Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Korts »

Gah, I'm really ashamed still... Nice game town, and sorry for getting your cop killed.
scumchat never die
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Grimmy »

on a whole, I was completely overwhelmed by this game. I had no idea I was a bomb, the voting thing kept messing with my mind, and I didnt catch the subtle hints in the role pm and quotes from vote counts.

That being said

Pre-in for the next one.

Ill probably be just as confused, but it is a hell of alot more entertaining than a vanilla mafia game.

grimmy
waiting for the Mind screw swift speed werewolves game!
(combining two of my favs in one.)
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:13 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Pre-inning
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Jex »

I definitely lost my interest in this game early. I didn't know my alignment, I didn't know if sending in a night action did anything, really I didn't know anything about anything. Not knowing my alignment I think made me not care much about who won. I didn't know if I should be hunting scum or helping them, or something completely different. Glad the town won though.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by X »

I started watching recently (Day 3)...I wanted to find some meta on iamausername - hasn't told me squat, by the way. But this was a very entertaining read.

:idea:
:o

If possible, pre-in.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Final notes:

I'm getting really unhappy with the traditional day/night scheme. The 96-hour waiting period in particular, while theoretically good for scum, really grated on me.

As much as I dislike having to resort to pleading in the thread of an older game: I really, really need a qualified backup mod for
Babylon 5 Mafia: Severed Dreams
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Battousai »

I would Tar but I'm not "qualified" or ever "modded" before. ;)
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

I'm really impressed by the amount of work Tar put into this, including things like the vote count quotes. Very nice. I really wonder how this had worked out if the rules had been hidden for longer; the Haruhi rules might've really messed things up then. :)

I was pretty much planning on claiming jailkeeper the whole game, and hopefully get Nocmen lynched the last day. Of course, with Nocmen dying instead of Battousai, and iamausername prepared to vouch for Battousai, and two lynches to avoid instead of one, that didn't really work out. I couldn't, as I'd planned, (truthfully) claim to have blocked remus, as that would pretty much mean there was no way he was guilty and me innocent. I could've claimed to have blocked Nocmen (-> Battousai), but if Battousai had any kind of ability, he'd know I was lying... So I resorted to claiming a role I've been thinking about including in some future themed game. Stressed as I was, I even forgot that Jenter was a Godfather, so me registering him as scum would look more than a little suspicious. In the end, it was all moot. Oh well.

The Mod Watch thing I originally just did to hide a crumb for jailkeeper. It's in the first mod watch post if anyone wants to look for it.

Oh, and Macavenger: Sorry. Consider it a compliment: You looked like too dangerous a person to keep alive. :)
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by remussaidow »

cavebear, I would have caught any of your claims as false though- The one's that Tar had prepped, well... The little bit of research I did on these names, I would have known the giant's drink to have been scum, and the other's really don't line up with jailkeeping (the enderverse, as the 8 of them are known by some people I talk to about them, are some of my favorite books, and I was actually seriously thinking about drawing up an enderverse game setup if I ever decided to start modding. Point of this story being I know most of the characters and how they would function)

Quick question, though. Isn't the jailkeeper the same thing as a roleblocker?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Quick question, though. Isn't the jailkeeper the same thing as a roleblocker?
It's a roleblocker/doctor, actually.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:49 am

Remus:
Well, I had Ender Wiggin as a safe claim, and although it didn't fit all that good with a Jailkeeping ability, it's not that far fetched either. I mean, you can motivate pretty much anything if you try, and it's always dangerous to make assumptions about what role name "should" or "shouldn't" be able to this or that. I really liked the Rey Ayanami thing though; her being replacable REALLY fits. :) Anyway, Ender is the main protagonist character in a setting that Tar referred to; that's not bad, as far as innocent-looking goes. Kyon would arguably be a better Jailkeeper (as his thing is to keep Haruhi occupied), but with Haruhi already in the game and confirmed townie, I didn't want to risk anything.

And yeah, jailkeeper is combined roleblocker and supercharged doctor (IE it blocks not only incoming kills but any targeted action.)
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Actually, the ordinary Jailkeeper only blocks kills (that's why both of your falseclaim PMs used the "prevent all kills and roleblock" structure). The role you received was a supercharged Jailkeeper.
User out of ambit.

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 am

Tarhalindur wrote:Actually, the ordinary Jailkeeper only blocks kills (that's why both of your falseclaim PMs used the "prevent all kills and roleblock" structure). The role you received was a supercharged Jailkeeper.
Oh. I'd only seen jailkeeper in one other game, where it worked same as here.

Also see this topic from a few months back. You even posted there, Tar. :)
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:08 am

Post by remussaidow »

With reading the Enderverse though, there is nothing (not even the way he's claimed to keep jail, since he killed everyone he beat up in the process of beating him up) that could set up ender as a jailkeeper. I think I would have pressed that as a fakeclaim. That's what I'm saying.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Tarhalindur wrote:Actually, the ordinary Jailkeeper only blocks kills (that's why both of your falseclaim PMs used the "prevent all kills and roleblock" structure). The role you received was a supercharged Jailkeeper.
Well, the standard jailkeeper roleblockes it's target and protects him from kills at the same time.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tarhalindur wrote:
<This. Is. Cool.

For the last three years, you've been bored with the world, bored with the dullness of humanity. Now you find yourself in a world beyond your wildest imagination, a world where anything is possible.

You love it. This is where you belong. In fact, you're getting so excited that you're going to bring everyone else here with you to search for all the strange and inexplicable things. After all, in a place like this, there's got to be aliens, time travelers, and espers, right?

Only problem is, you haven't been able to find Kyon yet. If there's anyone who needs to see this, it's him.>

Welcome to Mind Screw Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are
Haruhi Suzumiya (from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")
. For three years you've been searching for the inexplicable, the strange, the weird... something that isn't boring like the normal world. Now you've found it, and you've got lots of people to share the fun with!

You are a
Townie Dreaming God
. You have the following special ability:

Dreams of Reality
- Each night, you MUST choose to use any one of the following ten 1-shot abilities (if possible). You're not entirely sure what the abilities will do, but it's sure to be fun, so why not?

Your abilities are as follows: Whack A Mole, Hickory Dickory Dock, International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Political Campaign, Ghost Story, SOS-dan Recruitment Day, School Festival, Class Trip, Student Council Election, Count of Monte Cristo

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
Mod Notes:
- Abilities function as temporary additions to the rules (and therefore interact with the Chairman Mao ability) and have the following effects:
<Whack> = "The next time a player would be lynched, instead the lynchee's alignment will be revealed via official mod message (functions as a Sane Cop investigation) and the vote count will be reset."
<Hickory> = "The next game day will have a nonretractable deadline of one real-life week."
<International> = "During the next game day, all players and the mod must post like a pirate. Failure to do so is a Rule Infraction."
<Political> = "During the next game day, no player may post a message of fewer than fifty words. Failure to do so is a Rule Infraction."
<Ghost> = "Until the end of the next game day, players cannot unvote. Repeat violations of this rule are Rule Infractions."
<SOS> = "All players may daytalk with all other players for the entirety of the next game day. All players will be informed of this."
<School> = "The next time a pro-town player would be lynched, instead the vote count will be reset. This rule is always hidden."
<Class> = "The next time a mafia-aligned player would be lynched, instead No Lynch will occur. If the lynch of the Townie Sleeper Agent (Number Six) is prevented this way, it will become a 1-Shot Mafia Reviver (this will not happen, however, if a Mafia Goon is lynched). This rule is always hidden."
<Student> = "During the next game day, instead of lynching a player, players cast votes to elect a Student Council President (King) who will then decide which player should be lynched."
<Count> = "For the remainder of the game, the number of surviving town, neutral, and scum players will be public knowledge." NOTE - If Sleeper Agent is town when this ability is activated, then Sleeper Agent will always show up as town on this list.

- Comes up "Haruhi Suzumiya (from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)" to Tarhalindur investigation

Haruhi Suzumiya (
Townie Dreaming God
)
I read the game and looked at this role. A good anime character turned into a jack in the box of skills, you'll never know what they do until you use them. I so hope to see more roles like this in the furture. I want one.

Also who is Shamisen? I don't remember that character in the Anime. Is it Kyon's Sister or some animal from the manga only? I may have misread that false claim earlier
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

So much unknown, that the role has a high potential for choas :twisted:
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

PokerFace wrote:<snipped for brevity>

I read the game and looked at this role. A good anime character turned into a jack in the box of skills, you'll never know what they do until you use them. I so hope to see more roles like this in the furture. I want one.
Don't worry, that kind of role will be back in the future.
Also who is Shamisen? I don't remember that character in the Anime. Is it Kyon's Sister or some animal from the manga only? I may have misread that false claim earlier
Well, what has four legs, a tail, whiskers, is accosted by Kyon's sister, and occasionally talks? (Yes, the cat has a name, if only in the light novels. Yes, I have read the light novel translations for the Suzumiya Haruhi series. This may be important information to know in the future)
User out of ambit.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza