Newbie 2093 | New Wave | Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:36 am

Post by BigTerp »

Thanks catboi. I had fun!!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:45 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1093, furtiveglance wrote:Well played town. Val, you were scum MVP. Good game all round
I felt like the outed town PR's and Val getting to E-1 while you were offline were both a stroke of bad luck that helped town figure things out. I've only played 2 games with you, but each time you've been a tough read for some reason. Good game!!
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

I spent the entire game being stressed and miserable because these assholes gaslighted me into thinking I'm being toxic and ruining the game for others.
Why these bullshit tactics allowed? You pull this shit irl and on other websites and you'll get kicked from the group.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 8:03 am

Post by TistDaniel »

In post 1098, BigTerp wrote:But I knew they were scum once Furtive came in and didn't vote. Still took a lot for me to vote Val there.
I thought for sure that was you seeing furtive show up, knowing he could hammer at any moment, and trying to steal the towncred by hammering first.

If I'd been alive D4, I'd have been like:
In post 885, BigTerp wrote:Yes, I believe scum will be voting their partner today. [..] The common/easy thing to do in ELo is for scum to distance themselves from their partner. I think a smart and seasoned veteran of this game would bus their partner at this point in the game.
HMM.
abdbla
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 8:15 am

Post by abdbla »

Still shocked that Val ended up being the mafia, I had him as probably my towniest read by the end of day 2. Also going to echo the fact that Terp played an amazing town game, I thought they were SE until someone called them newb!town. Also also happy that FG ended up being scum. At least one of my reads was right :lol:

Good game though, great fun.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 8:48 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1103, TistDaniel wrote:
In post 1098, BigTerp wrote:But I knew they were scum once Furtive came in and didn't vote. Still took a lot for me to vote Val there.
I thought for sure that was you seeing furtive show up, knowing he could hammer at any moment, and trying to steal the towncred by hammering first.

If I'd been alive D4, I'd have been like:
In post 885, BigTerp wrote:Yes, I believe scum will be voting their partner today. [..] The common/easy thing to do in ELo is for scum to distance themselves from their partner. I think a smart and seasoned veteran of this game would bus their partner at this point in the game.
HMM.
Yeah, it's precisely what I was concerned about. Actually, I was first concerned that scum!Furtive was going to come in and hammer town!Val and end the game. When they didn't, I was initially flabbergasted trying to figure out why scum!Furtive wouldn't hammer scum!Val to, like you said, gain that town cred. I felt I had no choice, even though it might look scummy, but to hammer Val and at least get us to day 4.

I gotta apologize for giving you a hard time. You had Val stone cold locked!! I just couldn't see it though and was adamant on doing whatever I could to prevent what I thought was going to be a miselim on Val and a mafia win.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 8:59 am

Post by TistDaniel »

In post 1105, BigTerp wrote:I gotta apologize for giving you a hard time. You had Val stone cold locked!! I just couldn't see it though and was adamant on doing whatever I could to prevent what I thought was going to be a miselim on Val and a mafia win.
No need to apologize. I get too overconfident. I mean, I think I can tell town!Val from scum!Val, but up until Ash claimed, I was absolutely sure she was Val's partner. Even after she claimed, I kept trying to convince myself that there was some other reason the real town PR wasn't counterclaiming. And your hard defense of Val had me convinced you were his partner too. I was going to push you just as hard if scum had left me alive on D4. It's very good for town that I was killed.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1102, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I spent the entire game being stressed and miserable because these assholes gaslighted me into thinking I'm being toxic and ruining the game for others.
Why these bullshit tactics allowed? You pull this shit irl and on other websites and you'll get kicked from the group.
Hi Take. It's not my intention to chastise you, I think it's absolutely understandable to get heated in games of mafia from time to time. I'm also pretty inexperienced here, so it is entirely possible that I'm wrong through lack of experience, or because of good old poor judgment. I also didn't even play in this game, so it's possible I'm imposing on a space that's not mine. Feel free to call me out on any of these things.

I think it's still worth saying that, in my best judgment, your aggression would have made the game a little less fun for me at points. For example:
Spoiler:
In post 130, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:I didn't ignore it. It just wasn't relevant to what I was pointing out.
My talk with you isn't relevant to you voting for me? Sure?
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:How do you think there would have been much more information? If you can please elaborate on that without using Asphodelus was V/LA.
You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply? This is why your questions are stupid.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:In 2091 your tone was pleasant. And you only became frustrated or agitated when it was genuinely warranted. I felt from your first 10 or so posts that you were town and I would have probably said so if I was in that game. This game so far what I get from your tone is agitation, annoyance, and irritation. I haven't seen a reason for this. It's pretty much the same playerlist as last game so it's not like you hate the players. I'm assuming it's because of a change in alignment from last game. Subtle changes in a person's psychology when playing as scum or and then as town is a scientific reality. I think this is what's happening here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am in this instance.
I'm playing similarly to how I was game 1 except now I have to deal with you, if I sound annoyed and irritated its because of you.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Again, they're not random or meaningless. It's also not foolproof, so I would never base my read 100% on it, but I also would not totally disregard because as has already been shown, it does have some bearing statistically. Just because you don't like it or think it's dumb doesn't mean isn't real.
It absolutely is dumb. I'm not gonna argue about this bullshit anymore.
In post 170, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Italiano
You think I'm maf and the reasonis what? That I got pissed off at how annoying you are?

I think I'd have been a bit uncomfortable if somebody said my questions were stupid and that I was annoying.

This is absolutely not to deny that 1. furtive violated a site rule in suggesting that you replace out, 2. it can be really frustrating to be manipulated by mafia.

I don't know if you want to, and it's completely fine if you don't, but feel free to either DM me or post here to continue this conversation. While I can't promise I'll change my mind about anything, I don't mind being told that I'm wrong or just discussing what happened in this game.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1102, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I spent the entire game being stressed and miserable because these assholes gaslighted me into thinking I'm being toxic and ruining the game for others.
Hi Take. It's not my intention to chastise you, I think it's absolutely understandable to get heated in games of mafia from time to time. I'm also pretty inexperienced here, so it is entirely possible that I'm wrong through lack of experience, or because of good old poor judgment. I also didn't even play in this game, so it's possible I'm imposing on a space that's not mine. Feel free to call me out on any of these things.

I think it's still worth saying that, in my best judgment, your aggression would have made the game a little less fun for me at points. For example:
Spoiler:
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:I didn't ignore it. It just wasn't relevant to what I was pointing out.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:How do you think there would have been much more information? If you can please elaborate on that without using Asphodelus was V/LA.
You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply? This is why your questions are stupid.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:In 2091 your tone was pleasant. And you only became frustrated or agitated when it was genuinely warranted. I felt from your first 10 or so posts that you were town and I would have probably said so if I was in that game. This game so far what I get from your tone is agitation, annoyance, and irritation. I haven't seen a reason for this. It's pretty much the same playerlist as last game so it's not like you hate the players. I'm assuming it's because of a change in alignment from last game. Subtle changes in a person's psychology when playing as scum or and then as town is a scientific reality. I think this is what's happening here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am in this instance.
I'm playing similarly to how I was game 1 except now I have to deal with you, if I sound annoyed and irritated its because of you.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Again, they're not random or meaningless. It's also not foolproof, so I would never base my read 100% on it, but I also would not totally disregard because as has already been shown, it does have some bearing statistically. Just because you don't like it or think it's dumb doesn't mean isn't real.
@Italiano
You think I'm maf and the reasonis what? That I got pissed off at how annoying you are?

I think I'd have been a bit uncomfortable if somebody said my questions were stupid and that I was annoying.

This is absolutely not to deny that 1. furtive violated a site rule in suggesting that you replace out, 2. it can be really frustrating to be manipulated by mafia.

I don't know if you want to, and it's completely fine if you don't, but feel free to either DM me or post here to continue this conversation. While I can't promise I'll change my mind about anything, I don't mind being told that I'm wrong or just discussing what happened in this game.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Aisa »

On a completely different note, congratulations on the win, town! I'm still confused about what went wrong for the mafia. TistDaniel's replace in helped a lot, I guess, but even then it seemed far from obvious that town would get the win.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1108, Aisa wrote:

Spoiler:
@Italiano

Oop, I remembered something else. I think I should give Take credit for adjusting his play once people started pointing out that it was a bit much.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1109, Aisa wrote:On a completely different note, congratulations on the win, town! I'm still confused about what went wrong for the mafia. TistDaniel's replace in helped a lot, I guess, but even then it seemed far from obvious that town would get the win.
they got screwed by tist coming in and giving the game a breath of fresh air + IMO a PoE.

at least this is coming from my PoV.

they got really unlucky at the end
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 10:34 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1111, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1109, Aisa wrote:On a completely different note, congratulations on the win, town! I'm still confused about what went wrong for the mafia. TistDaniel's replace in helped a lot, I guess, but even then it seemed far from obvious that town would get the win.
they got screwed by tist coming in and giving the game a breath of fresh air + IMO a PoE.

at least this is coming from my PoV.

they got really unlucky at the end
I agree with this. Daniel replaced in immediately fingering Val when that slot before was pushing myself and, to a lesser extent, Mala IIRC. Either way I'm pretty sure Aspho was reading Val as town. Completely different game if Daniel doesn't sub in that slot. Daniel GREATLY helped my game be by almost forcing a PoE situation with Val and Furtive. Had Aspho stayed I'm highly confident that Val and Furtive would've gotten myself or Mala miselim'd.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 10:53 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Great great game town! BigTerp definite MVP for using that logic when it counted. :lol: Val played a great scum game. Mala was also great in elo, also using logic instead of feelings. It’s something I have to get better at. Sorry for being part of the two miselims in the town. I see that it could have been prevented, but you never know when you’re uninformed. :(

To all those that were or are offended by how I played, etc. it is never my intention to make your time playing this game terrible. If you felt it was abrasive, arrogant, or condescending I truly apologize for that, especially you Take. On the flip side, had you been scum, and I backed off of you it would have sucked for town and for my ego lol. And yes my ego can be pretty big at times, :giggle: which is why I always try to curb it.

You guys will get more comfortable the more games you play here and the more you’ll get to know players and you never know maybe one day you’ll be the veteran that the “newbies” hate. :lol:
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 11:27 am

@Aisa
This post explains everything
I still don't know why italiano acted the way he did but but I don't think I'm in the wrong for getting frustrated at him, most people would be in my place.

Also i'm not frustrated that I got "manipulated". I think the tactic that they used is reprehensible and it should never be allowed that's why I'm never playing with those two ever again.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Val89 »

I am sorry you feel that way.

I have thought hard about whether or not to reply to this, and I was happy to comply with your request to 'just fuck off' in the spectator thread, but I do think it is important to make clear now the game in over that the charge that you were 'gaslit' this was a 'manipulation tactic' is untrue, and indeed, nor can it be, because also TTTT doesn't say so explicitly, I think we can all read between the lines of the posts made post-replacement to deduce what drove the decision for them - as town - to step away.

Honestly, I considered doing so likewise myself at some points during D1. You will also see when the Mafia PT is released that, in fact, we would have preferred you not to have been the mislim D1, and I think we both considered that you remaining in the game advanced our wincon more than you leaving it, and I was in position of replicating what I am positive would have been my town thoughts on your slot and pushing you while simultaneously hoping nobody would actually follow me on it.
In post 438, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Being snappy and confrontational is part of my personality and this has been true even in my first game.
I accept this, and while it may be the case that others are fine with it, personally, I felt it did make you unfun to play with; and, while I was mafia, I was being perfectly truthful when saying so. I don't think that reflects poorly on you in any way; our personalities obviously don't gel, and there is nothing wrong with deciding we don't want to play with each other again in future and I am perfectly content to comply with that request as well.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1114, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Aisa
This post explains everything
I still don't know why italiano acted the way he did but but I don't think I'm in the wrong for getting frustrated at him, most people would be in my place.

Also i'm not frustrated that I got "manipulated". I think the tactic that they used is reprehensible and it should never be allowed that's why I'm never playing with those two ever again.
We’ll all I can say is I’m sorry I treated you that way and I hope you reconsider about playing together in the future. I’m really a cool guy and genuinely just want people to have fun. Take care bro.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1095, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 459, furtiveglance wrote:T02: In the nicest way possible, consider replacing out. Either that or change your attitude because it's making the game less fun.
How is this an acceptable thing to say? In a newbie game too.
In the nicest way possible, fuck both you and val and I never want to play with any of you ever again.
I'm sorry.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I should have realised that was wrong to say.
Asphodelus
Asphodelus
She/her
Goon
Asphodelus
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Asphodelus »

In post 1088, TistDaniel wrote:Also, hope Ash is ok. She seems to be going through something.
I appreciate the concern. As I said in the observer thread, I'm glad I stepped out. I wasn't doing that great, and I would have voted Mala simply since they were TTTT's spot.

And it was that point I knew I was way too occupied real life and not enjoying this at the moment to play.

Apologies to the Scum, you probably would have won if I didn't request my replacement there.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 1:26 pm

@Italiano
I want to know what was your thought process during day 1?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 2:05 pm

In post 1115, Val89 wrote:I think we can all read between the lines of the posts made post-replacement to deduce what drove the decision for them - as town - to step away.
Fuck you for implying this. I'm not the reason he left and you know it. You're such a fucking lying snake holy shit.
I was right about you, you're the worst person I have ever played mafia with so I'll repeat what I said, fuck off.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1120, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Italiano
Of course.

I will admit the first part of Day 1 I really wasn’t all that into; real life and just getting back into the mindset of playing mafia had me sort of out of it, which is why I was

To be honest I needed something to kinda get the juices flowing. I didn’t just randomly target you if you thought that. As I said I had read the previous game you guys were in and on Day 1 in that game you seemed more game solvey and less emotional or snappy. To be fair the snappiness didn’t come until later, but even then I figured it was justified.

This game your first post was felt like an agitated post about TTTT’s avatar, which I had no problem with because it is in fact very ugly. But then your responses after that when dealing with TTTT were short, abrupt, and annoyed. I didn’t think the weak pressure he was giving you warranted those reactions, so coupled with what I read in the previous game you seemed different to me. I even pointed out the psychology of the mafia game because I believed it that much. I was probably short sighted given I didn’t actually play in that other game with you and the others.

Again, I wasn’t targeting you personally, I was playing the game and I genuinely thought I had caught scum. As I also mentioned in game, I have allowed scum to get off of pressure numerous times on Day 1 because I’ve overthought it or allowed scum/wolves to ate me to death. I’ll admit that ego is definitely in there because everyone wants to be the one that caught scum, but I would literally let them go and then pass them off as a villager and it came to bite the village/town in the butt later.

I realize my lockjaw is not only uncomfortable for scum but for town as well. Unfortunately I haven’t found an even medium where I’m not letting scum go, but also making actual town players feel comfortable. I’m willing to hear any suggestions and whatnot, but I haven’t found a way.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1122, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1120, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Italiano
I will admit the first part of Day 1 I really wasn’t all that into; real life and just getting back into the mindset of playing mafia had me sort of out of it, which is why I was…
Sorry meant to say which is why I wasn’t that attentive and didn’t really know what was going and if I had missed anything or not. It’s why I asked someone to fill me in because I honestly didn’t feel like reading.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by catboi »

Mafia PT is now released.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”