Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Like you say this
if you guys decide to yeet me today and Dannflor is actually a townie, Dannflor is going to have a HELL of a time sorting out why his gut instincts betrayed him so badly here
And then you very easily townread him subsequently
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:26 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 697, Grackaroni wrote: No I don't have any assumption that you're distancing from each other. To be honest I couldn't even remember what your stances towards each other were.

Okay. Well, Roden is my strongest scum read and I would very much love to see him yeeted today. Roden is also currently voting for me and used language in that vote that makes it seem like that opinion is pretty rock-solid and isn't going to change.

Does knowing this change anything for you?
I just view both of you as more likely scum than random for having acted strangely so far. Maybe 30-40%.

This is maybe too broad of a question, but can I ask in what ways I have "acted strangely"? I can explain my actions on everything; I have nothing to hide. You are free to press me and interrogate me as thoroughly as you like.
I compare everyone against my own view of their capabilities as players and having played with Oats/Darth/Vivax a lot I don't think any of them have posted anything that they aren't capable of posting as scum, so I can't give them a town read.

I have liked some of Luca's posts so far this game.

Okay, that seems sensible. I don't have anything to add; I'm just leaving this here so you know I read it :P
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:37 pm

In post 699, Oatsmaster wrote:
Like why would he pick a fight with a lengthy response type of person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty?

Considering you gave him a solid townread in that list post, doesn’t seem like this is true.

I guess I just don't really follow what you're saying here. What is the connection between the general assumption that scum wouldn't want to stir shit up with a lengthy response type of person and my town read on Dann? Like why isn't the conclusion just that this makes Dann less likely to be scum?
Scumdann just cares about looking townie, he doesn’t really care who dies. That case has everyone thinking he’s town. Not really sure why this is some super unlikely scenario.
Like from your perspective, this dude just spent a bunch of time casing you and immediately after you responded he just dropped it and went for someone else. Doesn’t really seem like he was invested in his read.

I like to think the reason he gave it up so fast was because I did such a great job of deconstructing his argument. Consider that I was able to go through each and every word he wrote and explained all of it thoroughly. You could have broken everything he wrote and everything I wrote into like 20-30 posts of this site's seemingly average length, and then it would magically look less like he just abandoned it real quick and more like he actually followed through on his suspicions, and yet the actual content of everything that was said would still be exactly the same. Everyone is free to re-read my response as many times as they like; I don't think anyone should come away from such an exercise thinking that he still had a good argument there. I think THAT is why he gave it up. The timeline of it isn't the interesting part of the story.
Seems like from your perspective he did it to look townie and once that objective was achieved he moved on.

This is just conjecture. It could seem like that, sure, but is that what actually happened? This isn't a convincing argument for anything.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:39 pm

Anyway, good night yall, back to my RL job tomorrow :S
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:52 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 701, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 697, Grackaroni wrote: No I don't have any assumption that you're distancing from each other. To be honest I couldn't even remember what your stances towards each other were.

Okay. Well, Roden is my strongest scum read and I would very much love to see him yeeted today. Roden is also currently voting for me and used language in that vote that makes it seem like that opinion is pretty rock-solid and isn't going to change.

Does knowing this change anything for you?
I just view both of you as more likely scum than random for having acted strangely so far. Maybe 30-40%.

This is maybe too broad of a question, but can I ask in what ways I have "acted strangely"? I can explain my actions on everything; I have nothing to hide. You are free to press me and interrogate me as thoroughly as you like.
I compare everyone against my own view of their capabilities as players and having played with Oats/Darth/Vivax a lot I don't think any of them have posted anything that they aren't capable of posting as scum, so I can't give them a town read.

I have liked some of Luca's posts so far this game.

Okay, that seems sensible. I don't have anything to add; I'm just leaving this here so you know I read it :P
For me it was the vague list post into saying that you'd missed Dannfloor's post on you and that you were still mulling over your thoughts on him. Usually I'd expect players to have immediate reactions to people pushing them.

I don't usually like to judge entrance posts but your entrance also reads as forced to me... with the 'yeehaaaw' and the dad joke.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

For the moment I'd rather

VOTE: Dunnstral
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:02 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 693, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 680, Oatsmaster wrote: I would really like ninjas answer as to why she townreads dann. It’s a very common mafia tactic to try and pocket someone right after they drop their scumread of them and this screams to me like that’s happening.

One of the biggest reasons why is because Dann seems to have his ear to the ground this game and is thus well aware of how much content I am putting out here. Given that, I think Dann would have to be completely bonkers to try and push me, of all people, with that fairly detailed post he wrote. A scum version of him HAS to know that of course I'm going to dive deep into all of that and rip it up, and he'd know that his argument was bullshit. Like why would he pick a fight with a lengthy response type of person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty? It makes a lot more sense to do it as town and genuinely believing all of it to be true.

But let me also be clear about something, I would say I LEAN town. I do have some issues with not understanding Dann's line of thinking on everything, and it does seem like Dann drums up a lot of conjecture. He's put a LOT of words in my mouth. That absolutely can just be confirmation bias so it should not (and does not) mean that I scumread Dann. My read on Dann is light town, not solid town.

Looking through his reads in post 538, we're not perfectly aligned, but we're about 75% aligned on it. And his take on Darth, even though I do disagree with it, does at least seem to have some rationale behind it. Like I consider post 536 to be decent food for thought, but I still kinda lean towards it being more confirmation bias than anything else. I've seen people make way worse cases against people in this game and in a way less delicate manner, so I'm not going to take that read that I disagree with as clear evidence of guilt.
Ok maybe I’m wrong on ninja town after all
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 499, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
Dunnstral
- 7 total posts as of writing this, and the only thing they've really talked about is a take on meta game analysis in post , about whether activity level is a sign of guilt. This is as good a time as any to explain my real intent with bringing up the fact that I think less activity is a sign of guilt: it was purely to try and light a fire under the asses of scum and get them to post more. My hope was that it would scare scum lurkers into providing more content, which is great, because the more scum has to say and the more content they have to provide, the more likely they are to screw up and get caught. When you're guilty, you increase your chances of getting caught every time you touch your keyboard and I don't think any scum is unaware of this fact, and I absolutely believe that plays out in games like this.

I mean I will fucking DIE on that hill, that I believe that the guilty just say less, and I cannot fathom why anyone legitimately believes otherwise. I am sympathetic to the view that it doesn't make for a
solid
case against anyone, but you have to be COMPLETELY off your rocker if you don't actually believe that the guilty are simply less likely to say stuff in this game, period.

So on that note, if you're town and you pushed back on me on this, just literally
what the fuck are you doing???
Were you not able to tell why a person might say something like this? If you are actually town and you argued against me on this, not only did you make what I think is a pretty dumb argument, you also just completely obliterated my move to try and scare scum into talking more, and at this point you've done that REALLY effectively, as now scum can look at all the pushback I got for trying to argue that low activity level means something and they can kick back with their cuppa tea or whatever calming beverage they prefer to consume and just let us townies provide all the content eating each other up while doing next to nothing to provide that content that will look scummy. Like, use your heads, people, and understand the implications of your thoughts and actions.

But I digress, the fact that Dunnstral offered so little content and that the only content is meta game analysis, I lean more scum, but there's just not enough content here to really nail that read down.
What am I doing? You offered up what I felt was a bad argument and I put up counterpoints to that. There is a real trend in games to go after the lowest posters as that results in the least push back and I like to steer away from that, especially when, as i've pointed out, they are not more often than not mafia.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't really think you are mafia, especially after you wrote that big post. I do suspect what Roden was doing in pushing whatshisname as their confidence felt faked. And now that you've pointed out I agree that Hu Tao's vote on you does not look good so they seem suspicious too.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

gob is a hard read. You think they look like mafia because they're making sort of random claims and saying weird things but they do this sort of thing as town too. I don't think they're the type to get "scared" by what you are doing either superfluosninja.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 708, Dunnstral wrote: I don't really think you are mafia, especially after you wrote that big post. I do suspect what Roden was doing in pushing whatshisname as their confidence felt faked. And now that you've pointed out I agree that Hu Tao's vote on you does not look good so they seem suspicious too.
Is this the extent of your reads? Just sheeping ninja?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:12 pm

Post by Gypyx »

SuperFluousNinja (3) :
oatsmaster / Hu Tao / Roden

Roden (2) :
Luca Blight / SuperflousNinja

DarthPunk (2) :
Dannflor / gob

outoforder (2) :
Naerys / Vivax

Naerys (1) :
outoforder

gob (1) :
DarthPunk

Dunnstral (1) :
Grackaroni

Not Voting (1):
Dunnstral

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod NotesThe fog is coming

Flavor
Spoiler:
So yeah, here's what i'm gonna educate all of you about for the next couple of weeks :mrgreen:

firstly, we'll talk about the pilot, like, really, let's make it clear that i really like murder drones, clearly a bit too much given i'm willing to kidnap 13 peoples just to have someone who listens to me, but the pilot? the pilot is the source of all my worries, the pilot hates me, and i hate the pilot and once i'm done you will too and i'm channelling all my rage in this statement ok?????

secondly, the plot doesn't switch all of a sudden without any explaination, but problem, you can't make an eldritch horror show when you spend the first 3 episodes setting up comedy, like, really, you're taking checkers pieces to a chess tournaments

finally i'll talk about how this show has betrayed all of it's secondary characters and how not having the budget to spend time with them can't explain everything, i miiiiight get distracted with how much i love them even in their 1 dimensional state but i swear i'll do my best

and when i can fit that you'll be offered some smaller but still as entertaining stuff : )
Last edited by Gypyx on Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:14 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 702, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 699, Oatsmaster wrote:
Like why would he pick a fight with a lengthy response type of person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty?

Considering you gave him a solid townread in that list post, doesn’t seem like this is true.

I guess I just don't really follow what you're saying here. What is the connection between the general assumption that scum wouldn't want to stir shit up with a lengthy response type of person and my town read on Dann? Like why isn't the conclusion just that this makes Dann less likely to be scum?
Why would scum not want to stir shit up with a lengthy response type person? You aren’t super active and you leave the thread often. That’s hardly some deterrent for scum to not push town!ninja.
Scumdann just cares about looking townie, he doesn’t really care who dies. That case has everyone thinking he’s town. Not really sure why this is some super unlikely scenario.
Like from your perspective, this dude just spent a bunch of time casing you and immediately after you responded he just dropped it and went for someone else. Doesn’t really seem like he was invested in his read.

I like to think the reason he gave it up so fast was because I did such a great job of deconstructing his argument. Consider that I was able to go through each and every word he wrote and explained all of it thoroughly. You could have broken everything he wrote and everything I wrote into like 20-30 posts of this site's seemingly average length, and then it would magically look less like he just abandoned it real quick and more like he actually followed through on his suspicions, and yet the actual content of everything that was said would still be exactly the same. Everyone is free to re-read my response as many times as they like; I don't think anyone should come away from such an exercise thinking that he still had a good argument there. I think THAT is why he gave it up. The timeline of it isn't the interesting part of the story.
This is just some ego talking that you somehow managed to convince a town!dann of your amazing argument that he doesnt push back at literally anything you said in response to the thing he’s spent the most time on so far. It’s not that his argument is so super airtight, it’s that you’d expect the main pusher to still probe and prod.
Seems like from your perspective he did it to look townie and once that objective was achieved he moved on.

This is just conjecture. It could seem like that, sure, but is that what actually happened? This isn't a convincing argument for anything.
[/quote]
Yes literally this entire game is conjecture.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 514, Naerys wrote:
In post 513, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 493, outoforder wrote: Gonna put my vote here for now.
VOTE: Naerys
Complete lackluster today.

As a side note, how do spoilers actually work here? They seem to be not working correctly in my mind.
Just letting you know, regardless of alignment this is how naery posts. Not a whole lot of content.
What can i say, i prefer to observe from backround
In post 517, Naerys wrote: Unless its actually SCUM who are writing those endless posts
In post 519, Naerys wrote:
In post 518, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 517, Naerys wrote: Unless its actually SCUM who are writing those endless posts
There is like 7 of them. They can't all be scum :lol:
Trees hiding in a forest
I find this posting suggesting that wall posting is scummy without reading anything fairly suspicious
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 710, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 708, Dunnstral wrote: I don't really think you are mafia, especially after you wrote that big post. I do suspect what Roden was doing in pushing whatshisname as their confidence felt faked. And now that you've pointed out I agree that Hu Tao's vote on you does not look good so they seem suspicious too.
Is this the extent of your reads? Just sheeping ninja?
This is a bit of a straw man. I gave my own reads and mentioned that they had a point on Hu Tao. Also as you can see I'm still reading through the thread.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 669, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 668, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 376, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral why is superfluous' assertion about lurkers like the most interesting thing to you about this game so far

i don't think you're scum for lurking but i don't understand why you are picking at the things you are picking at
Well there's a lot of things that I don't feel like commenting on. Their assertions feel wrong so I felt like commenting on it.
How is it that you have so many posts on this forum and so few in this game?
I average less posts per day than you do.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:27 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Can you just summarize your thoughts on the players in the game so that we kind of have a sense of what your thoughts are and how you would like to progress things.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:28 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I'd really like to be in the thread at the same time as OOO for a bit.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:31 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 716, DarthPunk wrote:
Can you just summarize your thoughts on the players in the game so that we kind of have a sense of what your thoughts are and how you would like to progress things.
True at the moment, but it won't be true for long after this game :)

You get the idea though. You must usually be an active poster to have built up the post count that you have.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:32 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Oh I quoted the wrong post.

oh well
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:35 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 706, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 693, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 680, Oatsmaster wrote: I would really like ninjas answer as to why she townreads dann. It’s a very common mafia tactic to try and pocket someone right after they drop their scumread of them and this screams to me like that’s happening.

One of the biggest reasons why is because Dann seems to have his ear to the ground this game and is thus well aware of how much content I am putting out here. Given that, I think Dann would have to be completely bonkers to try and push me, of all people, with that fairly detailed post he wrote. A scum version of him HAS to know that of course I'm going to dive deep into all of that and rip it up, and he'd know that his argument was bullshit. Like why would he pick a fight with a lengthy response type of person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty? It makes a lot more sense to do it as town and genuinely believing all of it to be true.

But let me also be clear about something, I would say I LEAN town. I do have some issues with not understanding Dann's line of thinking on everything, and it does seem like Dann drums up a lot of conjecture. He's put a LOT of words in my mouth. That absolutely can just be confirmation bias so it should not (and does not) mean that I scumread Dann. My read on Dann is light town, not solid town.

Looking through his reads in post 538, we're not perfectly aligned, but we're about 75% aligned on it. And his take on Darth, even though I do disagree with it, does at least seem to have some rationale behind it. Like I consider post 536 to be decent food for thought, but I still kinda lean towards it being more confirmation bias than anything else. I've seen people make way worse cases against people in this game and in a way less delicate manner, so I'm not going to take that read that I disagree with as clear evidence of guilt.
Ok maybe I’m wrong on ninja town after all
Ninja why are you hedging so hard on your town read of Dann here??

Is there any real distinction between lean town and town that causes you to spend so much time talking about why he is town and the spend so much time talking about why its only a -lean- and if it is only a lean, why spend so much time on it?

I guess none of that really makes sense in terms of solving or progressing your reads or the game.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 720, DarthPunk wrote: Is there any real distinction between lean town and town that causes you to spend so much time talking about why he is town and the spend so much time talking about why its only a -lean- and if it is only a lean, why spend so much time on it?
This sentence is cooked so ill try again in English,

Is there any real distinction between lean town and town?

Why spend so much time talking about why he is town to then undermine that effort talking about why it's only a -lean-?

Why does any of that matter enough for the post to exist?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I'm going to start getting nervous if OOO spends huge chunks of time away from the thread by the way.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:40 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 722, DarthPunk wrote: I'm going to start getting nervous if OOO spends huge chunks of time away from the thread by the way.
I don't feel good about it but it seems like the best heuristic as to his alignment cause he so damn strong.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 722, DarthPunk wrote: I'm going to start getting nervous if OOO spends huge chunks of time away from the thread by the way.
Then we prepare the catapult for yeeting.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”