Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3382, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3380, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3379, Vivax wrote: Ergo Dannflor is mafia, cause he ignores that, votes Oats, but still should rather vote DP if he was town adhering to his stated beliefs.
The gob vote was a distancing attempt.
Do you think dann could fake the introspection and adjustment to his approach with the TL players this game?

I found that really townie to be honest.
Eh I find that pretty nai because it’s a neutral way of observing the game. How we play has nothing to do with our alignment. At least with what he described.
Why can't he just join in with Luca and yell at me and mislim me if he is mafia, Like he definitely could have done that and chose to re-evaluate.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3383, Vivax wrote:
In post 3379, Vivax wrote: Ergo Dannflor is mafia, cause he ignores that, votes Oats, but still should rather vote DP if he was town adhering to his stated beliefs.
Do you think dann could fake the introspection and adjustment to his approach with the TL players this game?

I don't know about that but he should form the two following thoughts:

Are these wagons town on town?
He voted gob previously so clearly he doesn't think that.

If he thought gob was mafia, why vote Oats who was just coming around to vote gob (unless he assumed that was a setup for a bus)?

If Oats isn't bussing he can only be partnered with you, so if he thinks gob is the mafia being wagoned, how can he ever suspect Oats for prepping a vote on him?
I'd like to see dann's response to this.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I'd like to see what grack thinks at this point too.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3400, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3382, Oatsmaster wrote:

Eh I find that pretty nai because it’s a neutral way of observing the game. How we play has nothing to do with our alignment. At least with what he described.
Why can't he just join in with Luca and yell at me and mislim me if he is mafia, Like he definitely could have done that and chose to re-evaluate.
This is a good point
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:09 pm

Post by gob »

In post 3357, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3356, gob wrote:
In post 3353, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2217, gob wrote: I had a sad post written out but i deleted it. Basically i am not feeling like doing anything and tomorrow, i got the DENTIST and then therapy and then i gotta work and i really got a lotta shit to do so i will be not-at-a-computer for the next 36 hours.

Anywho, I know i hVe contributed basically nothing. I am coming out and saying, its nkt happening for 36 hours so do with that what you will.
Idk gob what did you do day 1?
Saying i contributed "basically nothing" is more of a figure of speech because i wanted to do more day 1. But basically I spent day 1 splitting the game into smaller chunks like i always do. I also try to open people up for others to read them. Because i can't read everyone well but i can interact with everyone and create favorable situations.

Anyways im not gonna lie, i feel like the reason I haven't been as engaged in this game is because of you oats, ninja, darthpunk, etc. No offense of course.
Okay that’s fine and all but why did you just act like it was absurd for me to say that your day 1 was bad?
Cause compared to you and most other players i've done about 10x more with half the posts.
In post 3372, Vivax wrote: Had a brain fart there and thought Luca was elsewhere.
At least I can bin the Grack + you scenario now. If he was bussing he would have unbussed by now.

Gob, what do you say?
Should I vote you?
hell no
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by gob »

I'm not really following page 135 and 136
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Okay then. Let's see if this helps

VOTE: gob

E-1
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:15 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

It strikes me that gob really wants to survive more than solve in this game.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by Vivax »

UNVOTE:

I prefer another day where we can discuss both of them at E-2.

Many asleep rn
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:26 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2884, gob wrote: DarthPunk I haven't like their posts as I explained before. I do like their Hu Tao vote today though.
In post 2895, gob wrote:
In post 2892, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2881, gob wrote:
In post 2880, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2878, gob wrote: Wait a second, so Hu Tao basically outted but didn't have a red check?

Why would they do that?
I don’t know gob, why don’t you tell me your best guess
It just doesn't make sense why a cop would out if they dont have a redcheck. There is no reason to out otherwise. The way Hu Tao played day 1 though does make more sense though.
What about if Hu Tao was not a cop?
If hu Tao is town fakeclaiming, then they would claim a redcheck on someone they find scummy, usually. Its possible Hu Tao is running cover though.
If Hu Tao is mafia fakeclaiming, then it also doesnt really make sense since it puts a target on her back unnecessarily.

It's actually not good to talk about this anymore though. And like i said before it doesnt really matter either way at this point.
Why did you like dp's vote in the earlier post but then say that it doesnt make sense for hu tao to be mafia doing what she did in the later post?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:36 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2824, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 2795, DarthPunk wrote: Can anyone explain to me why ht trying to out a counterclaim is something a townie would do?

That’s the second super scummy thing she has done this game , it’s crazy to me how she is just written off as town.
In what world was I trying to out a counterclaim. Why do you always try to twist whatever I'm doing?
I really wanna poke back at this. Is it so unreasonable to view your actions as trying to out a counter claim?
You did seem to clarify that there are often 3 town prs and 2 of them can be investigative so I assume that this is no longer something you think DP is scum for?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2764, Hu Tao wrote: Top town
Dannflor, SuperfluousNinja, outoforder

Townish
Vivax, Grackaroni

Null
DarthPunk, Gob, Naerys

Leaning
Oatsmaster

Scum
Luca Blight

I'd say these are my overall tiers. I could move gob and naerys down if they don't do anything. DP I'm unsure how to read. Idk if scum would just pretty much try to Elim me over every little thing, I think could just be tunneled but unsure.
In post 2765, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 2761, outoforder wrote:
In post 2759, Hu Tao wrote: What am I supposed to gather from gob and naerys when they basically said nothing from my claim
nothing ofc.

but the question is what are you supposed to gather from your (fake)claim?
So far you have gathered nothing afaik?
Nah. I think I got clarified on a few reads like vivax, oats, grack and Luca.

Imo it made Luca way worse for me. But I know you all scumread him heavily yesterday.
In post 3217, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3216, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3215, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I'm caught up. I'm for a DP vote. I'm unsure the vote count right now since it was wrong earlier

If not DP, who are the other two you'd want to lim?
Gob, Oats maybe Luca. I definitely liked Luca more in the catchup than dp for sure though.
Can you explain your read progression from Luca firm mafia to voting to yeet Luca's target?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3410, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2824, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 2795, DarthPunk wrote: Can anyone explain to me why ht trying to out a counterclaim is something a townie would do?

That’s the second super scummy thing she has done this game , it’s crazy to me how she is just written off as town.
In what world was I trying to out a counterclaim. Why do you always try to twist whatever I'm doing?
I really wanna poke back at this. Is it so unreasonable to view your actions as trying to out a counter claim?
You did seem to clarify that there are often 3 town prs and 2 of them can be investigative so I assume that this is no longer something you think DP is scum for?
Yes. But even after saying that, DP still stated he thinks I was trying to out cop. Maybe he missed the post but seems weird
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3411, Oatsmaster wrote:

Townish
Vivax, Grackaroni

Null
DarthPunk, Gob, Naerys

Leaning
Oatsmaster

Scum
Luca Blight

I'd say these are my overall tiers. I could move gob and naerys down if they don't do anything. DP I'm unsure how to read. Idk if scum would just pretty much try to Elim me over every little thing, I think could just be tunneled but unsure.
In post 2759, Hu Tao wrote: What am I supposed to gather from gob and naerys when they basically said nothing from my claim
nothing ofc.

Imo it made Luca way worse for me. But I know you all scumread him heavily yesterday.
In post 3215, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I'm caught up. I'm for a DP vote. I'm unsure the vote count right now since it was wrong earlier

Gob, Oats maybe Luca. I definitely liked Luca more in the catchup than dp for sure though.
Can you explain your read progression from Luca firm mafia to voting to yeet Luca's target?
Luca's catchup and back and forth with dp was better than dp. Which is why I voted dp instead earlier
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

He also explained his reaction which I initially didn't like which I thought was okay
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

I'm more than happy to hammer Gob when the time comes, FYI.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3415, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm more than happy to hammer Gob when the time comes, FYI.
Can you tell me what you thought of my summary of Nearys from a while ago, I see you still have her as mafia and I don't think that is right.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3413, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3411, Oatsmaster wrote:

Townish
Vivax, Grackaroni

Null
DarthPunk, Gob, Naerys

Leaning
Oatsmaster

Scum
Luca Blight

nothing ofc.

Luca's catchup and back and forth with dp was better than dp. Which is why I voted dp instead earlier
Why was it better? What made luca more townie than dp? I need specifics
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3414, Hu Tao wrote: He also explained his reaction which I initially didn't like which I thought was okay
How exactly did his explanation make his initial posting "okay"
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 pm

In post 3416, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3415, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm more than happy to hammer Gob when the time comes, FYI.
Can you tell me what you thought of my summary of Nearys from a while ago, I see you still have her as mafia and I don't think that is right.

Can you quote that summary for me? Or tell me the post number?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

viewtopic.php?p=14086199#p14086199

I don't know how to link to posts.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Got it. I see it now.

Re: the first point about Luca being "defensive" in response to Hu Tao's gambit, that's not entirely accurate. Here's the first thing Luca said after Hu Tao suggested they had a guilty:
In post 2597, Luca Blight wrote: Why are people voting me when Hu Tao said she has a guilty on someone?

I'm going to be busy most of today so won't be around much.

Even though he's referring to himself, the intent here seems to be a lot more about why people are starting a wagon when we anticipate an investigator guilty read later. And that's a totally legitimate question to ask.

As for the stuff about Naerys not knowing everything that happened with Roden, yes, that makes her less likely to be scum. If anything, I would have expected her to talk to her teammates overnight where all the relevant game info would be discussed. But we can't rule out the possibility that she's playing some 4D chess with us and intentionally acting like she has no idea what is going on in order to make us feel this way. But like...I admit that's less likely.

My scum pool is Naerys / Gob / Grack / Oats. Obviously I'm wrong about at least 1 of them. Naerys is the only one of the four voting for someone else in that pool, so based on votes alone, that certainly suggests that she's the one I'm wrong about here.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3421, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Got it. I see it now.

Re: the first point about Luca being "defensive" in response to Hu Tao's gambit, that's not entirely accurate. Here's the first thing Luca said after Hu Tao suggested they had a guilty:
In post 2597, Luca Blight wrote: Why are people voting me when Hu Tao said she has a guilty on someone?

I'm going to be busy most of today so won't be around much.

Even though he's referring to himself, the intent here seems to be a lot more about why people are starting a wagon when we anticipate an investigator guilty read later. And that's a totally legitimate question to ask.

As for the stuff about Naerys not knowing everything that happened with Roden, yes, that makes her less likely to be scum. If anything, I would have expected her to talk to her teammates overnight where all the relevant game info would be discussed. But we can't rule out the possibility that she's playing some 4D chess with us and intentionally acting like she has no idea what is going on in order to make us feel this way. But like...I admit that's less likely.

My scum pool is Naerys / Gob / Grack / Oats. Obviously I'm wrong about at least 1 of them. Naerys is the only one of the four voting for someone else in that pool, so based on votes alone, that certainly suggests that she's the one I'm wrong about here.
Have you iso'd your scum reads?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:17 pm

No. Too tired this evening
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3299, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3285, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3282, Dannflor wrote: gun to head i think luca is town
Do you think the same things that myself and ooo have noticed are untrue? not alignment indicative?
the whole luca contradicted himself by saying ninja's posts reflects his thoughts on the game almost entirely thing does nothing for me

the most compelling points to me were about luca seeming passive and being content with the gamestate and overly reasonably

i'm not really seeing the latter anymore

as i said the former does nothing for me

I'm just a little confused about your read progression on me.

You seemed to predominantly townread me on D1, despite some of the more passive and reasonable behaviour that you mentioned. You say you're not seeing that behaviour anymore, so why do you seem so conflicted in your read on me currently?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”