Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:36 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Vivax (2) :
SuperfluousNinja / Naerys
DarthPunk (1) :
Grackaroni
Grackaroni (1) :
Vivax

Not Voting (3):
Luca Blight / DarthPunk / Hu Tao

With 7 Alive, it takes 4 to secure an execution.

Day Four ends in (expired on 2024-02-27 16:38:49)

Mod Notes.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm feeling increasingly confident that Grack is scum and Darth is town, based on the interactions I referenced earlier. I still think Hu Tao is more likely town as well.

That leaves either Vivax or Naerys as his partner. If I had to guess right now I'd say Vivax, but I need to review his iso in more depth.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:59 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4224, Naerys wrote:
In post 1670, gob wrote: im the mafia and my teammates are Luca and Vivax
:lol: i wish gob actually spewed his team like this...
I think this is legitimately the scum team, and Hu-Tao's already on track for success with voting off me/Vivax/Luca. Mafia will have to kill off Ninja tonight or else she will be forced to re-adjust her reads if she's left in the game. DP will work things out at the end after the flips if he's left in.

Bit disappointed I defended scum throughout the game and at the most inopportune timing. So painful reading through.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So Grack scumreads Darth and is voting him, but when I say I think Darth is town and Grack scum, Grack then conveniently switches it to me being scum with Vivax.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

VOTE: Grackaroni
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4652, Grackaroni wrote:
I think this is legitimately the scum team,
and Hu-Tao's already on track for success with voting off me/Vivax/Luca
. Mafia will have to kill off Ninja tonight or else she will be forced to re-adjust her reads if she's left in the game. DP will work things out at the end after the flips if he's left in.

Bit disappointed I defended scum throughout the game and at the most inopportune timing. So painful reading through.

I just want to highlight how fake this is, when Grack seemingly didn't scumread me until just now (that I've said he's my biggest scumread) and his Darth scumread has vanished into thin air, to the point that he's willing to bet the game on me and Vivax being the scumteam, based on Gob's random shitposting.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:19 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

It's because I re-read some of the exchanges from the early pages.

DP was doing a good job of trying to build pressure on Gob right as I was entering the thread and I pushed him off it.

This post in particular I realized is very likely coming from the perspective of scum looking to defend themselves from town rather than the type of post scum makes while distancing.
In post 408, gob wrote:
In post 405, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 399, gob wrote:
In post 391, DarthPunk wrote: Basically my case on GOB is that he openly stated he was posting for the sake of posting.

That is mafia 101 scummy. What can I say? I am a simple man, I see a scum claim, I vote.
It's a simple turn of phrase. You and Ninja are reading way too much into that.

I find it weird you choose to vote me over Roden though, trying to save Ninja?
It may be a simple turn of phrase but was it true? If so, why were you posting for the sake of posting?

I am not trying to 'save' anyone. I am trying to get the elim correct. I think Ninja also has a good chance of flipping mafia, but I want to elim the person with the
best
chance of flipping mafia.
It wasn't really true. I was really just trying to post to 'charge myself up' so to speak, and also move the topic away from whatever was going on at the time since i deemed it not worthwhile.
For me, that is posting for the sake of posting, cause I am posting to 'charge myself up' when in reality I could go 'charge myself up' doing something else IRL, but i instead chose to post in the thread. So from a certain point of view it was a selfish play since it was purely focused on elevating my play. That is why I described it was the terminology I did.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:22 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4655, Luca Blight wrote:
. Mafia will have to kill off Ninja tonight or else she will be forced to re-adjust her reads if she's left in the game. DP will work things out at the end after the flips if he's left in.

I just want to highlight how fake this is, when Grack seemingly didn't scumread me until just now (that I've said he's my biggest scumread) and his Darth scumread has vanished into thin air, to the point that he's willing to bet the game on me and Vivax being the scumteam, based on Gob's random shitposting.
I'm everyone's biggest scum read, and you made the same post last night, so I really couldn't care less about your re-iteration of it today.

I don't see a scum team without you on it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:23 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4657, Grackaroni wrote:

I'm everyone's biggest scum read, and you made the same post last night, so I really couldn't care less about your re-iteration of it today.

Explain your thought process on that.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:29 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You hadn't posted anything of note in between the two posts, so that's irrelevant and the point stands.

Of course, if you are indeed scum then strategically you have no choice but to now fight back against me. I'm just pointing out the transparent nature of it.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:30 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4658, Luca Blight wrote:

Explain your thought process on that.
You always take the path of least resistance.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

That's weak, and incorrect.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

For example, creating conflict with Darth D1 over my townread on Dann. How is that choosing the path of least resistance? Battling half the tl crew at once, as well?

As for you, parking your vote harmlessly on your buddy for most of D1, path of least resistance indeed.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:42 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I mean... if you want to provoke me into staying up and writing instead of procrastinating I will do it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:48 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You can do what you want, Grack. Hopefully it'll be a little more convincing than
'I don't see a scum team without Luca in it because he has taken the path of least resistance'.

Which doesn't even make sense, as that has nothing to do with associations.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

It seems like you're wondering whether it's worth your while to post something significant when:

- It might be a waste of effort if you get limmed anyway (as town it would still have significance in terms of solving the game, even if you are limmed)

- You have to take care not to give away clues as to who your partner is or isn't.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:59 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Basically any time you identify someone that you think will be a persuasive townie, you try to buddy them.
In post 448, Luca Blight wrote: is an excellent post, I have to say. Dann is pretty obviously town now, in my opinion.
In post 496, Luca Blight wrote: For what it's worth, I feel quite confident about outoforder being town after this exchange.
In post 773, Luca Blight wrote: is brilliant - it reflects my thoughts on the game almost entirely, and offers many insights that I had not yet considered. I've seen scum act far worse than oats this game (perhaps I'm desensitised to rudeness at this point) so I don't necessarily agree that he's town just for being rude, but I generally feel as though his play has been proactive and his pushes haven't lacked conviction. I need to catch up more but will review this slot again.

The read progression on Darth Punk is very natural. I really like the analysis of Dunn and the bit about trying to trap scum into being more active - that puts to rest one of the slight doubts I had after Dann's case highlighted such posts, and I read the passion behind these comments as being sincere. The analysis of Gob and Roden is spot on as well. I was pretty null on Gob before reading this post, but I'm definitely leaning scum on him now following some of the observations made here. I also resonate with the mixed reaction to Vivax - so far I have disagreed or seen flaws in much of what he has said, and yet something about his style of play makes me naturally want to townread him. I will be sure to review Vivax later as well.

Both Dann and Ninja are clear town reads at this point.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So why have you waited until now, that I scumread you, to raise this as such a significant point that I must be scum?

I can show myself doing this in my last game as well. If someone makes a great post, I'll call it for what it is.

Why did I not try and buddy some of the tl players, in that case? That would have been far better, strategically speaking.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Here I do the same thing in my last game, calling a brilliant post for what it is: viewtopic.php?p=14072524#p14072524
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 796, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 568, DarthPunk wrote:
Now the real question is, why does it seem like you are operating with an agenda, you write cases that are worse than you present them as, with a level of confidence that is not commesurate to the 'evidence' you are presenting.

It smacks of holding an agenda tbh. Are you trying to wrest thread control from the active players? Or are you mafia?

This doesn't sit well with me.

First, I think Dann's case on Ninja was very well-considered, and you showed signs of agreeing with it yourself. Therefore, it feels as though you're riding on Ninja's line of defence, regarding Dann making bad cases, to dismiss the case out of hand. You're also not considering that when Dann was presented with a valid reason to change his read, he did so and clearly displayed his thought-process in doing so, so it's not like he has undue confidence in his cases, as if he did then he would still be voting Ninja.

The last sentence seems like you're trying to sow the seeds of doubt on a player who is, in my opinion, quite clearly town.
In the previous post you call Ninja/Dann clear towns, and then in this post you accuse DP of trying to 'ride to Ninja's defense/dismiss the case out of hand.' This accusation does not make sense - why would scum DP be motivated to dismiss a townie's case against another townie out of hand?

Another attempt to buddy imo masquerading as scumhunting.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

You know Luca I'm not going to bother responding to you like other players get caught up doing.

I'm just going to follow linearly through your ISO.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 988, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 841, Vivax wrote:
In post 839, Dannflor wrote: I feel like a number of people (and people pretty familiar with Vivax?) have said various things along the lines of Vivax seeming different this game or that he seems scummy or that his reads don't make sense - and I'm wondering why no one actually seems to want to vote him
VOTE: Dannflor

You could say that about more people than just me.
I feel like I want to fight you, so that‘s what I am going to do once I get home.

Get your vote off Roden and case me instead at least we‘ll have some action.

I don't like this reaction - I feel as though Dann has been very clear and open with his thought process, and wanting to 'fight him' rather than allow him to pursue Roden (who from town!Vivax's perspective should at least have a chance of being scum) is obviously anti-town and perhaps even a little theatrical, because naturally you wouldn't expect scum to demand someone to vote/case them, but it doesn't feel genuine in this context.
Same idea.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4669, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 796, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 568, DarthPunk wrote:
Now the real question is, why does it seem like you are operating with an agenda, you write cases that are worse than you present them as, with a level of confidence that is not commesurate to the 'evidence' you are presenting.

It smacks of holding an agenda tbh. Are you trying to wrest thread control from the active players? Or are you mafia?

This doesn't sit well with me.

First, I think Dann's case on Ninja was very well-considered, and you showed signs of agreeing with it yourself. Therefore, it feels as though you're riding on Ninja's line of defence, regarding Dann making bad cases, to dismiss the case out of hand. You're also not considering that when Dann was presented with a valid reason to change his read, he did so and clearly displayed his thought-process in doing so, so it's not like he has undue confidence in his cases, as if he did then he would still be voting Ninja.

The last sentence seems like you're trying to sow the seeds of doubt on a player who is, in my opinion, quite clearly town.
In the previous post you call Ninja/Dann clear towns, and then in this post you accuse DP of trying to 'ride to Ninja's defense/dismiss the case out of hand.' This accusation does not make sense - why would scum DP be motivated to dismiss a townie's case against another townie out of hand?

Another attempt to buddy imo masquerading as scumhunting.

You've misunderstood the point, and to be honest it's been quite clear to me that you've not paid proper attention to a lot of the arguments going on this game, which I think you would have if you were town.

Darth was dismissing Dann's case on
him
(Darth) out of hand by riding on Ninja's argument that Dann makes bad cases, even though Darth agreed with some of Dann's case against Ninja. That was my point.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4670, Grackaroni wrote: You know Luca I'm not going to bother responding to you like other players get caught up doing.

I'm just going to follow linearly through your ISO.

Because I'm completely refuting every point you make, and you don't know how to react to it.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
List post where you read everyone as town except the player who played really abrasively and brought a lot of attention to himself.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”