. Bravo!

Still waiting to see response from Snake and Tar’s further replies to direct questions.

--

iam wrote:Unvote
VOTE: Ant_to_the_max

Elaborate on why highlighting the word Yet in that sentence is good support for your vote.

--

Pappums wrote:Since GMan isnt here, I'm going to go ahead and

Unvote
Vote: Hoppster

What happened to your stance that you were going to stubbornly have your RVS fun? GMan hasn’t posted and it was only 9 hours since you established said previous stance.

pappums wrote:All this talk about inspecting the wagons for scum is bullshit. It's RVS, people can claim any reason they want for voting someone in RVS, and no one would be any the wiser as to who is who unless someone makes a big dumb mistake, which probably isnt going to happen when the people in question are experienced players. That kind of scumhunting technique is better suited for looking into newer players.

Veteran players can and do make textbooks mistakes when scum in RVS. Because they are scum. The specifically have to craft their posts as opposing to playing naturally. I can point you to [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] at some later point. Some more scum-points for Mr. Pappums.

--

Zang wrote:Any scum lynched because of the RVS is either because of chance or their stupidity.

You don’t understand what I am saying. I’m not saying that scum are caught solely by RVS. I’m saying that RVS can and does contain valid information that can be used based on later play to catch scum.

Outright dismissing information from RVS as useless is stupid.

Zang wrote:You could randomly pick any 5 people in this game and odds are good that at least 1 scum is on there and that is pretty much what you are doing.

That’s a pure straw-man. I am hardly picking these players out at random. The fact that the first five votes of the game just fell on you isn’t random behavior.

Zang wrote:Yes, all the uniformed players but the lurkers didn't. At that point I was lurking pretty hard. The lurking as well as me calling it town vs town was actually because I was uninterested in the game and to lazy to properly analyze your posts because they were so boring. It had absolutely no relation to me being scum and anything I do rarely does except when claiming and possibly when only three players are left.

Insert face-palm pic here …
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Surye wrote:We're on page 2, I'm not being passive, I'm poking and prodding to see where people show scumminess. I commented on the Nexus and Hoppster interaction as I think there is something of note, but I don't have a read on the relationship between them. My reads will solidify and I will take a stronger stance when I have one.

Uh, WHAT? Prodding my foot - summary does not prodding make, nor does simply answering other people's questions.

-----

Hoppster wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:In other news: I'm of two minds about Hoppster, need to see more to judge.
Tarhalindur wrote:Hoppster and Nexus is probably a townie fight, with an outside chance of Hoppsterscum using questions to confuse the town. That's a very outside shot though.

What helped you to judge?

A gut read of "Hoppster and Nexus interactions look like the town-on-town fights I saw back before I took a break from the site, such as the D1 wagons in Mafia 87 - they're probably both town", solidified since that post now that I see you clearly taking stances in addition to questions.

Hoppster wrote:
pappums rat wrote:Anyways, I think all this dialogue between Surye and Hoppster is just a bunch of meaningless noise, and the wagons were not useful at all other than clumsily getting us out of RVS.

Meaningless noise? Did it not help further any reads on either of us?

What about the dialogue between Nexus and I?

Is that why you didn't vote on either of the wagons - they were too 'clumsy' for your liking?

What exactly do you want to get or are you looking to get out of your GMan vote?

My gut is telling me this is a scum-post where pappums-scum has read Nexus' posts about people not commenting on wagons and pappums-scum resultingly felt it necessary to post some comment on the wagons. The opinion of "the wagons were clumsy" just seems really... feigned.

How did I not notice that post earlier? :goodposting:

-----

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Tar wrote:Seeing a FIVE-vote wagon in a Mini game RVS was a bit of a surprise to me - I think there's got to be scum somewhere on that bandwagon. I'll keep it in mind for later.

That only holds true if Zang is Town. Do you think he is?

Uh, that holds true REGARDLESS of whether Zang is town - seriously, RVS is a great time to catch scum distancing from each other. The speed at which votes four and five were placed on him, however, suggests that Zang is town, and is a major reason why I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

MoI wrote:1. What do you think of Zang’s “I’ve got no opinion” statement?
2. You were the third vote on said five person wagon. Ostensibly you know you are Town. What was your reasoning for further pushing the wagon?

1) Missed it in my original post. It's scummy, but I could see it coming from a misplaying Townie.
2) You know, I could have sworn I'd already answered this question... ah yes...

Tarhalindur wrote:Can't speak for the rest of the people voting you, but I wanted a large early bandwagon to force people to take sides early, and you happened to be a convenient target.

-----

pappums rat wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hoppster is incredibly annoying to read. He constant refrain of “What reaction did you expect to get” is rather useless when he’s pre-empted the actual reactions from some players (Zang for example) with his questions. He’s peppered Nexus with a number of hypothetical questions that don’t serve any serious scum-hunting (“Would you put Zang at L-2 if he was at L-3?’) but more as a means to produce as “Gotcha, inconsistency” attack.

I agree with this statement. All Hoppster's questions thus far have been rather unnecessary and/or forced, and IMO it kind of sounds like he is trying to sound like he has a lot to say rather than actually having a lot to say.

Uh, really now? Barning with reasoning that has become craplogic given Hoppster's page 3 posts? Yeah no.

pappums rat wrote:^ Because I'm RVS'ing GMan, and will continue to do so until I am ready to leave RVS.

pappums rat wrote:
MoI wrote:RVS is not some separate part of the game that is independent from the rest. The notion of RVS is just the name we give to that awkward getting things rolling portion of the game.

That you want to cling to a vote that has no game relevant meaning in your eyes and not vote someone you specifically called scummy is very suspect.

Yes, I can understand why you would think that. I let my frustration with another game spill into this one and was pissed that this game took off so fast with the Hoppster/Surye dialogue. I did find Hoppster somewhat suspicious, but I wasnt going to let him detract from my fun in RVS. Once GMan replies in thread, I probably will vote for someone I find scummy, but not until then. :stubborn:

pappums rat wrote:All this talk about inspecting the wagons for scum is bullshit. It's RVS, people can claim any reason they want for voting someone in RVS, and no one would be any the wiser as to who is who unless someone makes a big dumb mistake, which probably isnt going to happen when the people in question are experienced players. That kind of scumhunting technique is better suited for looking into newer players.

Since GMan isnt here, I'm going to go ahead and

Unvote
Vote: Hoppster

for making more out of this bullshit than what is reasonably concievable, and because his dialogue with Surye on his end rang hollow to me.

Minor FOS
on MoI for reading too damn far into RVS votes.

1) Uh, reasoning during RVS may not be valuable, but vote count analysis during RVS certainly is.
2) Please point out examples of Hoppster "making more out of this bullshit than what is reasonable conceivable" and where "his dialogue with Surye on his end rang hollow". I'm not seeing it. I AM seeing scum trying to discredit a strong townie.

---

Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am also not feeling this wagon on Surye yet either. He seems to passive? Is it because he is just answering questions directed at him and not retorting with questions back?

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Ant wrote:This just happened in my other ongoing game...If I find out what it means, I will let you know

How does something going on in a DIFFERENT game have any relevance to the quick wagon on Zang.

Because I was trying to make a witty comment. A quick wagon built up on another guy in another ongoing game of mine. It made me think of that.

1) No, it's because he's not doing anything to catch scum.
2) "I saw a similar quickwagon in another game I was in, so by commenting on it here I'm being witty." Yeah, that doesn't add up to me.
3) You say that you're not feeling the Surye wagon "yet". Why "yet"? I don't see pro-town reasoning for that "yet".

----

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:This is pinging my scumdar a little bit. Zang has acknowledged the wagon on him, but then he doesn't pay any attention to who is on it. I would expect town to be looking more carefully at the people on the bandwagon, whereas scum would just look more generally at the number of people on the wagon.

Ok, I forgot CES was on my wagon. But why should I pay attention to it? Even more so, how am I supposed to pay attention to it? It's just an RVS wagon. I don't even see how I'm paying attention to the number of people on it. As long as it doesn't get up to L-1 and everybody unvotes then I have no opinion on it.

Zang wrote:
Magna wrote:3. You have no opinion on the wagon? If I was Town and arrived to find a L-2 wagon on me Page 2 I’d certainly have an opinion of some sort.

Why should I have an opinion on it? What sort of opinion am I supposed to have on it? IT WAS JUST RVS! It was reasonless, it gives me no insight on who is scum and who isn't and it was completely random.

There should be at least one scumbag on the RVS wagon on you, based on the speed of the wagon - and on the raw probabilities, for that matter. In fact, with that kind of wagon speed there is a decent chance of TWO scumbags on the wagon. If you're town, why not try to figure out who it is?

Zang wrote:
Magna wrote:It’s a throwback to ooba’s Smalltown Stardust Mafia. Jack and I got into a heated battle regarding some non-sense attack by him very early. Zang cruised in and called it a Town versus Town conflict. I very much see people calling early game interactions T v T without significant play to base it on as fairly effective scum-tell. I call it my Zang Tell because he’s the one who made it stand out in my mind.

In that game, it was a town vs town battle though and my alignment had very little to do with me calling it town vs town.

How much experience had you had with town vs. town squabbles D1 before that game? See, the reason I was willing to call Hoppster vs. Nexus town vs. town is because I've made a point of trying to identify them early after watching them derail townies (including myself) a few times (Mafia 87 D1 and D2 comes to mind).

Zang wrote:
Zang wrote:
Magna wrote:Feel free to disagree. You are still dead wrong. RVS is as valid a part of the game as any other. Scum have and will continue to be caught during RVS.

Any scum lynched because of the RVS is either because of chance or their stupidity.

X

The first large wagon of the game is often the most informative wagon in the entire game.

Also, Zang: Who do you think is scum and why? It's four pages into the game, after the RVS, and I haven't seen any posts from you about that rather important subject.

-----

Jury's out on iamausername, but post 72 looks more like what I remember of iam-town than I saw earlier in the thread.

In other news, where the hell is bv310?

Mod: Vote Count please
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Tar wrote:In other news, where the hell is bv310?

A good question.

Even better question -

Where in the hell is GMan?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Surye »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Surye wrote:We're on page 2, I'm not being passive, I'm poking and prodding to see where people show scumminess. I commented on the Nexus and Hoppster interaction as I think there is something of note, but I don't have a read on the relationship between them. My reads will solidify and I will take a stronger stance when I have one.

Uh, WHAT? Prodding my foot - summary does not prodding make, nor does simply answering other people's questions.

And funny, I seemed to get reaction. Hmmm.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 1

Zang 4: MOI, Corgito, BV3, Snake
CES 2: Surye, Zang
Snake 2: Hoppster,Tarh
Surye 1: Nexus
Hoppster 1: Rat
Ant 1: Username

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

GMan (1) has been prodded
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Tar wrote:In other news, where the hell is bv310?

A good question.

Even better question -

Where in the hell is GMan?

Wait, GMan is a player in the game, isn't he? And it's been 72 hours since game start, and I don't think he's V/LA...

Mod: Please prod GMan

(I still don't care quite as much as I do about bv310, but that's because bv310's random stage posts do NOT impress me. Top candidate for scum on the Zang RVS wagon.)

Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:

So you're claiming that you were deliberately acted scummy in order to draw reactions?

More to the point, who do you think is scum right now?
User out of ambit.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Zang »

Hoppster wrote:Why are you defending Ant's lack of content and then attacking SP's lack of content?

Ant was a page before snakes post and the only thing happening was you arguing with nexus. It was still debatable whether RVS ended or not. Besides, I didn't declare him as scum, I just said that I was minorly suspicious.

CES wrote:This claim is laughable. No matter how good you are at being scum, there is always going to be a difference and you're deluding yourself if you think you're an exception.

It's not because I'm so good at being scum, it's because I'm so bad at it. I just don't post with the intent to kill townies or purposely do scummy things in any way. I just play the same way when scum as I do when town and when town as I do when scum.

Also, how does me believing that show I'm scummy? Do you always try to lynch people at page three?

Magna wrote:You don’t understand what I am saying. I’m not saying that scum are caught solely by RVS. I’m saying that RVS can and does contain valid information that can be used based on later play to catch scum.

I stand by my point. Any information in the RVS that helps to contribute to a scum lynch later in the day is either through chance or their stupidity.

Magna wrote:That’s a pure straw-man. I am hardly picking these players out at random. The fact that the first five votes of the game just fell on you isn’t random behavior.

I don't see how that's a strawman. You are picking randomly. Your picking the  first five people to post, anybody else could have posted in their place and you would be talking about them instead. The fact that the votes fell on my is random behavior. The first person to post could have just as easily picked somebody else to vote for. 

Tahalindur wrote:There should be at least one scumbag on the RVS wagon on you, based on the speed of the wagon - and on the raw probabilities, for that matter. In fact, with that kind of wagon speed there is a decent chance of TWO scumbags on the wagon. If you're town, why not try to figure out who it is?

Like I have already said, I agree that there is most likely scum on it, but any attempt I make to find scum, if I do find scum then it would be mostly due to chance. Although, if there was something that was obviously scummy then I would vote for them.

Tahalindur wrote:How much experience had you had with town vs. town squabbles D1 before that game? See, the reason I was willing to call Hoppster vs. Nexus town vs. town is because I've made a point of trying to identify them early after watching them derail townies (including myself) a few times (Mafia 87 D1 and D2 comes to mind).

Besides that game I've had little experience with calling battles town vs town. Ive already given my actual reasons for calling it town vs town.

Tahalindur wrote:Also, Zang: Who do you think is scum and why? It's four pages into the game, after the RVS, and I haven't seen any posts from you about that rather important subject.

I'm voting CES and I FoSed two other people. If that doesn't show who I'm suspicious of then I don't know what does.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:27 am

Zang wrote:Do you always try to lynch people at page three?

I start trying to get people lynched on page 1.

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I like Zang's defense in #64 about not really caring about his wagon.
Should he have honestly been scared about being lynched on page 1/2? I think some people here are trying to force things to be a bit more serious than they are supposed to be.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. You are saying that the first five people to post and vote in this game just happen to randomly select you? Tar’s post alone where he RVS voted you and prompted discussion of that fact should clearly indicate there was more to it than complete randomness … Tar had clear intent to drive discussion.

I disagree with this. Why couldn't it be a random spur of the moment wagon?
And I think you are building up Tar's post WAYYY to much. His post was the third post of the game as well as the third vote on Zang. What did he want to discuss? Also, are you admitting that there was more to it than complete randomness? That would indicate that you,
narwhal
CES, and Tar had something planned. What is up with that?

iamausername wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am also not feeling this wagon on Surye
yet
either.

Unvote

I don't get it. You answered the question that was right after that sentence before you put this. But yet you still ripped this out of context to have a reason to vote me =/
I didn't fully understand what was being said about him and wanted a more descriptive reason. If I liked it, I might have joined the wagon. If not, I wouldn't have. And from your answer, I don't think it was a good case. Imo it is null unless he never follows through or does something.

Tarhalindur wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Tar wrote:Seeing a FIVE-vote wagon in a Mini game RVS was a bit of a surprise to me - I think there's got to be scum somewhere on that bandwagon. I'll keep it in mind for later.

Uh, that holds true REGARDLESS of whether Zang is town - seriously, RVS is a great time to catch scum distancing from each other. The speed at which votes four and five were placed on him, however, suggests that Zang is town, and is a major reason why I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hmm didn't see this one till Tar actually quoted it. That is interesting that Magna writes of the possibility of scum being on the Zang wagon if Zang flips scum. Covering tracks if Zang actually flips scum here?

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion

Next scummiest person on that wagon could be bv310. Vote to get the wagon going, but then a side note "oh look, a counter-wagon for scum mates to join because joining the Zang one at this point would look really bad..."
But of course that is only going off 2 posts :roll:
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

I am
V/LA for the weekend
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Elaborate on why highlighting the word Yet in that sentence is good support for your vote.

Think about it. Why would a town player say "I am not feeling this wagon yet"?

Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:

Apparently Surye was disappointed when I unvoted him, because he's really trying to earn it back here.

Zang wrote:It's not because I'm so good at being scum, it's because I'm so bad at it. I just don't post with the intent to kill townies or purposely do scummy things in any way. I just play the same way when scum as I do when town and when town as I do when scum.

And Zang apparently doesn't understand the game of mafia on even the most basic level.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
I don't get it. You answered the question that was right after that sentence before you put this. But yet you still ripped this out of context to have a reason to vote me =/
I didn't fully understand what was being said about him and wanted a more descriptive reason. If I liked it, I might have joined the wagon. If not, I wouldn't have. And from your answer, I don't think it was a good case. Imo it is null unless he never follows through or does something.

Did you miss this?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:12 am

Unvote, vote: Snake

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:37 am

Post by bv310 »

Tarhalindur wrote:
In other news, where the hell is bv310?

Short answer: Working stupid hours. Had 16 hours of work in 24 yesterday.

Caught up now, and this is the biggest offender atm.
Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
PPE:

Surye wrote:Interesting little exchange between Nexus and Hoppster. The FoS on pappums was odd to me, as I don't see not jumping on a wagon or counter wagon page 1 as scummy. I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

Since when is this townposting?
MFoS: Surye

I wish I could respond, but I don't see the problem that you obviously do :/

unvote, vote: Surye

You really don't see the problem here?

Honourable mention of Scumminess goes to Snake, for completely ignoring the building cases and instead trying to reboot RVS.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
bv310 wrote:Oooooh, Counter-wagons are fun.

Then why didn’t you try to start one as opposed to mindlessly wagoning along?

Because when I voted, there were only 2/3 votes on the primary wagon. It's not an effective counter until you're providing a clear alternative to the main.

pappums rat wrote:^ Because I'm RVS'ing GMan, and will continue to do so until I am ready to leave RVS.

This bothers me. I don't like people who refuse to leave RVS when actual things have happened in the game.

Incidentally, to respond to Snake's 3rd Q: The Weeping Angels. Blink was one of my favourite episodes.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:I like Zang's defense in #64 about not really caring about his wagon.
Should he have honestly been scared about being lynched on page 1/2? I think some people here are trying to force things to be a bit more serious than they are supposed to be.

No, but the question is, should Zang have been interested in who was on his wagon given its speed and size?

My current thought is that the answer to that question is yes, but I can see townZang not coming to that conclusion.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. You are saying that the first five people to post and vote in this game just happen to randomly select you? Tar’s post alone where he RVS voted you and prompted discussion of that fact should clearly indicate there was more to it than complete randomness … Tar had clear intent to drive discussion.

I disagree with this. Why couldn't it be a random spur of the moment wagon?
And I think you are building up Tar's post WAYYY to much. His post was the third post of the game as well as the third vote on Zang. What did he want to discuss? Also, are you admitting that there was more to it than complete randomness? That would indicate that you,
narwhal
CES, and Tar had something planned. What is up with that?

Tarhalindur wrote:Why yes, that is a three-vote random bandwagon in the first 10 posts

Tarhalindur wrote:Can't speak for the rest of the people voting you, but I wanted a large early bandwagon to force people to take sides early, and you happened to be a convenient target.

I think t

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am also not feeling this wagon on Surye
yet
either.

Unvote

I didn't fully understand what was being said about him and wanted a more descriptive reason. If I liked it, I might have joined the wagon. If not, I wouldn't have.
And from your answer, I don't think it was a good case. Imo it is null unless he never follows through or does something.

Underlined for emphasis.

The problem, Ant, is that there is nothing in the originally quoted post - or this post, in fact - to indicate that you were considering joining the wagon
because you thought he is scum
, and everything to suggest that you're scum who's waiting to see if a bandwagon develops on Surye before piling on.

Question is, is this because you are looking for a vulnerable townie or because you don't want to bus?

Ant_to_the_Max wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Hmm didn't see this one till Tar actually quoted it. That is interesting that Magna writes of the possibility of scum being on the Zang wagon if Zang flips scum. Covering tracks if Zang actually flips scum here?

Next scummiest person on that wagon could be bv310. Vote to get the wagon going, but then a side note "oh look, a counter-wagon for scum mates to join because joining the Zang one at this point would look really bad..."
But of course that is only going off 2 posts :roll:

Bringing up bv310 only after - and immediately after - I comment that I think he's most likely to be scum on the Zang wagon? Something is amiss here. And something about the way you phrased your reasoning for the MoI vote bugs me on a subconscious level.

bv310 wrote:Caught up now, and this is the biggest offender atm.
Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
PPE:

Surye wrote:Interesting little exchange between Nexus and Hoppster. The FoS on pappums was odd to me, as I don't see not jumping on a wagon or counter wagon page 1 as scummy. I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

Since when is this townposting?
MFoS: Surye

I wish I could respond, but I don't see the problem that you obviously do :/

unvote, vote: Surye

You really don't see the problem here?

Honourable mention of Scumminess goes to Snake, for completely ignoring the building cases and instead trying to reboot RVS.

Something feels amiss about this vote.

Let me mull.

Zang wrote:
Magna wrote:That’s a pure straw-man. I am hardly picking these players out at random. The fact that the first five votes of the game just fell on you isn’t random behavior.

I don't see how that's a strawman. You are picking randomly. Your picking the first five people to post, anybody else could have posted in their place and you would be talking about them instead. The fact that the votes fell on my is random behavior. The first person to post could have just as easily picked somebody else to vote for.

Tahalindur wrote:There should be at least one scumbag on the RVS wagon on you, based on the speed of the wagon - and on the raw probabilities, for that matter. In fact, with that kind of wagon speed there is a decent chance of TWO scumbags on the wagon. If you're town, why not try to figure out who it is?

Like I have already said, I agree that there is most likely scum on it, but any attempt I make to find scum, if I do find scum then it would be mostly due to chance. Although, if there was something that was obviously scummy then I would vote for them.

Why not push one of them to see if they would do something scummy?

-----

CES's lack of reasoning makes Tarhalindur a sad panda.

Iamausername is... I'm still working that one out.
User out of ambit.

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Tarhalindur wrote:

No, but the question is, should Zang have been interested in who was on his wagon given its speed and size?

My current thought is that the answer to that question is yes, but I can see townZang not coming to that conclusion.

Maybe interested down the road once things pan out a bit.

Tarhalindur wrote:

I think t

I think that someone forgot to finish their thought :P
But I think I know where you were going to go. You were probably going to say that you did in fact have a non-random reason to vote him. I'm commenting on the fact that Magna said "Tar had clear intent to drive discussion" when in your first post all it said was "discuss". Not really the strongest way to drive a discussion :roll:
BUT, you do give a reason later. So if I concede the point that your vote was not random but had purpose, that still leaves 4 other people.

Tarhalindur wrote:

The problem, Ant, is that there is nothing in the originally quoted post - or this post, in fact - to indicate that you were considering joining the wagon
because you thought he is scum
, and everything to suggest that you're scum who's waiting to see if a bandwagon develops on Surye before piling on.

Question is, is this because you are looking for a vulnerable townie or because you don't want to bus?

Ok. Let's remember the exact original post

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
I am also not feeling this wagon on Surye yet either. He seems to passive? Is it because he is just answering questions directed at him and not retorting with questions back?

The reasoning behind the wagon wasn't making sense to me. I asked for clarification. I didn't see his "being passive" as being scummy so I wanted to know what was up with that case.
Honestly...I have used that word before and no one has ever made a big fuss about it before. I'm really confused here.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Nexus »

Why aren't more of you voting Surye?

I'll only change my vote to Snake atm.
Trans rights are human rights.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:23 am

Tar wrote:CES's lack of reasoning makes Tarhalindur a sad panda.

I'm reasoning plenty, just fyi.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Zang »

iamusername wrote:And Zang apparently doesn't understand the game of mafia on even the most basic level.

How exactly do I not understand it? Also, your lack of content really bothers me.

CES wrote:
Unvote, vote: Snake

You're voting somebody because they're V/LA? How is that scummy?

Tahalindur wrote:Why not push one of them to see if they would do something scummy?

I don't understand your question.

CES wrote:I'm reasoning plenty, just fyi.

No, you're not. You may have reasoning but as long as you don't post it then as far as I'm concerned, you have no reasoning.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:

You realise you've still got your RVS vote down, right?

What exactly is the point of "teehee i baited u into reactionz" if you then don't follow up with a vote?

Zang wrote:I'm voting CES and I FoSed two other people.

Am I the only person who thinks the choice of words in 'two other people' is odd?

It's almost as if Zang couldn't remember who he was suspicious of... yet could somehow remember that he was supicious of exactly two people.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Hmm didn't see this one till Tar actually quoted it. That is interesting that Magna writes of the possibility of scum being on the Zang wagon if Zang flips scum. Covering tracks if Zang actually flips scum here?

So shouldn't you be voting Zang?

UNVOTE: SnakePlissken
VOTE: Ant

Your reason for voting MoI is, quite literally, "lol this is suspicious if Zang is scum".

Tarhalindur wrote:CES's lack of reasoning makes Tarhalindur a sad panda.

A sad and suspicious panda?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:36 am

Zang wrote:You're voting somebody because they're V/LA? How is that scummy?

Nope, that's not why.

Zang wrote:No, you're not. You may have reasoning but as long as you don't post it then as far as I'm concerned, you have no reasoning.

*shrug* It's a meaningful distinction, whether you like it or not.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

GMan has asked to be replaced. A search has begun
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Hoppster wrote:
So shouldn't you be voting Zang?

Your reason for voting MoI is, quite literally, "lol this is suspicious if Zang is scum".

You have it backwards

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”