Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 1064, sangres wrote:
In post 906, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 900, sangres wrote:My Kitty Trauma Team worries are growing. I like some of what they've posted. I'm surprised mala hasn't tried to connect with us more. Nacho has some concerns, too, partly to do with kuribo. Not sure I can do them justice for him in his absence, so they can wait until Nacho's around.
Nachos just gonna have to get over it, it's not like I'm in the middle of moving and working 70 hours a week and hate being town and presently having Covid vaccine side effects like a mother or slipped last night in a puddle of dog piss and busted my bad knee. I mean obviously I'm just so active all over the site, that's why I post nightly in my NES thread. Oh no wait I haven't even had time for that in over a week.

Turns out a hydra consisting of two retired players working in Covid hotspot fields aren't the most active posters

I mean who knew

And since y'all always hate on hydras who have dissonance between them, Mala gets my reads first. Love it or don't, idgaf, imma go throw up now. Deuces.
I'm sorry things aren't going great and I'll try to factor in your and Mala's time constraints. I'm not trying to piss you off. I'm trying to read you. We both have to read you guys somehow or other, based on what you post.

Personally, I don't get worked up about dissonance as long is I can see that the individual reads are internally consistent.

---------------------------
In post 940, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Was skimming the thread yesterday in between calls and then having a major freak out because I didn’t have just vomit on one piece of clothing, but two after my patient decided to leave me that present.

So the whole LLD v Math v Dunn is kinda taking up majority of the thread and I think right now scum are hiding in that distraction. I have a strong townread on 2/3 of those players. Kuribo actually agrees with me on that as well. For Dunn I’m more or less reading null on him. I’m not 100% following the scum read on him, but the last time I had a decent vibe on him it turned out to be wrong.
Who do you think is hiding in the distraction?
@Fery: Part of the reason why I haven’t connected was the last game I played with a few familiar faces I got snowed really hard by them. So I’m trying to disconnect the buddying approach as it majority fucked me last game I was in.
How does your non-buddying approach work? I'm really not sure how to go about reading 2021-Mala.
I don’t think both twins are the same alignment. I actually happen to believe that Titus will have a decent chance at flipping scum, whereas, Math will most likely flip town.
This is a point of agreement.
I’m currently liking Mastina’s posting. She can go in my townbin for now.
What is it you like about Mastina's posting?
VOTE: SirCakez

Kuribo has a gut feeling that this slot is prob scum. I have to agree with it. Between the whole trying to paint a picture with the whole wording over a “meltdown” that wasn’t really a “meltdown”.

Even tho I been at work for an hour I’m not fully awake so give me a bit of time to let my antimurder juice kick in and I’ll try to post something more of a better read list

-M
That's an interesting trajectory. Am I getting tangled up in dissonance?

I have been trying to personally use work less as an excuse during games, but I have been learning to balance it a bit more since coming back to the site.

To answer your question regarding the distraction: I noticed a bit of a pattern we had a mixture of different people posting and then the type of content that were being posted.

I had liked how Math engaged Prism during the morning, but things went south when LLD got into the mixture and then it just went up in a fiery blaze — just like my call today.

We had people who I noticed who were trying to sort out reads in addition to trying to get a hand on the artifact during the morning. (Tammy/Sangres/Math/LLD) Then we had the players that posted, but their content to say the least I would describe as a mixture of “one liners/trolly/buddy-buddy”.(Bell, BM, SirCakez, Pooky) then we had a few players who posted no content at all such as prod-dodges or those who barely posted at all. (Dunn, Mastina, GreyICE, Bork).

Those players who weren’t in the whole trying to sort players out kinda got to stay in the shadows as you would call it. I think personally a lot of people just started to go with the flow and was like let’s vote Math D1, which then obviously got stronger once LLD claimed.

I haven’t really gotten a handle on my play style anymore because I feel like I’m so rusty with mafia that before Hiatus I was terrible and then when I came back I’m even worse. I have really only played maybe four games and only one was scum and that game I felt like I did better, but that’s because I was able to hide a bit during the player list. I just know I got wrapped up in my last game I played as town and got distracted and didn’t sort the “older” players because I tried too hard to sort the newer and got snowed really hard. I kinda brushed off the older players.

Along with the fact since coming back from Hiatus I barely remember any meta, or meta-tells on players are now gone or at least evolved from when I was last active.

I know I’ll need more solid proof, but the last time I played with Titus she turned out to be town and I feel like she’s 180 here currently. She hasn’t really even acknowledged my present/tried to sort me like she would in past games. Then again I don’t know if we have a personal disconnect going here or maybe I just feel like there might be.

I think it’s because I’m finding myself agreeing with a lot of Mastina’s posting. I’ll do a separate post with quotes for you.

Your slot is getting tangled up in dissonance. Kuribo has a theory regarding your slot, but we need a flip or two in order for him to flesh it out. So it’s really hard to explain because it’s so early with no flips in order to do it. I actually happen to be okay with your posts or at least I’m not finding anything red-flaggish. So we have a conflict here.

-M

This was originally better, but then when my iPad died I lost the whole entire post and I’m kinda brain dead and exhausted from the whole day.

Spoiler: “This is why I didn’t post today”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1066, Spiffeh wrote:I'm catching up now but here's a real hot take: The star-crossed siblings MathBlade and Titus are both Town and will be mislimmed this game despite my efforts.

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Ok maybe it was only post 932 that I liked in regards to Mastina. >>

I guess if I were to actually flesh out her posts they are underwhelming to say the least
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:38 pm

In post 1067, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1065, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Kuribo is going to be out of commission until he feels better. He’ll be keeping me updated, but I want him to focus on feeling better.

@Prism: I was in between whether or not you were town/scum from when you and Math were first being engaged. I dead set agree with Math that you kept saying that your claim would show you are super town, but in terms of flavor it doesn’t. The enough information/episodes I watched I have to agree that H.G. wells wouldn’t start off with that artifact.

I also know P_A/Cabd enough that they wouldn’t let a game get broken via flavor.

Right now my personal reads (outside of Kuribo’s) are more vibes than actual cases. I have a really bad feeling regarding Titus/Prism/SirCakez.
I do think LLD/Math are likely to flip town. I have a feeling that Tammy/Mastina are town. I do have a feeling sangres might be town* (*this may change depending on how Prism flips)
I really didn’t like Bells/Dunn/BM beginning posts.

-M
I think you’re missing my point.

I think this doesn’t make sense for town prism and scum prism (which necessitates scum Bork and sorts itself out)

The powers claimed kinda confirms LLD as mason much as I tried to avoid that so LLD likely doesn’t get shot. Hence the winkies as I was being sarcastic and hoping people doubted LLD as a mason not to run her up but to avoid being shot.

I think yes the powers are scum utility but scum Prism just doesn’t out that and confirm LLD and another player without a serious game plan. Prism’s plan was flawed but I think it’s so flawed it can’t be scum.
Okay now that I can somewhat focus.

It doesn’t make sense for either alignment. I was actually half thinking a traitor role for Prism which would actually make sense for HG flavor.

I knew what you were doing with the winks in regards to LLD.

Then again the way prism has gone about this game is all types of odd. I don’t really see how scum-Prism does this, but again I don’t see how town-Prism does it either.

I just don’t want us to say okay its so flawed it can’t be scum and then she flips scum after all of it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Still in the middle of my catchup but feeling solid with my Dunnstral vote.

The way he's approaching his extended engagements, particularly with sangres: not really acknowledging or caring where ffery is coming from when she's gone above and beyond to explain her issues with him, and acting like he has an answer for everything while she's the one in the wrong really bothers me.

In Tenet, town!Dunnstral seeked out hard town reads Deacon Blues and Dandelion Wine (who ended up being scum, but irrelevant) who he discussed EVERYTHING with, to the point that their neighborhood PT almost reached 50 pages by the end of the game. He constantly bounced ideas off of them in the neighborhood; I literally got to-the-minute play-by-plays in the scum Discord from Cabd about Dunnstral's latest theories and reads. He was always churning them out because he had a bloc he felt confident in, and obviously valued their opinions.

Where in his ISO does Dunn exhibit this desire to identify and mind meld with his town reads? I can't find anything. He lists LLD, Prism, and Bell as town reads. He has not engaged with ANY OF THEM on reads one time. Bell, one of Dunn's listed town reads, has me as his highest townread, while Dunn himself has me as one of his strongest scum reads. There's been no initiative on Dunn's end to convince Bell he's wrong, or try to engage with Bell about what he sees. Because he doesn't care about finding scum.

90% of his posts are reactionary, whether it be in response to MathBlade, ffery, myself, borkjerfkin. This isn't bad on its own, but these interactions offer no visible evaluation or desire to see where the other player is coming from, he's just getting into extended back and forths to inflate his post count and seem like he's contributing when he's not.

Everything listed above is so unlike the town!Dunnstral I have seen. He is not town here.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I’d compromise on Dunn but BM Titus or maybe even Mastina imho are better.

Dunn feels icky and I don’t discount your reasons but that same icky was in the DBZ game that just completed where I was scum and didn’t take advantage of it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm happy with sangres's questioning of Kitty Trauma Team and don't really want to go further in light of kuribo's last post. The only one I have to add on is that several players have yet to explain why "town-Prism's actions don't make sense" beyond "Why pass an artifact to someone else?", and I want to know if there's anything else. I think 1015 explains my mechanical thinking regarding my opening well enough: as far as I can tell there's been no commentary about my reads, pushes, or positions.

For sangres I basically felt the same on quiet w/ the selfcontained posts, combine that with very gut/tonal reasoning rather than the deeper curiosity he couldn't really keep inside during Iceland and you have me skeptical.

I finished catching up, my reads didn't really shift. I was on my phone and so didn't really take notes. Titus had like, one post that was okay and bork went up. Dunnstral is completely missing the point me/sangres are making and I'm inclined to scumlean him for it.

I can probably vote anyone in my scumleans and maybe mastina/MathBlade, Pooky I think becomes readable and Grey deserves more time. My issue is there's no one I'm really confident on but Kitty is still the top.

P-Edit: Concur w/ Spiffeh on Dunnstral, read on me at least is very underexplained and the entire engagement around my read with sangres-my read was the questionable one, but it's not scummy, also not interested in questioning me further on it-has been bizarre. He had some questioning posts later that were OK iirc but given the level of pressure on him this is about what I'd expect.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 pm

In post 1080, Spiffeh wrote:Still in the middle of my catchup but feeling solid with my Dunnstral vote.

The way he's approaching his extended engagements, particularly with sangres: not really acknowledging or caring where ffery is coming from when she's gone above and beyond to explain her issues with him, and acting like he has an answer for everything while she's the one in the wrong really bothers me.

In Tenet, town!Dunnstral seeked out hard town reads Deacon Blues and Dandelion Wine (who ended up being scum, but irrelevant) who he discussed EVERYTHING with, to the point that their neighborhood PT almost reached 50 pages by the end of the game. He constantly bounced ideas off of them in the neighborhood; I literally got to-the-minute play-by-plays in the scum Discord from Cabd about Dunnstral's latest theories and reads. He was always churning them out because he had a bloc he felt confident in, and obviously valued their opinions.

Where in his ISO does Dunn exhibit this desire to identify and mind meld with his town reads? I can't find anything. He lists LLD, Prism, and Bell as town reads. He has not engaged with ANY OF THEM on reads one time. Bell, one of Dunn's listed town reads, has me as his highest townread, while Dunn himself has me as one of his strongest scum reads. There's been no initiative on Dunn's end to convince Bell he's wrong, or try to engage with Bell about what he sees. Because he doesn't care about finding scum.

90% of his posts are reactionary, whether it be in response to MathBlade, ffery, myself, borkjerfkin. This isn't bad on its own, but these interactions offer no visible evaluation or desire to see where the other player is coming from, he's just getting into extended back and forths to inflate his post count and seem like he's contributing when he's not.

Everything listed above is so unlike the town!Dunnstral I have seen. He is not town here.

Yea I'm sure Dunnstral after getting savagely snowed and crushed in Tenet would decide to play the exact same way because he is a glutton for suffering and pain.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Maybe, if any of his town play had shined through like once at all in this game, I would buy that.

Alas.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:14 pm

that's a pretty low bar dude
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1058, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1004, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 893, Dunnstral wrote:Ask math, not me.

But it looks like they are saying that I was saying they were having a meltdown, which is not true. That could also be directed as jsut SirCakez so I'm not really sure.
how is it a reason for math being scum then if you aren't super clear on it either? this is why i was asking you and not him
How come math is allowed to say things that don't make sense and get away with it with nobody asking what it means?

And also not answer for it
I don't think 'not making sense' should be the basis for a scumread, and I feel like we're still talking past each other or you're making a deliberate attempt not to understand my inquiries

I don't care about this post in a bubble - it's not really a part of my read - but you obviously do because you brought it up; how does it factor into your math scumread enough for you to have mentioned it to me in
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

@mod: vc plz when you're able
beefycheese
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

Hmmm actually dunnstral calling mathblade survivalistic feels in a similar vein to when he called my theory on the Norfolk pushers rabid defense of Norfolk in popcorn. I really don’t like the “scummy people aren’t talking about math but are okay with eliminating titus so we go math” post. And him telling lld he would have voted her for the artifact even if she didn’t claim felt a bit cringe. Does this mean that dunnstral is scum? I’m not sure. Should I shhh shhh shhh let it happen like I let my townread of spiffeh happen?

I hate battle mages recent attack on math too because he’s falling in with that same survivalistic narrative, and oh look he voted some scum reads in a mafia game. I had been kinda town reading BM’s early posts, and I thought he was the other mason, but I Hunk I misinterpreted that looking back and his posts just really don’t look real. So yeah don’t know there.

With kitty I’ve been a bit wait and see. A part of me thinks if scum kuribo would not pass up an opportunity to go all screaming death clan, caps lock drama, ride the rodeo into town yeehaw drama shout up the pages when lld was here and doing it. So, I’ve just been watching there.

Ffery - I forgot that I meant to tell you that yeah nacho is working way too much right now, and had a dumb overnight day slipped in which always fucks everting up, I imagine that whether you or the game will hear from him today depends on if he works late and how tired he is when he gets home and what time he works tomorrow. I hear you on Pooky. I haven’t seen him as town and you have, so maybe there’s a difference? He doesn’t really feel any different to me than the last two times I saw him as scum. The towniest thing he’s done so far is make that image.

Thought I had more but I think I’m going to crash now hopefully.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1064, sangres wrote:Unless you're scum with Prism, which I doubt, I feel like your game-design thoughts look pretty town.

It makes more sense to me than your spec in Illicit did. I hope I'm not setting my feet on the garden path here.
It should be clear that my bunk-ass (at least, that's how I felt in my anxiety-ridden notes PT) flavor spec in Illicit was done w/ the specific intent to miselim a particular and incredibly strong PR claim.

This isn't even in the same universe of a situation; why would I have to be scum w/ Prism to present this opinion as scum?
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i'm not bothering w/ figuring out pooky today; that experience on D2 was frustrating as hell in tenet and we should've pull the trigger on him at least on D4 or so and is probably my biggest regret that game, but I expect pooky to become more sortable later in the game in ways that i don't feel inclined to elaborate on at the moment
beefycheese
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 991, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 955, SirCakez wrote:I wonder if this is the game where Battle Mage and I are town together :)
eh maybe

i've changed my mind on Math. Math-town tends to have a bit more focus (even if not always in the right direction). His approach today feels less discerning like "elim anybody but me". Survival first.

VOTE: mathblade
:neutral:

What is your read on Dunnstral currently?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1088, Tammy wrote:Hmmm actually dunnstral calling mathblade survivalistic feels in a similar vein to when he called my theory on the Norfolk pushers rabid defense of Norfolk in popcorn. I really don’t like the “scummy people aren’t talking about math but are okay with eliminating titus so we go math” post. And him telling lld he would have voted her for the artifact even if she didn’t claim felt a bit cringe. Does this mean that dunnstral is scum? I’m not sure. Should I shhh shhh shhh let it happen like I let my townread of spiffeh happen?

I hate battle mages recent attack on math too because he’s falling in with that same survivalistic narrative, and oh look he voted some scum reads in a mafia game. I had been kinda town reading BM’s early posts, and I thought he was the other mason, but I Hunk I misinterpreted that looking back and his posts just really don’t look real. So yeah don’t know there.

With kitty I’ve been a bit wait and see. A part of me thinks if scum kuribo would not pass up an opportunity to go all screaming death clan, caps lock drama, ride the rodeo into town yeehaw drama shout up the pages when lld was here and doing it. So, I’ve just been watching there.

Ffery - I forgot that I meant to tell you that yeah nacho is working way too much right now, and had a dumb overnight day slipped in which always fucks everting up, I imagine that whether you or the game will hear from him today depends on if he works late and how tired he is when he gets home and what time he works tomorrow. I hear you on Pooky. I haven’t seen him as town and you have, so maybe there’s a difference? He doesn’t really feel any different to me than the last two times I saw him as scum. The towniest thing he’s done so far is make that image.

Thought I had more but I think I’m going to crash now hopefully.
Give Kitty time.

If my Mala read was bad it will become evident. I think there’s others that can read Kuribo better than me but I think Mala is town.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1066, Spiffeh wrote:I'm catching up now but here's a real hot take: The star-crossed siblings MathBlade and Titus are both Town and will be mislimmed this game despite my efforts.
Gonna walk this back a little and note that Prism, Tammy, and a few others have pointed some stuff out that makes me want to reconsider Titus. Still currently townreading her and don't want her limmed, but I probably shouldn't write her off because I want to be contrarian.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Mala's recent posts make me feel much better about Kitty Trauma Team.

After Dunn I'd probably look for scum in {mastina, quiet, GreyICE, BattleMage}. Maybe Titus if she takes a nosedive when I get around to ISOing her. Maybe Cakez when I start paying attention to him.

I'd like to dedicate the last part of this post to expressing my absolute need for Dunnstral to be the lim today. This is the most confident I've been in a scum read in a long time, which obviously means nothing to most of you, but I wouldn't say this lightly. The last time I was this confident in a read was when...I caught and limmed him in Titus vs. Alisae a year ago. (To be fair I think that's my most recently completed Town game but it sounds cool)

Knowing myself, I will continue to tunnel him as my strongest scum read until he's limmed or some hardcore evidence comes to light that points to the contrary. I'm afraid that the possibility of his lim is slipping away with ffery starting to lean town and people moving their votes elsewhere. It pains me that people are ignoring him, (as much as he'd probably beg to differ) so if you haven't paid much attention to Dunnstral please ISO him and provide your thoughts.

Or just sheep me and lock your vote on him for the remainder of the Day.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:24 pm

In post 1094, Spiffeh wrote:I'd like to dedicate the last part of this post to expressing my absolute need for Dunnstral to be the lim today. This is the most confident I've been in a scum read in a long time, which obviously means nothing to most of you, but I wouldn't say this lightly. The last time I was this confident in a read was when...I caught and limmed him in Titus vs. Alisae a year ago. (To be fair I think that's my most recently completed Town game but it sounds cool)
is it A50 level confident?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I never actually read A50's posts so it's not really comparable :lol:
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

And think of it this way, if Dunn ends up being a mislim (doubt), you get to blame it all on me and call me bad.

It's a win/win.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1073, Bell wrote:Oh, hottest take Mastina is scum.

Also, I will be upset if Titus, Mathblade and Mastina are all town. That would suck.
I miss quiet.
----------------

<3
In post 1076, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
I have been trying to personally use work less as an excuse during games, but I have been learning to balance it a bit more since coming back to the site.
I came back to the site in August and felt like I got fairly well back into it with a few bumps and bruises, and then I got utterly buried in the Tenet game. I think I'm shaking that off. I hope.
To answer your question regarding the distraction: I noticed a bit of a pattern we had a mixture of different people posting and then the type of content that were being posted.

I had liked how Math engaged Prism during the morning, but things went south when LLD got into the mixture and then it just went up in a fiery blaze — just like my call today.

We had people who I noticed who were trying to sort out reads in addition to trying to get a hand on the artifact during the morning. (Tammy/Sangres/Math/LLD) Then we had the players that posted, but their content to say the least I would describe as a mixture of “one liners/trolly/buddy-buddy”.(Bell, BM, SirCakez, Pooky) then we had a few players who posted no content at all such as prod-dodges or those who barely posted at all. (Dunn, Mastina, GreyICE, Bork).

Those players who weren’t in the whole trying to sort players out kinda got to stay in the shadows as you would call it. I think personally a lot of people just started to go with the flow and was like let’s vote Math D1, which then obviously got stronger once LLD claimed.
I like this. I came out of the Prism/Math stuff with a strong townread on Prism, and that read definitely colored my take on Prism/LLD. I'm not unhappy with how it's resolved at least to this point. Prism isn't a stake in the ground for me this game, but I might have tried to make him one if I needed a read for the game to pivot on.
I haven’t really gotten a handle on my play style anymore because I feel like I’m so rusty with mafia that before Hiatus I was terrible and then when I came back I’m even worse. I have really only played maybe four games and only one was scum and that game I felt like I did better, but that’s because I was able to hide a bit during the player list. I just know I got wrapped up in my last game I played as town and got distracted and didn’t sort the “older” players because I tried too hard to sort the newer and got snowed really hard. I kinda brushed off the older players.
Coming back from my hiatus, I'm finding it difficult to sort a whole large theme game-sized player list (smokefilled antechamber didn't count in this respect because I was in a dethy embedded in the game, which made the rest of the game basically a mini theme). I like large themes, though, so I'll probably struggle along until I figure out how to do this again.
Along with the fact since coming back from Hiatus I barely remember any meta, or meta-tells on players are now gone or at least evolved from when I was last active.
Preach.
I know I’ll need more solid proof, but the last time I played with Titus she turned out to be town and I feel like she’s 180 here currently. She hasn’t really even acknowledged my present/tried to sort me like she would in past games. Then again I don’t know if we have a personal disconnect going here or maybe I just feel like there might be.
I've been told by multiple players/hydra partners that Titus has mellowed post-divorce and is a more enjoyable person to play with now. We were both in the Tenet game and both town, but were in opposite threads (the game was divided into two threads until day 4). We interacted a little over her (correct) LLD read, but not enough for me to get a sense of what her town play is like now.
I think it’s because I’m finding myself agreeing with a lot of Mastina’s posting. I’ll do a separate post with quotes for you.

Your slot is getting tangled up in dissonance. Kuribo has a theory regarding your slot, but we need a flip or two in order for him to flesh it out. So it’s really hard to explain because it’s so early with no flips in order to do it. I actually happen to be okay with your posts or at least I’m not finding anything red-flaggish. So we have a conflict here.

-M
I'm a little sad. :/

I like Kuribo, and that Peregrine-modded NY game I played with original Serene in 2013 really made an impression on me in terms of DGB and kuribo as players. When he's ready to get active again maybe we can talk through whatever it is.
This was originally better, but then when my iPad died I lost the whole entire post and I’m kinda brain dead and exhausted from the whole day.

Spoiler: “This is why I didn’t post today”
Yow. A few years ago a drunk driver in a pickup truck went airborne and landed in my across-the-street neighbor's living room. This looks worse. Hope any injuries were minor.
In post 1078, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Ok maybe it was only post 932 that I liked in regards to Mastina. >>

I guess if I were to actually flesh out her posts they are underwhelming to say the least
Yeah.

-------------------
In post 1080, Spiffeh wrote:Still in the middle of my catchup but feeling solid with my Dunnstral vote.

That was Dunnstral replacing into a slot that already looked strongly town thanks to unwnd's play. Coming into the game, he had the benefit of unwnd's cred, unwnd's reads on other players, and a whole lot of thread data to work with on his own. And then he made the slot his own, for sure. I don't think this situation in this game is comparable. At least yet.

I'm not holding Day-1 Dunnstral here to that level of play in this game.
In post 1079, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 1067, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1065, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Kuribo is going to be out of commission until he feels better. He’ll be keeping me updated, but I want him to focus on feeling better.

@Prism: I was in between whether or not you were town/scum from when you and Math were first being engaged. I dead set agree with Math that you kept saying that your claim would show you are super town, but in terms of flavor it doesn’t. The enough information/episodes I watched I have to agree that H.G. wells wouldn’t start off with that artifact.

I also know P_A/Cabd enough that they wouldn’t let a game get broken via flavor.

Right now my personal reads (outside of Kuribo’s) are more vibes than actual cases. I have a really bad feeling regarding Titus/Prism/SirCakez.
I do think LLD/Math are likely to flip town. I have a feeling that Tammy/Mastina are town. I do have a feeling sangres might be town* (*this may change depending on how Prism flips)
I really didn’t like Bells/Dunn/BM beginning posts.

-M
I think you’re missing my point.

I think this doesn’t make sense for town prism and scum prism (which necessitates scum Bork and sorts itself out)

The powers claimed kinda confirms LLD as mason much as I tried to avoid that so LLD likely doesn’t get shot. Hence the winkies as I was being sarcastic and hoping people doubted LLD as a mason not to run her up but to avoid being shot.

I think yes the powers are scum utility but scum Prism just doesn’t out that and confirm LLD and another player without a serious game plan. Prism’s plan was flawed but I think it’s so flawed it can’t be scum.
Okay now that I can somewhat focus.

It doesn’t make sense for either alignment. I was actually half thinking a traitor role for Prism which would actually make sense for HG flavor.

I knew what you were doing with the winks in regards to LLD.

Then again the way prism has gone about this game is all types of odd. I don’t really see how scum-Prism does this, but again I don’t see how town-Prism does it either.

I just don’t want us to say okay its so flawed it can’t be scum and then she flips scum after all of it.
If this game wasn't advertised as not multiball I think HG would make sense as a 3rd party. given her story arc, her sympatico and self-sacrifice for Myka, traitor doesn't feel right to me. And yeah, I know that flavor-solving a PA game reviewed by Cabd et al is ill-advised. That goes for both of us.

Which brings us back to Prism's play.

Which I townread.

If I'm wrong, tlaloc willing, I'll figure it out.
In post 1088, Tammy wrote:Ffery - I forgot that I meant to tell you that yeah nacho is working way too much right now, and had a dumb overnight day slipped in which always fucks everting up, I imagine that whether you or the game will hear from him today depends on if he works late and how tired he is when he gets home and what time he works tomorrow. I hear you on Pooky. I haven’t seen him as town and you have, so maybe there’s a difference? He doesn’t really feel any different to me than the last two times I saw him as scum. The towniest thing he’s done so far is make that image.
Yeah nacho left me a message in chat about pre-inventory. Y'all get unadulterated me until further notice.

My one direct experience with town-Pooky, I was scum and I find that a less than ideal perspective to develop future reads from. I watched the Death Curse game off and on in real time, though, and my impression is that there isn't a whole lot of tonal difference. He can be charming as both alignments, abrasive as both alignments, pushy as both alignments, etc. My read here is more about his positioning than about his tone or tempo, though I did get a really nice sense of tempo from the way he addressed my "worried" post. But, it was an entirely social interaction, which occurred fluidly and seemed pretty deft in terms of turning the convo away from substance. He does this as both alignments in my somewhat short experience.

There was a point in Mini 2181 where pooky and I had a fairly long exchange about our motivations in mafia. Syr later compared the exchange to a snooker tournament. Anyway, I think that fundamental motivation he described and linked an example probably comes through in extremity in his town games, especially, and it's something I'll keep in mind.

----------------------
In post 1089, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1064, sangres wrote:Unless you're scum with Prism, which I doubt, I feel like your game-design thoughts look pretty town.

It makes more sense to me than your spec in Illicit did. I hope I'm not setting my feet on the garden path here.
It should be clear that my bunk-ass (at least, that's how I felt in my anxiety-ridden notes PT) flavor spec in Illicit was done w/ the specific intent to miselim a particular and incredibly strong PR claim.

This isn't even in the same universe of a situation; why would I have to be scum w/ Prism to present this opinion as scum?
It's not a great comparison, but I gotta start somewhere in watching you sort me. If you're scum with Prism, then you worked together on the reveal and confirmation before they hit the thread and the apparent LACK of agenda/intent is a mirage. And granted, it's a different, less fraught situation and probably easier to finesse. hence the garden path part of my post.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:15 pm

In post 1097, Spiffeh wrote:And think of it this way, if Dunn ends up being a mislim (doubt), you get to blame it all on me and call me bad.

It's a win/win.
if I move my vote away from Mathblade LLD will kill me so pretty sure it's a loss bro
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

someone talk to me about the game, something interesting and fresh.

Also, Pooky got my back so he better not vote anywhere I don't vote.

I'm watching you bear. That foam finger should have my face on it.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”