massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:49 pm

Post by massive »

Oh come on, it's Thanksgiving in the States (and here in US pocket communities in Germany as well) ... I think I should be able to get SOME slack for not posting. And although I do dearly want to imitate IS and get all OMGUS on Leonidas ... I think I'm going to
vote big_kahunia
. That comment about how the death looked like an SK smelled like first hand knowledge.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:56 am

Post by massive »

It's because you have no imagination, and are assuming that this game must mirror every other game that you've ever been in.

There's nothing stating Mafia can't stab. There's nothing stating that we have an SK. In fact, the opening text clearly says "every day one citizen by democratic voting untill all the mafiosi are dead or until only mafiosi remain." So initial reaction by anyone reading the opening post would be that our only night kill would have to be Mafia, as there's no room in the victory conditions for a serial killer. And yet clearly BK has decided that this stabbing death is more likely a serial killer. And I contend that he knows more than we do -- either because he is the serial killer, or because he's Mafia and made the kill and hopes we'll waste time looking for a non-existent SK.

But hey, it's all just my opinion, and in any case I feel at least like I'm doing my job and hunting scum.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:20 pm

Post by massive »

NanookTheWolf wrote:It has nothing to do with imagination, it has to do with day 1 assumption. Wouldn't you look dandy if it shows up tomorrow with two kills, a shooting and and a stabbing?
No, actually, I'd be vindicated, because then we'd KNOW that BK was operating with extra knowledge ... which is what I've been saying I think is happening all along.

Nanook, you're really going WAY out of your way to defend BK. It's almost getting more suspicious to me than BK himself.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:04 pm

Post by massive »

unvote BK
vote Nanook

I at least have legitimate reasons to vote for either of those people. And yes, I know I'm talking to a brick wall, here, IS.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:00 am

Post by massive »

Yeah, I'm content with my vote still. And I'm really wondering about Locus now -- coming up with completely out-of-the-blue conditions for the SK seems like he just wants to be able to have a reason to FOS Flying Dutchman.

Also, it's awful convenient that Nanook managed to "live" in the only district of the game that's been revealed so far: The Harbor.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:22 am

Post by massive »

Hrm. I live in one of the outed districts. Still happy with my vote.

Nanook: If you wanted to convey the idea that you were protecting BK because you thought I was scum ... well maybe you should have voted me?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:39 pm

Post by massive »

Yeah, I agree, I can't see any reason why a Mafia would be so blatantly obvious on day one. I really think Nanook was trying to tie his "innocence" into someone who he thought was going to be lynched. That only works if the target is innocent, and Nanook would know better than us.

Leonidas: Could you give us any more information about why you're voting Dodgy, or more importantly, why you did NOT follow the bandwagon onto big_kahunia?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:55 pm

Post by massive »

Am back from the UK, will go through more later, but I'm disinclined to believe BK's claim.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:36 pm

Post by massive »

I still don't understand, even WITH the "confirmations", why people are unvoting. It doesn't seem like James Bond 007 would be in this game at all. It sounds more like a made-up role to go with a real-life ability. And who pray tell would want to lie about that?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:03 pm

Post by massive »

Yeah, I'm trying to make this make sense and it just doesn't. If BK is a "cop" whose MO is "breaking into people's houses", and he gets caught every night, then he's the worst 007 in history. I mean, worse than Roger Moore.

There's another possibility beyond mafia spy, and that's mafia wannabe -- who searches one person each night looking for the mafia, and joins them when he finds them.

vote big_kahunia

His defense is that he wants us to point to an example where a Mafia spy has been used in a mini? It's
post hoc ergo propter hoc
and the two things are completely unrelated. And people seem to forget that there were legitimate reasons for the bandwagon to begin with before hopping off at the ridiculous roleclaim.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:12 pm

Post by massive »

Yggdrasil's point is interesting ... but there's also a possibility that no town members have a "role" and it's only scum. I know *I* don't have a role.

I'm still comfortable with my vote.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:31 pm

Post by massive »

I think you know that I mean "name" in this instance. It was pretty clear when read with Yggdrasil's post and the quoties around the word "role". Trying to obfuscate people's points and throw suspicion on them isn't going to help get you unvoted.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:32 pm

Post by massive »

I think you know that I mean "name" in this instance. It was pretty clear when read with Yggdrasil's post and the quoties around the word "role". Trying to obfuscate people's points and throw suspicion on them isn't going to help get you unvoted.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:59 am

Post by massive »

I'm still content with my Jaguar vote. Those of you who are not, and would like us to look at a better candidate, please step forward.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:11 pm

Post by massive »

Nobody's going to lynch Dodgy today.

Dodgy: Why, exactly, do you think that just because Jaguar is telling the truth about being in your house, that makes the rest of her story true? The order of events in terms of BK/Jaguar's story is NOT that BK claimed first, by the way: Dodgy said he might have "valuable information" depending on BK's role claim, and you can tell by BK's response (145) that he knows exactly what that information is. It takes him three days to finally come up with his role claim .. and in it he only mentions that someone saw him when he ran away from Dodgy's house, and not from Yggdrasil's house (which we find out later that Ygg saw him as well). BK's real role PM probably said there was a chance he'd get seen, but Dodgy's early "hint" let him know he'd been seen once -- not twice. In fact, while it appears that BK knows that this is part of his role, neither he NOR Jaguar mention it when they're going back over their role claim.

I agree with IS; it's been going on two weeks now that Jaguar is our ONLY possible lynch, and yet no one has sealed the deal, and no one has brought up any new ideas. Can we please move on?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:11 pm

Post by massive »

Nobody's going to lynch Dodgy today.

Dodgy: Why, exactly, do you think that just because Jaguar is telling the truth about being in your house, that makes the rest of her story true? The order of events in terms of BK/Jaguar's story is NOT that BK claimed first, by the way: Dodgy said he might have "valuable information" depending on BK's role claim, and you can tell by BK's response (145) that he knows exactly what that information is. It takes him three days to finally come up with his role claim .. and in it he only mentions that someone saw him when he ran away from Dodgy's house, and not from Yggdrasil's house (which we find out later that Ygg saw him as well). BK's real role PM probably said there was a chance he'd get seen, but Dodgy's early "hint" let him know he'd been seen once -- not twice. In fact, while it appears that BK knows that this is part of his role, neither he NOR Jaguar mention it when they're going back over their role claim.

I agree with IS; it's been going on two weeks now that Jaguar is our ONLY possible lynch, and yet no one has sealed the deal, and no one has brought up any new ideas. Can we please move on?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:14 pm

Post by massive »

Son of a ...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”