Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Rishi »

Streeflo wrote:
Rishi wrote: Why are you sad about the random stage ending, Streeflo? Just curious... I hate the random stage. I realize that it's generally necessary, but it's not fun to play.
I don't know, I think it's more fun than Day 1 as a whole. The juicy mid and end game are the best of course =D
Maybe you like the random stage because it doesn't require thought?

I admit that Day 1 in general isn't much fun. You get a lot of information from it though.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Lowell »

I got a prod. I'm here.

Tell me when something interesting happens.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Check that.
unvote, vote Streeflo

Inside jokes don't sit well with me, and that's twice you've referenced other games. Trying to make friends?

Oh, also, the "suspicion" on claus is retarded. A bandwagon? Really?

FOS Kiribu, Kirishu, or whoever he is
. Too lazy to look back at the name, but one of his posts looked off as well.

Carry on.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:01 am

Post by kuribo »

"A little off?" explain, by all means.

If you're too lazy to look back at my name, then why did you bother making the second post? You added nothing except to point out that you haven't been around and that you're too lazy to contribute anything meaningful to the conversation. That doesn't seem like a very pro-town thing to do.

Also, why is suspecting Claus retarded? Have we outed your scumbuddy?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Lowell »

kuribo wrote: Also, why is suspecting Claus retarded? Have we outed your scumbuddy?
Yes, that must be it.

But seriously, Stree is scum.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Streeflo »

Lowell wrote:Inside jokes don't sit well with me, and that's twice you've referenced other games. Trying to make friends?
Someone2 was the one who brought it up first, I was explaining to those that were wondering about it.

And where might be the second time? Do you mean my general statement about how Day 1 is boring?
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Lowell wrote:
kuribo wrote: Also, why is suspecting Claus retarded? Have we outed your scumbuddy?
Yes, that must be it.

But seriously, Stree is scum.
A question was asked, and you ignored it. I'm going to ask you again: What's wrong with suspecting Claus? What makes you think he is innocent? If you are town, you can't be sure that he is also town. It seems you are quick to defend and hesitant to explain your reasoning.

FoS: Lowell
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 am

Post by rite »

vote: Lowell

if he's not scum, he's playing pretty stupidly, sounds as good a person as any to bandwagon
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:12 am

Post by someone2 »

Check that. unvote, vote Streeflo

Inside jokes don't sit well with me, and that's twice you've referenced other games. Trying to make friends?
Why do you think inside jokes during random vote stage could be scummy? I really don't understand your reasoning for voting Streeflo there.
But seriously, Stree is scum
We're off the random vote stage, so trying to start bandwagons out of nothing is scummy.

When I read your two posts, I have the feeling you didn't read what happened in the game before, cause you don't know the name of someone and you're too lazy to look at it and because you don't know that the random stage is over (or maybe you're just scum trying to start a bandwagon). And what role doesn't need to read the game? Scum, surely.

FOS: Lowell
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:49 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

someone2 wrote:
Check that. unvote, vote Streeflo

Why do you think inside jokes during random vote stage could be scummy? I really don't understand your reasoning for voting Streeflo there.
But seriously, Stree is scum
We're off the random vote stage, so trying to start bandwagons out of nothing is scummy.

When I read your two posts, I have the feeling you didn't read what happened in the game before, cause you don't know the name of someone and you're too lazy to look at it and because you don't know that the random stage is over (or maybe you're just scum trying to start a bandwagon). And what role doesn't need to read the game? Scum, surely.

FOS: Lowell
Scum, surely, heh? Pass.

I love how you make a case against lowell, and then merely give him an FOS. Lowell has tripped my scummeter too, and I will be parking my FOS there but I believe that someone2 might be a better lynch candidate for today. Such strong words for an FOS? You're saying, logically:

Lowell did not read.
Scum do not have to read to win.

Therefore, Lowell is scum.

This is a fallacy of sorts, as there may be a plethora of reason why Lowell did not read BESIDES being scum.

Vote: Someone2
FoS: Lowell
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:49 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

oh, if necessary:

Unvote, Vote: Someone2, FOS: Lowell
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by someone2 »

I love how you make a case against lowell, and then merely give him an FOS. Lowell has tripped my scummeter too, and I will be parking my FOS there but I believe that someone2 might be a better lynch candidate for today. Such strong words for an FOS?
I only place a vote against someone when that person had the time to answer my accusations. If his post isn't satisfactory to me, I place a vote. If he find a good reason, I don't vote for him but I let my FOS on him.
This is a fallacy of sorts, as there may be a plethora of reason why Lowell did not read BESIDES being scum.
If Lowell didn't have the time to read, then he could have say I'm here, gonna read before posting, instead of posting incoherent stuff. Oh! Maybe he's just lazy, but that doesn't help the town, so sorry if I mistaken it for an anti-town action.
I believe that someone2 might be a better lynch candidate for today
You're already talking about lynching? I think you push too far there

unvote:Streeflo
Vote: LML
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

OMGUS is sexy
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by death_omen »

Thats weird theres a major wagon of FOS jumping around but no serious action against that person even tho there has been 4 consuective FOSes against him? Any explanation why that might be?
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Streeflo »

LoudmouthLee wrote: Lowell did not read.
Scum do not have to read to win.

Therefore, Lowell is scum.

Unvote; Vote: someone2
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

death_omen wrote:Thats weird theres a major wagon of FOS jumping around but no serious action against that person even tho there has been 4 consuective FOSes against him? Any explanation why that might be?
Because we're lynching someone2 today. Lowell is tomorrow.

P.S. I'd be willing to do it the other way around. I'm flexible like that. 8)
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by Claus »

I think this is the most dynamic game I have been to so far. In three pages we had accusations on Me, LML, Rishi, Lowell and Someone2 flying around (a few more ones maybe, but these seem to be the most important ones).

First, answering questions:

Someone2, you said that you felt I'm scummy because I did not defend myself, just made fun out of LML. Well, at that time, LML did not accuse me of anything in particular, so I don't think I had anything to defend against.

Saying that he was "really charming" was my way to point that out, too bad you didn't get it.

Now, re-reading the game, and seeing what interesting comes off it:

-- In the random stage, rite gets three votes (Happy Sadist, LML and then Death Omen), even before I put my third vote on LML. No one comments on this.

(I did not notice that too until now)

Death Omen and Happy Sadist unvote when "random stage is over" (late page 2). Happy sadist has no other posts. Death Omen has one more vague post about why are people FoSing so much and voting so little. I don't like this post of his very much, feels vague and a little like "hey, I'm here, not lurking, no sir".

-- Someone2 first makes sure to point out his vote on Rishi was random. He FoSes me for my interaction with LML. His initial message is confusing, then he explains it.

Later, he FOS Lowell, but seems to have misread him (he says "don't understand the problem with internal jokes", when Lowell's vote was really about "trying to make friends".

His "best" moment is when he answers LML, saying that he FoSes, wait for answer, and vote if he doesn't like the answer. And in the same message votes for LML anyway. His reason "thinking about lynching?" is stupid - lynching is the town's only weapon.

-- Streeflo: points out some quotes from LML he thinks Hypocritical - I'm not sure I see anything terribly hypocritical in them. Accuses Rishi of making things out of thin air. Votes Someone for LML's reason.

-- BMQ makes a good reasoning for voting me and for FoSing Lowell, his FoS of lowell seems to contain a claus-scum element. Then he says that he is fine for lynching either Someone2 or Lowell today, forgetting about me (while keeping the vote). Don't like this much - seems to be following the flow.

-- LML tries to bully me first, then tries to bully Someone2. His vote on someone2 has a better reasoning (probably because of more material), his "scumhunt by bullying" seems genuine.

--------------
I think right now Someone2 is more deserving of a third vote than LML, although there is still a lot of people who haven't posted nearly enough.

unvote.
Vote: someone2
FOS: BMQ
minor FOS: Death Omen

Questions ->
Lowell -> why the FOS on kuribo?
Death Omen -> could you clarify your thoughts? Who do you think is FoSing too much?

mod:
Prod Happy Sadist, Beastly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Beastly and Happiest Sadist have been prodded.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:35 am

Post by Rishi »

Claus wrote:I think this is the most dynamic game I have been to so far. In three pages we had accusations on Me, LML, Rishi, Lowell and Someone2 flying around (a few more ones maybe, but these seem to be the most important ones).
Except for the suspicions on LML, all of those accusations have come from LML (maybe not originated with him, but he's certainly found all those people suspicious). I haven't played with him before (except in one game where he was killed during Night 0), so maybe he's always throwing around suspicions.

Anyway, something to keep an eye on.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:17 am

Post by kuribo »

BrianMcQueso wrote: Because we're lynching someone2 today. Lowell is tomorrow.
Hold on, now, "we" jumped into this awful quick-like.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Lowell »

death_omen wrote:Thats weird theres a major wagon of FOS jumping around but no serious action against that person even tho there has been 4 consuective FOSes against him? Any explanation why that might be?
Good post.

People, it's okay to vote for someone (even if it's me). These FOSes look stupid and suspicious as hell.

As for the claus thing, I didn't like the way he was attacked for "starting a bandwagon". This seems like a too-convenient reason to attack someone, when in fact I dont' find putting *gasp* a 2nd or 3rd vote on someone all that meaningful.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Lowell »

(cont'd)

.... while, yes, I am aware that he
could
in fact be scum. :roll:
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Happiest Sadist »

Responding to prod.

The
LML
vs
Claus
dynamic is interesting. However I'm not really suspicious of either of them being scum yet.
LML
is attacking, but I'm not getting that he's trying to conjure up a case to lynch.
Claus
is defending himself. But he's not trying to shift suspicion to a third player or doing anything else shady. It bears watching, but there isn't anything I can say to enlighten the situation yet. Also I don't really suspect either of them yet.

I'm off to work. I'll comment on the later portion of the thread when I get back.
Beastly
Beastly
Townie
Beastly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Beastly »

Apologies I've been overly hectic at work, I'll catch up tonight/tomorrow and post thoughts.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am

Post by death_omen »

@ Claus: The 4 FOSes against Lowell in a row was what I was reffering to why did everyone choose to FOS him instead of actually going for him over someone2 if they were so sure he was scum?

As for the Someone2 case I would rather wait to hear from him first before I jump into the same conclusion of him being scum. But I dont get why he isnt defending himself when he is close to a lynch?
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”