Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:15 pm

Post by gob »

In post 1449, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1205, Vivax wrote: Fwiw I forgot that I‘d accept gob in the bloc.
I‘m just kinda treating him as non-entity so I almost forgot. Cute posting but can‘t take it seriously.
His posts just come across as so innocent. It's like he puts no thought at all into how they will be perceived.
Thanks, i have confidence in myself. Sort of. It's not really real, and I think everyone knows that. But it's a workable facade everyone can play around.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:17 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1049, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1044, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1043, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Dann is here arguing otherwise and trying to create a space for people to change their minds on a whim and not have to account for it. Is that a sentiment people agree with around here?
You can change your mind and give reasons after. Hes saying that you dont have to justify the change before it occurs, which is something scum do a lot to avoid suspicion of exactly what you are saying. Thats what signposting is.

Dann isnt arguing that reads lists arent important.

So where is he arguing that I'm justifying my changes BEFORE they happen?
Is he just making that part up?
Seems to me like every time my mind has changed on someone or something, my actions on it came afterwards, not prior to them.

I guess I don't understand what "signposting" is then. Give me an example? It's not a word I've ever seen in this game.

More importantly, though, is Dann making up a case against me that isn't real?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

can't sleep, I probably need to do a total reread and re-eval of this game

sorry for being all over the place everyone
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

gob im sorry i think you are town but you are wrong on me
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Post by gob »

I legit cannot remember why I thought dannfloor was scummy... I had a good reason why he was the right vote at work but i forgot it.

VOTE: DarthPunk

so im switching gears.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

lmao that timing
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It is honestly very hard for me to tell this game what pings I should be listening to because they are genuine scum tells and what is just severely grating playstyle differences. I think it's contributing to a lot of my lack of conviction this game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Anyway, I'll stop with the woe is me crap and try to reset myself in the morning and put some actual firm reads together in a reads list because obviously my usual style is not helping anyone, including myself.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:34 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1064, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1058, outoforder wrote:
In post 1056, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm asking if I have actually done this, or if he is fabricating this case.

If I've done this, I want to see an actual, concrete, quoted example of me doing so.
you did it for instance when you were voting for me but already telling basically youre gonna vote for gob.

Ugh, I am getting really tired of people just referring to things I did without actually quoting me.

EVIDENCE, PEOPLE. USE IT. STOP JUST TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND SHOW THEM HAPPENING.

I don't know why I'm getting frustrated this morning lol but I think I am a little bothered that people are just saying "X did Y" without actually demonstrating that X did Y. Let's see some real evidence, folks.
Good post.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:36 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1092, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1076, Oatsmaster wrote: Alright who do you think we should go? Please don’t say darth punk
is there a reason to strongly town read DP

or do you just think there are far better lim candidates
Dann testing the waters for a flip on his DP read.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:37 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1095, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1091, Oatsmaster wrote: So explain to me how it’s only townie to do what you did
I think that type of read fluidity is a lot harder (at least for me) to replicate as scum and it largely stems from wanting to be right and not really caring how I look

but I already said this so we probably just won't agree
Setting the ground for backflipping on reads.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:38 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 1284, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1278, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1275, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1273, Dannflor wrote: I don't understand why you guys think he will self resolve

if he's scum he just kills the people who scum read him and wins
If he’s alive d4 I’m yeeting him and so should everyone else.
this feels extremely naive
You guys don’t have strong players here?
Realistically who gets nightkilled the first 3 nights?
Nobody is killing gob/naerys/hu Tao/ninja/Luca/vivax/you/Roden/Dunn
Woooooah

I made it into the night kill list.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:38 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1099, Vivax wrote:
In post 1097, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.
Maybe I should scumread him after all.
okay so i read this and think about how you went "let's fight Dann"

and then immediately backed off
I think you are more concerned with appearing dominant/superior in the thread rather than solving it.

That bugs me. And I am erratic like that as times.
Agree.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:39 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1102, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1100, Dannflor wrote: I mean I think in general scum tend to be more static and less fluid in their reads, that's the common trend in my opinion. I think making a big case on someone then immediately backing off is like, not the intuitive scum move vs. tunneling someone

uhh basically, I'm trying very hard as town to improve my read accuracy and that means not just sticking to the first scum read if I get good evidence to the contrary
Im not really sure how this isn’t replicable in your scum play even from your perspective considering it’s just
Step 1: case a townie that you know can defend themselves
Step 2: flip off them when they inevitably reply.
Step 3: make the exact same arguments you are making right now.

Especially because you seem insanely aware that you are doing that on purpose.
Agree.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:40 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1108, Dannflor wrote: i think my gut wants to put vivax as town and DP as scum

I can't really substantiate that beyond vague feelings when I scroll through their ISOs though
This is not what he says later.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:40 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1449, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1205, Vivax wrote: Fwiw I forgot that I‘d accept gob in the bloc.
I‘m just kinda treating him as non-entity so I almost forgot. Cute posting but can‘t take it seriously.
His posts just come across as so innocent. It's like he puts no thought at all into how they will be perceived.
Or in other words, he‘s true to his avatar. He‘s just kinda hopping around spreading his own trademark of little chaos hoping that someone would find it scummy.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:41 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1107, Vivax wrote: I'll have to hedge on DP being town because he is usually very good at wrestling thread control and being the dominant voice, and I couldn't see him doing that yet.

There could be a bunch of town reasons for that like his dates, Bday etc. but I hope that it will eventually show. I'm not used to him looking so comfortable with not having a large degree of control. In my last few games where he was town he was far from having a laissez-faire attitude.
I don't agree that I don't have control when I am in the thread. Maybe I don't now, since I was afk for like a huge period but I def was leading when I was active.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:49 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1466, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1107, Vivax wrote: I'll have to hedge on DP being town because he is usually very good at wrestling thread control and being the dominant voice, and I couldn't see him doing that yet.

There could be a bunch of town reasons for that like his dates, Bday etc. but I hope that it will eventually show. I'm not used to him looking so comfortable with not having a large degree of control. In my last few games where he was town he was far from having a laissez-faire attitude.
I don't agree that I don't have control when I am in the thread. Maybe I don't now, since I was afk for like a huge period but I def was leading when I was active.
Dunno, when I asked JacobStrangelove about that thread back on TL I saw a side of you that I didn‘t even know existed.

You are still just moderately invested, but I‘m taking note of your intent when it comes
to Dannflor.

Why prioritize him over Luca though? Makes me think it‘s personal, and I don‘t sympathize with personal right now.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.

I'm a little suspicious of this, because I don't see why it would take until this point in time for Vivax to have this consideration. For me, this is the first thing I think about, which is why i was suspicious of outoforder and Roden early doors for their sudden burst of energy, as it's reminiscent of my past scum games.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:58 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1457, Dannflor wrote: Anyway, I'll stop with the woe is me crap and try to reset myself in the morning and put some actual firm reads together in a reads list because obviously my usual style is not helping anyone, including myself.
This is a great degree of insight and humbleness.
Might help to resolve if Dann is a town white knight or actually mafia here.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

One theory that has crossed my mind - Vivax is being belligerent with players who he knows will scumread him for passive behaviour, while playing it cool on players who might be more easily influenced.

Vivax has played it very cool on me all game, and has only started to raise doubts since I criticised some of his posts.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1468, Luca Blight wrote:

I'm a little suspicious of this, because I don't see why it would take until this point in time for Vivax to have this consideration. For me, this is the first thing I think about, which is why i was suspicious of outoforder and Roden early doors for their sudden burst of energy, as it's reminiscent of my past scum games.
Noted that you are interceding in Roden vs me, against me, which makes sense on one side because Roden refuses to vote for you, doesn‘t on the other because he used to be your only scumread.

But why not intercede in the Dann vs DP dichotomy?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1112, Vivax wrote:
In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
When I look at this post I become uncomfortable. It is unusually confident and the type of post I'd make as mafia since it's very sentiment based.

Dann, this didn't bother you but my three guesses did? How so.

What if I floated a Dann/Luca/x scenario?

I don't understand what you mean here, can you elaborate a little further?

How is it any more confident than a number of posts you've made this game?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1471, Vivax wrote:
In post 1468, Luca Blight wrote:

Noted that you are interceding in Roden vs me, against me, which makes sense on one side because Roden refuses to vote for you, doesn‘t on the other because he used to be your only scumread.

But why not intercede in the Dann vs DP dichotomy?

I haven't even caught-up to Roden's catch-up yet.

Why should I intercede on Dann vs Darth Punk? I don't get your point.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1467, Vivax wrote:
In post 1466, DarthPunk wrote:

Dunno, when I asked JacobStrangelove about that thread back on TL I saw a side of you that I didn‘t even know existed.

You are still just moderately invested, but I‘m taking note of your intent when it comes
to Dannflor.

Why prioritize him over Luca though? Makes me think it‘s personal, and I don‘t sympathize with personal right now.
He is clearly scum. It was really obvious TBH from reading the thread in one go.

He was testing to see the reaction to flipping his read on me, and also laying some ground through self-meta to allow him to do so with no actual evidence. (he has been trying similar shit with Ninja tbh)

And then when you and Rayn were vibing with eachother and talking about my alignment, he kind of just jumps in, almost to pre-empt the read of the two current thread leaders and try to jump in the circle with you.

There is a whole bunch of other stuff that struck me as scummy. I'll write up a big case.

I haven't read a lot of pages like that in a long time, usually im kind of always current.

But here are some of my takeaways:

I think Ninja is most likely town now, I think Rayn was right about inconsistency/selfawareness incogruence, but also I think dann is trying the same kind of pushes on her that he is doing to me.

I think Rayn is lock town

I think Oats is lock town

I think you are town. There is a bit of a niggle in the back of my mind about you just pocketing rayn, but you really haven't done that and the way you guys were vibing was legit imo.

I think Grack looked really good in his catchup and then Meh after. Still town.

I feel like Luca's play dropped off really really hard since day one, where they vibed town to me.

I don't like their soft defending of dann.

I think Roden looks bad. He made one post I liked regarding ninja and the slip, but ninja seems bit of a scum target tbh.

Dann mafia.

Gob still looks bad to me.

Rest are forgettable so I need to filter them.

Dunnstral looks best out of the lurkers fwiw.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”