Jahudo
Silver Phoenix
zachattack
Jebus
X

Players that may be god:

pacman
ortolan
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

ortolan wrote:well, in this case it's Jebus' uncharacteristic self-righteousness in comparison ti my knowledge of his meta.
ORLY
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:19 am

Post by ortolan »

yes...
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:55 am

ortolan wrote:yes...
Describe Jebus' meta.

mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 am

Post by mask man »

How do you tell the difference DGB?
When a response is TOO town,
how town is too town? When the player
clearly
is making an effort to seem town, which jebus was doing.
He wasn't just having a normal townie reaction, he was making that statement for the sole purpose of looking town(which a towns member wouldn't do) and if he is scum, to redirect attention at the God claimer(which wasn't really needed because obv attention will be shifted like that, as it was, because we got scum reactions and later looked back at it.). If he toned the "WTF DUN U CLAIM GAWDZ0R" down to a "dude, wtf?" or something, it wouldn't be like this.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:34 am

mask man wrote:How do you tell the difference DGB?
clearly
He wasn't just having a normal townie reaction, he was making that statement for the sole purpose of looking town(which a towns member wouldn't do) and if he is scum, to redirect attention at the God claimer(which wasn't really needed because obv attention will be shifted like that, as it was, because we got scum reactions and later looked back at it.). If he toned the "WTF DUN U CLAIM GAWDZ0R" down to a "dude, wtf?" or something, it wouldn't be like this.
I know that's what you're SAYING, but you're still not explaining how you can tell 'genuine townie' from 'too townie,' in a way that I can use the rule in future games.

Please.

Give us a formula to distinguish 'genuine townie' from 'too townie'

Are you suggesting that if Jebus would have said 'dude wtf' that would have been OK? So what is it? A genuine townie should have used more acronyms? More vernacular? Fewer words? Sounded dumber? Using complete words is too townie and makes you scum?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:36 am

OK enough sarcasm.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jebus was scum, and being bus'ed by maskman and ortolan. The reasons they invoke are way too bogus to come from townies. I smell Greyhound bus exhaust.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 am

Now reading the roles with more care (since we don't have a standard mafia, actually), we have a scum group made up of cult leaders that are trying to protect god.

But knowing what I know from observing scum teams for literally years, I'd say it's money in the bank that the cult leaders have already distanced themselves from god.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:43 am

And I'm seeing, plain as the sun, distancing from Jebus.

unvote, vote: Jebus

SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ortolan wrote:No, I think he is not really town because he is giving a cliched in the extreme "townie" response
How do you distinguish a genuine townie response from a cliché townie response?

How do you distinguish a cliché townie response from an extreme cliché townie response?

How do you distinguish an extreme cliché response made by a townie, from one made by a scumbag?
how town is too town? When the player clearly is making an effort to seem town, which jebus was doing.
Question: Why does this matter? Why are we looking at people acting "too town" and not scummy? Focus people. :shock:
FoS: mask man

Looking back at Jebus' posts, I don't find as much wrong with them as before. Most of them are just clairification posts like "Care to share?", "Please explain this to me." etc. etc. What I don't get that as the starter of the Zakeri wagon, he said it was mostly OMGUS.
So I have to ask the people on the Zakeri wagon: did you have legitimate reasons to vote Zakeri aside from just joining the wagon?
ortolan wrote: Obvscum of what variety? We only want to lynch one out of the seven scum.
Prob cult recruit IMO.
BM wrote:mykonian stop digging your grave and trying to derail the town.
Hrm.....need to look at myko's posts then.
...I'll get back to you about that one. I wouldn't say he's derailing the town, but other than that, I'm not 100% on his reasoning. Nevertheless, your statement is pretty strong without much evidence.
BloodMoney wrote:
I never withdrew my attack on zach.
His initial laziness is still bugging me, because a vote like that might, in better places, be interpreted as opportunistic. And if a connection is implicated from one side why are you implying that I should only suspect one half of the implied pair?
In response, I only have to say that you did.
BloodMoney wrote: Deflecting off Zakeri. Zakeri is a possible God; hell, she's the top nominee for that.
Wait, wait, I'm cult leader, right? Then it makes sense to deflect off God, right? (/endsarcasm) WIFOM arguments are not really arguments, but are "what if..." games that don't help the finding of Godscum.
While throwing around suspicion in normal games makes sense to see reactions, there wasn't only one scum in those games that we are trying to find out of
twenty
. Why the excessive finger-pointing, BloodMoney?
Vote: BloodMoney
(purely as pressure and to unvote Jebus for the time-being)
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:20 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

DrippingGoofball wrote:And I'm seeing, plain as the sun, distancing from Jebus.

No opportunism here.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by mask man »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
clearly
I know that's what you're SAYING, but you're still not explaining how you can tell 'genuine townie' from 'too townie,' in a way that I can use the rule in future games.

Please.

Are you suggesting that if Jebus would have said 'dude wtf' that would have been OK? So what is it? A genuine townie should have used more acronyms? More vernacular? Fewer words? Sounded dumber? Using complete words is too townie and makes you scum?

Town: A simple statement that is not over exaggerated(jebus doesn't have this one, for the most part.). When it is a reaction, it should NOT be looking like an attempt simply to seem like a townie.

Scum: In the statement, there is a very clear and underlined meaning other then itself, and that is to look like a towns person. Townies(for the most part; newbs can change this around) don't need to purposely look town, and do not need even make an effort other then playing to seem town. Unlike jebus who was TRYING to look town with that post,

bottom line it was just a reaction that people don't like because it looks like jebus is TRYING TOO HARD TO SEEM(not being) TOWNIE.

@ SilverPhoenix, please note I was defending Ortolan with a new found power, "Common Logix" and we aren't the only one on jebus for that reason.

Speaking of, this, along with the old stuff...
Vote: Jebus
Show
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ

SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

mask man wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
clearly

Please.

Town: A simple statement that is not over exaggerated(jebus doesn't have this one, for the most part.). When it is a reaction, it should NOT be looking like an attempt simply to seem like a townie.

Scum: In the statement, there is a very clear and underlined meaning other then itself, and that is to look like a towns person. Townies(for the most part; newbs can change this around) don't need to purposely look town, and do not need even make an effort other then playing to seem town. Unlike jebus who was TRYING to look town with that post,

Speaking of, this, along with the old stuff...
Vote: Jebus
/shakes head
You're going to have to be more specific than that if you don't want me screaming Too Townie at you and how your argument is fallacious. Tell me
what
statements were persuasive and I'll be willing to play ball, because right now I don't have a problem with Jebus' statements at all (as I stated in my previous post).
mask man wrote: @ SilverPhoenix, please note I was defending Ortolan with a new found power, "Common Logix" and we aren't the only one on jebus for that reason.
Huh? :?

Seriously, I don't know what you mean by this. I'm questioning people on the
Zakeri
wagon, not the
Jebus
wagon.
[/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:01 pm

SilverPhoenix wrote:/shakes head
You're going to have to be more specific than that if you don't want me screaming Too Townie at you and how your argument is fallacious. Tell me
what
statements were persuasive and I'll be willing to play ball, because right now I don't have a problem with Jebus' statements at all (as I stated in my previous post).
Calm down. It's clear that Jebus is being bus'ed. Jebus' statement was perfectly fine and innocuous. However, his buddies want to distance themselves from Jebus by making totally bogus cases. I'm helping them along with my vote.

mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by mask man »

SilverPhoenix wrote: Seriously, I don't know what you mean by this. I'm questioning people on the
Zakeri
wagon, not the
Jebus
wagon.

Oh, that kinda changes the comment up >_>
You mean Zakeri and not zwet right? I'm getting em mixed up
Show
But one day he said,

Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Jebus »

This wagon on me is total bull.

Zwet
- the one line wonder, as I've said before. Try posting comprehensively in more than one sentence, please.
DGB
- By your own logic, it seems that you, too, are bussing. Your stated reason for voting me and your saying the wagon on me is totally bogus just seem weird when put together.
- I'll hold off on this one for right now.
mask man
- Who says I was trying to look town? I really want to see how this setup will pan out, zwet claiming God obviously ruins that. And aside from that, I'm no newb. Excuse the WIFOM here, but it must be said: I wouldn't do something as stupid as you make it out to be.

Semi-offtopic: I like how the number here fits the number of main scum. 3 CL's, and on God. Heh.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 am

Jebus wrote:
- I'll hold off on this one for right now.
And why is that?

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Jahudo »

Jebus wrote:Frustrated would be correct.
Will say more when I get a good chunk of time.
Do you have the time to go into detail about this?
DrippingGoofball wrote:And pacman continues to lurk. I'm telling you folks. pacman is God. I caught him.
Pacman needs to talk because if he’s not scum he’s proving that scum can hide under the radar.
qwints wrote:unvote, vote Jebus
Qwints’s last 3 posts have been vote changes and no explanation of his own although the last quoted ortolan’s reasons. Apart from that he had 1 post where he actually gave sentences but they were theory and speculation. So far he is looking like opportunistic scum but I’d expect this more from a recruit because it doesn’t show the responsibility of being in charge of your own win condition that keeps you from being a one dimensional player.
mask man wrote: how town is too town? When the player clearly is making an effort to seem town, which jebus was doing.
…which wasn't really needed because obv attention will be shifted like that…
…If he toned the "WTF DUN U CLAIM GAWDZ0R" down to a "dude, wtf?" or something, it wouldn't be like this.
I understand what you are saying about scum wanting to appear townie, but making an effort to be town is only scummy to me if they’re also not playing pro-town. If zwet ends up getting lynched on any day, I think part of the case against him will inevitably be his joking-not-contributing posts. So it is in the interest of the town to not give scum more chances to inflate a zwet case if he’s town. So I still don’t mind his reaction to zwet’s God claim.
SilverPhoenix wrote:So I have to ask the people on the Zakeri wagon: did you have legitimate reasons to vote Zakeri aside from just joining the wagon?
One reason for me was in feeling that he didn’t have a tactic when he switched back to random voting but after he did, he said he had a tactic. I’m still waiting to hear more about this tactic because he’s been quiet about it. His recent inactivity is making my vote feel comfortable.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Calm down. It's clear that Jebus is being bus'ed. Jebus' statement was perfectly fine and innocuous. However, his buddies want to distance themselves from Jebus by making totally bogus cases. I'm helping them along with my vote.
Do you have any reason apart from being distanced to think Jebus is scum?
Bloodmoney
Bloodmoney
Townie
Bloodmoney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Bloodmoney »

DGB is striking me as being too DGB. While I find myself agreeing with her I have a strange feeling concerning her (stranger than usual at least). I'm slightly scared at the idea that DGB might be God.
SP wrote:So I have to ask the people on the Zakeri wagon: did you have legitimate reasons to vote Zakeri aside from just joining the wagon?
I dunno. Would you consider a healthy suspicion of Zakeri being God a legitimate reason? Seriously. The cases have already been made. If you find plotholes, feel free to point them out, but if you're interested in looking at the cases again go dig them up yourself instead of delegating.
SP wrote:
Bloodmoney wrote:
I never withdrew my attack on zach.
His initial laziness is still bugging me, because a vote like that might, in better places, be interpreted as opportunistic. And if a connection is implicated from one side why are you implying that I should only suspect one half of the implied pair?
In response, I only have to say that you did.
QUOTE ME.
SP wrote:Wait, wait, I'm cult leader, right? Then it makes sense to deflect off God, right? (/endsarcasm)
Um yes. Sarcasm or not what you say is correct.
cult leader role pm wrote:You must protect him, or everything is lost.
Your point with the sarcasm tags?
SP wrote:While throwing around suspicion in normal games makes sense to see reactions, there wasn't only one scum in those games that we are trying to find out of twenty. Why the excessive finger-pointing, BloodMoney?
Vote: BloodMoney
(purely as pressure and to unvote Jebus for the time-being)
Why wouldn't you want to see reactions in this particular game? Don't you want the cult leaders accidentally slipping info on who your God is? Of course, the question is rhetorical, considering you are a cult leader.

Also, you realize this vote makes no sense whatsoever, don't you? Even if you had basis for it (which "excessive fingerpointing" isn't), simply by stating the "pressure vote" nature of it you rob it of any purpose it would otherwise have had; because now I know that you wouldn't have the guts to go through with lynching me.
zwetschenwasser wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:And I'm seeing, plain as the sun, distancing from Jebus.

No opportunism here.
:goodposting:
mask man wrote:SilverPhoenix, please note I was defending Ortolan
Oh? Why was that? To the best of my knowledge ortolan has a voice of his own. Need your recruit/leader alive?

I believe I've said this before, but I would like this to be entirely clear: DO NOT PLAY TO AN EXPECTED WIN CONDITION. I see too many people doing just that. In the here and now, every agnostic's duty should be to find God and preferably today, while we're in majority. So move your lazy asses and stop lurking and being scummy already.
"It is not the Russians I fear: it is the Doctor Bluthgelds, the Doctor Bloodmoneys, in our own society, that terrify me."--PKD
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:56 am

Jahudo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Calm down. It's clear that Jebus is being bus'ed. Jebus' statement was perfectly fine and innocuous. However, his buddies want to distance themselves from Jebus by making totally bogus cases. I'm helping them along with my vote.
Do you have any reason apart from being distanced to think Jebus is scum?
NO. Sometimes it's not enough to play a good game if your buddies give you away.

SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:33 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

BloodMoney wrote:Why wouldn't you want to see reactions in this particular game? Don't you want the cult leaders accidentally slipping info on who your God is? Of course, the question is rhetorical, considering you are a cult leader.
You aren't reaction-mining, you are being belligerent. Two very different things. The point is you aren't doing any convincing of your findings, but simply moving on to get angry at others. Which makes me question why you did it in the first place.
BloodMoney wrote: Oh? Why was that? To the best of my knowledge ortolan has a voice of his own. Need your recruit/leader alive?
An honest mixup turned into a cult leader-recruit relationship? One aptitude of belligerent people is finding conflict where there is none. Another is finding connections where there isn't any, as in the case of me and zach.
BloodMoney wrote: QUOTE ME.
BloodMoney wrote:Ok, thank you. You could do that next time without me having to cuss at you.
BloodMoney wrote:Also, you realize this vote makes no sense whatsoever, don't you? Even if you had basis for it (which "excessive fingerpointing" isn't), simply by stating the "pressure vote" nature of it you rob it of any purpose it would otherwise have had; because now I know that you wouldn't have the guts to go through with lynching me.
I'm not making a case against you, I am simply defending myself. You made an accusation way back when and I'm doing my best to convince you otherwise of your faulty logic. I never said you were God/Cult/Scum/whatever and I never said I wanted to lynch you. It has nothing to do with guts because I don't think you are God, but a horribly misguided agnostic. And I don't want to lynch agnostics, but to educate them.

Also, actually stating that you think I don't have the guts to lynch you is a very big mistake on your part, because not only are you belligerent, but you are cocky and think you're invincible. You don't win as town by standing out like that. There is someone like you in every game I play and
almost
every time they make a bad decision with consequences against the town. I'm simply tired of seeing such self-destructive behavior.
[/i]
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 am

Post by mykonian »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SilverPhoenix wrote:/shakes head
what
Calm down. It's clear that Jebus is being bus'ed. Jebus' statement was perfectly fine and innocuous. However, his buddies want to distance themselves from Jebus by making totally bogus cases. I'm helping them along with my vote.
God wouldn't be bussed, would he.

Plus that I agree with mask man. The too towny fallacy is it work here too.
Bloodmoney wrote:DGB is striking me as being too DGB. While I find myself agreeing with her I have a strange feeling concerning her (stranger than usual at least). I'm slightly scared at the idea that DGB might be God.
I don't like this statement. "Hi I'm god, DGB is obvious town, and cought cult leader/attacks town and I want to look town.
I believe I've said this before, but I would like this to be entirely clear: DO NOT PLAY TO AN EXPECTED WIN CONDITION. I see too many people doing just that. In the here and now, every agnostic's duty should be to find God and preferably today, while we're in majority. So move your lazy asses and stop lurking and being scummy already.
I didn't see it, but I agree with this statement.

In short: I don't see where all the action around Jebus comes from. I don't like it. Zwet is suspicious but the way he acts (like a fool) is more like a lightning protector. I see him as culted.

Jebus is town in my eyes, and the way people reacted on him reinforces me in that idea.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:14 pm

mykonian wrote:God wouldn't be bussed, would he.
From experience. He would be bus'ed big time. On day one. Right out of the garage.

zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by zachattack »

If god gets bussed everyone who bussed him would lose. It's an enormous gamble for all the cultists to gang up on god, then get the bandwagon to turn somewhere else before he gets lynched, just so that when they are revealed as cult people will say this guy voted for so and so, so and so can't be god. Especially since the cults don't talk to each other. I think the cults would be more focused on their win condition of getting rid of the other cults, and not worrying about the 1 in 20 chance we could hit god. Unless god is one of the people who has several votes on them already.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

My vote is not bogus. I got a WTF overreaction for my clearly untrue God claim. Jebus is bad.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”