Mafia 78: Meta Breaking Mafia 1 - Game over!

Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Wow that was a great tactic by Surye to bus me. Surye was definitely our scum MVP. I apologize that I could not be as involved at the end due to my unexpected internet problems. Thank you for modding Guardian and Adel.
The end justifies the means.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Nibbler is a great lover.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Guardian wrote:
Commentary

I don't think anyone really read or understood the purpose of this game, and that saddens me
. I tried to say clearly it was intended to be a game with standard roles but in awkward combinations. It was meant to be something of a fake out, in that there
were
no two-of a kind roles, but there could have been. However, there was the fbi agent and vigilante, the town roleblocker with no scum power roles, etc.
Of it helps, the FBI-SK finder vs Vig was very clever, IT hought, think I pointed that out towards the end.
shaft.ed wrote:Nice game Surye, that was a very nice bus.

Very sorry Skruffs, you put in a lot of effort for replacing so late. PEG left you in a bad spot.

Did I mention I'm not a fan of deciding the end game?
I am a little frustrated that in the end you decided to use the idea that scum would not bus ROSSO of all people as a reason to think of Surye as town. You should have seen that Surye was butering up to you. I'm not mad or anything, also, but if you are not a fan of deciding end game you should try harder to win the game before end game or to make yourself more valuable to the town so that you get NK'd. I don't think you did bad for what it is worth but I Think that (On consideration) it would make no sense for MM as fake claiming scum to have a cleared investigation on a potential partner; if I had been lynched (As his partner) he would be immediately lynched the next day. Surye knew there were two scums left, he knew it was MM over stark, etc.

Oh well. I did try, at least.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

It wasn't really the fact that he bus'd Rosso it was much more the situation. Reading it there were a lot of potential lynches that he could have pushed, and the night before he had lost a scum partner, he just found out that there was a cop in the game it really just looked like a really gutsy time to bus a player.

I really didn't think Surye bus'ing MM meant much. If anything I felt his eagerness to just flip lynch targets between MM and PEG a scumtell. Also MM's fakeclaim really didn't add up and I took him to be paranoid and not insane so I didn't think he was clearing anyone.

I really think my difficulties reading PEG had something to do with it. Almost every time I could find him saying something it looked more likely he was scum.

But yeah you did a hell of a job for a replacement in that spot. It's just that all of your evidence was so early in the game. It's hard to tell how seriously people are playing, and Surye's rocky start could easily have been a flustered town as much as flustered scum.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Adel »

This was the most uncordinated scum team I have ever been a part of.
Our quicktopic thread reads like a comedy of errors. As it worked out, my play certainly didn't help our team.

mad kudos to Surye for pulling out the win.

I don't see how Skruffs could've played any better than he did. I think this game illustrated how lurking by townies really hurts the towns chances of winning. More active posting by members of the town really would've changed the course of the game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:
I don't think anyone really read or understood the purpose of this game, and that saddens me
. I tried to say clearly it was intended to be a game with standard roles but in awkward combinations. It was meant to be something of a fake out, in that there
were
no two-of a kind roles, but there could have been. However, there was the fbi agent and vigilante, the town roleblocker with no scum power roles, etc.
Ideally, when should a massclaim have gone down?

I thought the most meta-breaking part of the game was the title.

I think your objective with the setup may have been better filled if the game had been semi-open, with a list of all possible roles on the first page.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Congratulations, Surye. Turns out that you do play scum like I do.

Also, worst Tar play ever. I mean EVER.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Surye »

Tarhalindur wrote:Congratulations, Surye. Turns out that you do play scum like I do.
And I can't ever do it again :P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Surye »

And yea, I wouldn't say I bussed MM, there was NO other action I could take. Tar was going to die that night, or he would investigate me, and if he died as was shown as sane, I would be doomed if I didn't vote MM/stark.

Personally, I wish there were a couple more odd combos, does a town RB stop NKs? Cause then the lack of mafia power roles seems inconsequential for the meta-breaking aspect.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Surye wrote:And yea, I wouldn't say I bussed MM, there was NO other action I could take. Tar was going to die that night, or he would investigate me, and if he died as was shown as sane, I would be doomed if I didn't vote MM/stark.

Personally, I wish there were a couple more odd combos, does a town RB stop NKs? Cause then the lack of mafia power roles seems inconsequential for the meta-breaking aspect.
Surye, you didn't wn because of the MM bus, IMO. You won because you bussed the hell out of Rosso at the end of D2. That's what convinced me you were town in the end (my last night choice was pickem/skruffs in the expectation he would come up scum if I somehow lived).
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Surye »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Surye wrote:And yea, I wouldn't say I bussed MM, there was NO other action I could take. Tar was going to die that night, or he would investigate me, and if he died as was shown as sane, I would be doomed if I didn't vote MM/stark.

Surye, you didn't wn because of the MM bus, IMO. You won because you bussed the hell out of Rosso at the end of D2. That's what convinced me you were town in the end (my last night choice was pickem/skruffs in the expectation he would come up scum if I somehow lived).
I know, that's what I'm saying. MM's lynch wasn't anything, just necissary at that point in the game.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I like how I had Surye pegged and no one would listen to me.
I play the games rul gud.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Surye »

Elias_the_thief wrote:I like how I had Surye pegged and no one would listen to me.
:)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I knew MM and Adel were scum, but Surye being a masonscum was hard to predict...gg scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

You are remembered for the last posts you break.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”