Newbie 569: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Chickenfish »

Your entire post is misrepresenting everything I said.
The other game I played was Newbie game 519, where I was at L-1 from pretty much page 3 til page 9, and the person who did it was town - surprise!
Also, can you make up your mind - am I using the phrase 'faulty logic' too much or am I 'discrediting the accusee' too much. When I explain exactly why posts don't make sense, that is be discrediting the argument...
chickenfish is by far the most agressive in building a case against Quitex and his "you are missing something", "you logic is faulty" and assertion "you are scum" are all being repeated day two with myself.
Town was fooled by him day one please do not be fooled again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but YOU in fact believed and understood how illogical and scummy Quitex seemed day one and placed the final vote...
Wow after stating that Quitex and Claus were a scum team you have the balls to call it an in-game-example. This is blatant outright lying.
I actually explained this in the next bit you quoted...
When asked by Claus to give his opinion on sonic (or his reaction to Claus reasons for finding sonic scummy) which as earlier mention he was reluctant to do we have:
chickenfish wrote:What relevance does my opinion have (obviously we should all be collaborating, but why MY specific opinion)? As for what you said about sonic - I can see where you are coming from, but I personally disagree with it. Especially the use of 'bloodthirsty'. Overexaggerating much?
Very reluctant in revealing anything of substance about sonickid01 and seems totaly freaked out and defensive about it all.
Misquoted, and I'm sure deliberately. I was actually asked what I thought of Claus thinking sonic was scummy, not what I thought about sonic...
Also you have completely misunderstood the potatoes argument - I was merely saying I was defending the validity of L-1ing, but not outright defending sonic.
A lot of words of little meaning apart from it is ok for chickenfish to play the team game but not anyone else.
Actually, a lot of words meaning "Don't put townies in teams, only scum"
You totally misinterpreted my stance on 'not asking questions'. As many of your 'dodging questions' accusations on me have gone to show, I directly answered the unneccesary questions as I thought they were asked, but that's not how they were intended and so you think I'm dodging them. If they weren't asked at all, the content of the post still warrants a reply, so I would have been able to fully reply.
chickenfish wrote:If you have any questions about actions I've made earlier in the day that you think need justifying feel free to ask.
Wow now I get an invite to ask questions.
If you quoted the rest of my post, which I'm sure you were too scared to, everyone would see the 'You are blatantly taking what I've been saying out of context'.
The difference in time between my 'I think you're unhelpful roland' and 'I think roland has justified himself' was sufficient time for roland to explain his position, which he did...
Wow chickenfish seems very angry about moving away from a lynch which was most likely going to be Qx.
I infact was upset that you and roland continued useless bickering which was only slowing a lot of progress that had been made.

Once again, I don't know why I'm trying to convince you, you already know how cleverly you tried to misrepresent me. I just hope people can see through your fabrications.
vampire wrote:Give this is no better than what you would have had anyways but from the start of the day I was not deemed too scummy at all.
vampire wrote:As this has come down to which one of us is scum, it is only resonably that people take into consideration how each of us has played the whole game
vampire wrote:I have said what I feel I have needed to say, I have outlined my case on him sufficently and can do little more than wait for town to make the right decision and help me lynch scum.
vampire wrote:Town do yourselves some credit in this situation and vote the obvious scum.
vampire wrote:My analysis on CF a mighty undertaking by your fellow townie done in hope of bringing the guilty to true mob justice.
Considering you think I'm the 'obvious choice', you're trying
pretty
hard to reaffirm your position to everyone.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:26 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

thevampireofduseldorf wrote:CF is scum with no other means to try and escape lynching other than trying to criticize my logic. Every post of his will be trying to discredit my arguments against him and no doubt will become more paniced.

Town do yourselves some credit in this situation and vote the obvious scum.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote: CF
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:57 am

Post by rolandgarros »

Battousai wrote:
Vote: CF
Oh jesus this makes me nervous
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:16 am

Well done guys, when I wrote that loooong post about chickenfish day one I was amazed at how much he got away with and also a little bit annoyed at myself for overlooking so much. I thin it almost obvious that sonic is the lynch for tommorow.
That said yay for lynching scum!
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:40 am

Post by bird1111 »

You string up Chickenfish. You soon regret this though, as sonickid01 and Battousai kill off the last two townies.

Game over, scum wins!
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:47 am

Bah
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:53 am

Post by rolandgarros »

hahahahahahahaha i thought Batt's sudden vote meant something >.<

and i hope thats a lesson for you vamp ;D
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:00 pm

I was convinced chickenfish was scum oh well. Well played batt and sonic.
Sonic and Batt were my next two suspects as batts calling QX cop early day one never sat well with me.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

I should have waited for Batt lol
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Claus »

Wow. Well, I was right about Sonic. AND I was right about CF. Angry people != scum.

Surprisingly good game scum. The CF and Vampire headbutting kinda handed it over for you, but you handled the opportunity well. I'll try to write more detailed comments later.

Also sorry for not being a more active player in the first day. That week sucked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Claus »

Also, it was a lovely game where no one got replaced, and the pacing of posting was fast! Thanks for the game, everyone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ya, the cop thing was for sonic's benefit as I thought he was a probable lynch for day 1. Today we thought sonic was going to be lynched so we were basically playing for day 3 until I got Vamp to be to aggressive.

@rolland: I wasn't going to vote CF until you did no matter what :P

I will post night discussion for last night if you want.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Battousai »

This was my second game being modded by bird, so what do you think? Did I do better than I did my first game when I was testing out a new strategy lol?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:00 pm

The other big thing I had against sonic and cf being scum together was that ithe nk of claus brought obvious suspicion on both of them that was my big reason for unvoting sonic early day 2. I think I made a post about the night kill of claus mentioning this and said it unlikely but not impossible that they were a scum team and paired sonic most likey to batt. Later I thought that yes as both new scum the choice of claus as a nk was cetainly possible. I don't quite know exactly what went wrong but I sure messed up a couple of times, and it now seems that the obviously most scummy looking person is not always scum.
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by sonickid01 »

Gah, I hate you Batt, I wanted to be the hammer. XD *shot*. I was joking for those who couldn't tell.

I was reading through the pages and saw Roland's vote and thought "yes!" I thought that I provided a pretty good argument against Vampire's "I'm Town" gambit. :D

I was sure I was gonna be lynched but then Vamp helped me out. ;)

Anything I could've improved on?
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

Haha wow did NOT see that coming.
sonic and Batt, why didn't you guys just hammer?
There I was thinking 'man, vampire is playing one ofht ebest scum games I've seen in a long time'...
Congrats guys!
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

EBWOP (not that it's necessary any more): Just realised my shocking typo:
'one of the best scum games'
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Battousai wrote:This was my second game being modded by bird, so what do you think? Did I do better than I did my first game when I was testing out a new strategy lol?
Much improved from the last one.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Claus »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I think I made a post about the night kill of claus mentioning this and said it unlikely but not impossible that they were a scum team and paired sonic most likey to batt.
From the little I read of D2, I think this was your critical mistake. Trying to guess the reasons for nightkill is WIFOM to the highest degree, and usually a fruitless enterprise. You need to work with what you HAVE i.e. what is written in the thread.

I think this game is also a great opportunity for CF and Vamp to learn to differentiate between a tunneling stubborn town, who honestly believes you are scum, and craplogicking scum. But I think you two played well, in the "spirit of the game" sense.

Batt, if you have the nighttalk logs, I'm sure people would love to see them.
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:20 am

Post by sonickid01 »

Chickenfish wrote: sonic and Batt, why didn't you guys just hammer?
Dunno why Batt didn't, pro'lly for the same reason as me, but:

1. If I randomly placed a vote on you when you had one before and Batt wasn't around to hammer, and because Vampire is far from close to an idiot, he'd unvote, and then would I look suspicious?
2. Because of #1, it'd lay suspicion on both of you, making it easier for me.
3. I sorta wanted the game to last, because I was liking it. :^P

When everyone began to suspect CF and I as a scum team, I tried to play along on that and slide suspicion on us, because even if I get lynched, so would, more than likely, CF.
Vampire wrote:That said yay for lynching scum!
Bird1111 wrote:You string up Chickenfish. You soon regret this though, as sonickid01 and Battousai kill off the last two townies.

Game over, scum wins!
XDDDDDDDDD I thought that that was just hilarious.

I laughed here and there throughout the gambit. I was trying to get suspicion onto Vampire after his gambit, and then it was like CF just took the night shift and got himself killed for me.

However, Vampire is an excellent townie. Or I'm sorry to say, he was just until that Gambit, but then he was good after that. I had to reread it several times before I knew that this meant a way out. I was hoping no one would catch onto me being more active at that point.

That was fun. It's always good as scum to be eating popcorn while two townies literally fight to the death.
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Battousai »

I didn't vote earlier because I thought it was not too scummy and doing so with someone unvoting would really mess up my day 3.

Night Talks in order-

Sonic- "Wow. Long Day. I had some wierd suspicion that Quitex was a cop, but I dunno why.
It's night now. Any idea who to lynch?"

Bat- "I'm glad you picked up on him being the cop. I knew early it was him and was trying to get him lynched. Luckily vamp made a bad move and didn't let him claim, or else I saw you as being lynched next.

I say we go for claus (supports your lynch over CF's) and try and get a CF lynch, but honestly I see you being lynched tommorrow. You have to step up and defend yourself. Be more active because they will claim you for lurking. Try not to be the first person to lay a vote on someone.

Reply back, then I'll send in the kill tommorrow ok?"

Sonic- "Of course I'm going to be lynched if we kill Claus. He was the one after me, if we lynch him, then there's immediate suspicion on me, right? On the other hand, he said he's not AS suspicious as he was before.

I know I'm dead meat tomorrow. I can be more active and defend myself, but I doubt that I'll be able to live to Night 2. If it comes down to it, you can get me lynched if there's apparently no way out if I should be cornered, most likely. It'll keep you from being suspicious. I can win even if I'm dead, right?

I got the hint at the beginning of the game when you FoSed me. :^P I'll pay more attention.

If you say kill Claus, I can't think of any real reason not to. Killing CF might cause a bit of confusion but I dunno. Whatever you want, I guess.

I thought that I did fairly well toward the end of the day. What would you tell me to improve on, since you've played mafia games before on a different board, as you said?"

Bat- "Ya, at the end of the day, you were definately doing better. If you get lynched, WE still have a good chance of winning the game. Tomorrow go at vamp, give him a FOS or IGMEOY for hammering QX before he could claim. Your in a good position since you did not have a vote on QX.

The reason I think we go for claus is because:

CF: people find him just as suspicious as you, good to keep around

roland: vamp has been gunning at him lately, been cryptic, CLAUS has went at him recently for his cryptic posts. Has just as much to gain from a Claus NK as you.

Vamp: pretty protown, a good choice to NK since he was putting a lot of pressure on roland the last few pages and seems really pro-town. My second choice for NK

Claus: Seems pretty protown, favors your lynch.

Who would be your choice for NK?"

Sonic- "OK...

Attacking Vampire was going to be my first course of action, besides recapping my opinions on the players. I spent an hour and a half looking through and then he hammered. D: Lol, the irony.

Claus, from that perspective's a good choice for a kill. Roland could get framed, but I don't think that's extremely likely. There's a lot I didn't think about, like keeping CF. He's been fishy like me, you're right. If we kill him, there's one less person for me to scrape suspicion to.

Killing Vampire would maybe scrape blame onto Roland, but that would seem a tad obvious. It could lock everyone into a WIFOM situation. However, I doubt that plan will work since he's an IC and stuff.

Yeah, Claus seems to be the best choice. If I get lynched, then it'll be a good fight anyway.

Alrighty, then I think that's my choice. During Day 2, I'll be a bit more active in "scumhunting" and I'll try to get Vampire lynched.

This is a fun game."

If sonic did get lynched today instead, I would say I would have killed roland because I think I could have definately gotten Vamp to vote CF day 3, moreso than roland.

Definately a good game.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Quitex »

Forst, the mod should change it to game over :P
Second, yes I was even more surprised than you when I knew I was cop. Some small misunderstandings <.<

Eh, see you later.
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:00 am

Post by bird1111 »

Final status:
Alive, bold unconfirmed:
sonickid01, Mafia, wins
Battousai, Mafia, wins

Dead:
Quitex, Cop, lynched Day 1
Claus, Townie, killed Night 1
Chickenfish, Townie, lynched Day 2
rolandgarros, Townie, endgamed
thevampireofdusseldorf, Townie, endgamed
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, since I already had this game on my charts from earlier, here's your how your pace looked:
Pretty good, I'd say!
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”