Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1009, Black wrote:
In post 999, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 804, Black wrote:
In post 796, Dannflor wrote: I am trying not to be too pessimistic but I do think this game is going to be an uphill battle. Whoever is town here needs to focus on finding each other and working together
I can see OWER and ketchup but why is Psyche town? He kinda falls in the "no reads" bin with Project and I can't really pinpoint much of anything he's done this game

Can you explain your OutWorld read?
I agree with Dann's . This doesn't really feel like the scum!OWER that I've played with. He feels more engaged and inquisitive here. I think he's probably capable of mimicking his town behavior as scum but I think it's more likely that he's just town

I'd be grateful if you could provide examples of OutWorld's 'anxiety' from his scum game, as I'm really struggling to read him as Town here. Also, it should be taken into consideration that Dann's reads were a bit off this game as everyone he scumread has been confirmed as town, which means he was townreading scum.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1036, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 970, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 968, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 956, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 915, OutWorldER wrote: like from my POV I thought Dann was fairly townie once he was allowed to get going so I just don't believe that there weren't scum riding Luca's tunnel all the way to his mislim
Probably too easy to read Dann's slot as townie when you already know his alignment.
There was nothing particularly indicative of him being town until later in the day
, when his fate was virtually sealed, in my opinion.
you're saying this like this an objective statement

Well, from what I can see you've never really explained your Dann TR beyond '
he looks townier than Bugs
'. So, while my statement was indeed undeniably subjective, it's difficult to really follow your progression on this read.
i never really got the chance to explain. i thought Dann was townier than bugs because he was still attempting to solve despite his position in the game. in particular I was of the mindset that his interactions towards Drew didn't come from scum in his position.

You always had the chance to explain - you said Dann was townier than his predecessor multiple times, you could have expanded upon it then, and you
should
have done if you're really town trying to convince people to vote elsewhere.

Can you elaborate on your point regarding Dann's interactions with Drew, and why it couldn't come from scum?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

yeah I probably should've, but again, I just didn't have it in me at the time

and other such posts are what was making me think he was town, since I don't think scum in that position would be trying to bait reactions since in my experience reaction baits usually tend to be naturally scumread.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1052, OutWorldER wrote: yeah I probably should've, but again, I just didn't have it in me at the time

and other such posts are what was making me think he was town, since I don't think scum in that position would be trying to bait reactions since in my experience reaction baits usually tend to be naturally scumread.

It seemed like you had started townreading Dann before that post?

Could you pinpoint exactly when your read on that slot started to change?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:15 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

i started townreading dann by association of thinking ketchup was scum at

in retrospect I was probably just confbiased about my ketchup read which turned into a dann townread
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1054, OutWorldER wrote: i started townreading dann by association of thinking ketchup was scum at

in retrospect I was probably just confbiased about my ketchup read which turned into a dann townread
I very close to pulling the trigger on Ketchup
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Ok, I'm starting to reconsider my OutWorld scumread. I'm also leaning slightly town on ketchup based on his recent posts so I'm going to have to reevaluate the entire game.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:08 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 564, Psyche wrote: i don't really like to spend time doing this, but 145 is frankly all junk

you assert that bugs made more than one perspective slip. "perspective slips" and "scum pt slips" aren't a real thing. at best they're extremely rare. but the idea that bugs did it repeatedly over like a 5 post timeframe is ridiculous. how many times have you ever perspective slipped in a game as scum? on a similar vein, you repeatedly note that bugs fails to follow the context of what's being written, but only imply that this is scummy without ever engaging w the question of why someone being really bad at reading could say anything about whether they got a town or scum role pm. it doesn't. this set of accusations effectively requires that bugspray be, er, not very good at thinking, but never even considers the possibility that this observation about bugs' abilities could explain in a nai way pretty much every feature of bugs's play, even their first post.

also, you repeatedly cast survivalism -- trying not to get limmed -- as scummy. but town are at least as motivated as scum to not get limmed, both theoretically and empirically. stuff like deflecting attention, appealling to emotions, and so on are totally common responses by any type of player to scrutiny and again you don't attempt to think through how these things you don't like about bugs's posts actually suggest a scum win condition.

there's not enough weighing of alternative explanations here. you're taking things you don't like about bugs' play and handwaving the steps that explain why this play is more likely to come from scum than town.

I confidently townread Psyche for this post at the time, as it seemed like some genuine townie frustration, but my confidence has lessened since then as Psyche as ummed and erred a lot on this read and still not put anything forth in its stead.

There have been promises of content, but really only a lot of passive commentary on opinions and interpretations of others. It looks decent on the surface, but there's nothing else to it. So basically, struck me as Townie, but virtually everything else in Psyche's ISO strikes me as scum passively coasting through this game.

VOTE: Psyche
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by Thomith »

Titus replaces ProjEctRy.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1057, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 564, Psyche wrote: i don't really like to spend time doing this, but 145 is frankly all junk

you assert that bugs made more than one perspective slip. "perspective slips" and "scum pt slips" aren't a real thing. at best they're extremely rare. but the idea that bugs did it repeatedly over like a 5 post timeframe is ridiculous. how many times have you ever perspective slipped in a game as scum? on a similar vein, you repeatedly note that bugs fails to follow the context of what's being written, but only imply that this is scummy without ever engaging w the question of why someone being really bad at reading could say anything about whether they got a town or scum role pm. it doesn't. this set of accusations effectively requires that bugspray be, er, not very good at thinking, but never even considers the possibility that this observation about bugs' abilities could explain in a nai way pretty much every feature of bugs's play, even their first post.

also, you repeatedly cast survivalism -- trying not to get limmed -- as scummy. but town are at least as motivated as scum to not get limmed, both theoretically and empirically. stuff like deflecting attention, appealling to emotions, and so on are totally common responses by any type of player to scrutiny and again you don't attempt to think through how these things you don't like about bugs's posts actually suggest a scum win condition.

there's not enough weighing of alternative explanations here. you're taking things you don't like about bugs' play and handwaving the steps that explain why this play is more likely to come from scum than town.

I confidently townread Psyche for this post at the time, as it seemed like some genuine townie frustration, but my confidence has lessened since then as Psyche as ummed and erred a lot on this read and still not put anything forth in its stead.

There have been promises of content, but really only a lot of passive commentary on opinions and interpretations of others. It looks decent on the surface, but there's nothing else to it. So basically, struck me as Townie, but virtually everything else in Psyche's ISO strikes me as scum passively coasting through this game.

I agree that psyche is coasting.
As Keats said in the coincidentally titled poem Ode to Psyche:

'Surely I dreamt to-day, or did I see The winged Psyche with awaken'd eyes?'

lol

but don’t know if I suspect psyche more than Jacob rn
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:28 am

Post by Psyche »

i am coasting, but it's not on purpose. i'll try one more time starting this evening to get my breakout moment.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:25 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Jacob seems to be doing the bare minimum, but I'm not sure if that's just a lack of investment in the game. Hopefully he gets involved sooner than later.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:25 am

Post by Titus »

Howdy!
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:27 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Welcome. I look forward to hearing a fresh perspective on this game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:28 am

Post by Titus »

Oh I'm already voting Black. Good.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1064, Titus wrote: Oh I'm already voting Black. Good.
no you aren't
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:37 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Black

Meh just read vcs.

Thanks for the graphic.

*pocketed*
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:39 am

Post by Gypyx »

it's so easy

bottom text
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:55 am

Post by Black »

In post 1067, Titus wrote: VOTE: Black

Meh just read vcs.

Thanks for the graphic.

*pocketed*
Let me guess...meta? I'm town this game
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:56 am

Post by Black »

I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:53 am

Post by Black »

Btw Titus I'm 6-0 as scum now. Your record has been matched :P

I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:56 am

Post by Gypyx »

let's make that 6-1 amirite townies

bottom text
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:04 am

Post by Black »

bzzzt incorrect
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:12 am

Post by Black »

I do think Titus's entrance could be scum motivated. Gypyx was going to consolidate to Project until he replaced out. Titus replaces in and votes with Gypyx knowing that Gypyx said earlier that she doesn't think she has the support to get me faded today. This simultaneously makes Gypyx feel better about the Project slot and also her push against me

I think in this world Gypyx is probably town. I don't really see her/Project as partners
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”