Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

COVERT OPS MAFIA: GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:21 am

Post by Seol »

The year is 1986. The Cold War is at its height, but the nature of the war is changing. It's not about who's got the most nukes any more, it's about information, propaganda, strategy. It's a war of words.

RULES (Not stolen from anyone):

THE DAY:

1) Day is defined as the period between when I say dawn breaks to when I say night has fallen. There is no "twilight", if the thread is not locked you are free to talk.
2) Votes are to be submitted in the form
vote: Seol
. Unbolded votes will not be counted. Unvoting is unnecessary (unless you wish to have no vote). You may vote for any living player or for No Lynch.
3) I will end the day when either a player has a majority of votes (i.e. more than half the living players have voted for them) or three weeks have passed.
THERE IS A THREE-WEEK DAYLIMIT, THIS WILL NOT BE EXTENDED OR REVOKED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE NEED FOR REPLACEMENTS
4) When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will then reveal their role and proceed to Night. If No Lynch reaches majority, there will be no lynch.
5) If at the end of three weeks, no player has a majority of votes, I will halve the lynch minimum, and the player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, I will track the most recent vote changes to see who hit the higher figure first. If nobody has half majority, there will be no lynch.
6) Players may not communicate with each other about the game during the day, or reference the game in any material manner outside the game thread where other players may view it.
7)
I will not automatically prod or replace players for inactivity
. If a player needs replacing, I would appreciate that player letting me know directly. If anyone thinks another player needs prodding, I will send a prod. If anyone thinks another player needs replacing, I will consider that request.

THE NIGHT:

1) You may talk to other players at night
IF
your role allows you to and
ONLY WITHIN
the parameters of your role.
2) If you have a nightchoice, please submit it promptly. Nights will have deadlines, if I do not receive your nightchoice by deadline then you have missed your choice. I will not prod for nightchoices.

GENERALLY:

1) If you have questions about anything - especially your role's functionality - please ask. I guarantee a response, but not an answer. Questions asked by PM will receive a response by PM, questions asked in thread will receive a response in thread.
2) You may not quote anything material to the game from outside the thread within the game. That includes but is not limited to PMs from myself and comments about the game from third parties.

ALIVE (6):

6: Cadre
8: JSexton
11: montykins
13: Bogre
19: PookytheMagicalBear
24: The Goat

DEAD (16):

5: Coron - Domino - Vanilla Townie - Nightkilled Night 1
22: Frozen Atlantic - Chimera - Potential Mason - Nightkilled Night 1
21: lordy - Bloodwitch - Townie Wire-Tapped Vigilante - Lynched Day 1

23: Sailor Jerry - Badwater - Political Correction Agency Saboteur - Nightkilled Night 2

2: ChannelDelibird - Cuckoo - Townie Backup Hacker - Nightkilled Night 2

12: Der Hammer - Red Tiger - Red Collective Operative - Lynched Day 2

14: Yosarian2 - Dragon - Potential Mason - Nightkilled Night 3
9: Dur-Galad - Sphinx - Potential Mason - Nightkilled Night 3

16: Thesp - Siren - Red Collective Operative - Lynched Day 3

7: the_holy_thom - Amethyst - Vanilla Townie - Nightkilled Night 4

18: Mastermin of Sin - Hydra - Political Correction Agency Director - Lynched Day 4

17: three word name - Albino - Red Collective Operative - Lynched Day 5

4: DrippingGoofball - Duskshadow - Political Correction Agency Spy - Lynched Day 6

20: Glork - Edmond Dantes - Townie Hacker - Nightkilled Night 7
15: Sarcastro - Blindside - Townie Wire-Tapped Roleblocker - Nightkilled Night 7

10: Fritzler - Cotswold - Red Collective Operative - Lynched Day 7
1: logicticus - Mother - Red Collective Operative - Lynched Day 8

3: the silent speaker - Morningstar - Policitcal Correction Agency Assassin - Conceded Day 8
Last edited by Seol on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:30 am, edited 29 times in total.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:22 am

Post by Seol »

Coron: nightkilled night 1.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Domino". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You have no special abilities.

You win when all enemies of the Federation are dead.
Frozen Atlantic: nightkilled night 1.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Chimera". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You are a member of the elite Phoenix Unit for Disavowable Agents, one of many deactivated agents with no ties to the government, contacted only in times of emergency via a secret channel. It appears that this is just such an emergency.

Several enemies of the Federation have infiltrated your world. You know there are other Phoenix agents out there, agents you can trust. Each night, you may target a player. If they are a Phoenix agent, you will learn of their innocence and will be able to talk with them at night. However, if they are enemies of the Federation, they will surely kill you.

lordy: lynched day 1.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Bloodwitch". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. To assist the Federation in this capacity, you have a role in an elite assassination squad.

As it is too dangerous to have an open field agent directly assassinate other field agents - you would clearly be detected - you will be supported by a team outside the zone of conflict. Your role is to identify the best target for dispatch each night, and the team will follow up your recommendations and eliminate that target. In order to relay this target, you have been supplied with a small bugging system. We will be listening to you for a list of trigger words, which are: Explosive, Dynamite, Backstab, Knives Out, Choke, Stranglehold, Drown, Out Of My Depth, Shoot, Smoking Gun.

The way these are triggered is you must use one of the above words in a reply to the player you wish to target. Quote that player and only that player and slip the codeword into your response. Once a trigger word is used - in a valid targetting post or not - it is "dead" and cannot be re-used. The first post each day which satisfies these conditions will be the one which determines your target. Variants on the trigger words are allowable (eg "out of your depth", "backstabbing" etc.)

Sailor Jerry: nightkilled night 2.
You are Badwater, an agent of the Political Correction Agency, the secretive, corporate-funded "political vigilante" group that represents the extreme right-wing's bid to wrest control of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations from the representatives of the people to the representatives of commercial interests. Your role in this agency is that of saboteur. You do not know who your allies are - all you know is that the head of your agency is a man referred to as
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
. Each night,
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
will submit to me a list of possible targets, which I will forward on to you, and then you may choose a target from that list to prevent performing any night actions.

If
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
dies, you will be able to choose your own actions going forward. Under some circumstances,
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
may request you perform actions other than blocking your target - if he does, this will have limited chances of success.

You win when all players not in the Political Correction Agency are dead.
ChannelDeliBird: nightkilled night 2.
You are a citizen of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, with a keen interest in computers and security. Your activities have attracted the attention of the authorities, who have codenamed you "Cuckoo". You have become aware of threats to national security, and have decided that despite your counter-cultural bent, you should assist your home nation in attacking these threats as best you can.

You are aware that there are other hackers around, who have to an extent taken you under their wing and taught you much about passwords and government security. However, you have not yet managed to gain access to privileged information. As security has suddenly tightened up, you cannot contact your online compatriots any more, however they have told you that under certain circumstances, useful information may be made available to you. You currently have no abilities.

Der Hammer: lynched day 2.
You are a member of the Red Collective, codenamed "Red Tiger". Along with your compatriots, details of whom will follow shortly, your job is to infiltrate and eliminate the agents of the capitalist regime. In order to maintain your cover, you will not be able to communicate with your colleagues on any night other than the first - you can talk with them as much as you like before the game starts, but not afterwards.

Each night, you may target a player. If a majority of the living Red Collective agents target the same player, that player will die. You win when all players not in the Red Collective are dead.

Yosarian2: nightkilled night 3.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Dragon". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You are a member of the elite Phoenix Unit for Disavowable Agents, one of many deactivated agents with no ties to the government, contacted only in times of emergency via a secret channel. It appears that this is just such an emergency.

Several enemies of the Federation have infiltrated your world. You know there are other Phoenix agents out there, agents you can trust. Each night, you may target a player. If they are a Phoenix agent, you will learn of their innocence and will be able to talk with them at night. However, if they are enemies of the Federation, they will surely kill you.

Dur-Galad: nightkilled night 3.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Sphinx". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You are a member of the elite Phoenix Unit for Disavowable Agents, one of many deactivated agents with no ties to the government, contacted only in times of emergency via a secret channel. It appears that this is just such an emergency.

Thesp: lynched day 3.
You are a member of the Red Collective, codenamed "Siren". An ex-member of the elite Phoenix Unit of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, you defected to the Communist superpower shortly after attaining Field Agent status. Along with your compatriots, details of whom will follow shortly, your job is to infiltrate and eliminate the agents of the capitalist regime. In order to maintain your cover, you will not be able to communicate with your colleagues on any night other than the first - you can talk with them as much as you like before the game starts, but not afterwards.

Each night, you may target a player. If a majority of the living Red Collective agents target the same player, that player will die. You win when all players not in the Red Collective are dead.
the_holy_thom: nightkilled night 4.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Amethyst". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You have no special abilities.

Mastermind of Sin: lynched day 4.
You are the head of the Political Correction Agency, the secretive, corporate-funded "political vigilante" group that represents the extreme right-wing's bid to wrest control of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations from the representatives of the people to the representatives of commercial interests. Your job is to oversee and direct your three primary agents - the assassin known to you only as
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
, the spy
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
, and the saboteur
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
. As a defector from the Federation's Phoenix Unit, you are used to working in isolation and secrecy, however the PCA takes this to new heights.

You do not know who your allies are - all you know is their codenames, they each know your codename (and their own) but not each other's. Each night, you must submit to me a shortlist of potential targets for each agent, which I will forward on to them, and then each agent will choose for themselves a target from that list.
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
will kill his/her target,
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
will retrieve surveillance information on his/her target (which will be relayed both you them and yourself), and
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
will prevent his/her target from performing any night actions.

If you die, each agent will be able to choose their own actions going forward. If an agent dies, you may have another agent perform the dead agent's function, but with only a 75% chance of success.

three word name: lynched day 5.
You are a member of the Red Collective, codenamed "Albino". Along with your compatriots, details of whom will follow shortly, your job is to infiltrate and eliminate the agents of the capitalist regime. In order to maintain your cover, you will not be able to communicate with your colleagues on any night other than the first - you can talk with them as much as you like before the game starts, but not afterwards.

DrippingGoofball: lynched day 6.
You are Duskshadow, an agent of the Political Correction Agency, the secretive, corporate-funded "political vigilante" group that represents the extreme right-wing's bid to wrest control of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations from the representatives of the people to the representatives of commercial interests. Your role in this agency is that of spy. You do not know who your allies are - all you know is that the head of your agency is a man referred to as
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
. Each night,
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
will submit to me a list of possible targets, which I will forward on to you, and then you may choose a target from that list to investigate.

If
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
dies, you will be able to choose your own actions going forward. Under some circumstances,
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
may request you perform actions other than investigating your target - if he does, this will have limited chances of success.

Sarcastro: nightkilled night 7.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Blindside". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. To assist the Federation in this capacity, you have a role in an elite sabotage unit.

As it is too dangerous to have an open field agent directly interfere with other field agents - you would clearly be detected - you will be supported by a team outside the zone of conflict. Your role is to identify the best target for sabotage each night, and the team will stealthily drug that target and prevent them from doing anything that night. In order to relay this target, you have been supplied with a small bugging system. We will be listening to you for a list of trigger words, which are: Prevent, Interfere, Stop, Block, Drug, Sedate, Bar, Refuse, Disallow, Sabotage.

The way these are triggered is you must use one of the above words in a reply to the player you wish to target. Quote that player and only that player and slip the codeword into your response. Once a trigger word is used - in a valid targetting post or not - it is "dead" and cannot be re-used. The first post each day which satisfies these conditions will be the one which determines your target.

Glork: nightkilled night 7.
You are a citizen of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, with a keen interest in computers and security. Your activities have attracted the attention of the authorities, who have codenamed you "Edmond Dantes". You have become aware of threats to national security, and have decided that despite your counter-cultural bent, you should assist your home nation in attacking these threats as best you can.

You have discovered a way of accessing a secret government agent database, which will allow you each night to investigate and find a detailed dossier report on agents. The catch is, it's sorted by codename (a list of codenames to follow), not by real name. You are aware, through bulletin board discussions, that there are other hackers around who can then tie these codenames to real (player) names, however the level of security is such that you cannot risk communicating openly in such channels.

Fritzler: lynched day 7.
You are a member of the Red Collective, codenamed "Cotswold". Along with your compatriots, details of whom will follow shortly, your job is to infiltrate and eliminate the agents of the capitalist regime. In order to maintain your cover, you will not be able to communicate with your colleagues on any night other than the first - you can talk with them as much as you like before the game starts, but not afterwards.

logicticus: lynched day 8.
You are a member of the Red Collective, codenamed "Mother". Along with your compatriots, details of whom will follow shortly, your job is to infiltrate and eliminate the agents of the capitalist regime. In order to maintain your cover, you will not be able to communicate with your colleagues on any night other than the first - you can talk with them as much as you like before the game starts, but not afterwards.

the silent speaker: conceded day 8.
You are Morningstar, an agent of the Political Correction Agency, the secretive, corporate-funded "political vigilante" group that represents the extreme right-wing's bid to wrest control of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations from the representatives of the people to the representatives of commercial interests. Your role in this agency is that of assassin. You do not know who your allies are - all you know is that the head of your agency is a man referred to as
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
. Each night,
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
will submit to me a list of possible targets, which I will forward on to you, and then you may choose a target from that list to kill.

If
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
~CODENAME CLASSIFIED~
may request you perform actions other than killing your target - if he does, this will have limited chances of success.

Cadre: survived.
You are a citizen of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, with a keen interest in computers and security. Your activities have attracted the attention of the authorities, who have codenamed you "Mojo". You have become aware of threats to national security, and have decided that despite your counter-cultural bent, you should assist your home nation in attacking these threats as best you can.

You have discovered a way of accessing government surveillance reports, which will allow you each night to investigate a player and discover what their codename is. You are aware, through bulletin board discussions, that there are other hackers around who can then tie these codenames to database reports, however the level of security is such that you cannot risk communicating openly in such channels.

JSexton: survived.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Silkwing". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You have no special abilities.

montykins: survived.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Pig In Blanket". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. To assist the Federation in this capacity, you have a role in an elite investigative unit.

As it is too dangerous to have an open field agent directly investigate other field agents - you would clearly be detected - you will be supported by a team outside the zone of conflict. Your role is to identify the best target for investigation each night, and the team will use a combination of satellite technology and research to prepare a brief dossier on that target. In order to relay this target, you have been supplied with a small bugging system. We will be listening to you for a list of trigger words, which are: Police, Cop, Deputy, Sherriff, Investigate, Verify, Check, Stake-Out, Interrogate, Question,

The way these are triggered is you must use one of the above words in a reply to the player you wish to target. Quote that player and only that player and slip the codeword into your response. Once a trigger word is used - in a valid targetting post or not - it is "dead" and cannot be re-used. The first post each day which satisfies these conditions will be the one which determines your target.

Bogre: survived.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Duck's Hound". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. To assist the Federation in this capacity, you have a role in an elite paramedical unit.

As it is too dangerous to have an open field agent directly provide medical attention for other field agents - you would clearly be detected - you will be supported by a team outside the zone of conflict. Your role is to identify the best target for protection each night, and the team will monitor that target and provide whatever assistance is required. In order to relay this target, you have been supplied with a small bugging system. We will be listening to you for a list of trigger words, which are: Doctor, Nurse, Surgeon, Medic, Ambulance, Hospital, Protect, Heal, Cure, Remedy.

PookytheMagicalBear: survived.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Wolverine". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You have no special abilities.

The Goat: survived.
You are a Field Agent of the Liberal Federation of Developed Nations, codenamed "Grey Fox". Your job is to detect and eliminate forces hostile to the Federation. You have no special abilities.

Last edited by Seol on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:41 am, edited 14 times in total.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 am

Post by Seol »

You wake up to find Coron and Frozen Atlantic dead. See posts 0 and 1 for role details.

With 22 alive, it is
12 to lynch
. You have three weeks. Go!
Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:26 am

Post by Dur-Galad »

So, any ideas about who Frozen might have chosen to target? Or do we think (s)he was killed normally?

In the meantime,
random Vote: DrippingGoofball
Fools. I'm a townie. You're wasting a lynch. -Mariyta, Bastard Mod Mafia

GlorkTheInvader (19:43:56): Then I guess I'm a succulent schoolgirls
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:39 am

Post by Coron »

bah
JSexton
JSexton
Goon
JSexton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:16 am

Post by JSexton »

Dur-Galad wrote:So, any ideas about who Frozen might have chosen to target? Or do we think (s)he was killed normally?
No real basis to say. One might think that folks with that role would wait until night two to start using it, hoping to spot some sort of breadcrumbs from others or avoid those who seem scummiest. On the other hand, I don't know Frozen, and I don't know how good of a player he/she is. On yet another hand, such breadcrumbs are now useless, because the role is in the open.

It also appears that we aren't getting descriptive death scenes, which means we can't derive any patterns from nightkill methods.

random
vote: logicticus
, just because of Lights Out.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

scumz :cry:
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Original Roll String: 1d22
1 22-Sided Dice: (11) = 11
Permanent V/LA.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote TSS

Valar Morghulis
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Bogre »

Dur-Galad wrote:So, any ideas about who Frozen might have chosen to target? Or do we think (s)he was killed normally?
I don't know, but I think if there are other potential Masons out there they should be careful trying to reach other ones. (Unless the other Masons are on-duty operatives).

But if they are not, and their roles are similar to Frozen, you now have a greater chance of hitting a scum ops player.
[/b]
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
montykins
montykins
Goon
montykins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by montykins »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Original Roll String: 1d22
1 22-Sided Dice Results: 19
What's the point of just telling us random numbers? Plus, I'm not clear if you're arbitrarily calling out the person with number 19 (PookytheMagicalBear) or the 19th person on the list (slash)?

I don't understand your post, is I guess what I'm saying.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:38 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Random vote: three word name
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:53 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

montykins wrote:
What's the point of just telling us random numbers? Plus, I'm not clear if you're arbitrarily calling out the person with number 19 (PookytheMagicalBear) or the 19th person on the list (slash)?

He's random voting. He just forgot to actually put the vote on.

Random vote: Thesp
#greenshirtthursdays
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
montykins wrote:

He's random voting. He just forgot to actually put the vote on.

Random vote: Thesp
And because it's a 22-sided die, I'm pretty sure he meant to random vote slash.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Thesp »

Vote: MoS
per the Pooky Plan. ;)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:09 am

Post by Cadre »

Hm, this game is weird. In all the other games I've played you're told how they died, or anything that was around the body that might connect you to the killer. I'm not familiar with relations on this forums so I can't tell you who'd Frozen Atlantic would try to contact, but it's probably someone he trusted.
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:10 am

Post by Cadre »

Hm, this game is weird. In all the other games I've played you're told how they died, or anything that was around the body that might connect you to the killer. I'm not familiar with relations on this forums so I can't tell you who'd Frozen Atlantic would try to contact, but it's probably someone he trusted.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:14 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

right thesp

the plan

i almost forgot

way to get my back

unvote

vote MOS

Also plan proposal time:

I call this Hypo-SearchMason

Basically each player states who they visited last night if they were a search mason(since this player would die if the visit was to scum) and who they plan to visit tommorrow night(if a search mason turns up dead, we know where to look)

It's kinda like hypo-cop but since we have searching masons in this game, i figure we might as well use them like cops :)

you guys like the plan? :D
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:20 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of outing all our search-masons this early. It's a great way for scum to feed us false information too.
#greenshirtthursdays
the_holy_thom
the_holy_thom
Goon
the_holy_thom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:55 am

Post by the_holy_thom »

It's a good idea, but I agree with CD that it could be disastrous for our masons, and easily corrupted by the scum.

I wonder if the codenames have any bearing on the game, or if they're just flavour. Ah well, we'll find out at somepoint.

Don't forget that FA could have been killed by a second scum group/SK/whatever, or with his ability.
One million billionth of a millisecond on a Sunday morning is actually pretty long
montykins
montykins
Goon
montykins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:52 am

Post by montykins »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you guys like the plan? :D
Not really. It seems like an unnecessary amount of information to be giving the bad guys this early in the game.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Thesp »

It sounds like a great idea, actually. The only concerns I would have is to what extent we have other Phoenix agents out there (more would be better, obviously), and as to whether or not Seol has accounted for that in the setup. I think Seol comes from the same school of "punish mass claims" as I do, so the lingering doubt I have is based on whether or not there's something else hidden out there which would stymie or thwart the plan. If we think it's worth it, it could be quite viable.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:17 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Random Vote: The goat

animals are not helpful in a war zone
You used to be alright
What happened?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:39 am

Post by Sarcastro »

The plan sounds good to me, too. I don't really see how it would help the scum at all (based on what we know so far, at least), but if someone dies in the night and is revealed to be a mason, that gives us a pretty good lead on possible scum.

Then again, I haven't thought about it very thoroughly. Maybe someone wants to go into further detail about the pros and cons of such a plan?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Whoa! Oh boy! LOL!!! Very Excited!

Random
vote: montykins
I NEVER expected this game to have full role PM reveals, sweet!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”