imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:52 pm

Post by imaginality »

Maybe swap Datisi and Bella
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:01 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1667, imaginality wrote: Claiming UB-rolecop seemed double edged to me because I could envisage players suspecting me would be more motivated to vote me out rather than less.
yeah i don't really believe this

this is a setup where it's relatively difficult to claim a role (or at least the pair) that you aren't, so i don't think many people would've gone "he's claiming TPR just to save himself". other than that, what reason is there for people suspecting you to go "actually i want to vote out imag even more now"?

In post 1667, imaginality wrote:
In post 1656, Datisi wrote:
In post 1607, Marashu wrote: The one thing I'm still really concerned about with imaginality is why town!imag claims early in the first place, especially with UB as a 12-slot. Like, if you are low in the draft and have a good role, I would think you would want to conceal it because scum likely won't be PR hunting at the bottom of the draft.
this is making me think, like. if imaginality is town, he knows that his claim is potentially valuable, especially if there's a good pr death early. so i'd expect more, like, survivalistic acting throughout this day, i'd expect him to be actually pushing things in top draft or at least not be afraid of more strongly pushing someone like lld that he thinks is scum.
I was pushing mith, he's in the top 4. I still scumread him. But I don't think enough others do?

I can't keep up with LLD 1v1 - I've made my case on her and hope it'll convince others to help push her but D1 pushes aren't something I'm particularly known for in active games.

Also I'm not sure either that pushing top draft players or pushing LLD hard is in line with your idea of me being survivalistic - seems like it would attract more focus and counterpressure? So if I drive that harder I'm being less survivalistic, if I push it less I'm not doing that enough? Maybe I happen to be striking a happy medium?
In post 1656, Datisi wrote: but his play here kinda feels like more of the... inconsistent mindset things i pointed out earlier about his play. trying to both argue that top draft isn't a bad flip and not piss off town-lld with strongly pushing her.
There are easier ways I could avoid pissing off LLD if that was my aim.
sorry i'm not sure if i made myself clear there - based on what you said about "i'd be fine with top draft flipping today" and later on clarified it's bc you're the UB, it would make more sense for you to be more aggressive about pushing in top draft than you have been. because from town-you pov: if you yeet a scum PR, that's amazing bc not only do we get rid of scum, but town now also gets that PR; if we yeet a town PR, well sucks but at least we still have that PR in town

and you said yourself why UB is dangerous to scum and generally i see more... carelessness? aggression? passion? in town that thinks that way about their own role

alternatively, if you decide to conceal your role a bit more, i don't think you do the "hehe maybe we should like maybe top 4 anyone" because i don't think town you thinks that strongly convinces anyone

like you say "happy medium" but to me it seems like "worst of both worlds" because you're neither getting a good role and you're forced to reveal yourself early, and i feel like there's enough inconsistencies that it doesn't make sense from town-imag
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1674, Alisae wrote: Why would he as a wolf ub/rolecop plan on claiming????
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:11 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1324, Alisae wrote:
In post 1242, Staeg wrote: I really want to lim both Rad and Mara but they're near definitely not scum together
Why?
I don't see s!Mara's only interaction with the thread for a while being a weak wagon-y vote on s!Rad with bonus points from the readslist not backing off of the take at all
In post 1548, mith wrote: Staeg, why did you vote imaginality? As far as I can tell from ISO you have said nothing about him at all.
I did mention a scumlean very early under moniker "implosion", but you're right, I haven't said anything about him after that; tldr is I just haven't seen anything that makes me go +town on him (the first time he mentioned the mith scum case I felt quite positively, but the followup/responses to mith's responses didn't go well) and every other post pushes me just a bit further in the scummy direction, lemme go dig for examples
sa vrede?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:31 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1677, Datisi wrote:
In post 1667, imaginality wrote: Claiming UB-rolecop seemed double edged to me because I could envisage players suspecting me would be more motivated to vote me out rather than less.
yeah i don't really believe this

this is a setup where it's relatively difficult to claim a role (or at least the pair) that you aren't, so i don't think many people would've gone "he's claiming TPR just to save himself". other than that, what reason is there for people suspecting you to go "actually i want to vote out imag even more now"?
If I were scum then if I don't claim they think (based on me being 12 in the draft) they're most likely voting out a mafia goon, and maybe a strong scumread on someone higher in the draft is more tempting to them; whereas if I claim UB-rolecop they think they're voting out a mafia rolecop (or UB) and less likely to be tempted by other targets.

In post 1677, Datisi wrote: sorry i'm not sure if i made myself clear there - based on what you said about "i'd be fine with top draft flipping today" and later on clarified it's bc you're the UB, it would make more sense for you to be more aggressive about pushing in top draft than you have been. because from town-you pov: if you yeet a scum PR, that's amazing bc not only do we get rid of scum, but town now also gets that PR; if we yeet a town PR, well sucks but at least we still have that PR in town

and you said yourself why UB is dangerous to scum and generally i see more... carelessness? aggression? passion? in town that thinks that way about their own role

alternatively, if you decide to conceal your role a bit more, i don't think you do the "hehe maybe we should like maybe top 4 anyone" because i don't think town you thinks that strongly convinces anyone

like you say "happy medium" but to me it seems like "worst of both worlds" because you're neither getting a good role and you're forced to reveal yourself early, and i feel like there's enough inconsistencies that it doesn't make sense from town-imag
I think this is a playstyle difference maybe - I don't want to play carelessly with my role, and I think the only games I've been aggressive D1 are micros, in 13+ I think my strength as town is when I get by for D1 or so and then help figure stuff out on later days. Certainly I can imagine you in my position would approach things a bit more forthrightly.

I especially don't want to play carelessly since if we did end up limming low in the order instead, there's still a fair chance I get something if we lim VT and scum NK someone with a juicy PR. But at the same time I didn't and don't think we need to shy away from limming high in the order given we have me as UB to mitigate the risks. So I first tried to nudge town to think that way, and then openly claimed now for reasons already explained.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 700, mith wrote:[..]
When I wrote the italicized, I hadn't gotten to that exchange. Didn't go back to edit it. ~shrug~ I would just rephrase it: I don't have reason to think LLD doesn't believe that scum are likely to be in the bigger groups and that that is important. I think she's wrong about that (the importance of "scum are likely to be in bigger groups" in the absence of "scum are more likely to be in bigger groups than to be in an arbitrary group of the same size"), but being wrong is not a particular strong scumtell in my experience.

What is scummy to me is how she pushed it and how the argument about it progressed. But that is still mostly vibe at this point, because I'm old and slow and still don't feel at all caught up in this game.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "mech" (is this what the cool kids are saying these days?). I'm also curious why you didn't actually push on LLD after the 311/313 exchange. As you say, 313 was really bad... so why no follow-up on that until now?
is mith's response to imaginality's potentially interesting observation about mith's stance on LLD and a counter question, to which imaginality responds with
In post 961, imaginality wrote: Hey good timing! That's what I've been mulling over today. Is one of my scumreads on the two of them wrong, or are they bussing?

Currently my position is... I still back my reads. My gut was good the last game I was in, I think I'm on the right track here too.

However, I actually don't see it as a bus as such precisely because mith pulled his punches a bit. Yes mith's voting LLD but like in the post I quoted previously I feel like town!mith would be pushing the LLD wagon more.

So I think it's like someone proposed earlier in the game with Ythan - distancing more than bussing, because of being confident that LLD can avoid being today's lim.

However if one of my reads is wrong it's more likely the one on mith since his recent posts read okay to me and I know I do sometimes tunnel on particular points on people.
that last line is quite the question mark raiser - imaginality still suspects mith, but a little less because his recent posts read okay, but not to the point that he'd want to respond to the relevant question in there
In post 1161, imaginality wrote: I thought I explained that but basically I feel like a townie suspicious of LLD would be pushing harder on that slot. Especially after 313. Whereas scum have reason to not push as hard if they're only trying to distance from their buddy.
right, except imaginality didn't push on 313
at all
until this very post (besides a throwaway "like mith said, 313 really was bad" in )
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:52 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1495, imaginality wrote: My point was I think it's less likely a townie comes up with a towncase on Marashu as detailed as LLD did. It seemed almost perfomatively thorough.
on top of being baseline wrong, this ignores the context in which the towncase popped up - it starts with her quoting Datisi's "I wish I could understand the machinations of your mind"
In post 1497, imaginality wrote: I have a question for you LLD while we're both here - who are your top 3 or 4 scumreads at the moment?
this just reads hella like looking for fake engagement, what were you hoping to get out of this? would her quote-posting her Maratown case get you anywhere? if you're going to say "if she had new reads that might tip me towards t!LLD" I'll roll to disbelieve
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:09 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1493, imaginality wrote: Note: "more likely" to be wrong, not *likely* to be. I'm not sure what exact percentage I'd put on it but by way of example I could think I had 30% chance of being wrong about you, 20% chance of being wrong about LLD, but that still means I think I'm 56% chance of being right that you're scum together. So in my mind that's why I shifted my vote despite scumreading you both.
this is a bit of an arcane moonshot, but imaginality strikes me as a probability-conscious person who generally knows math, and these just... don't feel like the numbers that a townie (=someone actually keeping track of what the odds of someone being town vs scum) looking for numbers to grab for an example comes up with - they are far too high/certain this early in the game and I have trouble imagining a townie going "yes, 56% that I'm right about an entire scum pairing sounds like a good example to use" (the odds at the start being 4.5% afaict)
((I would have much less of a concern if imaginality wasn't also the person to point out the 1-in-5 thing))
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:15 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 964, imaginality wrote: Also, having thought about it a little more myself, I think there's also actually a possible advantage to limming top 4 today that might not apply tomorrow.
also didn't notice this the first time around at all, but now @imaginality was this meant as a breadcrumb or what happened here? surely you didn't only then realize that a PR getting lynched would get you a PR?
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:22 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1660, Alisae wrote:
In post 1659, imaginality wrote: My townread on Staeg was basically just because they seemed very relaxed about Alisae's scumread on them. "Ok ya I see why you see it that way" and "I don't have any issues with your vote on me now, gl".

If Staeg is known for being cool under pressure then that attitude becomes null I guess (and I supposed they could be getting coached by their team). I could see maybe that asking Alisae why she moved her vote off Staeg might be performative.

Does anyone have good meta on Staeg?
They interacted with LLD this way as well and honestly, I don’t see why it’s town?
It’s not doing anything to move the game forward and this is how I love to interact with town who is right on me being a wolf. Go with the reasonable “ya I can see why you think that” approach and hope u get tr’d for it
nah, there are a lot of worldlines that end with me lobbing you/LLD in the scumpile for how those resolve, but in your case it was me wearing underwear as a hat (you weren't actually contradicting yourself as I was p sure you were at the start of that interaction) and LLD could've tried brewing up some bullshit failing-to-match-reality answer instead of the honest and likely true "I, uh, don't actually know what I was saying here, but here's my best guess"
sa vrede?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:38 am

Post by imaginality »

Wow Staeg, you sure liven up when you're the counterwagon.

Goodnight from me
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:05 am

Post by Staeg »

good one
remember to respond to this when you're back, I do want to understand what was happening there
In post 1684, Staeg wrote:
In post 964, imaginality wrote: Also, having thought about it a little more myself, I think there's also actually a possible advantage to limming top 4 today that might not apply tomorrow.
also didn't notice this the first time around at all, but now @imaginality was this meant as a breadcrumb or what happened here? surely you didn't only then realize that a PR getting lynched would get you a PR?
sa vrede?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1684, Staeg wrote:lynched
heads up, this word ain't allowed anymore.

do you mind giving me a rough list of where you're at in this game? can be just a naked readslist
~M
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1688, Datisi wrote:
In post 1684, Staeg wrote:lynched
heads up, this word ain't allowed anymore.

do you mind giving me a rough list of where you're at in this game? can be just a naked readslist
my bad re: badword, have been trying to avoid it but the muscle memory is rough

readslist:
Ceph and Datisi gigatown
mith, Alisae, LLD town
Gimli leaning town
Bella (soft pointers in both directions) and Mena (basically no pointers, somehow; wish he would talk to me) at ~null
Ythan leaning scum
Rad, mara and imaginality scum, but absolutely not all together and even pairwise fits are hard
sa vrede?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1689, Staeg wrote:Ceph
can i hear about this one pls?
~M
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:16 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

hey folks, checking in to say i'm feeling under the weather today, not sure if it's surgery stress or a bug but i'm gonna need a day off to rest without thinking about this game

we have enough time on day to grant me that so, please don't slow the game for me i'll make sure to read everything but don't like, end the day phase without my input? Thanks
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:35 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1690, Datisi wrote:
In post 1689, Staeg wrote:Ceph
can i hear about this one pls?
sure, here's a grab bag of sentiments:
the biggest one by far is how often their vibe on the thread mirrors mine (LLD emotions aren't AI, blech.., getting engaged by Alisae but then walking off to play videogames (while still noticing how others did/didn't react to them doing the fakereads thing without knowing that he would walk away), the LLD bluff thing, noticing moments when people ascribe reads to them that didn't exist (), how trying to keep up with all 4 games without being drawn in by his own feels, his back-and-forth with Rad being quite parallel to my own worries about Rad, the feelings about Alisae's and LLD's post quantity, the entirety of , the jokey approach in (and generally his jokes just land incredibly well for me given where I expect a town person might be if they are online and posting at the times he is posting))
among all the people doing references to their team's reads and how they affect their own reads I find Ceph's to be closest to my own experience of interacting with my team (mostly absent but sometimes popping in with - I haven't talked about what's marinating in my mind based on teammate takes but that lends more credence to him doing this because it's what's happening, not because this is the Thing To Do)

after going through ~all of his ISO I just don't have any instances of him saying anything that makes me go "wtf how'd you get
there
" and 3/4 of the posts have me going "ya same", which feels way above par
sa vrede?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1579, Alisae wrote: I think UB is a low prio pick in this playerlist and generally a safe grab. I would be very surprised if UB turned out to be high priority and I mean, Imaginality is claiming it and he is low prio so like it's safe to say that I think this is a good read. I don't think many players in this playerlist are going to be interested in a role like UB or Rolecop. I think UB being claimed from literally anyone else on the playerlist would probably be a scumclaim but because it's coming from Imaginality, he could be a town!UB and honestly as I am typing this out and writing it out, I could see him picking UB. tbh I honestly think if I was in his position, I would probably lean towards the vengeful if you play like limbait but have good reads and can attract wolves to push you while identifying those wolves correctly.

I totally can understand him not wanting to pick up the neighborizer, I don't think he's a player who benefits from supportive playstyles and neighborizer is geared towards players who can lean into supportive playstyles.

UB is best at either high prio but not first pick because as first pick you could grab literally anything else. 2nd pick if you're a villager COULD be good if 1st pick is also a villager but I feel like there might be opportunity cost at play here.
Last PYP I got UB in the 2 slot and like 3 other people picked it
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

I kind of want to vote datisi for boring me

Players that bore me are frequently scum
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

Staeg has comfy pockets
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:38 am

Post by Rad »

In post 1652, Alisae wrote:
In post 1605, Alisae wrote: LLD Rad Marashu Gimli Cephrir Imaginality Bella Datisi Ythan
Mena Staeg mith
btw Rad Me Bella Marashu LLD Imaginality Cephrir is 7 votes.
Is this voting bloc of interest to all members within it?
I'm hesitant on ceph but if you're confident there I'm comfortable with it
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 1657, Datisi wrote:
In post 1651, Bellaphant wrote: Also, noone in the thread seems to be tr ING steag but no-one is voting them

the main thought about the top of the draft for a while has been "we don't vote top of draft today" why are you saying this as if it's some sorta gotcha for why staeg is scum?
? I'm not? It links to everything else we were saying about the slot being kinda ghosty....I hadn't seen many people with compelling reasons to tr them but also not enough to vote.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1673, imaginality wrote: I didn't like Cephrir then pushing for a quick end to the day in 1552 and LLD's reaction seemed overblown like not even considering the possibility of me telling the truth.
I'm getting to the point where I want to end the day and want a flip. I don't think wanting day to end is anti-town here. It's not like Demon Slayer where wolves just screaming for day to end when it definitely shouldn't have ended, I think we had a very productive day and I'm getting ready to settle.
In post 1673, imaginality wrote: I think he's trying to solve rather than trying to mislim.
Can you give me more here?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1672, Datisi wrote: i think scum him would actually be less likely to "actually push" in top 4 because that is going to get stronger backlash. and "threw the idea out and tried to see if anyone would buy into it" is not how town plays
By this logic, I don't think he would angle for this at all as a wolf. If he wants to avoid backlash, there are plenty of other ways to avoid blacklash. In fact, saying they might have a reason to suspect top 4 is not something that you want to post if you are trying to avoid backlash.

Like if you're trying to avoid backlash, you don't say there is a reason to suspect top 4 and then not do anything with it, push lld, and claim UB pre-emptively. Like no lmao

None of the shit you have to say about Imaginality makes fucking sense.
You're saying that he could do all of this shit in a vacuum but it doesn't seem like you're actually considering if it comes from town or scum or not but just saying "IT COULD BE A WOLF"

I think the way Imaginality played it is how I think town!Imaginality would play it out.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”