Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2068, PrivateI wrote:@ SirCakez: Can you elaborate on what you meant in 1607 by "Gypyx is playing to his scum meta" from TENET Mafia in particular?
I'm dropping that point anyways, but at the time I meant Gypyx was playing like he did in Tent (very non-present, not really committing to anything)
Morning Tweet wrote: Cakes do you rlly have towntells that only Maria or otherwise only a small set of people are aware of?
Apparently???? Maria won't tell me. Cabd has secret scum tells that he claims are how he caught me in Xenoblade 2 but he won't tell me what they were.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:00 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2073, Morning Tweet wrote:i would argue that because its a silly internet game that makes it okay by virtue of it being silly

but ill look more into it
yea lying to your friends about being red/green is ok.

emotionally manipulating someone you love is like not really something you do?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2071, Morning Tweet wrote:Eh i can kind of see 2001 as towny in a "idc if this looks bad" kind of way but in Silent Star Royalty (scum game) Gypyx didnt really pretend to have reads either
And how was that post you pointed out me not having reads though
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:05 am

Post by midwaybear »

I don't think that was emotional manipulation. It was pretty early in the game and not in response to pressure. I don't know if people are seeking to manipulate others that early on. It read more of a follow up of past game.
What do you think of her actions besides the interactions with you?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

what?

pedit: gypyx
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2079, Morning Tweet wrote:what?

I don't see how the quote you made is linked to your argument
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Where are you b eing emotionally manipulated? @Pooky

i dont think doing the lover thing or whatever counts
In post 2030, SirCakez wrote:I don't understand what you're expecting me to do here. "start a wagon" like how? Write a case? I only do that rarely.
i kind of doubt cakes could start a wagon with the amount of players suspecting him so I dont think its fair to accuse him for sitting back, unless thats something he specifically does as scum
In post 2020, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
Spoiler: about maria
In post 627, Spring Breeze wrote:
In post 616, Cheetory6 wrote:I think maria's gut is probably more accurate/reliable than my headspace right now and I'd ideally like to coordinate with people I think are town.
is there an explanation for maria!town?
Weird shade out of nowhere
In post 1221, SirCakez wrote:Creature thinks Gamma, Gyp and Maria are suspiciously
Rule of 3
In post 1233, Spring Breeze wrote:CONDENSED THOUGHTS

*snip*

i'm also kind of concerned with how people blindly lock maria as town, it's almost as if people are scared to do anything else
In post 1209, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1120, MariaR wrote:I personally feel like Zaiden will become a more obvious wolf as the game goes on as you can see where Jingle will be the other way around so I would personally take a shot at them. However, if people aren't overly keen I will take the easy one.
^^i like this thought from maria

if maria is playing from a scum mindset, then it means that she successfully created a significant amount of momentum against zaiden and ensured that he would become the focal point of discussion today, only to deliberately switch her push onto a much more intimidating player and risk drawing a lot of heat on herself.

maria was already a universal TR when she made this post, so it's difficult to see the scum intent behind deliberately switching off of the wagon and the momentum that she singlehandedly created. the most simple answer is that her progression is coming from a town mindset
it's just maria saying i could do X or i could do Y. it does mean maria is probably town though
I don't get the weird shade here only to end with Maria=town
In post 1235, SirCakez wrote:Yeah good call on Maria SB
Creature raised some good points against her in our PT
Cheet's desire to sheep her is suspicious
Shade but then directing focus elsewhere
In post 1237, SirCakez wrote:I think it's weird that Maria has been townread by many for seemingly little reason yes
Cake avoids ever actually pushing Maria
In post 1491, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1488, SirCakez wrote:y'all get to see something rare. a sircakez readslist!

town - pink ball, morning tweet, spf
nulltown - spring breeze, jake, midwaybear
null - murdersunny, spring breeze, gamma
???/halp me/ever so slightly edging on scum - noraa, cheet, zaiden
nullscum - pooky, jingle
scum - something_smart, maria, gypyx
oops I put spring breeze in two places
I think I will call them nulltown for now
I missed this before, if I'm right then this is just lol
In post 1831, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1488, SirCakez wrote:y'all get to see something rare. a sircakez readslist!

town - pink ball, morning tweet, spf
nulltown - spring breeze, jake, midwaybear
null - murdersunny, spring breeze, gamma
???/halp me/ever so slightly edging on scum - noraa, cheet, zaiden
nullscum - pooky, jingle
scum - something_smart, maria, gypyx
Oh yeah and Maria!
I feel like my posts are not being read
Forgot he was distancing from Maria
In post 1900, SirCakez wrote:I am caught up.

VOTE: Gypyx

This is my strongest scumread for reasons you can see scattered through my catchup. I also strongly SR Something_Smart, Jingle and Maria.
I am a little less sure about Pooky so I will call him nullscum.
Again never questioning or pushing Maria
Being concerned with maria being locked as town then concluding probably town anyway is kind of weird, although i suppose the point is that scum are too worried to SR her (?) Unsure how that translates to the whole thread TRing there though

i am deeply curious about the strong SR on Maria cause ive been under the impression there isn't much to work with on her so far

I see why pre-flippy stuff is being talked abt now -- it's like the only way one could hope to nail the entire team on the first day, even though i dont think ive ever seen it done. I lightly like if it's being engaged in although contingent on how accurate it is because a lot of times scum are overly zealous to set up a dying scum with a bunch of other people, this happened in death curse. Here though i lean it is actually because Murder is concerned with scoring the big bucks
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:14 am

In post 2078, midwaybear wrote:I don't think that was emotional manipulation. It was pretty early in the game and not in response to pressure. I don't know if people are seeking to manipulate others that early on. It read more of a follow up of past game.
What do you think of her actions besides the interactions with you?
I kind of just ignore people after I throw them in my town-bin unless the game state moves to a point where my townbin has to be wrong then I re-evaluate everything.

Most of what she's done is not very memorable, she is not very assertive in general. It could be due to pressure from the event or because of the size and pacing of the game, I think a lot of the conclusions PB has jumped to about her are quite ungenerous.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:15 am

In post 2081, Morning Tweet wrote:Where are you b eing emotionally manipulated? @Pooky
I don't think she's emotionally manipulating me, I think she's just stating what's in her heart.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2080, Gypyx wrote:

Oh my bad, i can link it better
In post 2001, Gypyx wrote:ok uh imma be real i don't recall why gamma is there

i'll try to trace back my thoughtprocess but no guarantees
In post 2002, Something_Smart wrote:^this is towny I think.

at the very least it's a whole-ass mood.
Cakez wrote:I highly disagree and I think this is kind of an odd assessment of that post. If anything it's pretty scummy because not being able to trace reads makes it sound like Gypyx was faking them.
my point being that i recall you falling back on not having anything in silent star royalty and particularly in the scum chat you didnt really have a direction you were trying to take most of the time -- i think you were kind of absent and fell behind in that game, so maybe not such a great correlation though

I want to way you were leagues more proactive in The Trials though, to the point where i believe i townread you
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2084, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2080, Gypyx wrote:

Oh my bad, i can link it better
In post 2001, Gypyx wrote:ok uh imma be real i don't recall why gamma is there

i'll try to trace back my thoughtprocess but no guarantees
In post 2002, Something_Smart wrote:^this is towny I think.

at the very least it's a whole-ass mood.
Cakez wrote:I highly disagree and I think this is kind of an odd assessment of that post. If anything it's pretty scummy because not being able to trace reads makes it sound like Gypyx was faking them.
my point being that i recall you falling back on not having anything in silent star royalty and particularly in the scum chat you didnt really have a direction you were trying to take most of the time -- i think you were kind of absent and fell behind in that game, so maybe not such a great correlation though

I want to way you were leagues more proactive in The Trials though, to the point where i believe i townread you
ok now it's me not understeanding what you're saying lol, basically you're saying my strat was to say i don't have anything buuuuut at the same time you're tr'ing me cuz i was active in the trials????????????

although, silent star shouldn't be taken as a great example of scum!me, just show how i can sometimes collapse when under pressure, but doesn't say much more, as you said i fell behind
Show

bottom text
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I townread you in the trials where you were actually pretty stand out compared to the rest of the game. Like i dont think i wavered on that at all and that was in a game with >50% of the playerlist being LHF/not playing

i do not townread you in this game and you're more similar to Royalty although i understand that royalty might not be how you always are as scum. However cakes watching you in Tenet and observing that you are playing similarly gives me the impression that perhaps you are just much more active as town

i think the confusion is that im saying i townread your performance *in that game*, im not townreading you here *because of that game*
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2068, PrivateI wrote:maybe the real chills are the friends we made along the way.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2069, midwaybear wrote:I think Pooky's read might be a little biased.
But I get where he's coming from and I believe him. His townread is genuine
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 am

Post by midwaybear »

Yeah, I think his read makes sense from his perspective, but even though it makes sense, I think it is still a bit favorable.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Zaiden »

My thoughts on the Cakez/S_S set of interactions:

@Cakez, you've answered a few of the questions I'd had. However, I'm not convinced by the 'meta shift' argument because I would have assumed it's in town's best interest to remain consistent with their town meta, especially in something like a team mafia game where more is on the line. Or are you trying to say that your development as a player is completely separate from meta altogether? Although I'm in agreement of Gypyx being a scumread I'm not following your progression for why Gypyx is scum. Could you elaborate on the overlaps between TENET (which I didn't play in) and this game? To the person who said this game is different from TENET - how different and would it disqualify any comparison to this game?
In post 1938, Noraa wrote:S_S' s only scummy thing this game is that they are full of IIoa.
They aren't talking that much game related/useful/helpful things.
A lot of what they say is entirely useless and like sideline-y.
If that's the scum case, its weak but I do buy it.
Had a google of IIoa. Didn't S_S analyse Cakez's scum meta to try and prove a point as opposed to purely spewing information? I think it's disingenuous to pretend there's a lack of analysis from S_S. It's just that S_S has chosen to focus on one person. Nora, does that mean Pink Ball has IIoa'd against Spring Breeze from your perspective too for focusing hard on bringing a case against a single person?
In post 1952, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1940, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1937, midwaybear wrote:Well what would you do as scum then?
Probably something similar, maybe a little less intense. But I would be genuinely doing it to understand, and not to change his mind.
Ok so this is basically admitting you are doing what you'd do as scum.
With S_S, I also don't think scum would outright admit 'This is how I would act as scum'. And I don't think scum would readily admit to that or rail so hard against Cakez in such a public way. I'm townleaning S_S here.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:44 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 2090, Zaiden wrote:To the person who said this game is different from TENET - how different and would it disqualify any comparison to this game?
It's a different game with different mechanics, so scum probably have an altogether different plan to approach this game. Cakez was feeling Pooky was scum for replicating some scum behaviors, but I don't think it translates well.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2072, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 2068, PrivateI wrote:@ MURDERSUNNY: It's been about 1,000 posts since post 997, can you talk a bit about your "master plan" with the Noraa wagon?
Voting Noraa is a good way to read her, when I saw people shading her I wanted to see if there would be a wagon and who would actually commit. Noraa death tunnels people who push her so scum are more likely to do what cake did and shade without voting. IIRC, MT was similar but had a bit more weight behind the push even without a vote so I focused on cake.

Hope you feel better by the way
This is just cruel. I'm disappointed that this is your master plan of how to sort me.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2086, Morning Tweet wrote:I townread you in the trials where you were actually pretty stand out compared to the rest of the game. Like i dont think i wavered on that at all and that was in a game with >50% of the playerlist being LHF/not playing

i do not townread you in this game and you're more similar to Royalty although i understand that royalty might not be how you always are as scum. However cakes watching you in Tenet and observing that you are playing similarly gives me the impression that perhaps you are just much more active as town

i think the confusion is that im saying i townread your performance *in that game*, im not townreading you here *because of that game*
ah okay, well in the trial i was trying to be a little more gut based, and had quite a lot of free time, so that prob explains?

kinda like how i'm apparently both following my play of being inactive like in ss3 and my SoC floodposting style from TENET lol

and alright i see, well that's fair, i'll obvtown eventually when i'll have time
Show

bottom text
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2020, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Rule of 3
?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2090, Zaiden wrote:Had a google of IIoa. Didn't S_S analyse Cakez's scum meta to try and prove a point as opposed to purely spewing information? I think it's disingenuous to pretend there's a lack of analysis from S_S. It's just that S_S has chosen to focus on one person. Nora, does that mean Pink Ball has IIoa'd against Spring Breeze from your perspective too for focusing hard on bringing a case against a single person?
No IIoa just means too many of their posts actually say nothing.
I know S_S has done some stuff this game but off the top of my head I can't really name anything too big.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:52 am

In post 2034, SirCakez wrote:I want to preface this wall @SS by saying that I don't think this is being productive anymore and if you're town here you should go off and do your own thing because this conversation isn't changing my mind.
Yeah I agree, I was trying to only respond to things where the response was straightforward and relevant. I think we can drop it here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 am

In post 2040, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I could just flirt shamelessly with Kanna in the scum PT instead of having to do it in public :3
Unlikely
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Gypyx »

NORAA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Show

bottom text
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Noraa »

Ah yes beautiful. Being an imposter gypyx is fun

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”