The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Game Status
- OVER

I have made available two zip files for people who want a look at more of the game setup. The first file only contains the role pms. The second file contains every file used for running this game in its entirety, including the notes kept for each set of night actions. These are too numerous to post in the thread, so simply download the zip files if you want to see them.

Role PMs
Complete Game Files

Current DiMeo Family Boss:
Tony Soprano

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($351,690)
Second Highest Earner:
farside22
- ($137,810)
Lowest Earner:
Knight of Cydonia
- ($86,230)

Still looking over one shoulder (3/22):

4. rajrhcpfreak
6. al_kohaulec
7. Locke Lamora II (replacing fuzzylightning)

Didn't hear it coming (19/22):

millar13, Carmine "Little Carmine" Lupertazzi, Jr., Survivor Backup, Lynched Day 1

Locke Lamora, Corrado Soprano, Jr, Demented Townie, Killed Night 1
Kise, Bobby Baccalieri, Jr, Townie, Killed Night 1
hohum, Furio Giunta, Combat Medic, Killed Night 1

elvis_knits, Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina, Serial Killer, Killed Night 2

CJMiller, Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero, Tracker Miller, Lynched Day 3

mneme, Silvio Dante, Investigator, Killed Night 3
Empking, Patsy Parisi, Townie/Potential Miller, Lynched Day 4

No one died Night 4
No one lynched Day 5
Porochaz, Vito Spatafore, Townie, Killed Night 5

inHimshallibe, John "Johnny Sack" Sacramoni, Mafia, Lynched Day 6

DrippingGoofball (replacing ZONEACE), Richard "Richie" Aprile, Sr., Jailkeeper, Killed Night 6
Kise II (replacing MonkeyMan576), Ralph "Ralphie" Cifaretto, Townie, Modkilled Day 7

No one lynched Day 7
Spyrex (replacing tubby216 (replacing SensFan (replacing Sir Tornado))), Christopher Moltisanti, Ambitious Townie, Killed Night 7
MafiaSSK (replacing AshMC1984), Michael "Mikey Grab Bag" Palmice, Townie, Lynched Day 8.
killa seven, Herman "Hesh" Rabkin, Job Cop, Killed Night 8

SSF352, Carlo Gervasi, Mafia, Lynched Day 9

Kairyuu (replacing Gorrad (replacing Tom)), Tony Blundetto, Townie, Killed Night 9

Knight of Cydonia (replacing Drench (replacing Flameaxe)), Artie Bucco, Townie, Lynched Day 10

farside22 (replacing zwetschenwasser), Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr., Hider, Killed Night 10
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Tony: What?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Rumors.
That's all it was, right? Just stupid rumors that someone was moving. There's no way someone would actually challenge Tony Soprano and the rest of his family, not on their own turf. Even the guys in Brooklyn only engaged in border disputes. And yet, the rumors persisted. Someone was trying to stage a coup. Someone was going after Tony himself. Someone was taking people out. Little Paulie and Philly Spoons were already dead, and Benny Fazio hadn't been seen for some time. The coup had to be stopped, and fast. Tony has called the family together to decide this once and for all. We'll all meet in the back of the Bing during the day and figure out who it might be. Since everyone will be present, they won't be able to move on him during the day at least, right? Let's hope so.

Mod: Mastermind of Sin
Co-Mod: zu_faul

This game is based on the TV show "The Sopranos". However, while characters and flavor will be taken from the show, do not expect everything to exactly follow the storyline. For example, some characters will exist who were dead when other characters were introduced to the show.
As such, knowledge of the theme is somewhat useful but not necessary to play in this game.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Rules:

(blantantly stolen and altered from bloojay who stole them from discer who stole them from Werebear who stole them from Meme)

1. Each "Night" phase will last a maximum of
72 hours
. The deadline will be posted. If you need an extension, just tell me, I might need one someday myself. If I post the deadline late, the deadline will be no less than 24 hours from when it is posted. If a deadline is not posted to start the night, please pm me ASAP to get that corrected.

2. "Days" will last no longer than
3 weeks
. If discussion lags, I will impose an earlier deadline. If discussion picks up, the deadline will be rescinded. Aren't I the nice one??? (the correct answer is... NO) If I post the deadline late, the deadline will be no less than 1 week from when it is posted. If a deadline is not posted to start the day, please pm me ASAP to get that corrected.

Votes must be in bold
. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. If you are not counted, you do not exist.

4. There is no rule 4. Muahahaha.

5. Once a player has reached the necessary majority to lynch, the day is over. Unvoting them will not save their life. At deadline, the first player to have reached at least half majority (assuming there is a tie) will constitute a lynch. Otherwise, there will be no lynch. At 4 or less players, deadline rules do not apply. Majority is needed for a lynch.

6. No lynches are allowed, they require the same votes as a lynch.

7. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so. You button your lip, or I button it for you.

8. Once your death scene has been posted, unless you're not dead, you’re dead. You will be told if you're not dead. Once your dead please
DO NOT POST
until the game is over. I will allow one "BAH!" post, as long as it contains no pertinent information.

9. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. No matter what stupid thing you've done. Why can't you just THINK? I mean, come on!

10. Don’t quote any PMs or e-mails from me, lest I kill you.

11. If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. If you miss a deadline, no choice will be made. This usually involves you being very unhappy.

12. If you're going to be gone any amount of time, let everyone know.

13. The mod is god. Any mistakes such as inaccurate vote counts are obviously YOUR mistake. Please point out your mistakes so I can correct them. And if I ask you to eat play-doh, you say "WHAT COLOR, MOD!?". Sacrifices of small woodland animals accepted.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Special Mechanics:

Crews
- The DiMeo crime family is divided into several crews, each with its own Capo (Captain). Each player knows which character (not the player) is currently the captain of their crew. For example, a role pm might contain the following:
Fake Role PM wrote:The captain of your crew is Dr. Jennifer Melfi.
Should the captain of a crew die, someone else within that crew will succeed them as the new Capo. If the crew runs out of members, it will either dissolve or be replaced by a new crew, formed from old members of other crews.

Boss
- The Boss of the DiMeo crime family may be a bit of a sticky situation, as multiple people may claim the throne at times, but who actually holds the power is not in dispute to most of the family. The true Boss will be stated at the beginning of each day.

Jobs
- Each night, players can forego their night choice (whether or not they have one) and instead choose to undertake a job for the family. There will be three jobs available each night, with varying payouts. Profit from a job is split between all players who help to complete that job. The list of players who took a particular job is not public knowledge. Based on a player's position within the organization, they will have to kick up a portion of their profits to their superiors. Each night's available jobs will be posted along with the lynch scene. Jobs that are completed will be announced along with the next day's opening scene. A list of players who completed the jobs will *not* be posted.

Profit
- In addition to profit from jobs, players also earn a base amount of money each night based on their position within the organization. After each night is resolved, players will be notified how much total profit they have made so far. The top two earners as well as the bottom earner will be listed publicly. The rest of the rankings will be unknown.

Highest Earner
- The highest earner in the family has immunity from nightkills as long as they hold that position.

Second-Highest Earner
- In addition to any other actions they take at night, the second-highest earner can choose one person (other than the highest earner), and they will receive 5% of their target's profit from that night. This ability is available for as long as they are the second-highest earner.

Lowest Earner
- The lowest earner takes two votes less to lynch (or 1 vote less if there are 11 or less living players) for as long as they are the lowest earner.

Sample Role PM
- While all role pms were crafted individually, they all may share some similarities. In order to prevent any sort of metagaming that may occur, I will post a sample townie role pm. A sample win condition has been posted along with it. However, please note that not all protown win conditions need be phrased the same. If you are unsure of how to interpret anything in your role pm, please contact me for clarification before making any assumptions. It is likely that any ambiguities are due to flavor reasons rather than anything mechanical.
Sample Role PM wrote:Dr. Jennifer Melfi - You are "Anthony" Soprano's therapist. He has been coming to you for several years, and you are well aware of his status in the New Jersey mob. Despite this, you have continued treating him, and you have developed somewhat of a relationship over time, although it's hard to state its exact nature. Regardless, you would not explicitly wish him harm, and given the choice between Tony and another sociopath controlling the DiMeo family, you would choose to have the violent man you know in charge, rather than the psychotic killer you don't.

Abilities:
- You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the DiMeo crime family have been eliminated.

Please confirm in the game thread.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Role PMs are being sent now. I will post in thread once all PMs have been sent, so please do not contact me about not having a role until after that post has been made. I will unlock the thread for confirms once all role PMs have been sent.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

All Role PMs have been sent. Please confirm in thread. Once at least 18 people have confirmed, I will announce the start of Day 1.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

All players except killa seven have confirmed receiving their roles. Let Day 1 officially begin!

As noted in the opening post, the current Boss of the DiMeo crime family is
Tony Soprano

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #1:

"You don't shit where you eat. And you
really
don't shit where I eat." - Tony Soprano

Empking - (CJMiller, Porochaz, inHimshallibe, AshMC1984, hohum)

millar13 - (MonkeyMan576, al_kohaulec, elvis_knits)
ZONEACE - (millar13)
killa seven - (fuzzylightning)
AshMC1984 - (Kise)
CJMiller - (Sir Tornado)
zwetschenwasser - (Locke Lamora)

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #2:

al_koaulec (4) - ashmc1984, fuzzylightning, zoneace, millar13

Empking (3) - CJmillar, porochaz, hohum
millar13 (3) - Monkeyman576, elvis_knits, rajrhcpfreak
AshMC1984 (1) - kise
CJmillar (1) - SirTornado
zwetschenwasser (1) - Locke Lamora
fuzzylightning (1)- inHimshallibe
zoneace (1) - al_kohaulec
inHimshallibe (1) - Empking

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #3:

al_koaulec (8) - ashmc1984, fuzzylightning, zoneace, millar13, Locke Lamora, inHimshallibe, mneme, CJMiller

millar13 (2) - Monkeyman576, rajrhcpfreak
Kise (2) - hohum, elvis_knits
Empking (1) - porochaz
CJmiller (1) - SirTornado
zoneace (1) - al_kohaulec
zwetschenwasser (1) - Kise

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #4:

al_kohaulec (6) - AshMC1984, fuzzylightning, millar13, Locke Lamora, mneme, CJMiller

millar13 (4) - MonkeyMan576, rajrhcpfreak, Porochaz, SSF352
Kise (1) - elvis_knits
CJmiller (1) - Sir Tornado
ZONEACE (1) - al_kohaulec
zwetschenwasser (1) - Kise
hohum (1) - ZONEACE

Prodding Flameaxe, fuzzylightning, zwetschenwasser, CJMiller, MonkeyMan576, Kise, Porochaz, Sir Tornado, Tom, and killa seven. As a side note, millar13 and mneme are on the borderline of being prodded, if they do not post soon.

Finding a replacement for AshMC1984.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

MafiaSSK replaces AshMC1984.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #5:

millar13 (7) - MonkeyMan576, rajrhcpfreak, Porochaz, SSF352, CJMiller elvis_knits, hohum

al_kohaulec (5) - AshMC1984, fuzzylightning, millar13, Locke Lamora, mneme
inHimshallibe (2) - Empking, Kise
CJmiller (1) - Sir Tornado
ZONEACE (1) - al_kohaulec
hohum (1) - ZONEACE

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Flameaxe, fuzzylightning, and Tom have not posted since receiving their prods. As such, they will be replaced ASAP. In order to allow time to find replacements, I will set the deadline for a week from today.

Deadline: Friday, July 31st, 4:00 pm CST (-6 GMT)
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Sorry, I've been out of town this weekend. I will check the votes and finish things up tomorrow afternoon, as I have a quiz to prepare for in the morning.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

It was a long first day of deliberation for the DiMeo family. Tempers flared and discussion swept on until late into the evening. A decision was finally reached several hours after sunset. The mobsters gathered 'round their chosen target, who protested profusely. "You do not want to do this! We're in a fucking stagmire. Someone is playing you for fools, and you think I'm responsible? We are at the precipice of an enormous crossroads, and if you make the wrong choice here, who knows what will happen..." Unmoved, the others moved in on Little Carmine and dragged him into a side room where he was held until a single shot from one of the Capos ended his life.

millar13, Carmine "Little Carmine" Lupertazzi, Jr., Survivor Backup, Lynched Day 1

Before the family left for the night, a few jobs were handed out to be completed:

Job #1
-
Payment: $60,000
Description: Vito Morello, boss of the Lombardo family in New York, has been ordering his soldiers to jack our incoming drug shipments from Canada. We need to take him out, and fast. He spends much of his time at Luciano's, a night club in Manhattan. Find him when he leaves the club and put a couple bullets in his skull. That will stop the Lambardos from messing with us again.

Job #2
-
Payment: $30,000
Description: Vincent Palermo runs a towing business that covers most of North Jersey. He's been having some trouble with the LaRasso outfit who've been stealing his business. Move in and get rid of the competition, and he'll be indebted to us. Start collecting immediately.

Job #3
-
Payment: $45,000
Description: There's a new business in Newark, some sort of outfit selling exercise equipment. We've got a line on that sort of thing coming out of Philly, so go in there and make sure we become their supplier.

Vote Count #6:

millar13 (12) - MonkeyMan576, rajrhcpfreak, Porochaz, SSF352, CJMiller elvis_knits, hohum, ZONEACE, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora, MafiaSSK, zwetschenwasser

CJmiller (3) - Sir Tornado, Kise, millar13
al_kohaulec (2) - fuzzylightning, mneme

With 12 votes, a lynch has been reached.

It is now Night 1. You have 72 hours to send in your night choices. Anyone who can talk to another player at night may do so now. All choices must be received by
9:00 PM CST on Friday, July 31st
. Day will open on Saturday or Sunday, once all choices have been processed.

The night deadline may be extended to allow for replacements. A new deadline will be announced if thathappens.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Drench replaces Flameaxe.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Gorrad replaces Tom.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vito Morello enjoyed Luciano's but tonight was business. Another shipment was coming in tomorrow, and he was arranging to have it diverted to his warehouses. After the arrangements were made, he left the club to see about a horse he was buying to add to his racing stables. Several shots rang out, and Vito's underboss collapsed next to him as he looked down at the blood seeping through his jacket. He looked around, but none of the assailants could be seen before everything went dark.

The night was young, and Corrado Soprano was irritated. He was tired of this damned house arrest, and he was alone. Picking up the phone Junior dialed his right-hand man, Bobby Baccalieri. "Bobby, get over here, I'm tired of being cooped up in this house!", Corrado forced into the phone through his irritation. Bobby's protests could be heard audibly around the room. "Uncle June, you can't leave the house or you'll go back to jail!" Junior wasn't impressed, though. "Bobby, I don't care, just get over here!" Hanging up the phone, he walked back into the living room to watch TV. Unfortunately, he didn't see the figure approaching him from behind. The bat came down on his head swiftly and with lethal force. Corrado lay on the floor alive, but unable to move as he started bleeding out. He could only hope Bobby would arrive in time.

Vincent Palermo was not happy. He had personally driven out to tow a car that had broken down on the interstate, only to find Eugene LaRasso there already, hooking up his own truck. He started to storm out of his car until he noticed a sedan pulling up in front of the LaRasso truck. Two men stepped out and approached Eugene, catching his attention. As he turned inquiringly, one of them grabbed his arms and the other started beating him with a crowbar. A few hits to the knee broke his leg, and they let him go, saying a few words that Vincent couldn't make out. They left him there clutching his knee and unhooked the truck. Leaving the crowbar behind, the approached Vincent's truck and knocked on the door. He rolled down the window cautiously, and the deal he was offered was good enough. He didn't like being beholden to anyone, but they were willing to get rid of the LaRasso's, so that was worth it. Vincent handed over the first payment and pulled up where LaRasso's truck had been moments before.
Business will be good from now on
, he thought to himself with an inward smile.

Furio Giunta was happy in America. It had taken some getting used to, but overall he had become a useful part of the DiMeo family. He was effective as an enforcer and bodyguard, which had quickly gained him Tony Soprano's respect. Still, it was awkward the way he felt about Carmela Soprano. It was bad luck to love the boss's wife, and he had decided to leave the country before Tony killed him or he tried to kill Tony himself. Reaching the airport, he got out of the cab and strode toward the entrance. He didn't even make it halfway there before he was brought to his knees by a knife from the multitude of passersby. The attack found its mark, and Furio had passed before medics could get to the scene.

Mike's Fitness, run by Mikey Lumetto, was a swanky place. They had all sorts of equipment, from full-body exercise machines to a variety of free weights. Mikey was proud of his new business as he closed up after the first week of operation. Turning around from the door, he was approached by a businessman who offered him a deal he couldn't refuse. Huge markdown on a continuous supply of equipment? Mikey didn't care
where
it was coming from, at that price. He agreed to the terms immediately. Business couldn't get better.

Bobby Baccalieri was not one to get annoyed. In fact, he was perhaps the most mild-tempered member of the DiMeo family. That was probably why he resigned himself to taking care of Junior, and he didn't mind it too much. Still, it was dark out already, and he knew Uncle June shouldn't be going anywhere. Bobby got in the car and headed over as fast as he could, not noticing the car that pulled out behind him after he left his house. Stopping at the light about a block from Corrado's house, he saw the car next to him roll down the passenger window on his side. The next thing he saw was the muzzle of a gun in the driver's hand, but he never heard the shot. Bobby Baccalieri was dead, and Corrado's hope of living was gone.

Locke Lamora, Corrado Soprano, Jr, Demented Townie, Killed Night 1
Kise, Bobby Baccalieri, Jr, Townie, Killed Night 1
hohum, Furio Giunta, Combat Medic, Killed Night 1

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Gorrad
($42,080)
Second Highest Earner:
Porochaz
($27,000)
Lowest Earner:
rajrhcpfreak
($3,000)

It is now Day 2. With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. As lowest earner, rajrhcpfreak can be lynched by 8 votes.

Deadline: Monday, August 24th, 7:00 pm CST
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I meant to post this with the death scene, but here are few clarifications on night choices (most of which should be obvious):

1) As with nearly every mafia game (at least most of the ones I have seen), all night choices MUST be sent by PM. They cannot and will not be received in any other manner. This assures accountability and easy access to the choices for both mods. If your choice is not found in a PM to this account, it will not be counted.
2) You may NOT select a job *and* a regular night action in the same night.
3) Night choices MUST be received by the night action deadline. Anything received after that point will not be considered. The only exception is if a question is asked PM that affects your choice and I do not get back to you in a reasonable time frame. I will then PM you asking for your choice within a certain time period (likely 12 hours).

These rules have been in effect the entire game and *were* used when processing Night 1.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Empking, fuzzylightning, and MonkeyMan576 have been prodded.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Searching for replacements for fuzzylightning and MonkeyMan576.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

After reviewing the information available from his previous role, Locke Lamora has been allowed to replace fuzzylightning. He did not have sufficient knowledge of privileged information to upset the balance of the game in any way. However, he has been warned not to make any statement regarding his previous role, at risk of modkill. Anyone who attempts to learn about his past role will also face my wrath. Consider this your warning.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #7:

CJMiller - 4 (elvis_knits, Sir Tornado, MafiaSSK, zwetschenwasser)
zetshenwasser - 4 (ZONEACE, al_kohaulec, rajrhcpfreak, CJMiller)

mneme - 2 (Locke Lamora, inHimshallibe)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline for Day 2 is August 24th.

After reviewing the information available from his previous role, Kise has been allowed to replace MonkeyMan576. He did not have sufficient knowledge of privileged information to upset the balance of the game in any way. However, he has been warned not to make any statement regarding his previous role, at risk of modkill. Anyone who attempts to learn about his past role will also face my wrath. Consider this your warning.

Drench has requested a replacement. Sir Tornado and killa seven will be prodded.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

hohum has volunteered to join the modding team and help out with this game. Please welcome him!
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

magichands replaces Drench.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

SensFan replaces Sir Tornado.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #8:

zetshenwasser - 5 (ZONEACE, al_kohaulec, rajrhcpfreak, CJMiller, Kise)

CJMiller - 3 (elvis_knits, SensFan, MafiaSSK)
Kise - 2 (zwetschenwasser, mneme)
killa seven - 2 (inHimshallibe, Locke Lamora)
ZONEACE - 1 (Empking)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline for Day 2 is August 24th.

al_kohaulec, MafiaSSK, magichands, and Gorrad have been prodded.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

al_kohaulec wrote: Also, there's no specific time on the deadline... I dont have any idea what this means..
Dr. Melfi, First Post wrote:Day 2 Deadline - Monday, August 24th, 7:00 pm CST
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #9:

zwetshenwasser - 5 (ZONEACE, rajrhcpfreak, CJMiller, Kise, elvis_knits)

Kise - 4 (zwetschenwasser, mneme, SSF352, Locke Lamora)
CJMiller - 2 (SensFan, MafiaSSK)
killa seven - 1 (inHimshallibe)
ZONEACE - 1 (Empking)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline for Day 2 is August 24th, 7:00 pm CST.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Game will be updated later tonight, when I get the chance.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

As the second day began, it looked like tempers were going to heat up. No one could agree on a majority victim, and time slowly ran out as the sun went down and evening approached. Finally, enough people banded together against zwetschenwasser, and even though it wasn't a full majority, they moved to kill him. Incredulous, zwet defended himself. "Are you really going to do this to
me
? After all that I've done?" Looking amongst themselves, the others could not help but agree. Despite a few grumbles from the mob, the crowd backed off and let him leave alive, and everyone else dispersed soon after.

Job #1 -

Description: Vincent Deltoral, bookie extraordinaire, has just made the biggest mistake of his life. He placed a bet for one of us, and then ripped us off of the winnings. We've already given him his warnings, and he hasn't paid off. Make sure he pays the final price for crossing us.

Job #2 -

Payment: $25,000
Description: Anthony Carusiello owes us big-time for getting the cops off his back when they started investigating his little scheme to skim money off the top of his business in order to avoid paying taxes on it. However, he's a little behind on payments, so go collect and remind him who he works for now.

Job #3 -

Payment: $35,000
Description: The owner of a local deli, Sal Bellatano, is having problems with a rat infestation. That is, someone is talking to the cops about the illegal gambling that goes on in the back of his place at night. Go find them and warn them of the consequences of continuing their actions. Then collect our fee from Mr. Bellatano.

Vote Count #10:

zwetschenwasser - 9 (ZONEACE, rajrhcpfreak, CJMiller, Kise, elvis_knits, mneme, zwetschenwasser, MafiaSSK, Porochaz)

Kise - 3 (SSF352, Locke Lamora, Empking)
CJMiller - 1 (SensFan)
killa seven - 1 (inHimshallibe)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline for Day 2 was August 24th, 7:00 pm CST.

Deadline has passed, and there has been
No Lynch

It is now Night 2. You have approximately 72 hours to send in your night choices. Anyone who can talk to another player at night may do so now. All choices must be received by 10:00 PM CST on Thursday, August 27th. Day will most likely open on Friday or Saturday, once all choices have been processed.

inHimshallibe and SensFan have been prodded, and I am searching for a replacement for magichands/Drench.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Apologies for the delay, my internet has been down since Wednesday night and just got fixed today. I'll try to work on night choices tonight.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Everyone should have received night resolution pms. If I missed you, please let me know. I will write up the day scene later this evening.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

It had been a bad day for gambling. Of course, that was the way the bookies liked it. The more big losers, the more money Vincent Deltoral would make. Several big spenders had placed high-risk bets and lost it all, and he was looking forward to spending the new income. Driving home in his new Maserati, Vincent was too busy thinking about the new home he would buy to notice the two cars following him. It wasn't until one passed him and suddenly hit their brakes that he noticed he was trapped. Coming to a sudden halt, he fumbled for his gun as the passenger of the front car got out and let off two shots through the windshield, making this the biggest bet Vincent had ever lost.

Sal Bellatano ran a little action on the side, but someone couldn't keep their mouth shut. He planned on cleaning the place out tonight, just to be safe. He was sitting in the back of his place, checking the clip in his gun, when a couple men walked in through the back door. When he heard what they had to say, he couldn't help but to hand over a cut of the profits. The game would only get bigger, now that he had Soprano's protection.

Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina loved his job. The sound of a bat colliding someone's skull was music to his ears, and his namesake hitting power made him very good at what he did. Strolling down the sidewalk, he was looking forward to picking out his next victim. Unfortunately, no batter is good enough to hit a bullet, and Lou was no exception. He turned the corner and a shot rang out, taking him right in the forehead. Lou's career was over.

Anthony Carusiello thought he had the perfect scam. Rob his own business, and then he'd be able to control the paperwork to make it look like nothing was going wrong. Unfortunately, the cops wised up to his little scheme, and he had gone to Tony Soprano for help. Once the pressure was off, though, Anthony felt he didn't owe them anything further. Oh, how wrong he was, indeed. A few broken ribs later, he knew exactly how much he owed them, and he vowed never to screw them over again.

elvis_knits, Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina, Serial Killer, Killed Night 2

Earning Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora II
($59,190)
Second Highest Earner:
Gorrad
($53,910)
Lowest Earner:
rajrhcpfreak
($8,650)

It is now Day 3. With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. As lowest earner, rajrhcpfreak can be lynched by 7 votes.

Deadline: Wednesday, September 23rd, 8:00 pm CST
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

magichands, Gorrad, and killa seven were prodded earlier today. I will replace them if they do not post by Thursday or Friday. Please have any interested replacements contact me by pm.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Kise wrote: Speaking of the rules (#13) -->
@Melfi: I see it is MY fault that elvis died night 1 instead of night 2 ;)

(totally not a softclaim; read rule 13 to understand)
I have corrected your mistake, Kise. Please try to avoid making further mistakes in the future.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #11:

CJMiller - 5 (inHimshallibe, MafiaSSK, SSF352, Empking, Kise)

Kise - 2 (Empking, mneme)
zwetschenwasser - 1 (CJMiller)
Porochaz - 1 (Locke Lamora)

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. The deadline for Day 3 is Wednesday, Sept. 23rd at 8 pm CST

Still searching for a replacement for magichands.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Will update lynch scene at some point tomorrow, hopefully. Busy week right now.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Sorry for the delay. As I noted earlier, it's been a busy week. I was hoping my co-mods could help pick up the slack. Anyway, I'm V/LA today, but I should be able to put this to night tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Due to incredibly unforseen complications, night will be delayed until Tuesday. I should have time to take care of it then.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

The day was quick and nasty. "Pussy, we've heard about you, you're a rat!" Alarmed, Sal Bonpensiero backed toward the door with his hands up in protest. "Guys, you've been misinformed. There's no way I would ever inform on Tony!" That did nothing, however, to placate the angry mob. Face with imminent death or worse, Sal pulled out his own gun and shot himself, ending his life before the mob could end it for him.

CJMiller, Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero, Tracker Miller, Lynched Day 3

New jobs were announced before the mob dispersed:

Job #1 -

Payment: $55,000
Description: The guys from down in Miami sent somebody up here to cause trouble for us. He's been talking to the wrong people, and he needs to be stopped...for good. Make sure he doesn't get away.

Job #2 -

Description: Down in Atlantic City there's a Jew named Herman Baar, and I hear he's got a sweet little business proposition for us. Head down there and see what he wants, and make sure we get paid.

Job #3 -

Payment: $40,000
Description: One of the waste disposal outfits up north has been having trouble keeping up with their business. Go "convince" them to consolidate their business with ours. Once we've annexed them, make sure they know who owns the business around here.

Vote Count #12:

CJMiller - 9 (inHimshallibe, MafiaSSK, SSF352, Empking, Kise, rajrhcpfreak, mneme, al_kohaulec, CJMiller)

Kise - 1 (Empking)
Porochaz - 1 (Locke Lamora)

With 9 votes, a lynch has been reached. It is now Night 3. You have 72 hours to send in your night choices. Anyone who can talk to another player at night may do so now. All choices must be received by 3:00 PM CST on Friday, September 25th. Day will open on Saturday or Sunday, once all choices have been processed.

Still searching for a replacement for magichands.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #42) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Jacob Miller knew how to get things done. He was on the lookout for his first target, sitting outside a diner. As he saw him leaving, Jacob started up his car to follow. Turning the corner behind him, he hit the breaks quickly as a car pulled out of the parking lot in front of him. Preoccupied by driving in reverse to create space, he didn't hear the doors shut as two men got out and walked towards him. As he turned around to go forward again, he took two bullets through the skull. Jacob didn't hear a thing.

Silvio Dante closed up after another grueling day, making sure the Bing was cleaned up once everyone left. He locked up the business and got in his car, going out about his evening business. Upon returning home sometime after midnight, he saw a figure in the darkness approaching from the side of his house. Reaching for his gun, he looked up with an expression of recognition as a round of bullets impacted his chest.

mneme, Silvio Dante, Investigator, Killed Night 3

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($105,300)
Second Highest Earner:
Gorrad
- ($73,990)
Lowest Earner:
rajrhcpfreak
- ($12,050)

It is now Day 4. With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. As lowest earner, rajrhcpfreak can be lynched by 6 votes.

Deadline: Sunday, October 18th, 5:00 pm CST
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #43) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Still searching for a replacement for magichands. Please let me know if you find anyone interested in joining the game.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #13:

Empking - 4 (zwetschenwasser, inHimshallibe, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora)

Locke Lamora - 2 (Empking, SSF352)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Now searching for replacements for magichands AND gorrad...also prodded SensFan and killa seven by request.

Don't worry about me dropping the ball on this game, guys. I'm in this for the long haul, things just get a little hectic at times. I'm supposed to have 2 backup/co-mods to help with stuff, but they don't seem to be doing anything anymore. In their absence my schedule makes it hard to get everything done right away, but I'll keep up with this game as much as possible.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Sorry for the delay, my internet has been preventing me from accessing the site since Friday or so. I should be able to take care of this tomorrow night. I have a HW, paper, and exam all due tomorrow, or I'd do it sooner.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Patsy Parisi was never a killer, not really. He was a great soldier for the DiMeo family, but as far as anyone knew, he'd never killed anyone before. Well, that had changed. Something had changed in Patsy due to the murders he'd committed for the family lately, and it showed. The others were suspicious of his new violent nature, and they decided to get rid of him to be safe. Unfortunately for them, their suspicions were merely paranoia. Patsy may have stepped it up a bit, but he was still as loyal as always.

Empking, Patsy Parisi, Townie/Potential Miller, Lynched Day 4

Job #1 -

Description: Down in Atlantic City there's a Jew named Herman Baar, and I hear he's got a sweet little business proposition for us. Head down there and see what he wants, and make sure we get paid.

Job #2 -

Description: One of the waste disposal outfits up north has been having trouble keeping up with their business. Go "convince" them to consolidate their business with ours. Once we've annexed them, make sure they know who owns the business around here.

Job #3 -

Payment: $48,000
Description: Michael Nelson, one of the dirty cops working for us, is trying to go straight. He knows too much, so make sure you straighten him out before he lets anything slip.

Vote Count #14:

Empking - 8 (zwetschenwasser, inHimshallibe, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora, ZONEACE, Kise, Porochaz, MafiaSSK)

Locke Lamora - 2 (Empking, SSF352)

With 8 votes, a lynch has been reached. It is now Night 4. To allow for replacements and my upcoming V/LA, you have an extended 6 days to send in your night choices. Anyone who can talk to another player at night may do so now. All choices must be received by 11:59 PM CST on Sunday, October 18th. Day will open on Monday/Tuesday, once all choices have been processed.

Knight of Cydonia replaces magichands/Drench
Kairyuu replaces Gorrad
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Herman Baar had a pretty good windfall in Atlantic City. As it turned out, some companies just weren't too good at accounting. Trouble was, the money was dirtier than rats in a sewer. Luckily, he knew exactly who to call. Who better than the Sopranos themselves? A few men dropped by to discuss it and settle the cuts.

The news this morning briefly mentioned a generic waste company up north being annexed to a larger corporation based in the city. All they had to say about it was that the details were particularly fuzzy, as the director refused all questions regarding this sudden change in management. Local authorities deemed it not suspicious enough to warrant an investigation. Business, as usual.

Michael Nelson knew he'd have to keep looking over his shoulder once he started snitching. Of course, checking both ways before you pull out of the driveway doesn't help if you don't check under the hood. One bright fireworks display later, Nelson was just another example of the one and only ticket out.

No one died Night 4.

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($141,330)
Second Highest Earner:
Kairyuu
- ($92,140)
Lowest Earner:
rajrhcpfreak
- ($17,250)

It is now Day 5. With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Since rajrhcpfreak is the lowest earner, it takes 6 votes to lynch him.

Day 5 Deadline: Wednesday, November 11th, 4:00 pm CST.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Day scene updated.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #15:

killa seven - 4 (Kairyuu, Porochaz, Knight of Cydonia, SSF352)

al_kohaulec - 2 (Locke Lamora, MafiaSSK)
Porochaz - 1 (Kise)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

SensFan and inHimshallibe will be prodded. I have at least one replacement waiting if they do not pick up their prods in a timely fashion.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #16:

killa seven - 3 (Kairyuu, Porochaz, zwetschenwasser)
al_kohaulec - 3 (Locke Lamora, MafiaSSK, inHimshallibe)
MafiaSSK - 3 (rajrhcpfreak, Kise, SSF352)

tubby216 will be replacing SensFan, as soon as I can get the pm sent.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

SSF352 wrote:
Mod, can I get that vote count double checked?

My vote seems to be missing, and it was missing in the last vote count as well. The first time I assumed someone (obviously NOT the mod, of course) had made a mistake counting. However, I may have somehow lost my vote.
Perhaps you should get your eyes checked. Then you would be less likely to lose your vote. The rest of us see it sitting right there! >.>
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I'm here, and watching the thread, but what exactly do you expect me to do other than give you vote counts and find replacements? I can't make posts for you guys...if you need me to do something and I'm not doing it, shoot me a pm, and I'll do what I can. The rest is in your hands. Making posts complaining about a game instead of making posts where you're actually playing the game doesn't help
anyone
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #17:

MafiaSSK - 5 (rajrhcpfreak, Kise, SSF352, Kairyuu, Knight of Cydonia)

killa seven - 2 (Porochaz, tubby216)
Porochaz - 1 (zwetschenwasser)

Deadline is tomorrow. inHimshallibe and ZONEACE will be prodded. Since it is so close to deadline, I will be prodded Locke Lamora as well, since he was on the cuff.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

By Day 5, the gangsters were getting tired of trying to find out who was after them. When information surfaced that seemed to implicate MafiaSSK, they followed it up. Just as they were about to take care of business, though, he looked them all square in the eye. "Do you really think this is a good enough reason to take me out? I bring in a lot of money for this family, you can't seriously think I'm going against you just off of that!" Compelled by his argument, the others decided to give MafiaSSK a pass. By then it was almost dark, so they left off for the day and went home.

Job #1 -

Payment: $25,000
Description: Frank Gregor at the health office wants to shut down Francesco Battalia's restaurant. That place has been open for years, and it's a staple of the Italian culture around here. Make sure that Mr. Gregor comes to a more profitable conclusion and collect from Battalia afterward.

Job #2 -

Payment: $36,000
Description: Julian Montesca, one of the local prosecutors, has just taken up a case against one of our associates down in Atlantic City. Pay him a visit and make sure he knows how much pain he's causing to our business by pushing this case forward.

Job #3 -

Description: We've got a tipoff that a hit has been put out on Paul Cortino, one of the underbosses from across the river. He likes to come down to Jersey for gambling and recreation. Make sure he stays here.

Vote Count #18:

MafiaSSK - 8 (rajrhcpfreak, Kise, SSF352, Kairyuu, Knight of Cydonia, tubby216, Porochaz, zwetschenwasser)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. With 8 votes, the day has ended and there has been
No Lynch

It is now Night 5. You have approximately 72 hours to send in your night choices. Anyone who can talk to another player at night may do so now. All choices must be received by 10:00 PM CST on Saturday, November 14th. Day will most likely open on Sunday or Monday, once all choices have been processed.

Note: I expect to receive a PM from every player tonight, detailing their choice/lack thereof. Anyone who does not send me a PM at least to say that they are making no choice tonight will be prodded immediately along with Day Start, and they will be replaced if they do not post in the first 48 hours of Day 6.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (isolation #55) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I'd like to apologize for the delayed night. I've been sick this weekend and have a lot of projects due tomorrow. I should be able to get to this tomorrow night or Wednesday at the latest.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Julian Montesca had a promising career, but he just hadn't learned how things worked in Jersey. He was leaving the office after a productive day putting together his newest case, when a car pulled up behind him and two men jumped out with baseball bats. A few swings later and he finally understood what it meant to be "prosecuted".

Vito Spatafore loved to party. The problem was, he loved to party with men. In the mafia, that meant distrust or worse from the rest of the family. And so Vito was very careful to hide his homosexuality from the others. However, some nights he couldn't resist heading out to a New York club. After an especially good night, he left the club to head back to Jersey. Walking down the street, he was pulled into an alley violently. However, the struggle didn't last long as a shot rang out among the New York City bustle. It didn't take long for the city ambience to overcome the silent void left behind.

Paul Cortino had made a lot of money that night. He hopped in his car and revved the motor happily, pulling onto the road to get back on the freeway. Turning off to get gas, he got stuck behind a garbage truck at a green light. Honking his horn angrily, he got out and walked up to the driver of the truck, ready to give him a piece of his mind. Unfortunately, he didn't notice the truck's passenger get out and walk around behind him. Soon, he was added to a new disposal route.

Porochaz, Vito Spatafore, Townie, Killed Night 5

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($175,500)
Second Highest Earner:
Kairyuu
- ($105,350)
Lowest Earner:
rajrhcpfreak
- ($22,450)

It is now Day 6. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Since rajrhcpfreak is the lowest earner, it takes 5 votes to lynch him.

Day 6 Deadline: Friday, December 11th, 5:00 pm CST.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:im here, im not posting until the mod clarifies something with me.
Since you've posted, I assume what you wanted has been clarified. Care to explain?
mod was prodding me. when i thought i had been active. i thought that i had chosen a job but actually the way ive been choosing my jobs, though IM with the mod, has not been counted. i was very confused because previous nights i made my job choice that way and nothing was said. tonight was the first time i was told that i wasnt active and i needed to post. before i was replaced and i wasnt going to get any more warnings.

which i was very surprised because i have posted and have been more active than inhim (38 posts including him posting as kykrew to my 60 posts including this one) but it sounds like im getting more slack for it from players and the mod. but now that the mod has clarified that only personal messages on mafiascum count for night choices. i will obey the rules. just surprised that there was no prod about it sooner and that i wasnt told until after day six started.

but really i dont want to get into it. technically i didnt follow the rules and that was clarified to me.

now back to mafiassk not helping us.
For clarification, inHimshallibe has informed me of his activity situation and will be prodded if the his activity does not unfold as predicted. For the time being he is considered on V/LA, I believe. However, I have been in contact with him and been assured that his activity will resume to normal in the near future.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #58) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #19:

MafiaSSK - 3 (rajrhcpfreak, SSF352, Kise)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

inHimshallibe, kairyuu, and killa seven will be prodded. I am currently seeking replacement for ZONEACE.

Spyrex replaces tubby216.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

This is my last warning to the current players of this game. Any mention of previously played character knowledge or evidence/claims that such is being used to influence the game will result in modkill. The recent actions are under review as to whether or not they will result in a modkill. Players are welcome to privately pm the mods their opinion of the situation, but please refrain from discussing it within the game thread.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (isolation #60) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Kise wrote:Aaaah, come on, Milf- I MEAN, Melfi. I wasn't explicit about it. Please let me stay... me love you long time.
If you would like to make an argument for there not to be a modkill, please pm me privately.

I would also like to note for the record that modkill policy will be enforced in the same way whether or not the person who claims to have information from illegal sources actually has said information. That is the only way to maintain the integrity of the game.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (isolation #61) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Due to finals and the fact that I won't even have time to deal with this game for another week, you have all been given an
extension

The new deadline for Day 6 is
Noon (CST) on Friday, Dec 18th

Merry Christmas.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (isolation #62) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #20:

InHimShallIBe - 6 DrippingGoffball, SpyreX, rajrhcpfreak, Knight of Cydonia, zwetschenwassser, MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK - 1 (SSF352)

Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (isolation #63) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Prodding: Knight of Cydonia; rajrhcpfreak; al_kohaulec; inHimshallibe; Kairyuu; killa seven
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Thread locked by co-mod. I will update the game further as time allows, but don't expect more info until Friday. I will be allowing for an extra long night phase as well, since it is the holidays. Expect the next day to start just after New Year's. I will be issuing prods to all players for both night start and day start.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (isolation #65) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I have a family reunion today, but I should have time tomorrow night to post the lynch scene and take this game to night.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Johnny Sack was a power player in New Jersey as much as he was in New York. Underboss in the Lupertazzi family, he made sure he had his hands in everything going on with their neighbors across the river. Unfortunately for him, that caused a lot of suspicion to come his way over the course of the day. People started to put two and two together, and they got a very convincing four. Fortunately for everyone else, they were right. Johnny Sack was quickly taken care of and the body was dumped so that they right people would get the message.

inHimshallibe, John "Johnny Sack" Sacramoni, Mafia, Lynched Day 6

Job #1 -

Payment: $26,000
Description: There's a new high stakes poker game starting up in the condos downtown, run by Gino Rossi. He needs protection to make sure the cops don't bust him, so drop by and take our cut of the profits. We'll work out the details later.

Job #2 -

Payment: $38,000
Description: Valentino Esposito, a local Jersey cop, has been harrassing some of the girls down at the Bing. Rough him up and make sure he knows to stay away from our employees.

Job #3 -

Payment: $50,000
Description: We've got a problem in one of our construction companies. Servino Colombo, foreman, has started poking his nose into the finances of the build and is turning up our money laundering. Take him out before he reveals it to anyone else.

Vote Count #21:

inHimshallibe - 7 (DrippingGoffball, SpyreX, rajrhcpfreak, Knight of Cydonia, zwetschenwassser, MafiaSSK, Locke Lamora)

MafiaSSK - 1 (SSF352)

It is now Night 6. You have just under 2 weeks to send in your night choices. Prods will be sent out about night choices as soon as jobs are posted. Anyone who can talk to another player at night may do so now. All choices must be received by 11:59 AM CST on Sunday, January 3rd. Day will most likely open on Sunday or Monday, once all choices have been processed.

Note: I expect to receive a PM from every player tonight, detailing their choice/lack thereof. Anyone who does not send me a PM at least to say that they are making no choice tonight will be prodded immediately along with Day Start, and they will be replaced if they do not post in the first 72 hours of Day 7.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (isolation #67) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Gambling is always a touchy business. It's easy to set up a game, but the cops are very careful about watching out for it. That's why Gino Rossi called in the DiMeo family, since he knew they had the connections to make sure he wasn't touched. He made the proper arrangements and was glad to see a couple goons show up for added security on game nights. Gino was looking forward to making a lot of money.

Richie Aprile didn't get enough respect. Just because he'd spent time in jail and had been gone for a while, that was no excuse to be delinquint on payments. So he decided to go collect payments from everyone who owed him money...and that was pretty much everyone. Tonight he was coming back from a successful outing when he received a dose of his own medicine. A shadow jumped him from behind and beat him until he stopped moving, then stooped to take the cash he was carrying. He didn't get up again.

Valentino Esposito had had a little too much to drink tonight. He leered at one of the dancers at Bada Bing, "Why don't you come on back with me, babe?" She ignored him and kept dancing, because she knew he didn't have money to pay for her services. Angry, he grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to him, feeling up her naked body as she protested and attempted to push away. Seeing two shadows behind him, he turned his head and yelled belligerantly, "Whaddya wan-" as a bat came down on his head, knocking him out. He woke up a few miles down the road, bruised and battered. It felt like he had a few broken ribs, too. Valentino knew he'd have to be more careful in the future. "Maybe I should just find a new joint to hang out at," he thought to himself.

Servino Colombo was worried. He had checked and rechecked the books, and none of it made sense. There was no way the records for the company were legit, and he had to tell somebody. That's why he had gone back to the construction site at night to grab the extra paperwork before turning it in to the police tomorrow. Unfortunately for him, he was being followed, however. As he got out of his truck outside the trailer, several figures grabbed him and dragged him into the construction zone, covering his mouth so he couldn't yell out. After hauling him up several stories, they cast him off the top of the building's framework, watching his body crash into the bed of his own truck down below.

DrippingGoofball, Richard "Richie" Aprile, Sr., Jailkeeper, Killed Night 6

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($215,050)
Second Highest Earner:
Kairyuu
- ($132,230)
Lowest Earner:
rajrhcpfreak
- ($37,830)

It is now Day 7. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Since rajrhcpfreak is the lowest earner, it takes 5 votes to lynch him.

Day 7 Deadline: Wednesday, January 27th, 9:00 pm CST.

Since everyone has received a PM to start the day, they will be replaced if they do not post within 72 hours.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Oh yea, I was going to do that, but I forgot.
Kise is deaded.
Role info posted when I get around to it.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

al_kohaulec wrote:
Dr. Melfi wrote:
Since everyone has received a PM to start the day, they will be replaced if they do not post within 72 hours.
I received my PM significantly before the start of day. I logged on and it was still night.
A 3 hour advance notice to the start of day is not "significant".
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Ralph Cifaretto was an up-and-coming star in the Soprano organization. A member of the highest earning crew in the DiMeo family, he had quickly risen to Capo by proving his efficiency to the others. However, his private life was regarded with skepticism by some, as reports had it that he was a masochist. This was largely ignored, however, due to his constantly high income for the family. This morning, though, the rumors became all too real as they found him in his house, belt around his neck, having choked himself to death while masturbating.

Kise II, Ralph "Ralphie" Cifaretto, Townie, Modkilled Day 7

With 10 alive, it still takes 6 to lynch, 5 to lynch rajrhcpfreak.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #22:

SSF352 - 4 (SpyreX, Knight of Cydonia, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora)

zwetschenwasser - 1 (SSF352)

With 10 alive, it still takes 6 to lynch, 5 to lynch rajrhcpfreak.

Deadline is in ~33 hours.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Will post scene later today, hopefully.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (isolation #73) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Busy lately, so I'm going to boil down the essentials that I have so far and fill in the rest later.

Vote Count #23:

SSF352 - 5 (SpyreX, Knight of Cydonia, al_kohaulec, Locke Lamora, Kairyuu)

With 10 alive, it still takes 6 to lynch, 5 to lynch rajrhcpfreak. Deadline has been reached without majority. There has been
no lynch

Job #1 -

Description: We've got a street crew picking up stolen cars for us and repainting them for resale. However, they've been having issues with the cops lately and they are afraid to move any merchandise. Make sure the delivery gets to our used dealership downtown without any problems.

Job #2 -

Description: Steve Imperioli sold us a batch of guns that turned out to be broken down and used, as opposed to the brand-new factory quality guns he promised us. Remind him who we are and break a few bones in the process so he'll think twice next time. Oh, and get the money back while you're at it.

Job #3 -

Payment: $55,000
Description: We had a smuggling deal go south last week. We tried to pull out gracefully, but some upstart by the name of Ralph Patterson is using it as an opportunity to get in good with the dealers by double-crossing us. Show him what it means to go against us. He's already used his second chance.

It is now Night 7. All choices are due by Thursday, February 4th at 7:00 pm.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (isolation #74) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Steve Imperioli was proud of himself. He'd managed to scam the Jersey family and get away clean with a briefcase full of money. He decided to celebrate by treating himself to dinner at a great restaurant he knew about called Vesuvius. The meal was great, but Steve was too engrossed in himself to notice the other patrons, two of whom were watching him very carefully. Muttering to themselves about the stupidity of others, they got up and dragged him out behind the building. A few broken ribs later, Steve realized that he didn't really need that money anymore. He was glad to be rid of the burden.

Christopher Moltisanti was a rising star in the DiMeo hierarchy. As Tony Soprano's nehpew, it was only a matter of time before he took over the family, and he was being trained for the position. Some even said that he was the only made man Tony trusted anymore. However, nothing is as good as it seems. Christopher had a weakness, cocaine. Unfortunately, tonight he was as high as a kite, and he didn't notice the click of the hammer as the man behind him cocked his gun and took aim. The young man never knew what hit him.

Ralph Patterson had made a good impression with his new business partners. They had gladly turned over the merchandise to him when he presented and alternative solution that didn't involve dealing with the Sopranos. Unfortunately for him, that didn't sit well with the man on the receiving end of this insult. Heading toward Clifford's Bluff to meet up with some associates, Ralph suddenly found that his brakes weren't working, and he drove right off the cliff into the gaping waters below.

Spyrex, Christopher Moltisanti, Ambitious Townie, Killed Night 7

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($255,710)
Second Highest Earner:
Kairyuu
- ($153,650)
Lowest Earner:
Knight of Cydonia
- ($54,630)

It is now Day 8. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Since Knight of Cydonia is the lowest earner, it takes 4 votes to lynch him.

Day 8 Deadline: Sunday, February 28th, 12:00 pm (Noon) CST.

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (isolation #75) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I have prodded MafiaSSK and zwetschenwasser. Since zwet did not pick up his Night 7 pm yet, I will begin searching for his replacement right away. If you know anyone who might want to replace, send them my way.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (isolation #76) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #24:

MafiaSSK - 1 (Kairyuu)
SSF352 - 1 (Locke Lamora)

Also, given my upcoming schedule, I'm going to give you a 2-day extension. The new deadline for Day 8 is
Tuesday, March 2nd, at 5:00 PM CST
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (isolation #77) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

farside22 replaces zwetschenwasser. Should have a replacement for MafiaSSK sometime this week, a few people said they'd get back to me about it.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1615 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Will try to handle day scene and k7 replacement this week.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (isolation #79) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Michael Palmice - "Mikey Grab Bag", as he was called - didn't like being disrespected. When he had a beef with someone, he let them know. Hell, the whole neighborhood could tell when Mikey had a problem, cuz he'd step to just about anyone. That's why the others thought he might be involved in this mess. Unfortunately, he was also fiercely loyal, despite his mean streak.

MafiaSSK, Michael "Mikey Grab Bag" Palmice, Townie, Lynched Day 8.

Vote Count #25:

MafiaSSK - 5 (Kairyuu, SSF352, al_kohaulec, rajrhcpfreak, Locke Lamora)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Job #1 -

Description: Jimmy Loretto is looking for a loan to expand his chain of burger joints. He's willing to kick up a few points a month to us, so get down there and make sure that he gets everything he needs. We'll even throw in a few permits into the negotiations.

Job #2 -

Payment: $42,000
Description: One of the local corner store owners has been dealing drugs out of his place. Go down and let this guy Mick Carcetti know we don't appreciate that kind of business on our turf. Put him on the payroll while you're at it, too. Make him realize who's gonna be coming around for payments each month from now on.

Job #3 -

Payment: $48,000
Description: Worse than local outlets, we've got somebody who's been supplying drugs in the area. This needs to stop, now. He goes by the name of Spider, or so we hear. Find him and take him out, so we can cut the head off the snake (or the spider, that is).

It is now Night 8. All choices are due by Tuesday, March 9th at 3:00 pm CST.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Just when Mick Carcetti wanted to close his store for the day, he saw some guys entering. He hates late costumers. Especially when they are carrying baseball bats. And break his bones. But at least he got a new business deal. He was so glad about it, he even paid two months in advance.

Herman "Hesh" Rabkin was a resourceful man. Although his Jewish heritage kept him from becoming a made man, he had all the money and connections of one. As a frequent advisor to Tony Soprano, he was leaving one such meeting when he was assaulted on the sidewalk. The assailants beat him until he stopped moving, and then drove off in his car. Hesh coughed for a while, spitting out blood, but it was too late for help to arrive. Soon, he took his last breath.

Jimmy Loretto was happy to see the men of the DiMeo family. They gave him a loan and additional benefits a bank could never supply. He was very grateful and hopes to expand our well-working relationship at a later time.

Spider was really happy with tonight's earnings. He decided to celebrate, and called several prostitutes to his apartment; he'd provide the cocaine by himself. When the bell rang, he opened eagerly; but instead of being held in the arms of a woman, a huge man grabbed him around the throat. Soon he passed out, and never noticed that he died on the bottom of a river.

killa seven, Herman "Hesh" Rabkin, Job Cop, Killed Night 8

It is now Day 9. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. As the lowest earner, it takes 3 votes to lynch Knight of Cydonia.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Happy Scumday Locke Lamora! To celebrate, I'm giving you $2. You now have $295,592!
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

The Day 9 post has been updated. Thank you for being patient. You can view it here.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (isolation #83) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Locke Lamora wrote:I can test if you want, but wouldn't the mod be taking action against players if they were lying about having spoken to them?
Action is only taken against players if they are caught quoting (or fake-quoting) the mod directly or revealing other information that is not allowed to be shared publicly (such as past Role PM info, if they replaced back in).
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (isolation #84) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

farside22 wrote:
Mod: Can you confirm that your figures for all the nights calculated for all the players show are the correct amounts?
I cannot. The system for calculating player totals is fairly complex, and it's entirely possible that I have made small errors in reporting totals. As best as I can, I will confirm that all mechanics-related results of player totals are accurate, even if the exact number is slightly off.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (isolation #85) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Vote Count #26:

SSF352 - 1(Kairyuu)
Knight of Cydonia - 1(al_kohaulec)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (isolation #86) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

SSF352 wrote:
Mod, can we get a prod on Raj? It's been a week since he's posted.
Done.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (isolation #87) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Sorry, been busy lately, I have an exam today, but I'll try to get things posted tonight or tomorrow.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (isolation #88) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Carlo Gervasi was a man of few words, but he earned his rank in the organization by putting those few words to good use. However, his quietness caused people to doubt his contribution to the cause, and they moved to kill him after much discussion amongst themselves. Fortunately for them, they were right. After his violent response to jokes about his sexuality put him in Tony Soprano's bad graces, Carlo had had enough. He had decided to help take over the DiMeo family, but a few wrong words had cut his bid short.

SSF352, Carlo Gervasi, Mafia, Lynched Day 9

Note: Job descriptions will be added when they are written, sorry for the delay. I have posted partial information below, feel free to wait until they are posted before sending in your choice.

Job #1 -

Payment: $32,000
Description: Looks like our old friend Gio Opedisano is down on smuggling charges. Just so happens he will be appearing before the Honorable Judge Valermo this Thursday. Please gently remind her how much we enjoy financing her election to the bench every four years.

Job #2 -

Description: Mick Carcetti – that local corner store owner – isn't taking the hint. What did you all threaten him with, your ugly mugs? When we deal with those who fail to see the light, we kindly escort them to the light at the end of the tunnel. Do it tonight.

Job #3 -

Description: So I hear that Vinnie McAllister has been complaining about having family problems and asking us to defer his payment this month. I can sympathize – so let's just make sure he has family problems. Take a crowbar to Junior's kneecaps. I don't think he has use for them any longer.

Vote Count #27:

SSF352 - 5 (farside22, Locke Lamora, Kairyuu, rajrhcpfreak, Knight of Cydonia)

Knight of Cydonia - 1 (SSF352)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. With 5 votes, a lynch has been reached. It is now Night 9. You have until 8:00 PM CST on Sunday, April 11th to send in your night choices.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Jobs have been updated. Sorry for the delay.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1800 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I'm sorry things are taking so long, I've been engrossed in organizing an event I'm running all weekend and prepping for my grad school interview on Monday. Once I get clear of things a bit, I'll try to get the game updated.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (isolation #91) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Judge Valermo was sitting in her chambers while the Court was in recess when a knock came on her door. When it opened, she was greeted by a few faces she hadn't wanted to see. Moments later she emerged from her chambers and took her seat to pronounce judgement - not guilty.

Tony Blundetto was leaving the site of his soon-to-open massage parlor when he noticed a figure lurking behind him down the street. Being an intelligent man, he recognized the threat and moved ahead to a dark alley, where he ducked inside and pulled a gun from his pocket. As he heard footsteps approaching, he stepped around the corner and fired, but the man had moved behind a pole, obscuring the shot. As Tony took aim for a second shot, he failed to notice the man behind him fire twice into the back of his head.

Mick Carcetti closed up shop early tonight so he could go gambling. Fortunately for him, he left early enough to miss the fire that took out his store. Unfortunately for Mick, the card game was run by some people who weren't his friends anymore. He got cleaned out by his competition and gutted by the men waiting for him as he left out the back.

Vinnie McAllister had taken his son to see a baseball game. Their team won, and he took the kid out for ice cream afterward. Unfortunately, the ice cream went uneaten when Junior dropped it on the ground as a man took a swing at his leg, breaking it cleanly in one hit. Vinnie made sure to find money for his payments in the future.

Kairyuu, Tony Blundetto, Townie, Killed Night 9

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($351,690)
Second Highest Earner:
farside22
- ($137,810)
Lowest Earner:
Knight of Cydonia
- ($86,230)

It is now Day 10. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Since Knight of Cydonia is the lowest earner, it takes 2 votes to lynch him.

Day 10 Deadline: Wednesday, May 12th, 8:00 pm CST.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1806 (isolation #92) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Artie Bucco was a simple man, once. That is, until his friendship with Tony Soprano got his restaurant burned down and his own attempts at making money on the side ended up with him owning Tony to covering his losses. Still, he was a faithful friend and always trusted in Tony. Unfortunately, others were not so convinced of his loyalty, and Artie ended up cooking his last meal today.

Knight of Cydonia, Artie Bucco, Townie, Lynched Day 10

As day dawned once again on the Bing, Tony Soprano unlocked the back door and walked inside. To his misfortune, he was greeted by a grisly sight. His sometime friend and business associate, Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr., lay dead upon the floor, his throat slit from ear to ear. Above the body stood Eugene Pontecorvo, a low-level member of the DiMeo family. Swearing, Tony reached for his gun but clutched his gut as a shot rang out from the bar. Turning as blood began to spill, Tony saw his old friend Paulie Gualtieri aiming a gun in his direction. "This had to happen, Tony. You should have gone to jail that night. Instead, you got all the power of being the head of the family. It's time we were free from your bad leadership and terrible business practices. This family is mine, now." Tony tried to speak, but he fell to his knees and began bleeding out onto the floor. Eugene and Paulie exchanged glances and left out the back, finally free of Tony Soprano.

farside22, Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr., Hider, Killed Night 10

al_kohaulec, rajrhcpfreak, SSF352, and inHimshallibe, Mafia, Win Day 11

GAME OVER!
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (isolation #93) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

ROLES:

Tony Soprano - Boss Power: Receives results from Silvio (Consigliere)
Christopher Moltisanti - Automatically moves up 1 on the crew ascension list each night
Corrado Soprano, Jr. - One Day 2, must say "He never had the makings of a varsity athlete." at least once. On Day 3, must say this at least once in every 10 posts. On Day 4, increase to every 6 posts. On Day 5 (and after), increase to every 3 posts.
Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero - Tracker Miller
Silvio Dante - Cop
Paulie Gualtieri - Mafia Godfather (immune to investigation from Silvio Dante)
Carlo Gervasi - Mafia
Artie Bucco - Townie
Furio Giunta - Combat Medic (either kill or protect each night)
Robert "Bobby Bacala" Baccalieri, Jr. - Townie
Ralph Cifaretto - Townie
Johnny "Sack" Sacramoni - Mafia
Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr. - Hider (can't hide on subsequent nights)
Carmine "Little Carmine" Lupertazzi, Jr. - Survivor Backup
Tony Blundetto - Townie
Richie Aprile - Jailkeeper
Patsy Parisi - Townie, If he takes a killing job, becomes a miller.
Eugene Pontecorvo - Mafia
Vito Spatafore - Townie
Mikey Palmice - Townie
Herman "Hesh" Rabkin - Job Cop (Told which job the target took, if any, and their profit)
Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina - SK (safe claims: Janice, Jackie Jr.), gains an extra kill for each hammer.

PLAYERS:

1. Knight of Cydonia (replacing Drench (replacing Flameaxe)) - Artie Bucco
2. SSF352 - Carlo Gervasi
3. mneme - Silvio Dante
4. rajrhcpfreak - Eugene Pontecorvo
5. Empking - Patsy Parisi
6. al_kohaulec - Paulie Gualtieri
7. Locke Lamora II (replacing fuzzylightning) - Tony Soprano
8. farside22 (replacing zwetschenwasser) - Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr.
9. millar13 - Carmine "Little Carmine" Lupertazzi, Jr.
10. MafiaSSK (replacing AshMC1984) - Mikey Palmice
11. inHimshallibe - Johnny "Sack" Sacramoni
12. CJMiller - Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero
13. Kise II (replacing MonkeyMan576) - Ralph Cifaretto
14. DrippingGoofball (replacing ZONEACE) - Richie Aprile
15. Kise - Robert "Bobby Bacala" Baccalieri, Jr.
16. Locke Lamora - Corrado Soprano, Jr.
17. elvis_knits - Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina
18. Porochaz - Vito Spatafore
19. SpyreX (replacing tubby216 (replacing SensFan (replacing Sir Tornado))) - Christopher Moltisanti
20. Kairyuu (replacing Gorrad (replacing Tom)) - Tony Blundetto
21. hohum - Furio Giunta
22. killa seven - Herman "Hesh" Rabkin
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (isolation #94) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Special Mechanics:

Capos/Bosses each have one-shot lynch immunity.

Players can forego their night choice and instead choose to undertake a job at night. Profit from a job is split between all players who choose that job.

The highest earner has immunity from nightkills as long as they are the highest earner.

The second-highest earner can choose one person each night, and they will receive 5% of that person's earnings from that night. This lasts for as long as they are the second-highest earner.

The lowest earner takes 2 votes less to lynch (1 vote for 11 or less players) as long as they are the lowest earner.

Richie Aprile takes 10% of a player's overall profit each time he targets them with his ability.

Kidnap Message: While you are out tonight, someone grabs you from behind, putting a black bag over your head. You are taken to a dark apartment, where you are shaken down for money they claim you owe them. The money you are carrying on you is taken, and you are issued a warning to pay back everyone you owe. You are released just before dawn, tired and poorer, but none the worse for the wear.

Hesh Rabkin makes $9,000 base
Lou "Dimaggio" Gallina makes $5,000 base
Artie Bucco makes $3,000 base (20% paid to Tony)
Ralph Cifaretto makes an extra $1,000 base

Killing someone steals 10% of their profit.

Night action resolution order:

1) Roleblocking
2) Jobs/Profit
3) Payment/Theft/Kills
4) Round profits to nearest $10
5) Other Actions
6) Update Family Structure and Payment Structure

Notes:

Patsy Parisi is a miller (as of Night 2)

Mikey Palmice should have been Level 1 by Night 3, so he received the excess $2,000 on Night 4.

If any crew (not family) runs out of members, Paulie becomes Capo and takes a Level 4 person with him (Patsy, Eugene, in that order). Tony is informed that Paulie is a Capo now.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1809 (isolation #95) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

I have made available two zip files for people who want a look at more of the game setup. The first file only contains the role pms. The second file contains every file used for running this game in its entirety, including the notes kept for each set of night actions. These are too numerous to post in the thread, so simply download the zip files if you want to see them.

Role PMs

Complete Game Files

Mod Comments:

ZONEACE's track record as a Jailkeeper was pretty impressive. 2 scum targets in the first four nights, including stopping a night kill.

Locke Lamora had a huge money lead for a long time, mostly because the second-place earner didn't use his bonus every night, and didn't use it on Locke Lamora himself. That would have closed the gap a lot. Also, as the game neared end, Kairyuu should have used it to steal from people who he thought were mafia, so that they might become the lowest earner or at least not catch him.

Kise getting himself modkilled may have swung the game in the mafia's favor, since it gave Alko lynch immunity. (This note was written right after it happened.)

In retrospect, I should have lifted the lowest earner mechanic when we reached 6-7 alive, but it was too late to do it mid-game.

All in all, I think the game was fairly balanced and I want to thank everyone who stuck it out until the end. I have considered running a sequel with improved mechanics, since I will be graduating soon and thus have more time to run the game. We shall see, though.

Special Thanks: zu_faul, korejora, and all those who helped me with modding duties.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1810 (isolation #96) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Here is the initial family and payment structure below.

Payments:

Tony Soprano - none
Corrado Soprano, Jr. - none
Christopher Moltisanti - Tony
Sal "Big Pussy" Bompensiero - Tony
Silvio Dante - Tony
Paulie Gualtieri - Tony
Carlo Gervasi - Tony, Corrado
Artie Bucco - Tony
Ralph Cifaretto - Richie, Tony(2)
Johnny "Sack" Sacramoni - Carmine
Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr. - none
Tony Blundetto - Carlo, Tony
Richie Aprile - none
Patsy Parisi - Silvio, Pussy, Paulie, Tony, Bobby, Christopher, Eugene
Eugene Pontecorvo - Silvio, Pussy, Paulie, Christopher, Johnny Sack, Tony
Vito Spatafore - Ralph, Richie, Tony(2)
Mikey Palmice - Tony
Herman "Hesh" Rabkin - none
Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina - none

1: not a direct payment
2: payment starts when they move up
3: payment stops when they move up

Soprano Crew Ascension Order:
Tony Soprano
Silvio Dante
Paulie Gualtieri
Christopher Moltisanti
Pussy Bonpensiero
Eugene Pontecorvo
Patsy Parisi

Lupertazzi Family Ascension:
Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr.
Johnny Sack
Little Carmine

Aprile Crew Ascension:
Richie Aprile
Ralph Cifaretto
Vito Spatafore

Corrado Crew Ascension:
Mikey Palmice

Gervasi Crew Ascension:
Carlo Gervasi
Tony Blundetto

Gualtieri Crew (Mafia) Ascension:
Paulie Gualtieri (Level 1)
Carlo Gervasi (Level 2)
Johnny "Sack" Sacramoni (Level 3)
Eugene Pontecorvo (Level 4)

Soprano Family Boss Ascension:
Tony Soprano
Richie Aprile
Paulie Gualtieri
Christopher Moltisanti
Silvio Dante
Ralph Cifaretto
Carlo Gervasi
Vito Spatafore
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1812 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Dr. Melfi »

The game was not actually unwinnable for the town until farside used her hiding ability last night, enabling the scum to kill her tonight and win the game. The town could have lynched raj and then alko would have been unable to kill either of them, at which point they could have lynched alko twice and won. Raj and alko were next up for lowest earners, so the town would have been able to quicklynch just as much as the scum. Now, the quicklynch on KoC also ended it, I believe, but until they did that it wasn't quite over.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”