Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1171, Vivax wrote: I‘ve been devil‘s advocate for you, don‘t you think ?

That earned me a lot of criticism, but in the long run it also told me that nobody would have done the same for you. Just cost me the extra effort, but I wasn‘t pretending, I actually believed it. To find the devil means to play his game first.

Except maybe Naerys, she might have done something for you, who resorted to calling Oats mafia without having a firm stance on you. A chainsaw vote.

Let‘s try Luca/Naerys/Roden ? See if anything changes ?
I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys.
I think I'm leaning no on roden right now

Was this ever explained?

Because Hu Tao seems like the sort of player, in this game, to just go along with anything, so it surprises me that she would say 'no' to voting Roden here in particular.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1522, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1520, DarthPunk wrote: Grack now that I explained my Oates read can you please explain your inexplicable gob read.
There's not much behind it beyond what I've said. He seems to just throw out scum reads on people without any concern at all for how his posts may look in the thread.

He may be just giggling in the scum chat like Vivax for all I know. I've just never seen anyone play scum like this before.
So how do we test his thinking at all? Can he just do whatever and face no consequences for it?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I kinda wanna iso vivax but he’s on board with everyone I wanna yeet so I kinda don’t?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by Vivax »

Hard to say, it would depend on how much mafia has the cojones to support my opinion as town.

It’s coinflippy, but I’d say not much.
I think he could be scum particularly after me and OoO tried to give him an opportunity to find a better lim than himself (on top of it you, when he was your only scumread) which he didn’t really do much about.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1245, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1199, Roden wrote:
In post 857, Naerys wrote: VOTE: oatsmaster
oh and this is scum btw
Future me, does Naerys ever actually do anything?
No. You kinda just gotta read between the lines to see if her reads make sense. That's how I taught her last game
This pinged me as pretty unnatural. Like what does this even mean?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1247, Roden wrote:
In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
What would be your perspective on the game if you found out you were wrong on me?

To be honest, not a whole lot different right now. I would definitely look harder at the quiet players, Hu Tao, Naerys (I have to keep consulting the original post to spell her name correctly, that's how little impression she has made), I would review Gob and Dunn, and I would review Darth Punk and Grack. I intend to do most of this today anyway, given the chance.

I know this isn't a really satisfactory answer, but hopefully I'll be able to improve upon it later.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:47 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1454, gob wrote: I legit cannot remember why I thought dannfloor was scummy... I had a good reason why he was the right vote at work but i forgot it.

VOTE: DarthPunk

so im switching gears.
Okay so I’m trying to rationalize this vote as mafia!gob

Assuming mafia!dann
This is a quick distraction play to discredit dp and sow some confusion, it’s extremely basic and likely to break down under more intense scrutiny especially once dann flips.

Assuming town!dann
I just don’t see any reason gob swaps here, it’s super striking and he’s been doing a good job of floating around without attracting too much suspicion and he votes the 1 person that thinks he’s mafia.

Idkkkkk I mean maybe I’m giving gob too much credit
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1530, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1247, Roden wrote:
In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
What would be your perspective on the game if you found out you were wrong on me?

To be honest, not a whole lot different right now. I would definitely look harder at the quiet players, Hu Tao, Naerys (I have to keep consulting the original post to spell her name correctly, that's how little impression she has made), I would review Gob and Dunn, and I would review Darth Punk and Grack. I intend to do most of this today anyway, given the chance.

I know this isn't a really satisfactory answer, but hopefully I'll be able to improve upon it later.
Just my personal preference if it’s just 1 post you are quoting, I would prefer it outside the spoiler tags so it’s easier for me to actually see what you are responding to
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 168, Dannflor wrote: Dunn is definitely mafia
In post 376, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral why is superfluous' assertion about lurkers like the most interesting thing to you about this game so far

i don't think you're scum for lurking
but i don't understand why you are picking at the things you are picking at
I just don't understand this progression at all.

Dunn had literally only lurked and then talked about Mafia Meta with Ninja.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:52 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 1526, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1520, DarthPunk wrote: Grack now that I explained my Oates read can you please explain your inexplicable gob read.
There's not much behind it beyond what I've said. He seems to just throw out scum reads on people without any concern at all for how his posts may look in the thread.

He may be just giggling in the scum chat like Vivax for all I know. I've just never seen anyone play scum like this before.
So how do we test his thinking at all? Can he just do whatever and face no consequences for it?
Eh actually you're probably right. He should be pressured a lot more. These posts read like one of my attempts at bussing a teammate from 12 years ago. The trust me guys, I know dann just reads so heavily as "I'm on a team with dann and I will be vindicated."
In post 1435, gob wrote: Dannfloor is the mafia btw. I'm pretty sure. I'm not really feeling up to casing him rn.... because idk, i started doordashing to make extra money tbh. Taking up my time and enrgy.

I'm going to go over everything one more time before EoD though.
In post 1436, gob wrote: VOTE: Dannfloor

Ninja, Oatmasters. Hop on this to pressure Dann. Trust me on this one, i know dann.
In post 1454, gob wrote: I legit cannot remember why I thought dannfloor was scummy... I had a good reason why he was the right vote at work but i forgot it.

so im switching gears.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1533, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 168, Dannflor wrote: Dunn is definitely mafia
In post 376, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral why is superfluous' assertion about lurkers like the most interesting thing to you about this game so far

i don't think you're scum for lurking
but i don't understand why you are picking at the things you are picking at
I just don't understand this progression at all.

Dunn had literally only lurked and then talked about Mafia Meta with Ninja.
Apparently people on this site don’t actually say what they mean half the timr
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1079, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1007, Oatsmaster wrote: Im still really stuck on dann's very very quick reversal from ninja to dp so hed be the 3rd name I throw in there
I don't really know why you are stuck on this or exactly what you think I gain as scum unless I'm partnered with exactly Ninja.

The fact is that the very very quick reversals even after writing huge cases is something I can point to in any of my games and I'm happy to link them to you if that's a huge sticking point. I'm self meta casing here, but I would probably wager that type of reversal and read fluidity happens way more often in my town games than in my scum games.

It's largely a factor of my playstyle and the fact that I'm a pretty indecisive person at heart and I want to be as accurate as possible
In post 1456, Dannflor wrote: It is honestly very hard for me to tell this game what pings I should be listening to because they are genuine scum tells and what is just severely grating playstyle differences. I think it's contributing to a lot of my lack of conviction this game

Is lack of conviction a playstyle or a result of the playstyle differences?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1536, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1079, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1007, Oatsmaster wrote: Im still really stuck on dann's very very quick reversal from ninja to dp so hed be the 3rd name I throw in there
I don't really know why you are stuck on this or exactly what you think I gain as scum unless I'm partnered with exactly Ninja.

The fact is that the very very quick reversals even after writing huge cases is something I can point to in any of my games and I'm happy to link them to you if that's a huge sticking point. I'm self meta casing here, but I would probably wager that type of reversal and read fluidity happens way more often in my town games than in my scum games.

It's largely a factor of my playstyle and the fact that I'm a pretty indecisive person at heart and I want to be as accurate as possible
In post 1456, Dannflor wrote: It is honestly very hard for me to tell this game what pings I should be listening to because they are genuine scum tells and what is just severely grating playstyle differences. I think it's contributing to a lot of my lack of conviction this game

Is lack of conviction a playstyle or a result of the playstyle differences?
Spoiler, its just excuses.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1268, Dannflor wrote:
In post 558, DarthPunk wrote: Literally nothing in this case makes me mafia.
I also keep returning to this response to my initial push on DP.

DarthPunk's response isn't to try and figure out whether I'm "bad town" pushing him or mafia pushing him. Instead his initial inclination is to focus on how the case doesn't make him mafia. Again, I don't think a town player's inclination here is to try and debunk the case point by point.

DP spends doing pretty much exactly that

And then he follows up with to ensure that everyone knows that the quality of my case is bad.

He's focused on the quality of my case, not my alignment. I really don't think this guy has been or is still trying to figure out what my alignment is, or anyone's alignment for that matter

Here, I can see exactly where Dann is coming from, but I'm not sold on this meaning that Darth Punk is scum.

I feel like eventually the reasons for the scumread are always going to come out in the wash, which could explain the initial lack of questioning/curiosity on Darth's part. I feel like Darth has been pretty fair in his reading of my slot anyway, and not like he's trying to frame me.

I really like Dann's reaction test in voting Dann and not initially explaining his read, though. Once again, Dann is clearly Town this game.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1534, Grackaroni wrote:

Eh actually you're probably right. He should be pressured a lot more. These posts read like one of my attempts at bussing a teammate from 12 years ago. The trust me guys, I know dann just reads so heavily as "I'm on a team with dann and I will be vindicated."
In post 1435, gob wrote: Dannfloor is the mafia btw. I'm pretty sure. I'm not really feeling up to casing him rn.... because idk, i started doordashing to make extra money tbh. Taking up my time and enrgy.

Ninja, Oatmasters. Hop on this to pressure Dann. Trust me on this one, i know dann.

so im switching gears.
So why did I have to push you into that position grack? cause it has been clear to me that I have been right this whole time.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

*in voting Darth, I meant.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:58 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 1539, DarthPunk wrote:

so im switching gears.
So why did I have to push you into that position grack? cause it has been clear to me that I have been right this whole time.
One of my first posts was that he wouldn't be mafia from his thread entrance. I haven't been paying close attention to him and you directed my attention towards him.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:00 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1538, Luca Blight wrote:

DarthPunk's response isn't to try and figure out whether I'm "bad town" pushing him or mafia pushing him. Instead his initial inclination is to focus on how the case doesn't make him mafia. Again, I don't think a town player's inclination here is to try and debunk the case point by point.

And then he follows up with to ensure that everyone knows that the quality of my case is bad.

He's focused on the quality of my case, not my alignment. I really don't think this guy has been or is still trying to figure out what my alignment is, or anyone's alignment for that matter

Here, I can see exactly where Dann is coming from, but I'm not sold on this meaning that Darth Punk is scum.

I feel like eventually the reasons for the scumread are always going to come out in the wash, which could explain the initial lack of questioning/curiosity on Darth's part. I feel like Darth has been pretty fair in his reading of my slot anyway, and not like he's trying to frame me.

I really like Dann's reaction test in voting Dann and not initially explaining his read, though. Once again, Dann is clearly Town this game.
Why do you like this?!? Why do you think it is a reaction test?!? why are you not re-evaluating your dann read at all, ever in this game.

Is it like confirmation bias gone wild or not.

At that point in the thread it is obvious he is trying to hitch himself to the love fest between Vivax and OOO.

Why do you not require any evidence for assertions and take them at face value?

Why are you ignoring this:
In post 1321, DarthPunk wrote:

Dann why do you say this now about my response
In post 835, Dannflor wrote: I can see where DP's distaste for my cases come from. There's a sort of "I know I'm right and you're stupid" tone in his reaction to my push on him that I lean towny. I think scum probably would've been attracted to piece-by-piece dismantling my case instead of outright dismissing it
And you said this about it at the time you had read the same posts. how can you hold both these opinions?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1541, Grackaroni wrote:

so im switching gears.
One of my first posts was that he wouldn't be mafia from his thread entrance. I haven't been paying close attention to him and you directed my attention towards him.
I know you said that, but honestly almost every post he makes is jarring in how ??? it is.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1542, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1538, Luca Blight wrote:

Why do you like this?!? Why do you think it is a reaction test?!? why are you not re-evaluating your dann read at all, ever in this game.

Is it like confirmation bias gone wild or not.

At that point in the thread it is obvious he is trying to hitch himself to the love fest between Vivax and OOO.

Why do you not require any evidence for assertions and take them at face value?

Why are you ignoring this:
In post 1321, DarthPunk wrote:

Dann why do you say this now about my response
In post 835, Dannflor wrote: I can see where DP's distaste for my cases come from. There's a sort of "I know I'm right and you're stupid" tone in his reaction to my push on him that I lean towny. I think scum probably would've been attracted to piece-by-piece dismantling my case instead of outright dismissing it
And you said this about it at the time you had read the same posts. how can you hold both these opinions?

First point: Because the reaction test makes Dann look bad/likely to upset you (a pretty confrontational player) and like-minded players coming from your home site, and it was acting off of the hypothesis that you will try to discredit someone rather than try to find the reasons behind the scumread.

As I've said, I disagree with his conclusion, but it's a townie move on Dann's part in my opinion.

Second point (regarding Dann's conflicting quotes): Have you never reconsidered something upon reflection? Certainly both possibilities have entered my mind at various points.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:10 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 1543, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1541, Grackaroni wrote:

so im switching gears.
I know you said that, but honestly almost every post he makes is jarring in how ??? it is.
I wrote him off too quickly because his style is so different.

I'm on board with VOTE: gob. If he knows Dann as well as he says he does then he should be able to remember why he was scum reading him.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:17 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Grack what are you doing cmon
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1312, DarthPunk wrote:
I got completely side tracked by whatever it was that dann was trying to do.

Im going to go back and read the thread

This tonally sounds like you're not necessarily scumreading Dann for what he did?

Why do you think scum!Dann wants to side-track you at this juncture? What does it achieve for him?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:20 pm

Post by Gypyx »

-
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by Gypyx »

-
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”