Mini 1195: The Beehive Mystery (GAME OVER)

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Klazam »

Anybody object to me releasing all quicktopics?

The setup was as follows:

3 Masons, 6 vanilla town, 1 SK (NONBP), 1 Godfather, and 2 Goons.

I think Town had a fairly good chance at winning this, but with the masons outed on day 1 and the SK not playing normally, AND there being a uncooperative townie in Lylo....
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Klazam »

I personally thought you did well, in spite of racer's uncooperative actions.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Whiskers »

CURSE YOU ICE! I TOLD you to lynch scott over beck. I had no idea what I was doing, but still.

Oh wait no, that was scott. W/e.

[preedit]
stupid uncooperative townie!

However, I'll admit Scott played like a pro in lylo and he had me fooled.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Whiskers »

Adding racerman13 to my greylist.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I really wanted to believe racer but he made it so hard.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Greylist? Is that like an IGMEOY pre-blacklist?
To be clear: quack
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Klazam »

Dead Room QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/eijjbfUh5jJ

Mafia/Masons, Fine with QT release?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yay!
I have no objection to QT release.
What was the purpose of SB being a godfather?
Was he bulletproof? I was never clear on that.
SB played very well and did a good job benefiting from my death.
This was a weak game from me where I learned a lot, so I'm glad to have escaped with a win.

The end of D2 was pretty harrowing.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

Sotty7 wrote:Sorry town.

I am terrible in lylo's

meh. don't blame yourself. I would have lynched my replacement out of anger as well.

Couple important questions though,

1. Why does no one read my posts? (This is referring to everyone lacking the knowledge that I suspected Tommy/Ivan and had a late scum read on Llama. Seriously, I thought I actually did a good job on being more concise and content rich this game when I was here)

2. Why does no one understand my posts? (This is referring again to everyone having no idea why I suspected Tommy/Ivan. Am I just not good at articulating myself?)

3. Okay. This was infuriating. Why did the majority of people here have a town read on me, AND agree with some of my cases and suspect the player I was attacking, yet refuse to vote along with me?

---Please someone, dear god help me out and answer these so I don't make any screw ups with any of you in future games.

4. Why did people suspect of being scum because I did something pro-town? (Referring to hammering Llama)

Like seriously guys, there is nothing wrong with having a good list of obvious town players. The cost/benefit ratio for hammering Llama in that situation is not worth it. Even if I did that as scum (Which I'd never do, I'd let you fuckers suffer with a no lynch and then push that sub lynch easily), no one would regard me as
confirmed
town because of it, and if I was still around during lylo, then it'd be discarded as nothing.

But, if I was town and you guys let that slide and let me have fun with being obvious town (as town), then I'd probably get night killed as scum would freak out about having townies agree on their correct town reads. Meaning I'd die before lylo because we're all awesome enough to win this game via PoE if you let us.

5. Why the fuck did you guys lynch Ice? He was one of the most obvious town players this game. This is saying something considering he always looks fuckin scummy. (I'm assuming the Ivan hydra had Ice nailed as town and just wanted a town mislynch then a scum lynch.)

6. Sotty, what questions did you want to ask me if I were here? I'm curious.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Klazam »

The purpose of SB being Godfather is to mislead the scum a little. No bulletproofdness. Worthless after the whole mason team got outted D1, though.

MAfia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/UuAFnWA2FAQ
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Llamarble »

MT I'm not sure of your complaints about being followed.
Town lynched me D2 and then your scumread Tommy D3.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

Tommy should have been lynched Day 2 when litterally everyone had a null-scum gut read on him (+ not voting day 1)

But I'm probably whining since Day 2 actually worked out alright. I'm slightly more worried about people not understanding me however.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ah the questions are pointless now really. But basically, I hated how you made these big cases Tommy/blinker and then just dropped them as soon as the new sparkly came along. I can get that you were frustrated that no one was listening, but to me it was like you didn't really want to lynch these guys and that your cases were bluster. I never felt you truly push your Tommy case at all. And the case was good. I had convinced myself it was too good, but that's not the point. I think you need to beat on that drum a lot more. Don't just abandon your reads for the town. Yes there are times when you should compromise, but there are a lot more times where you should get a megaphone, stand on your soap box and ask over and over why we aren't lynching so and so.

The best way to get people to talk about your cases if you are feeling ignored is to single people out. "Hey Beck, what do you think of what I posted about Tommy in post yadda yadda?" That why you get direct feedback on the case you built AND you can work on convincing him and drawing others into your dialog. Repeat as necessarily.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Beck »

MT, your hammer while looking pro-town could easily be a scum hammer SINCE no mafia was on the counter wagon anymore

Your wishy washy voting for half the playerbase doesn't help either

Racer, FU

How did NOBODY see what I had said, Scott had done nothing useful all game, his predecessor was also the same way.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I had noticed that Scott and Tommy basically were the same person on day three. They gave the same reasoning and had near on the same opinions. That did make me think long and hard about Scott, but in the end I didn't act on it. Fo shame.

Live and learn though.

Thanks for modding Klazam
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

Post by subgenius »

Well played, scum. That makes me 0-5 on MS, which is a bit discouraging. The end of day 2 was pretty exciting, though, and I felt supremely vindicated when Llama flipped scum. I only wish I had lived through the night to bask in it for a moment. The amount of replacement going on in this game was really disappointing and affected the game negatively. Sotty, I think you did as well if not better than could have been reasonably expected. I was optimistic that you would pick Scott, but I can't blame you for going with Racer. Racer, why did you replace in if you didn't want to play the game?

One thing that blew me away about this game was how people who were being incredibly unhelpful and anti-town were getting passes (Ivan and Llama) while far less offensive players were getting a lot of negative attention (Me and ICE). That baffled me.

Ivan's play baffled me as well. I'd be interested in a more thorough explanation of their strategy, but I doubt we'll get it.

Any (constructive) criticism of my play is welcomed.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Beck »

The strategy of not killing at all as SK, I felt could have worked but ivan would never have won regardless.

They were obviously scummy, I knew he wasn't mafia and that vig claim I knew was horseshit.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Whiskers »

Sleepy: That's exactly what it is. He replaced in and only "played" for two days, so I'll give him some slack.
If a player makes it to my blacklist, I will complain about him if he replaces into a game I'm in, or /out of a game we're both signed up for (unless it's a game I really want).

Sub: The problem was that we had shitty players like racer playing all game, so we assumed they were just shitty players and not scum.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Klazam »

Whiskers- Reveal mason QT or not?
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by subgenius »

I feel like it's an especially risky strategy if the SK in question was never bullet proof. I'd also like to hear more about why he decided to throw his strategy out the window to kill me, but I doubt any more info is forthcoming from either Ivan.

@Whiskers
I think it was obvious that the Ivans and Llama were a step above shitty players, though. They showed enough intelligence and commitment to play the game, but both were being seemingly purposely unhelpful, and people let it slide.

I think one of the biggest lessons of this game is that sometimes scum do obviously scummy things, and players should be held accountable for them. This was not a game of subtle scum tells in the case of Llama, Da Koolzy, and Ivan. Tommy and Scott, I felt were tougher to pin down, though.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Sub, you seem like a really good player. I don't think 0/5 reflects your skill.
You also get the distinction of being part of the first town to lynch llamascum :)
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I was actually pretty torn who to bring to LYLO with me. Sotty had modded (well I guess forced into modding after CML vanished) a game where I was scum where I didn't really bus anyone but had the same middle of the road with me. I was instantly killing Beck but when Sotty replaced in, I became weary that I would be figured out. I was really glad racer voted first. I wanted to play up the well, I'm not thrilled with this case since I had a town read but I guess MT/racer is scum. I did not want to be the first to vote. I see there is some discussion about voting first in LYLO being town/scum tell. I don't really see it as either. I think it's advantageous as scum to pin it as 1v1 especially leaving it up to a player who probably won't be lynched.

I also did not believe Sotty when she said she thought racer was the final scum. That didn't seem sincere at all and got me worried. It looked like an appeal for content more than anything.

I was also wondering why Ice was lynched. Him and I basically were saying the same things all game, yet he was the one who got lynched for it. We were both trying to keep Beck in place, favoring logic over emotion. Yet when it came down to it, Ivan went after him. There was no way I was killing Ivan after that comment at the end of D3 saying if he died look at me. Especially when I had a mason still alive.

I stand by a lot of what I said in terms of Beck even though I obviously had scummy motives. There is no way you can think Ivan was an SK with the way kills happened. I was in utter disbelief at his flip. Also using VCA against Ice after being completely against it earlier was hilariously hypocritical. Not that I was going to say that in thread =). Also MT's hammer was completely town. There is no chance in that situation that he would hammer scum simply for town cred. The situation of 3 scum still alive D3>>>>>any potential town cred (THAT HE DID NOT EVEN END UP REALLY GETTING)

Would really love to hear the thought process behind the SK play.

The definitely not masons gambit of sorts was definitely interesting, but when it came down to it, (not that you knew this) but we eliminated ourselves, eliminated CA/MT for being on the wagon, it was pretty obvious who they were to scum.

Setup was balanced I thought. Masons being the first 3 NKs seriously sapped their power. But otherwise I think any more town PRs would have been townsided especially if the masons had even just another day alive. More frequent VCs would be the only mod criticism I had. I too am struggling through a game finding replacements, easily the worst in terms of that I've ever modded.

As everyone is complaining about, there are 2 things I never understand. This game it wasn't important, but looking into NKs to an extent. Call it WIFOM but I'm not basing complete cases off of it but I think it's definitely something to look into. This game, the NKs were obvious so not really important. Second is that when someone dies, any opinions they have die with them essentially. Whiskers suspected me, dead never mentioned. Beck suspected me, dead never mentioned.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Scott Brosius wrote:The situation of 3 scum still alive D3>>>>>any potential town cred (THAT HE DID NOT EVEN END UP REALLY GETTING)

>__>
I was so sure you or especially Tommy were going to go "UH OH DEADLINE" and hammer Sub.
Until this game I secretly harbored hopes of an "Unlynchable" title under my name. Bah.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I considered it, but decided that we would definitely be the next 2 to go if that happened and I was probably in a better spot than Tommy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

Beck wrote:MT, your hammer while looking pro-town could easily be a scum hammer SINCE no mafia was on the counter wagon anymore

Sigh. Weigh the benifets versus the costs. The Costs outweigh the benefits to the point where I'd get fucking bankrupt as scum. I'm assuming you think everyone would classify me as
confirmed
town and let me go scot free in lylo. If this is your fear, then there are two important things to learn. One, most people are not as stupid as you think they are, they are well aware of WIFOM situations and thefor wouldn't in the strictest sense, confirm a player
indefinitely
. Second, in lylo, no one would have cared about me hammering for looking pro-town. I'd lose any town cred gained as scum and it'd be null. I'd then gain suspicion for while I'm still alive as well.

Occams Razor is generally reliable.

Beck wrote:Your wishy washy voting for half the playerbase doesn't help either

Okay. You are making a poor generalization that "wishy washy" is bad. (Meh, I was actually tempted to bring up a couple instances of scum attacking me for being wishy washy.)

Were my Votes justified (Y/N)? (----> If the answer in any scenario is yes then disregard wishy washyness as a stupid wiki tell) Changing your mind is very natural, if not inevitable. Plus all my reads were consistent all around.

Beck/ICE/Spoon were all around town all the time. Llama/Jill/Scott/ were Null interchangeably Tommy was confirmed scum a long time ago. Ivan was scum to me on the condition that Tommy was scum. (Hence timidly pushing him/revealing his hydra head). I withdrew the blinker scum read when I realized he was a Mason, and I was forced to compromise on all my strongest reads because no one wanted to vote with me.

Blinker ---> People agree but refuse to vote
Koolzy/Jil ---> Compromise based on deadline/lack of support. People still objected even when they had scum reads on one or both.
Tommy ---> Deadline extension iirc yet no one followed
Sub ---> Compromised based on Lack of Tommy input/he was connected to Tommy/Ivan from mpov.
Llama --> Deadline lynch/called out scummy posts (Which I explained...). I don't even understand why people would question a literally last minute vote to save a no lynch.

The Common theme is I held consistent town reads and interchanged votes because I wanted a goddamn lynch to go through that was at least somewhat related to my stronger reads so I could connect the dots later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”