Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

I think JDodge got angry because Oman told him his role after he made a huge effort not to read his role PM.

Also, let's bandwagon cicero for having a massive chip on his shoulder.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

Oh boy! Dramawagon!

Vote: Disciple Slayer
for not having AIM.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Rofl. That's a lot of stuff on page 1 already.

Vote: Phate

It was my fate to randomly vote against him.

Also with regard to everything that happened on Page 1, according to Oman's Rule 07, this really shouldn't be discussed in scumchat, so you guys may want to watch out for a modkill ya know.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Primate »

xyzzy wrote:Oh boy! Dramawagon!

Vote: Disciple Slayer
for not having AIM.
Yeah, honestly I think it's a little pointless signing up to a game like this without some kind of IM client, but hey I guess it's your signup giez.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:56 am

Post by JDodge »

Incognito wrote:Rofl. That's a lot of stuff on page 1 already.

Also with regard to everything that happened on Page 1, according to Oman's Rule 07, this really shouldn't be discussed in scumchat, so you guys may want to watch out for a modkill ya know.
Why do you want people modkilled?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

JDodge wrote:

Yes, why? This struck me as quite odd.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Incognito »

xyzzy wrote:
JDodge wrote:

How is saying "you may want to watch out for a modkill" the same as saying, "I want people to be modkilled"?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:00 am

Post by JDodge »

Incognito wrote:
xyzzy wrote:
JDodge wrote:

How is saying "you may want to watch out for a modkill" the same as saying, "I want people to be modkilled"?
Why do you think people who break that rule will be modkilled and not replaced or some other such thing?

Also, xyzzy is scum. He thinks that people without AIM are scum for "limiting communication".

Unvote, vote: xyzzy
stream

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:21 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

In any other game, I would see the issue with not reading your Role PM, but this is
Daytalk
for chissakes. Don't you think the first "Hey scumbuddy, let's wagon this dude" PM might be a tipoff?

So honestly, I don't know what JDodge was trying to accomplish by not reading his role, but chances are it was on principle (and not an attempt to improve his play), making his reaction also on principle.

Random Vote: kabenon007

(Constistently available for AIM chat)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Oh and add to my knowledge the fact that you do support policy lynches.

You had told me once in a private convo - and also in scumchat I think, much before we even signed up for the game that you "have a list of people who should never be allowed to live till the end game". I know that the list includes at least Battle Mage. That is called policy lynching. How come you have come out to condemn policy lynching now?
And you assume I was entirely serious why?
Sir Tornado wrote:I suppose this is like inadmissible evidence in a court of law. But, a court of law has more emphasis for fair trial. I on the other hand care more about catching scum using whatever knowledge I have.
In other words, you'll take any opportunity you can to make stuff up to get me lynched.
1) Yes, you were quite serious during that discussion. Plus, you did not have any reason to lie at all.

2) Now, you are really twisting my words. I never said that, nor did anything I said remotely mean that.

I really can't see you as being anything other than scum now after reading that post.
I'm back!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

hahahahahahahaha

JDodge, the whole point of private communication is that you can see things people don't normally show - if I'm asking you questions in a chat and you're taking 5 minutes to answer, I won't trust your answer. To come into a game where those tools are allowed and refuse to let people use them is scummy. If someone wants the town to win this game, they will let the town do whatever necessary to achieve that win. It's just that simple. That applies to every game; if cops refused to investigate because "it isn't worth the effort", no one would believe them upon a claim, because that's just stupid play as town.

And for choosing to just say, "oh, lol, I don't have a good argument, bye" and leaving, you win a fantastic
unvote, vote: jdodge
!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

1) Yes, you were quite serious during that discussion. Plus, you did not have any reason to lie at all.
So he's scum because you don't understand sarcasm?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote: So he's scum because you don't understand sarcasm?
I really can't see how that is intended as sarcastic, btw. As far as I can see he was lying in that post on the first point, and then twisting my words completely in the second part.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote: So he's scum because you don't understand sarcasm?
No, in fact, after reading it again, I think you do explain exactly how it was sarcastic. I really fail to see what you thought was sarcastic in that post.

If it was sarcastic, it is generally the author of the post that comes and says "Hey, it was sarcastic, lolz". Why did you feel it necessary to make that remark on behalf of JDodge? (if at all the remark was true)
I'm back!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

BTW, when JDodge and I were discussing the issue of not using AIM, something along the lines of the following came up:

ZZ: using tools we have available is protown
JD: lulz, I don't think this conversation should continue [weasel words for "I don't have a good response, I'll go away now"]
JD: sorry, /block xyzzy
ZZ: lolwut?
ERROR: JDODGE HAS BLOCKED YOU!

I was, as you can imagine, quite annoyed, but I didn't mention that because I didn't think it was very scummy. Sir Tornado pointed out to me that it's actually quite scummy.

It's sarcasm because a "lynch these players always" meta is in itself scummy; if anyone truly kept and followed such a list, they'd be lynched almost any time those players were in a game with them. It doesn't mean that they actually plan on following through with it.
Why did you feel it necessary to make that remark on behalf of JDodge?
You say this almost as if I'm only allowed to defend things I say. If someone says something I think isn't proscum, and someone else thinks it is, I'll say it.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 am

Post by JDodge »

xyzzy wrote:hahahahahahahaha

JDodge, the whole point of private communication is that you can see things people don't normally show - if I'm asking you questions in a chat and you're taking 5 minutes to answer, I won't trust your answer. To come into a game where those tools are allowed and refuse to let people use them is scummy. If someone wants the town to win this game, they will let the town do whatever necessary to achieve that win. It's just that simple. That applies to every game; if cops refused to investigate because "it isn't worth the effort", no one would believe them upon a claim, because that's just stupid play as town.

And for choosing to just say, "oh, lol, I don't have a good argument, bye" and leaving, you win a fantastic
unvote, vote: jdodge
!
I chose to end the conversation because I don't see what the point of talking to scum is.
stream

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote:Sir Tornado pointed out to me that it's actually quite scummy.
Strictly speaking, this isn't actually true. I never "pointed out" to Xyzzy that it is quite scummy. I just asked him why he didn't post this in thread (when he voted JDodge). As far as I can see the word "scummy" or "scum" never appeared in the discussion, and Xyzzy came to this conclusion on his own.

But, I think it is scummy anyway...
I'm back!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:43 am

Post by xyzzy »

Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

JDodge, if I were scum, talking to me could only lead to one thing - a total slip-up. Why wouldn't you want that?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 am

Post by JDodge »

xyzzy wrote:Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

JDodge, if I were scum, talking to me could only lead to one thing - a total slip-up. Why wouldn't you want that?
Scum is trying to trick town. Thus it also leads to you messing with my mind.
stream

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote:Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

This goes from bad to worse.

unvote
FOS JDodge

Vote Xyzzy
I'm back!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:50 am

Post by JDodge »

Sir Tornado wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Oh and add to my knowledge the fact that you do support policy lynches.

You had told me once in a private convo - and also in scumchat I think, much before we even signed up for the game that you "have a list of people who should never be allowed to live till the end game". I know that the list includes at least Battle Mage. That is called policy lynching. How come you have come out to condemn policy lynching now?
And you assume I was entirely serious why?
Sir Tornado wrote:I suppose this is like inadmissible evidence in a court of law. But, a court of law has more emphasis for fair trial. I on the other hand care more about catching scum using whatever knowledge I have.
In other words, you'll take any opportunity you can to make stuff up to get me lynched.

2) Now, you are really twisting my words. I never said that, nor did anything I said remotely mean that.

I really can't see you as being anything other than scum now after reading that post.
is xyzzy more than scum now or something
stream

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

JDodge wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

Scum is trying to trick town. Thus it also leads to you messing with my mind.
But if you're reslly town, you can handle that, can't you? Psychological pressure (one of the great advantages of real time chat) only works on 1)idiots and 2)people who are hiding something. Townies have nothing to hide, so any "messing with your mind" will be ineffective as long as you defend yourself.

Sirt, what is "bad" or "worse" about anything I've said?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

This is a bit complicated JDodge. I need to think over exactly what Xyzzy is trying to do here. I can't fathom his actions from Xyzzy-town POV (plus, my head is hurting right now).

At the same time, he seems determined to help me get you lynched and then remove his hand out of it completely. I can't see where that puts you.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote: Sirt, what is "bad" or "worse" about anything I've said?
You are not changing the impression and are determined to make sure you misinterpret exactly who said what and in what order. I don't like it.
I'm back!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 am

Post by JDodge »

Sir Tornado wrote:This is a bit complicated JDodge. I need to think over exactly what Xyzzy is trying to do here. I can't fathom his actions from Xyzzy-town POV (plus, my head is hurting right now).

At the same time, he seems determined to help me get you lynched and then remove his hand out of it completely. I can't see where that puts you.
But you have already arbitrarily for reasons that are best described as "complete and utter bullshit" decided that I am scum

Therefore if you work from that viewpoint you would have an easier time figuring out what you would want to about xyzzy

Therefore I must assume that either A.) you don't want to give anything away about xyzzy or B.) you were talking out your ass earlier
stream

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”