Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Dichotomafia- Games Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Norinel »

Dichotomafia

Town Status: Game over, these are as of the final day.

5 Alive:

Mastermind of Sin (Replacing Flying Dutchman) (Mason?)
Uraj45 (Replacing KingEnigma (Replacing Uraj45))
Talitha II (Replacing willows_weep)
Fishbulb
ralphmerridew

11 Dead:

the silent speaker (Townie) - shot Night 1
Talitha (Doctor) - lynched Day 1
SpeedyKQ (Replacing MMCL) (Cop) - lynched Day 2
halfpint (Replacing silgado106) (Townie) - shot Night 3
NanookTheWolf (Godfather) - lynched Day 3
Wacky (Outsider) - shot Night 4
Save The Dragons (Mafia) - lynched Day 4
PeaceBringer (Roleblocker) - shot Night 5
Mgm (Mason) - mauled Night 5
Fuldu (Townie) - lynched Day 5
Coron (Replacing lulu muumuu) (One-shot vigilante) - shot Night 6

Village Status: Game over, these are as of the final night.

4 Alive:

Save The Dragons
PeaceBringer
the silent speaker
ralphmerridew

12 Dead:

Uraj45 (Replacing KingEnigma (Replacing Uraj45) (Villager)) - mauled Night 1
Fuldu (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Talitha II (Replacing willows_weep (Seer)) - mauled Night 2
Coron (Replacing lulu muumuu) (Werewolf) - lynched Day 2
Wacky (Apprentice Healer) - mauled Night 3
Fishbulb (Alpha) - lynched Day 3
Talitha (Mason) - mauled Night 4
SpeedyKQ (Replacing MMCL) (Healer) - shot Night 4
Mastermind of Sin (Replacing Flying Dutchman) (Werewolf) - lynched Day 4
NanookTheWolf (Seer) - mauled Night 5
halfpint (Replacing silgado106) (Wolfsbane) - shot Night 5
Mgm (Villager) - lynched Day 5

8 Totally Dead:
Wacky (Outsider/Apprentice Healer) - shot Night 4 in the Town, mauled Night 3 in the Village
Talitha (Doctor/Mason) - lynched Day 1 by the Town, mauled Night 4 in the Village
SpeedyKQ (Replacing MMCL) (Cop/Doctor) - lynched Day 2 by the Town, shot Night 4 in the Village
Fuldu (Townie/Villager) - lynched Day 5 in the Town, lynched Day 1 in the Village
NanookTheWolf (Godfather/Seer) - lynched Day 3 in the Town, mauled Night 5 in the Village
halfpint (Replacing Silgado106) (Townie/Wolfsbane) - shot Night 3 in the Town, shot Night 5 in the Villlage
Mgm (Mason/Villager) - mauled Night 5 in the Town, lynched Day 5 by the Village
Coron (One-shot vigilante/Werewolf) - shot Night 6 in the Town, lynched Day 2 in the Village

History: (These mark the beginning of the Days or Nights they number)
Pregame Clarification (9/12)
Town Night 1 (9/18)
Town Day 1, Village Night 1 (9/25)
Town Night 2, Village Day 1 (10/23)
Town Day 2, Village Night 2 (11/20)
Town Night 3, Village Day 2 (11/26)
Town Day 3, Village Night 3 (1/20)
Town Night 4, Village Day 3 (2/10)
Town Day 4, Village Night 4 (3/9)
Town Night 5, Village Day 4 (4/6)
Town Day 5, Village Night 5 (5/1)
Town Night 6, Village Day 5 (5/22)
Town Day 6, Village Night 6 (5/30)
Endgames (6/18)
Last edited by Norinel on Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:41 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

On the gimmick:

There are two games, which I will refer to as the Town and the Village. (No, we don't want to know why you resigned, and there aren't any marks on the doors.) These games could be considered different games that happen to have the same players and similar schematics (In terms of role assignments and night actions and such), with the following exceptions:

•Your objective is to win both games, regardless of whether or not you survive them. A lesser victory would be to win one game and not the other.
•It is always legal to talk about one game in any medium of communication, public or private, in which it is allowable to talk about the other.
•The days and nights of the games are intertwined; normally, one will be in night and the other will be in day, and the two will move forward together. This means that the thread will almost always be open, but you of course may only post if you are alive in the game where it is day. I will accept night choices up to the point when the lynching vote is cast in the other game.
•At the beginning of the game, the Town is in Night 1, while the Village game has not yet begun; the Village will enter Night 1 and Village roles will be sent out when the Town moves to Day 1.
•If a day ends hastily (Defined as a lynch within five days of the beginning of the day or a modkill), I will suspend that game to allow some time for the night in the other by locking the thread and holding the revelation of the lynchee or modkillee's role and the end of the other game's night until a stated deadline.
•On any night other than the Town's Night 1, you may change your night choice if you wish; I will use the last thing I received before the end of the night.
•When one game ends, the roles of the remaining players but not night choices will be revealed, and the other game will proceed as a normal game would.

On the roles:

The Town is Mafia-themed, and the Village is Werewolf-themed. As I said in the blurb, either game could run on its own and would qualify as a Normal game; there's nothing in either that hasn't been seen before.

Since I don't like many of Princeton's Werewolf names, I'll be using my own set. However, since giving a list of rolename correspondences would lead to unacceptable PseudoMetaGaming, I won't. Instead, you may ask what the corresponding Werewolf rolename to any Mafia role, either publicly or privately, and I will respond in kind.

Well, okay, I'll give you one:
You are a Townie. No powers to speak of.

You are pro-town; you win when the threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Confirm by PM.
You are a Villager. No powers to speak of.

You are pro-village; you win when the threats to the Village have been eliminated.

Confirm by PM or in the thread.
Other role PMs are similarly bare-bones; the other major commonality is that, in roles with night choices, the last line becomes "Confirm and send your Night 1 choice by PM." or "Confirm by PM or in the thread and PM your Night 1 choice.". If you're dead in the Town, a pm confirmation for the Village role would be preferable. Although the roles will not take advantage of the two-gamed nature, the PMs may to reduce confusion. (Along the lines of "at night in the Town" instead of just "at night", for instance.)

On more general things: (Stolen from myself, twice now.)

Standard rules apply, with the following exceptions/extensions:

Notify me (Don't just post in the vacation thread, post here or pm me) if you're going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours. Commitment to sixteen other people, blah blah blah. I'll be using the same system I did in SH, but with a longer deadline- general request or seven days without a post (Assuming that you're alive in the game where it's day and haven't already told me and stuff) will be brought up in the thread and get you prodded, no response for 72 hours will get you replaced.

Private messaging is the preferred method of communication with the moderator for night choices, questions, and the like. If it appears there's a problem, pm me. There may not be.
Players whose choices I do not receive by the end of the night (Whether it be brought about by the end of the day in the other game or by deadline) will be considered to take no action, unless they must perform an action, in which case the target will be chosen at random.

One may vote: no lynch, and a majority of such votes will end the day without lynching.

As soon as one person reaches the lynch threshold (Or a day deadline is reached) but before my actually posting their death sequence, it is considered twilight, during which nobody should post game-related stuff. (I'll forgive an honest mistake)

When a day deadline is reached, the person with the most votes is lynched if they have at least half of the required votes. If there are multiple people with the same number of votes at a deadline, the one who reached that number first is lynched. If no one has half the majority, no one is lynched.

Since I expect there to be more Night discussion then there's been in my past games, I don't need carbon copies of everything. After the Night ends, someone should send me a summary of the discussion. If you are in a group with three or more people, it may be to your advantage to only communicate with certain members of that group; this is legal, just send me a summary of this in addition to what the whole group does.

If I change any of these rules (Or the standard rules) at any time, I'll announce it. Anything rules-related I say after making this post, publicly or privately, takes precedence over this post.

Modkilling during the day takes the place of a lynch and will almost always kill the player in both games, but the day will be suspended as previously explained.

If someone is attacked more times in the night than they are protected, they still die.

A player's night action succeeds on the night he/she dies unless there is some other reason for the action to fail; notably, an information role performing an investigation will receive a result.

If four periods (nights or days) pass with no deaths whatsoever, the appropriate game will be declared a tie among all sides with one or more surviving players unless there is some reason for me to do otherwise.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

All right. Computer problems are persisting, but I've got the town role pms. I don't have the time to send them out right now, and I want to do some PM box cleaning before I get this underway, so I'll follow mathslamm's lead and allow anyone to post questions before I send roles out.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:11 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

so I take it that a protection then only covers one form of attack. If attacked by a mafia and vig and protected/healed by doctor then the player will die.

Which attack would get credit for death in that situation?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

PeaceBringer wrote:so I take it that a protection then only covers one form of attack. If attacked by a mafia and vig and protected/healed by doctor then the player will die.

Which attack would get credit for death in that situation?
That's not really the sort of question I was planning on answering, but both.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:25 am

Post by silgado106 »

I think this can be assumed from the rules and things you have posted but I am not quite sure so just to make sure: people are going to have different allignments in each game right? Therefore we shouldn't assume things from one game onto the other?
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:56 am

Post by Fuldu »

If I'm dead in one and alive in the other, can I post role specific information (investigative results, for example) from my dead role during the daytime of my living role? It seems like this is acceptable, but I see no reason that a dead cop from the Mafia game who is still alive in the Werewolf game would have any incentive to lie about his results, nor do I see any reason that the town wouldn't believe him. Either there's something I'm missing or we're going to have precisely the problem that "no talking after you're dead" is supposed to rectify.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:01 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Fuldu wrote:Either there's something I'm missing or we're going to have precisely the problem that "no talking after you're dead" is supposed to rectify.
This is the whole point that makes this game so special, I think......
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:03 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

I would think that being alive in one and dead in another, if dead in the other that you would not be allowed to reveal the info in the other game.

Think of it as being in more then one game at a time, you don't go giving information in one game about your role in another. I would think same here, and would expect failure to do so would result in mod kill. But that is my read, interested of course in mods answer.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:24 am

Post by Mgm »

I'd like to hear about that too. If you're allowed to talk about the game that's in night, then there's proabably more things you can do that you're usually not allowed to do.

Mod?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:16 am

Post by lulu muumuu »

i thought that's what this covered:
Norinel wrote: •It is always legal to talk about one game in any medium of communication, public or private, in which it is
allowable
to talk about the other.
(my bolding)

technically, it's not allowed to talk about kills once you're dead, so i assume that you still can't even in the other game, though other elements can be discussed?

then again... can you please provide an example of allowed conversation, perhaps?
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by Norinel »

silgado106 wrote:people are going to have different allignments in each game right? Therefore we shouldn't assume things from one game onto the other?
Role assignments are independent of the other game. Any coincidences are random.org's fault.
Fuldu wrote:If I'm dead in one and alive in the other, can I post role specific information (investigative results, for example) from my dead role during the daytime of my living role?
Yes. I've considered its effects on balance. If you don't want someone talking at all, you'll have to get him killed in both games.
lulu muumuu wrote: technically, it's not allowed to talk about kills once you're dead, so i assume that you still can't even in the other game, though other elements can be discussed?
What do you mean by about kills?

Here's an example, using the newbie setup doubled (Without the werewolf theming, skipping the first N0.):

Day 1 in Game A begins, and it's the pre-game Night 0 in Game B. Everyone can post in the thread (Since it's Day in A, where everyone's alive), and the mafia in B can communicate, since it's Night in B. The B mafia can communicate about anything relevant to either game- strategy for the coming Day, who they find suspicious in Game A, how wonderful I am for thinking up this idea, whatever.

The town lynches mafia in Game A; it immediately becomes Night 1 in A and Day 1 in B. Everyone's still alive in B, so everyone can still post in thread. The dead A mafia can't communicate privately with his partner, because he's dead in A. (If there were surviving Game A mafia, they could still talk with the other survivors.) The town decides that the scum they lynched in A Day 1 is still suspicious, so they lynch him again. He's a townie, and is now completely dead.

It's now Day 2 in A and Night 1 in B. All choices sent before the lynching vote were cast are processed; as it happens, the mafia got the A cop. The five people alive in A can post in the thread, and the B mafia can communicate. Since it happens that the A cop is B mafia, she can give her partner the result, comment on who's suspicious, etc.

Do I need to continue?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:10 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Not really a question, but something you should be apprised of: the Jewish holdiay season is appraching, and it falls out this year that most of the computer-absolutely-not-allowed days are Thursday-Friday. That means that I will not be posting from Wednesday afternoon at latest to Saturday night at earliest for some weeks (this one, for instance). I should still be able to participate, and I don't want to be replaced, but expect my posts to be mainly in the first half of the week for the first three weeks or so.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by Norinel »

If nobody has anything else to say, I'll send roles out sometime tomorrow.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:00 pm

Post by Mgm »

:P Yeah, let's get this one rolling!
Show
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Post by Wacky »

Well, I just discovered this thread, because I was waiting for the role pm, and not checking theme park, and maybe some other people are in the same situation. Will there be two threads, or will it all be in here?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:51 pm

Post by Mgm »

I think it's one. Since day and night intertwine, you only need one thread.
Show
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:49 pm

Post by Norinel »

One unless somebody comes up with a really really good reason for two.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:07 am

I really, really prefer two. If you want to analyze all posts made by someone in one of the games I don't want posts in an 'other game' showing up with the view all posts by-link. It just makes rereading one game so much harder if another one is in the same thread.......
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:50 am

Post by Norinel »

True. The big downside of having two threads is that one of them will be severely buried; I'd be interested in others' opinions.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:53 am

It won't be buried below the other games that are in night, so I don't think that would cause severe problems.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:57 am

Post by silgado106 »

Yeah, two threads would definately make it much easier, and I don't really think they are going to get too buried either, there's plenty of games that are over and are not too far down on the list, so ours shouldn't go down too much. But it is up to you Norinel.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:02 am

Post by Mgm »

It might indeed make searching for specific info in one game easier. Hmm, I don't really care either way. I'll just wait and see what the mod decides.
Show
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:16 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

I also don't really care if one or 2
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:26 pm

Post by Wacky »

<- Indifferent
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”