Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:23 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 772, Dunnstral wrote:
Town: DarthPunk, SuperfluousNinja

Suspicious: Naerys, Roden
Can you go a bit further for the reasoning for these reads?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 758, outoforder wrote: The most bothering thing about Dann is that every now and then he pings Dunnstral, but then he goes back to do something completely different. Now i
can see
a townie reason for this, but i admit there is a moderate chance of distancing, because that's some pretty vague shit.
I think this is weird too. I'm not mafia though, this is all on Dann.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:24 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 774, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 745, outoforder wrote: Dunnstral, Vivax, i dont really know.
Can you articulate why you believe I am mafia?
Because you have posted basically no substance at all.
I know some of what you think, i have no idea why you think what you think.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

General reminder to watch language again, try to use eliminated or yeeted
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:25 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 776, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 758, outoforder wrote: The most bothering thing about Dann is that every now and then he pings Dunnstral, but then he goes back to do something completely different. Now i
can see
a townie reason for this, but i admit there is a moderate chance of distancing, because that's some pretty vague shit.
I think this is weird too. I'm not mafia though, this is all on Dann.
Dont worry. I will never ever use something some other person did to accuse you (or any player) of being mafia.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:25 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 771, outoforder wrote: But i don't really understand why she doesn't put me in scum category there.
There should be nothing wrong for her to do that, it would just give her more suspects.
Or is it just being irrational = mafia?
Scum and null are not that much different to mafia

The real question is why she town reads dann after apparently seeing only a vote post, on her, with no explanation.

When the best reason to think dann was town was the case she didn’t read…
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 780, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 771, outoforder wrote: But i don't really understand why she doesn't put me in scum category there.
There should be nothing wrong for her to do that, it would just give her more suspects.
Or is it just being irrational = mafia?
Scum and null are not that much different to mafia

The real question is why she town reads dann after apparently seeing only a vote post, on her, with no explanation.

When the best reason to think dann was town was the case she didn’t read…
yes i understand this.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:31 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 777, outoforder wrote:
In post 774, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 745, outoforder wrote: Dunnstral, Vivax, i dont really know.
Can you articulate why you believe I am mafia?
Because you have posted basically no substance at all.
I know some of what you think, i have no idea why you think what you think.
This is basically the issue because you aren’t accountable for any position you take as you aren’t really transparent about how you got there.

And we can’t really read you as town or as mafia easily because, again no idea what you are thinking or if you are even thinking at all.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Spoiler:
In post 708, Dunnstral wrote: I don't really think you are mafia, especially after you wrote that big post. I do suspect what Roden was doing in pushing whatshisname as their confidence felt faked. And now that you've pointed out I agree that Hu Tao's vote on you does not look good so they seem suspicious too.
In post 709, Dunnstral wrote: gob is a hard read. You think they look like mafia because they're making sort of random claims and saying weird things but they do this sort of thing as town too. I don't think they're the type to get "scared" by what you are doing either superfluosninja.
In post 713, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 514, Naerys wrote:
In post 513, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 493, outoforder wrote: Gonna put my vote here for now.
VOTE: Naerys
Complete lackluster today.

As a side note, how do spoilers actually work here? They seem to be not working correctly in my mind.
Just letting you know, regardless of alignment this is how naery posts. Not a whole lot of content.
What can i say, i prefer to observe from backround
In post 517, Naerys wrote: Unless its actually SCUM who are writing those endless posts
In post 519, Naerys wrote:
In post 518, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 517, Naerys wrote: Unless its actually SCUM who are writing those endless posts
There is like 7 of them. They can't all be scum :lol:
Trees hiding in a forest
I find this posting suggesting that wall posting is scummy without reading anything fairly suspicious

Here are my reasons. DarthPunk reads tonally as town to me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 763, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 716, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 708, Dunnstral wrote: I don't really think you are mafia, especially after you wrote that big post. I do suspect what Roden was doing in pushing whatshisname as their confidence felt faked. And now that you've pointed out I agree that Hu Tao's vote on you does not look good so they seem suspicious too.
Can you just summarize your thoughts on the players in the game so that we kind of have a sense of what your thoughts are and how you would like to progress things.
The fact that he left thread without answering this really bothers me by the way.

UNVOTE: gob
VOTE: dunnstral
I am busy and can't spend all my time on this thread. I hope that you can acknowledge this and stop trying to use activity tells to read me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I rather like outoforder's posts on the last few pages.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:45 pm

Post by outoforder »

Spoiler:
In post 709, Dunnstral wrote: gob is a hard read. You think they look like mafia because they're making sort of random claims and saying weird things but they do this sort of thing as town too. I don't think they're the type to get "scared" by what you are doing either superfluosninja.
In post 713, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 514, Naerys wrote:
In post 513, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 493, outoforder wrote: Gonna put my vote here for now.
VOTE: Naerys
Complete lackluster today.

As a side note, how do spoilers actually work here? They seem to be not working correctly in my mind.
Just letting you know, regardless of alignment this is how naery posts. Not a whole lot of content.
What can i say, i prefer to observe from backround
In post 519, Naerys wrote:
In post 518, Hu Tao wrote:
There is like 7 of them. They can't all be scum :lol:
Trees hiding in a forest
I find this posting suggesting that wall posting is scummy without reading anything fairly suspicious
Here are my reasons. DarthPunk reads tonally as town to me.
Okay i have some questions about this:
- Why is Hu Tao in your suspect list when you told to Ninja she is suspicious?
- I can understand your take on Ninja / Roden, however do you think just making a big post makes her town? I mean like... it shouldnt, and i don't see any more reasoning there other than she made a big post.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:45 pm

Post by outoforder »

*Why is Hu Tao not in your suspect list
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:47 pm

Post by outoforder »

Also do you have any read on Luca Blight and/or Vivax?
As Ninja is your town read, do you think she can have that kind of confidence in her read on Luca, if you can't have a read on Luca? Why?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:49 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 784, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 763, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 716, DarthPunk wrote:
Can you just summarize your thoughts on the players in the game so that we kind of have a sense of what your thoughts are and how you would like to progress things.
The fact that he left thread without answering this really bothers me by the way.

UNVOTE: gob
VOTE: dunnstral
I am busy and can't spend all my time on this thread. I hope that you can acknowledge this and stop trying to use activity tells to read me.
I’m not doing any of that. Im not expecting you to use “all your time on the thread” I’m just expecting to generally know your thinking and to post some reads cause it seems to me you were avoiding it.

But I appreciate that you are here posting now fwiw
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:52 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Anyway I’m going to sleep. @Luca I would like your thoughts on my discussion with ooo if you have time, particularly the ninja stuff and your ooo read now
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Well I forgot about Hu tao. Likely because it wasn't originally my own point that I made. I do suspect them though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 786, outoforder wrote: - I can understand your take on Ninja / Roden, however do you think just making a big post makes her town? I mean like... it shouldnt, and i don't see any more reasoning there other than she made a big post.
Well I liked that ninja said she was trying to do something with the activity stuff in that post. I do have a soft spot for big effort posts though.
In post 788, outoforder wrote: Also do you have any read on Luca Blight and/or Vivax?
As Ninja is your town read, do you think she can have that kind of confidence in her read on Luca, if you can't have a read on Luca? Why?
I liked the last post Luca made about ninja's post, other than that I don't have much thought. Vivax has been making posts that seem weird to me but I wrote it off as playstyle differences.

And sure I don't have to agree with everything someone says to think they are town. I often don't.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:17 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 792, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 786, outoforder wrote: - I can understand your take on Ninja / Roden, however do you think just making a big post makes her town? I mean like... it shouldnt, and i don't see any more reasoning there other than she made a big post.
Well I liked that ninja said she was trying to do something with the activity stuff in that post. I do have a soft spot for big effort posts though.
In post 788, outoforder wrote: Also do you have any read on Luca Blight and/or Vivax?
I liked the last post Luca made about ninja's post, other than that I don't have much thought. Vivax has been making posts that seem weird to me but I wrote it off as playstyle differences.

And sure I don't have to agree with everything someone says to think they are town. I often don't.
Of course you dont, i wouldnt hold that against you.

But like, we've expressed some concerns in Ninja's post (with DP). Like... if Ninja posts like that (makes big posts with a lot of effort) as town, i wouldnt think she would act differently as mafia. For the posters who make wall of texts, it's often small nuances that give them out -- as you can look reasonable by posting 90% truth about other players as long as your vote ends up on someone who isnt mafia.

What we were discussing was:
- Ninja placed Dann on town pile for reasons she probably shouldnt (the real reasons came after she did that)
- Ninja placed Luca in "conf town" position but the reasoning in her post didn't include what she actually said makes Luca "conf town"
- Ninja called me out for conf bias, when that "conf bias" actually meant that i shouldnt know i am town

I find these to be those kind of small nuances that
could make her mafia
. I am not sure of it, but it's definitely something to look into imo.

In a similar sense, in case Ninja is actually town, Luca's "100% agree to that post" doesn't look good to me, because there is DEFINITELY stuff you should not agree with. It's just very easy thing to say as mafia in case you know it's actually a townie who wrote that post.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:22 am

Post by outoforder »

Anyways i gotta get to work.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:35 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 562, Roden wrote: My case on Order is void at atp, I didn't like their early interactions with Luca and Vivax but turned my opinion around. I vibe with the mentality "I only post what I feel I need to" and tonally I feel that their posting has gotten a lot better.

UNVOTE:

I also had some reservations about Dann, at one point it looked like he may have been trying to pocket me with posts like and when he was hard defending me while writing his case against Ninja. I think he ultimately is town though for later backing up a bit and concluding that he might've been too hasty, I think if he were scum he would just stick to town reading me and leaving it at that.

Luca I think is spewed town for being unable to discern that I was mimicking Oats' play and behavior when interacting with him and then not knowing that me calling them scum was a joke. They've overall been fairly townie and strike me as someone who's got a decent grasp on the game.

Ninja at first seemed similar to Luca, but the more I interacted with her and then saw some of her later posts, the more I think she's just playing with an agenda to elim people rather than scum hunt. Her insistence on arguing that I'm wrong about my own thoughts and intentions reads more as gaslighting rather than someone who's actually try to solve my alignment. doubles down on this and is very tonally manipulative.

VOTE: Ninja

I really don't get this vote, when Ninja put forth a lot of insightful analysis in that has gone unrecognised by Roden, who is zoning in primarily on things that directly involve him. I also don't see the gaslighting/manipulation, so perhaps you can point that out for me (unless you already have, as I'm still slowly catching-up).

I also am a little confused as to why not realising you were mimicking oats/not being serious when calling me scum spews me as town?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:06 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 568, DarthPunk wrote:
Now the real question is, why does it seem like you are operating with an agenda, you write cases that are worse than you present them as, with a level of confidence that is not commesurate to the 'evidence' you are presenting.

It smacks of holding an agenda tbh. Are you trying to wrest thread control from the active players? Or are you mafia?

This doesn't sit well with me.

First, I think Dann's case on Ninja was very well-considered, and you showed signs of agreeing with it yourself. Therefore, it feels as though you're riding on Ninja's line of defence, regarding Dann making bad cases, to dismiss the case out of hand. You're also not considering that when Dann was presented with a valid reason to change his read, he did so and clearly displayed his thought-process in doing so, so it's not like he has undue confidence in his cases, as if he did then he would still be voting Ninja.

The last sentence seems like you're trying to sow the seeds of doubt on a player who is, in my opinion, quite clearly town.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:12 am

Post by Vivax »

Last VC said that the fog is coming. There‘s also two listings of OoO.

Anyway. I can do more after today. I might go for another reset. It bugs me that Roden seems to be an universal scumread and Oats an universal townread.

I think to myself that me being town and contrarian on these two, at least some mafia would attempt to be supportive of that if I were wrong on them. Egocentric I know.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:13 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 793, outoforder wrote: What we were discussing was:
- Ninja placed Dann on town pile for reasons she probably shouldnt (the real reasons came after she did that)
- Ninja placed Luca in "conf town" position but the reasoning in her post didn't include what she actually said makes Luca "conf town"
- Ninja called me out for conf bias, when that "conf bias" actually meant that i shouldnt know i am town
I didn't have a problem with Ninja's read on Dann. They talk about how they missed the post and then talked about their reads after.
Looking back at they do seem to point to a Luca post they liked and explain their read.
And I don't see where they talk about confirmation bias regarding you.
In post 793, outoforder wrote: In a similar sense, in case Ninja is actually town, Luca's "100% agree to that post" doesn't look good to me, because there is DEFINITELY stuff you should not agree with. It's just very easy thing to say as mafia in case you know it's actually a townie who wrote that post.
This is a good point.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:14 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 797, Vivax wrote: Last VC said that the fog is coming. There‘s also two listings of OoO.

Anyway. I can do more after today. I might go for another reset. It bugs me that Roden seems to be an universal scumread and Oats an universal townread.

I think to myself that me being town and contrarian on these two, at least some mafia would attempt to be supportive of that if I were wrong on them. Egocentric I know.
*makes you blow up with my magic mod powers* (thanks)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”