Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Exalt »

Unless of course, I can find scum using uncomplicated matters such as voting for the guy with the name I can't pronounce! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: See what I mean.
Welcome to RVS. You can judge my scumhunting abilities when the game actually gets serious. Til then, I appreciate your concern, but I think you are misguided. Thanks :D
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
muzzz wrote:
Vote: Sho

Because I don't get that Zetta thing.
So zetta stupid. I hope I don't need to dumb down my playing level for you.

Vote Santos
for being the closest person to the number of the circumference of a circle divided by that circles diameter.

That is to say approximately 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884 19716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211 706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111!

Great job!
The pie sign works way better then that huge mass of numbers. Let's also not forget that stupid slang words found in urban dictionary don't equate to actual words. Calling someone dumb for not knowing what your fake word means is ridiculous, and you already "dumped" down your playstyle that way. Thanks.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
itacv2 wrote:
Vote Debonair

You seem quite jumpy as soon as you got some attention to you. I guessthat you have something to hide
Yep, you've completely broken the game wide open with your hilariously simple game view, well done.
You seem awfully upset and defensive over two votes. Is this just your play style or what? I can understand the arrogance if it was a heated debate, but this is not even close to one. Why do you seem so pissed off all the time? Go smoke a cigarette before you post.

anyway,
UNVOTE
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote: Zetta is an SI prefix which is equal to 10 to the 21st power (10^21). Also, the Pi sign is far less expressive than an inexact, long number. As for making jokes on the word "dumb," you may want to use the correct spelling of "pie [sic]" before doing that. I looked into a recently completed game of yours. We're not going to mix well, so just deal with my insanity, and I'll pretend you're root-1.
FrankiePeanuts wrote:it's not about offering yourself to be lynched, it's about not worrying about it if you are the one lynched. This game requires a certain amount of us to die in order for us to find the scum, and as a game where nobody was killed during night 1 we only have what each other is saying to each other as a basis for who seems to be scum. I say we look to the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation. If they be town we have something to work with. If they be scum we still have something to work with. Basically I'm saying this game wont get interesting until we have blood.
Let's be clean here. Surely you can factor things out without the need of blood. Somewhere will be a scummy move, and perhaps scum will become obvious as a result of pressure and bandwagoning. In the mean time, I had rather try an observational approach in the early days, and watch interactions between us, the characters.
I understand what zetta is, but used in the context you put it in does not work unless you are going for the slang term, which is the same as "uber, or super". Saying something is "zeta cool" is the same as saying something is "hella cool". We might understand the meaning, but it doesn't mean it is grammatically correct used in that fashion. Calling someone else dumb because you choose to not be grammatically correct is the same as trying to factor hectopascals.

For everyone else, I saw this in another game I'm in, and Sho is contriving his wording and playstyle based on some type of anime character with the same name. The link can be found here http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Minamimoto I hope he doesn't continue to do it all game, because I think it will become quite annoying later on.

And as far as you looking into a recent game of mine, then you probably realize what my play style is going to be in this game. That being said, I think we are going to annoy each other quite a bit as the game progresses, but I more than welcome the heated debates that I'm sure will follow.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Exalt »

FrankiePeanuts wrote: I'm afraid I'm just having a hard time keeping up with the mathematic talk and all that.
This game seems to be almost identical to Mini 820 that you, Sho, and I are in together. I think I'll sound redundant about him, since the same debate is going on in that game too. I think Sho's play style is going to naturally look scummy, since it seems to be that way crossing over multiple games.

I guess I can repeat what I said in the other game back to here, because it requires a lot less typing and the same thing applies. So here is it:

I'll put it in perspective... If Sho keeps it up I would vote him simply because acting like that is pretty annoying, and it is more detrimental than actually productive to town in terms of analyzing and scum hunting. If I decided to speak a very unknown foreign language in the game, you would probably vote me off too, because you would know that I could speak English and so speaking the foreign language would only be to be unhelpful to town and piss everyone else off. Being detrimental on purpose can only be viewed as scummy, no matter how you look at it. It is that simple.

He is trying to copy an anime character (as pointed out by Tonkatsu in the other game), and while I'm not willing to immediately say he is scummy for it, I do think that it won't be helpful to town and it can BECOME scummy if he does it all game long. At that point it would be purely a distraction from scum hunting, so I'll be on the lookout to see if he keeps doing it.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole. That doesn't make them scummy. Once I find a real reason to vote someone I will do it, trust me :) I don't have hesitations to vote ever, but I would at least like a good reason for it, ya know?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
Exalt wrote:
ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole. That doesn't make them scummy. Once I find a real reason to vote someone I will do it, trust me :) I don't have hesitations to vote ever, but I would at least like a good reason for it, ya know?
So a policy lynch=good reason?
I would like this clarified for future reference.
Point out to me where I have ever said this. A policy lynch is completely different than lynching you, because you are distracting and detrimental to town in every way shape and form where it becomes scummy every time you post. I am willing to go out on a limb at this stage in the game and say you are a terrible player. Maybe this is all just a test to see if the play style works, or maybe this is your actual play style, but I like neither. I can say it reminds me of things I have done in the past (minus the character emulation and the stupid words) and it CAN work, but when it distracts town it fails. Stick to the "piss everyone off" style when you can focus it on one player that you think is scummy to make them slip up. Focusing this play on every person in the game is going to be counter-productive. You have to know what you are doing if you are going to use such an abrasive play style, and I don't think you do.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by Exalt »

Raivann wrote:
Exalt wrote:
I agree with ekiM.
Seems like Exalt is trying too hard w/this post
unvote, Vote: Exalt
Explain how I was trying too hard. I won't disagree with the vote if you CAN explain it, but until then I find it slightly grasping for straws far more than me in the "trying too hard" department.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't think there's any point in placing a random vote then removing it as soon as the RVS is over. I guess this is kind of tangential though and not scummy if this is just your playstyle/opinion.

A policy lynch is a lynch for someone's playstyle. You're floating the idea of lynching Sho for his playstyle. That's a policy lynch. It's not appropriate, because his playstyle can't indicate his alignment as it's invariant from game to game and was picked in advance. We should be looking to lynch scum, not whomever we find obnoxious. Note also that pushing a policy lynch is a common place for scum to hide.

Frankly, I find your making an issue of Sho's playstyle is being far more distracting than Sho's playstyle itself. Do you think you could try dropping it? What do you think about the other players in the game?
Here is my problem with Sho and the problem that keeps occuring out of it. Everyone is assuming I am saying "vote him as a policy lynch" like it is his natural playstyle that makes me upset, but that is not what I meant when I said I would vote him and keep it there if he keeps it up.

I guess what I'm saying is, a player that plays in such an EXTREME scummy state would always be considered scummy, and if we write it off as simple policy lynch for voting him for being so scummy ALL the time, then he mine as well have an immunity card. If all he does is look and act scummy and we just call it his play style than he is free and clear with that blanket statement for any and all scummy things he does during the game. I DO NOT agree with that, and that is what I'm stressing. I don't care about his play style, but I WILL NOT write it off as simply "his play style" if he continues to act so scummy and anti-town all the time throughout the game. That is what I'm saying. Does that make my position more clear? The rest of you can write him off as a play style, but if he keeps up being scummy by using the play style then I am going to call it scummy, not a play style. Hence my disagreement with it being a policy lynch.

As for Sho's question to me on if I agree a policy lynch is good or not, I do not agree, but I also do not view lynching you for being so scummy as a policy lynch either. If we called every scummy player into question and said "oh its just their play style" then everyone would be a policy lynch, and no one would ever have any good reason to vote. I don't know if the rest of the town will continue to view you as just a play style, but I won't go that black and white with you.
ZazieR wrote:Regarding Post 35
Is this scummy to you or not?
The ad hom is noted.
I'm not sure this question was toward me or not. Please say my name first because it is an open ended question. I guess I will explain it though either way. DDD was acting like a complete ass in his arrogance toward other players, and I told him to stop in so many words. I UNVOTED him because he was stacking up I think 3 or 4 votes at the time, and I wasn't about to keep my random vote on him simply because he was being so abrasive and arrogant. I guess some of you think it is scummy for me to remove my vote (Raivann), but I don't view it as such, and frankly I don't care what you think. I won't structure my vote habits around the opinions of players like Raivann simply to make myself look more "town" in his eyes. I unvoted because I don't see DDD as scum at the moment.

ZazieR wrote:
Exalt
, do you think Sho is scummy or not?
Because at some moments I have the impression you do. But at other moments, I don''t get this impression.
I'm very wishy washy on him at the moment. Sometimes I think it is just his play style that is just inherently scummy, while other times I get the feeling that he is doing it with more sinister goals in mind. I really don't know yet, but since I have opinions on both sides of the fence my vote stays for now. Simply put, your impressions of me are correct so far.

I hope that answers the questions put forth toward me. If I missed one, let me know.

@ Debonair Danny DiPietro:
I've noticed you have stayed fairly quiet this whole time, and not since RVS or just recently to joke with ZazieR have you posted anything. I have also noticed nothing has been very substantial, hence it is slightly active lurking. I don't see it as scummy because you are probably just soaking in the information, but now I want to know what your thoughts are. So what are you opinions on the happenings of the game thus far?

@Raivann:
Please answer my question to you on why your single and only post in the entire game is to say that I was trying too hard when I removed my vote. Since it was your only post of the game and since you voted me without explaining it, I'm asking that you do. How was I trying too hard, and in what way did it look scummy enough to deserve a vote.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Exalt »

Also, I want to point this out about Sho so that everyone understands what his play style really is and what it really isn't.

http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Minamimoto That is the link to the character that he is emulating in his play style. He is using the exact words of the character, along with the characters attributes such as "refusing to get along with others."

This is not some advanced play style that Santos wants to admire so well. This guy is just doing it as a way of trolling. As stated in my previous post, I don't want to "policy" lynch him based on him trolling, but I do want everyone to pay very close attention to him all game and sift through his bullshit in every post to find legitimate things.

My question to the rest of town about Sho: If it becomes impossible to distinguish between scummy or play style at any point in the game in regards to Sho, then what are we supposed to do with him? Ignoring possible scum because of his "play style" is a mistake just as much as policy lynching someone because of their "play style".

Since you all attacked me, I want to know what everyone thinks the best solution between that is. Do we lynch a player who is scummy all the time since we cannot figure out what is genuine, or do we ignore a player that could be possible scum all game simply because of his play style? It is a lose-lose situation in both aspects might I add. Now town, tell me what you think.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote: @Exalt: Well please excuse my dear aunt sally...

Your last post actually made you look like a half decent player. However, you did misconstrue my statement. Empking's play style is inherently scummy. You would not lynch him unless that play style makes Empking look like scum. Well, it does. So, you would policy lynch Empking? Dunno. You have answered my question, but you seem to have left out a loop hole. Also, it is Meta that proves Empking is scummy regardless of alignment due to play style. I have none. So, I suppose your answer to the last question would be no, but put me in there, and it would be yes, until my meta builds up.

Okay, I can accept this.
Sho, I will put it this way. I am more than willing to ignore your play style and the disagreements that I may have with it as long as you continue to be cooperative in a manner that can help the town in whatever fashion that may be. My very recent post was made before reading your latest post, and so I will back off of you when I see your posts being responsive instead of purely argumentative over the math aspects of the game. If you are truely scum hunting, then I can have no complaints on your play style, and I will have none.

I have seen empking play, and you are not empking. You are not scummy in the way you put forth arguments, but more so the way you have the ability to distract from scum hunting. As long as I see you as genuinely trying to help town rather than trolling as I did before, then there is nothing for me to say, right? I can accept you just as you accept me then.

Does this answer things a little bit better?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Exalt »

Raivann wrote:No hard evidence, just a hunch.
My explanation was trying too hard, should have said to appear townie.
You also seem overly worried about my vote on you.

I'm sorry for saying I agree w/you ekiM.
It won't happen again.
I don't see how one vote would make me overly worried, but its whatever you wanna think I guess. I didn't realize me asking you a question to get you to produce some type of content other than a quick vote was showing I am worried. Maybe YOU are the one trying too hard to look town now :D :D :D
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Exalt »

Hey, I need to catch up, been a busy last 2 days... I'm still here though, I'll post my thoughts asap
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
Exalt wrote:
Raivann wrote:No hard evidence, just a hunch.
My explanation was trying too hard, should have said to appear townie.
You also seem overly worried about my vote on you.

I'm sorry for saying I agree w/you ekiM.
It won't happen again.
I don't see how one vote would make me overly worried, but its whatever you wanna think I guess. I didn't realize me asking you a question to get you to produce some type of content other than a quick vote was showing I am worried. Maybe YOU are the one trying too hard to look town now :D :D :D
I would like to note that the above is one of those overwhelmingly beautiful moments (outside of mathematics of course) where Exalt looks like a half decent player.
Are you trying to get on my good side Sho? Why do you go out of your way to try to butter me up at this point? Is it because you are being honest/sarcastic or is it because you are trying to avoid further attention from me?

ZazieR wrote:Post 84
Exalt, regarding the first bit about Sho, ekiM had a good comment about it. Can you comment on this quote?:
ekiM wrote:I find people playing with an affected persona obnoxious, but Sho obviously intended to post this way before he got his role PM so I don't see how it can possibly be scummy. I certainly won't support any sort of policy lynch based upon it.
I thought I explained my reasoning already. Reread posts 84, 86, and 87. If I need to explain it further, I will. As far as his comment on not supporting a policy lynch, to me it just seems like his opinion. I never classified Sho originally as a policy lynch, but more so at the time he was looking scummy to me in a few of his posts, but everyone was classifying it simply as his play style. If you haven't noticed, he has changed quite a bit in how he posts, which can be something to look at or not. I'm not sure myself, but he doesn't have the scum feel that he did before. I don't know how to answer this any further really beyond what I already said. Maybe rephrase the question if you want me to clarify better.

ZazieR wrote:
Exalt wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Regarding Post 35
Is this scummy to you or not?
The ad hom is noted.
I'm not sure this question was toward me or not. Please say my name first because it is an open ended question. I guess I will explain it though either way. DDD was acting like a complete ass in his arrogance toward other players, and I told him to stop in so many words. I UNVOTED him because he was stacking up I think 3 or 4 votes at the time, and I wasn't about to keep my random vote on him simply because he was being so abrasive and arrogant. I guess some of you think it is scummy for me to remove my vote (Raivann), but I don't view it as such, and frankly I don't care what you think. I won't structure my vote habits around the opinions of players like Raivann simply to make myself look more "town" in his eyes. I unvoted because I don't see DDD as scum at the moment.
Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was asking if DDD's response was scummy or not. See post 35 to see about which response from DDD I'm talking about as you comment on it in this post.
I think he was very standoffish, but i think its a null tell if anything. I just viewed him as arrogant, which isn't scummy in itself. I wouldn't use this as any type of evidence to prove he was scum if I was building a case on him, if that is what you are asking.
ZazieR wrote:
Exalt wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Exalt
, do you think Sho is scummy or not?
Because at some moments I have the impression you do. But at other moments, I don''t get this impression.
I'm very wishy washy on him at the moment. Sometimes I think it is just his play style that is just inherently scummy, while other times I get the feeling that he is doing it with more sinister goals in mind. I really don't know yet, but since I have opinions on both sides of the fence my vote stays for now. Simply put, your impressions of me are correct so far.
You're saying that Sho might have more sinister goals in mind with this playstyle. So can you explain how this playstyle would help Sho-scum?
And about which vote are you talking? You haven't voted anyone after you unvoted DDD.
The vote comment was a mistake. I had voted Sho in a different game that he is in with me. I don't think I can clarify it any more than that since it might be against the rules.

As far as his play style helping Sho-scum, I think this is common sense. Sho hasn't kept up on his trolling type posts that I originally saw them as though, so it kind of ruins that aspect of it for him and for me having something to base a case on. The way he was doing it before, Sho looked scummy based on his play style, and so everyone said "hes not really scummy, its just his play style that looks that way" which would make him scot free in terms of being accused of anything. At this point though, he has made decent posts that don't look all together scummy, so I think that case is dismissed at this point.

Since I have so many questions regarding this, I'm gonna split it up in to more posts.... there seem to be a lot all on the same issue
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote: Exalt, I think I don't really understand what you're saying. You've said you're not suggesting a policy lynch on Sho for his posting style, but that you
would
vote for him if he kept posting like that. I guess I don't understand the fundamental difference between pushing a policy lynch now, and suggesting you'll push one later. Both are suggesting that someone should be lynched for
the way that they post
rather than
because they are likely to be scum
. I think we should lynch people we think are likely to be scum, and I don't see how someone choosing to post in a certain way (in this and another game) makes it more likely that they are scum.

Do you think Sho posting this way makes him more likely to be scum, or are you saying this style of posting could be so anti-town it should be dealt with by a lynch even if it doesn't make him likely scum, or that it's impossible to determine the scumminess of someone posting that way? Or something else?

In answer to your question, I'm going to be ignoring his way of phrasing things and examining what he actually says and seeing if it is scummy. I don't see why his using "zetta" instead of "very" means that we can't attempt to deduce his alignment in the same way as we would with any other player.
In a lot of ways, my stance on Sho has changed when he changed the way he posts. Before I saw it as trolling and very anti-town, but at this point he has given some legit posts and scum hunted a little bit, so there is less gray area. Because of that, my stance on him is different than it was before. If I vote him now, it is because he is scummy and not because of his "play style" if you want to call it that.

As far as you saying we should not lynch him for the "way he posts", well I disagree, because if he slips up and makes scummy posts, then obviously you cannot call that a play style. If he makes mistakes and looks like scum and does scummy things in his posts, then why are you calling it his play style still? Get what I'm saying here?

You cannot call everything he does and says a play style, because you are just going to give him a free pass. At that point, I would call you scummy for supporting a possible partner because you refuse to scum hunt him based on saying it is his play style.

I think we can see the difference now in his posts that show when he is acting scummy and when he is acting town. Before, he seemed like a huge troll to me, and so there was far more gray area involved.

To everyone: I guess what I'm saying is that Sho clearly has changed his posting into being actually productive instead of just trying to follow a character. Yes, he still says "in character" things like zetta and uses a lot of useless math still, but he makes posts now that have a purpose, which I did not see before I pointed it out to everyone.

As far as my question where I asked what happens if we cannot tell the difference between him being scummy and him just using a play style, it was more a hypothetical than an actual analysis. DDD suggested I was giving up on actually scum hunting him and going for a policy lynch, but that was never the case. I wanted to ask the hypothetical anyway as a way of getting people to realize we cannot just view everything Sho says as a play style. If he is acting scummy, he is acting scummy.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Exalt »

ZazieR wrote:Meta is most of the time a valid argument, but in this case it isn''t. First of all, your sample is one. It would have meant that I was scum in my second game, which I wasn''t. One example doesn''t say much about it in the whole.
Secondly, it''s based upon activity. And activity has multiple factors that have an influence. Difference in allignment can be one, but isn''t the only one.
Actually it takes into account both his completed games. As scum Raivann had ~40 posts in a 20 page game, as town Raivann had ~115 posts in the same time span. And while I agree that this analysis isn't the end all, be all, it's as credible as anything that's been presented this game.
I can agree, but I can also disagree. I am usually a postaholic, and I always attack lurkers, but this game I basically am one to a large extent. I'm in 5 games, and I have summer college finals coming up in a week, so I haven't been as active as I should be.

Basically, if you were to meta me right now, you would see that I usually post nonstop and chime in quite a bit. I haven't done that in all 5 of my games right now, so in essence everyone could say I'm scum because I am not playing like I usually do.

See the point?

I think if we are going to lynch raiv it should be for his post content not his quantity of posts. He has enough scummy things that he has said and backed out of to make a weak case at least without using a one game meta.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Second, that's where Raivann's response or lack thereof comes in. Raivann had the opportunity to explain his change in behavior if there is in fact a legitimate reason. He could've easily mentioned whether he's been busy in IRL or intentionally shifting strategy or some other point. Instead he chose to ignore the points presented and come back with a weak OMGUS vote.
I agree with this part. Raivann has not responded much at all, or provided any real content OR answers to any of the questioned posted to him. This does bother me somewhat.

I am willing to give him time to get things answered, but I do think he SHOULD answer them.

Also

ZazieR:
You tend to post a LOT of questions to a LOT of different players, which is good and fine, except that it kind of draws away from focusing on any one person to scum hunt, and it also makes it harder to find things to ask you. You post almost exclusively questions instead of content on other people's answers in a lot of ways. I'm kind of wondering what the deal is with this. It does look like you are trying VERY hard to scum hunt (or look that way), but I'm not sure what you are receiving out of it.

Care to give a top 2 scumdar analysis? You ask questions of everyone, so I would just like to know if you are getting any answers to help you find scum or if you are just asking questions to look like you are town.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:40 am

Post by Exalt »

ZazieR: Maybe to help clarify the reasoning for the question further... you seem to be all over the place with EVERYONE, and so I would really like to know if this is helping you at all with a suspect list and if you have been able to narrow anything down. At some point, you will need to make a singular case on someone and take a stance.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote:

Exalt, I still don't get you re: Sho.
Nobody
said we should ignore him if he does scummy things. We've said that posting "in character" is not scummy.
Ummm, no... quite a few of you said Sho was not scummy because his play style, and I disagreed. I'll have to go back and find the quotes, but I can find quite a few to support that.

As far as you, why do you continue to bring up Sho even still? I have explained my stance on it and why I changed for the past 3 pages. If you cant figure it out by now then vote me or get over it. I'm honestly tired of talking about his "play style" still with you, but you won't stop bringing it up. Scum buddy much?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote:I was responding to your post 174, silly bear.

And, look:
Exalt wrote:I understand what zetta is, but used in the context you put it in does not work unless you are going for the slang term, which is the same as "uber, or super". Saying something is "zeta cool" is the same as saying something is "hella cool". We might understand the meaning, but it doesn't mean it is grammatically correct used in that fashion. Calling someone else dumb because you choose to not be grammatically correct is the same as trying to factor hectopascals.

For everyone else, I saw this in another game I'm in, and
Sho is contriving his wording and playstyle
based on some type of anime character with the same name. The link can be found here http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Minamimoto
I hope he doesn't continue to do it all game, because I think it will become quite annoying later on.
Exalt wrote:
If Sho keeps it up I would vote him simply because acting like that is pretty annoying
, and it is more detrimental than actually productive to town in terms of analyzing and scum hunting. If I decided to speak a very unknown foreign language in the game, you would probably vote me off too, because you would know that I could speak English and so speaking the foreign language would only be to be unhelpful to town and piss everyone else off. Being detrimental on purpose can only be viewed as scummy, no matter how you look at it. It is that simple.
You were talking about
the style in which he posts
. It is not scummy to say "zetta" instead of "hella". Period.
Did you just refuse to read the entire like 10 wall posts AFTER those 2 specific posts all dedicated to the Sho subject? Are you purposely ignoring it now? How many times do I have to explain the same things over and over again to you until you decide you will read the thread?

Are you telling me that you are not reading the thread now past page 3? Is that what you are saying? That is sure what it looks like to me.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote:Exalt, why are you not voting? Who are your suspects right now?
I'm building a case right now. You'll know my suspects soon enough :)

I refuse to vote until I can build a case on someone. Even if it is a weak one, I will end up building some type of case before I vote. Thanks.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote:Exalt, when you say things like:
Exalt wrote:As far as you saying we should not lynch him for the "way he posts", well I disagree, because if he slips up and makes scummy posts, then obviously you cannot call that a play style. If he makes mistakes and looks like scum and does scummy things in his posts, then why are you calling it his play style still? Get what I'm saying here?

You cannot call everything he does and says a play style, because you are just going to give him a free pass.
... you are putting words into my mouth that I never said.
I didn't say you said it, but it is my stance on the issue with Sho. I changed my stance from wanting to lynch him based on him LOOKING like scum admittedly from his play style, to me looking at him as a player who I can sift through his play style and find content to base a read off of.

That is why I changed my stance on him. I think I can read him now, when compared to before I couldn't. I just noticed there was a catch all phrase being thrown around in "policy lynch" which I don't agree with now, because if Sho does something scummy then he is being scummy not just living up to his play style.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote:Anyway, this is beating a dead horse. Looking forward to those cases!
I'm not. It takes hours to do one properly, and I have to do one for 5 games lol. I have tomorrow off, so I might just stay up tonight and spend far too long in mafia forums doing them. Don't worry, I'll have a case on someone soon though. I just like to make large ones compared to making small cases throughout the game.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
muzzz wrote:Zetta is Sho's way of saying "very".

You do realize that you've basically done a 180 some 24 hours after the facts, right?
Zetta is an SI prefix meaning 10 to the 21st power OR a sextillion.

I will wait for Exalt's large case.
You might have to wait a while. I got home from the bar not that long ago, and its now 5:30 AM my time. I'm off today so I'll have the time to attempt a case anyways. I'll do my best when I find the time hopefully after I get some sleep. Going to bed right now. Hopefully when I wake up, I can find time to do what I intend to do, which is make a case on SOMEONE.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Exalt »

I'm here. Finishing summer finals TOMORROW, and then I am home free and no excuses to lurk any longer. Be patient, its like one more weekend lol.

I'll try to reread and post asap.

*BOOKMARK*
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
Santos wrote:The aggression was there, but I'm backing it off because its a null-tell, IMO.

Why is it unbelievable? It happened. You don't believe it happened or what?
It is an aggression I have never found in mafia games. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I just can't believe a player actually plays with such ferocity. It's zetta awesome.
You've never seen aggression in mafia before? Didn't you tell me in the beginning of the game that you meta gamed me and saw m play style? I am usually completely aggressive at all times... how is this so surprising to you that someone else is doing it? You said it would cause conflict between us, and now you are saying it is really awesome. This seems like a scummy statement to me now that I think about it.

You say that my aggression from previous games is going to cause problems between me and you, but now that someone else does it in THIS game, you agree with it and say it is awesome. HMMMMMM.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Exalt »

Lol. Well Sho I do have to say the vote did pressure a little bit, because it made this game on top of my watched topic list as the most recent post :)

So anyway, I just finished finals, so at this point I should be lurker free. I'm gonna reread (again) and get back into the swing of things.

I'm honestly surprised I didn't get prodded except in one game of mine. Well... the point is, I'm back and shouldn't be lurking any longer.

Vote Count #13

I see your zetta and raise you a yotta!

itacv2 (3) - ekiM, ZazieR, Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) - itacv2, Raivann
Santos (1) - Kise
Exalt (1) - Sho Minamimoto
Toro (1) - muzzz
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Exalt »

OK. I did a long wall post in my other game. I believe I promised one in this one too? I'll get to work on it asap. Those damn things take forever though. Blah.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Exalt »

Toro wrote:So you were avoiding this game before the vote? So to speak?
No, I had a really really busy week with finals for 3 classes. I didn't have much time to post, and being in 5 games made me pick and choose with the time I had how much I posted in each one. I should be over that now though.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Exalt »

Unvote; Vote: Exalt

Till we get the promised analysis.
I'll accept that.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Exalt »

I NEED to catch up... plus I need to do that analysis wall post. This game has been on my backburner for a while... I'll try to focus on this game today when I have time.

@ everyone
: Just wondering... but most of you have been leaving me alone lately regarding the lurking. I have been lurking quite a bit yet no one seems to have taken much notice. Can I ask why?

Also

@ everyone
: I'm going to do analysis post soon. Can everyone please explain their current suspicions of players so far in the game? I want to know where everyone stands before I make a huge post that could influence anything, just in case people decide to backpeddle and state they never had any type of suspicions on certain players.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Thanks Mr. Mod. I think others should join me in voting for Exalt until he actually contributes.
Oh fuck you too :)

You haven't contributed either :)

And I have had to defend myself in 3 other games so far nonstop, which this game I have not... so admittedly I have not focused on this game much. I should probably stop making excuses and just do what I said I would huh? hahaha fine. I'll go back to page 1 and start rereading. Expect my post sometime soon.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Exalt »

itacv2 wrote:Ifg you like to proceed, i claim to be mason, and even when this might end up in scums wanting me dead, i would like to point out that when i suggested that there were no powerroles id did it knowing that i had the only power role available.
If this is an outrageous scum gambit we need a mason counterclaim ASAP.

Furthermore, if he's un-counterclaimed is there any reason for his partner not to claim? The big use of the masons in this setup is basically having them as two confirmed pro-town players. If his partner isn't revealed, itacv2 is the obvious NK and we lose the other masons confirm-ability.

I agree. Masons don't start out alone..... He has a parter.....

So unless a partner claims... it proves itacv2 is lying and we lynch itacv2....

so it would be very advisable for his town to claim at this point
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote:It's getting ridiculous how long you've promised an analysis and not delivered.
Yeah probably... except Meta game me and find out if its a true scum tell. I promised the analysis in 3 seperate games. I got the little "vote exalt because he didn't follow through right away" thing as well from them.

One game I was a townie, the other game I was a cop. Go ahead and meta.

If you don't meta, I would assume you are too lazy to even try or care, OR you are scum for voting me based on an analysis post that I didn't bring up yet. That isn't a scum tell, sorry.

But keep "pressure" voting me if you like, because frankly I don't give a shit right now. I'll do things on my own time when I feel like doing them. If you don't agree go ahead and lynch me, but if you are town I would say its the wrong thing to do.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Exalt »

itacv2 wrote:I just gave mafia an easy target for tonights lynch, so i suggest that my partner shut the hell up, He can claim if he like but that way things look i might end up dead and he will end up regular townie anyways since he would have noone to talk at night.

For me, i wont reveal my partners identity, until he tell me to, or become absolutle necesary.
Considering masons are basically useless roles that are only good for knowing each other is town... I would say it is in both of your best interests to claim.

You are going to be lynched without it, and then your partner will not be able to be cleared either.

Listen to this Itav:

If you and your partner claim, and one of you were to be NK'd, the other person is considered a cleared townie 100%. If you both don't claim, then you will end up being lynched, and then your partner would never be able to clear himself.

Thinking logically, it is towns best interest and your own to both claim at this point.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Exalt »

ZazieR wrote:I don't get you
I'll accept a single vote or two, but a bandwagon based on me not having my analysis case yet due to time constraints and overall me being lazy is kind of ridiculous.

If they are pressure votes, then let them be pressure votes... but a bandwagon of "pressure votes" defeats the purpose. If I got lynched because everyone wanted to "pressure" me then it is kind of scummy don't you think?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Exalt »

ZazieR wrote:
Exalt wrote:If you and your partner claim, and one of you were to be NK'd, the other person is considered a cleared townie 100%. If you both don't claim, then you will end up being lynched, and then your partner would never be able to clear himself.
Not entirely true.
I believe it would be smarter for the two masons to claim rather than hide and let one of their fellow masons possibly get lynched as a fake claim. I do believe in that.

You said he should claim as well... so I'm wondering why you disagree?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Exalt »

Also:

Whens the deadline on this game? I looked back on page 1 and noticed quite a few players are V/LA til like the 14th. Someone said we had a week deadline.. but I never found the mod post that said that...

If we only had a week to go, then people will be V/LA past the deadline... that is pretty stupid to not have a deadline extension if people are going to be away for it.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: We are not going to lynch itacv2 unless someone counterclaims, period. To suggest otherwise represents a huge disconnect from reality.
You might want to figure out what masons are first. There is almost never just one mason unless he is a recruiter... which he didn't claim.

He claimed to be a mason, and said he had a partner. I believe it would be smarter for his partner to also claim so that we have two confirmed townies. Even if one got NK'd, it would only confirm the other one even more. If we have masons then we also have a doc most likely, and I would assume the doc could also focus on one of them at night... thus scum have only a 50/50 shot of NKing them if they chose to take out either one of the confirmed townies.

His partner claiming would be the very best case scenerio for town... since two confirms would dwindle the mafia list down on day 1.

That is assuming he isn't mafia claiming mason right now... and assuming his partner isn't made up. That being said... even if he was mafia claiming mason and another mafia claimed mason as well, them surviving til a late lylo situation would only help town decide that they are both mafia if everyone mass claimed.

If you think about the possible good that it could do compared to the bad... I think it far outweighs the bad and they should claim.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Exalt »

ZazieR wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:
Oh, and I almost forgot. Deadline is August 13th.
ok... august 13th... and we have players V/LA til the 14th.

MOD:
Can we have an extra couple days extension due to the V/LAs?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:We are not going to lynch itacv2 unless someone counterclaims, period. To suggest otherwise represents a huge disconnect from reality.
Also, might I add that he said he had a PARTNER. They could confirm each other. If there is no partner, then he is obviously lying and is scum.

I wouldn't expect a CC situation in this case anyway, because he is either lying about having a partner, or he isn't. We wouldn't need a CC... all we need is the partner to also claim.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Exalt »

ZazieR wrote:Don't want to comment until itacv2 has claimed. But he's not the lynch for today.
He did claim... so we need his partner to confirm it. If his partner that he claimed he had does not confirm, then he is mafia since he was lying.

It is simple stuff here people. Either you get 2 confirmed townies or you get scum.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: You're overthinking this so hard it's not even funny.

Fact: There are a pair of town masons in this game.
Fact: Itacv2 has claimed mason.
...1) Someone counterclaims mason, we lynch Itacv2
.......A) Itacv2 flips scum, yay scum is dead.
.......B) Itacv2 flips town, we lynch whoever counterclaimed the next day, yay scum is dead.
...2) No one counterclaims mason.
.......A) Itacv2's partner claims, we lynch someone besides those two.
.......B) Itacv2's partner doesn't claim, this is dumb and sub-optimum strategy, but we still don't lynch confirmed town Itacv2.

It's a very simple syllogism.
Actually, its my own fault for not reading backup on page 1, because I didn't realize the setup was already given. That's my fault being in so many games and not paying attention.... blah

ok, I see what you are saying now since the setup is already there for us... no speculation needed

... and fuck itacv.... I just read your last post...

Well TBH I sort of suspected Toro would be your partner due to him being V/LA til the 14th and no one saying anything....

I just fucked up pretty bad by not paying attention to the original setup....
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Exalt »

Do not quicklynch this guy. Let us have our deadline.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Exalt »

Ok. Here is my large wall post that I promised. I did a lot of rereading while eating a tasty big mac and fries along with a smoke afterword.

Anyway, for the most part zazier has looked town to me. Once everyone gained any type of suspicion on her however, she shut up and has disappeared. That worries me and makes me less than eager to defend her at all. Raivann doesn't seem like scum to me either. I think all the votes are misplaced.

This isn't going to be a great case, because I couldn't find damning evidence on anyone, but this is what I came up with after the reread.
Santos wrote:It was DDD that wanted Exalt to comment on policy lynches...so DDD, what do you think of Exalt's response?
He's doing his best to support a possible policy lynch of Sho without using the words "policy lynch" which is more than a little peculiar. Furthermore, I find it a bit odd that's he so willing to simply concede defeat and admit that there's no possible way he can get a read on him.

Anyways, Raivann is scum. We should all vote for her.

Unvote; Vote: Raivann
Ok, so this was the first post by DDD where he tried to bully lynch Raivann. He led the charge using meta as his reasoning to vote really. This was proven false later by multiple players, but the point remains to be looked at. This should be noted as the FIRST time DDD tried to bully quicklynch a player.

Santos wrote:
Unvote?

Vote: Raivann

I want to know moar.
Santos jumps on it fast. He has jumped on every DDD lynch as well. Something to be noted if DDD ever flips scum.
Raivann wrote:
So sorry, townie here and I'm a dude, Danny
Raivann claims townie.
Sho Minamimoto wrote:
Santos wrote:It was DDD that wanted Exalt to comment on policy lynches...so DDD, what do you think of Exalt's response?
He's doing his best to support a possible policy lynch of Sho without using the words "policy lynch" which is more than a little peculiar. Furthermore, I find it a bit odd that's he so willing to simply concede defeat and admit that there's no possible way he can get a read on him.

...!
You were able to so elegantly describe my thoughts on Exalt. I am not bad at English. In fact, it is one of my better subjects, but I just couldn't word it. Thanks DDD.

In return, I will progress to hear your reasoning on this.
Unvote; vote raivann
Sho jumps on the raivann wagon without explanation. Something to be noted.

ZazieR wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Anyways, Raivann is scum. We should all vote for him.

No. This is follow the sheep and especially in this set-up is this scummy. State your reasons for suggesting this, DDD.
Zazier is the only one to actually defend raivann at this point. She points out the obvious bully quicklynch going on.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Reasons for voting Raivann:

1) Meta - I was working on a pet project of mine and compiling data from a recently completed Newbie game Raivann was involved in. In the first five pages he had nearly thirty posts and accounted for almost thirty percent of all game posts, he was a vanilla townie. So far in this game he has a total of six posts over a similar time span. And it's not as if this was an ineffective strategy, town won the game and Raivann was NKed N3. So why such a substantial change in style unless there's a change in role?

2) Vote on Exalt - It's a terrible vote and he jumps on someone else's bad logic to place it. It's a good vote for scum because Exalt has foot in mouth disease which means it's easy to sustain with an adequate chance of securing a mislynch.

3) Response to my vote - There are certain behaviors that might've persuaded me that he's town, I didn't see any of them. His asking if I was "certain" didn't help his case either in my eyes.
1. This was proven as a stupid reason to quicklynch someone.

2. Yes it was a bad vote, but even I don't want to lynch Raivann simply for that.

3. Terrible reason and completely grasping for straws

ekiM wrote:
Mod: Thanks.

Raivann: I've looked at that other game DDD mentioned and you got stuck into playing
far
more quickly there. Do some of the following:
  • Ask questions
  • Look for scumtells
  • Put pressure on people
  • Voice your suspicions
So far all you have done is voice suspicion of Exalt.
So, do you always coach your scum buddies this blatantly ekiM?
DDD claiming Ekim is coaching Raivann, something to take note of. DDD pushing hard for Raivann to get lynched.

Raivann wrote:
muzzz wrote:I wouldn't say Exalt has foot-in-mouth disease, but his temper-flares do make him a cheap target.

@Raivann: linkies to completed games, please.
I've completed 2 newbie games, I don't know how to put in links though

unvote,Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro

I originally didn't mind his vote on me. We could see voting patterns and such.
Now he's trying to get me lynched because he sees me as an easy target.

I'm thinking scumteam is DDD/Toro.[/url]
I agree with the bolden statement. DDD CLEARLY sees raivann as an easy target, and continues to go for anyone that could be considered an easy target. He is hoping for a quicklynch on anyone he thinks has a chance of getting it.

ekiM wrote:No, DDD, can't say that I do.

itacv2 suggests DDD is scum going for the easy target of Raivann, but says we might want to lynch Raivann to test this. This looks like a clumsy attempt to set up a chain of mislynches.

unvote; vote itacv2
Itacv is a confirmed townie at this point, so this analysis was wrong. I think you should reevaluate and possibly think about agreeing with Itacv now.

Toro wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
DDD wrote:Reasons for voting Raivann:

1) Meta - I was working on a pet project of mine and compiling data from a recently completed Newbie game Raivann was involved in. In the first five pages he had nearly thirty posts and accounted for almost thirty percent of all game posts, he was a vanilla townie. So far in this game he has a total of six posts over a similar time span. And it's not as if this was an ineffective strategy, town won the game and Raivann was NKed N3. So why such a substantial change in style unless there's a change in role?

2) Vote on Exalt - It's a terrible vote and he jumps on someone else's bad logic to place it. It's a good vote for scum because Exalt has foot in mouth disease which means it's easy to sustain with an adequate chance of securing a mislynch.

3) Response to my vote - There are certain behaviors that might've persuaded me that he's town, I didn't see any of them. His asking if I was "certain" didn't help his case either in my eyes.
Weak case.
Meta argument isn't valid. Reason 3 wasn't present yet when voted. Leaving only #2. Yet, he made already one post after ekiM complained about Raivann's vote. He had no comment. In his next post, he votes.
So three questions:
-When did you check his meta?
-Why did you check his meta?
-Why didn't you comment on Raivann's vote earlier?

I'm also interested in hearing why you voted without giving your reasons and asking others to vote with you.
I agree with ZazieR here, there's no real evidence here why we should all try to lynch Raivann. People, I'm telling you, DDD is scum, he should be the one hanging by the end of the day.
I agree with you CONFIRMED townie toro. It was a weak case, and also... none of these questions were ever answered by DDD. NEVER. Read back up on the thread. DDD IGNORES every single question that comes his way, and you guys have backed down and let him get away with it. DDD will not answer questions regarding any lynches.

Toro wrote:A:) He's been ultra defensive and ultra aggresive so far this game.
B:) He's started a bandwagon on Raivann with no concrete evidence on why we should lynch him.
C:) I'm gettin' that scummy feeling from him.
A) I agree B) I agree C) I agree

FROM THIS POINT.....................................................

I go on to explain my stance on sho... DDD continues on Raivann... I state that meta can't really be used, but you can use scummy things he said in game and create at least a weak case pretty easily

Raivann then says:
Raivann wrote: I am getting townie vibes off Exalt & ekiM

And I'd rather not lynch DDD yet, my suspect list is too high still.
This is after his vote on me for trying too hard to "look" townie, and then his later explanation of it being a "hunch".

I find this interesting that his hunch goes from me being scum and trying too hard to "look" townie and then his hunch switching to me being townie with one other person, and then his list being really high for suspect scum. That is a complete 180. That being said, I still don't think he is a good lynch basically because of what DDD has done. I think DDD is our scum #1.

Continuing on
: At this time I get asked why I wasn't voting. At this point, I wasn't paying much attention to the game (and continued to not pay attention really until recently with the reread I just did to build THIS analysis), and so naturally I said my thoughts.
Exalt wrote:
ekiM wrote:Exalt, why are you not voting? Who are your suspects right now?
I'm building a case right now. You'll know my suspects soon enough :)

I refuse to vote until I can build a case on someone. Even if it is a weak one, I will end up building some type of case before I vote. Thanks.
I never gave a time period, but I did say I would build a case before I vote. I don't like to just jump bandwagons and switch votes nonstop.
Raivann wrote:FrankiePeanuts was criticized for making more analysis than suspicions and not wanting to ruffle feathers, then Zazie replaces him and goes overboard with questions and says 'noted' alot. Not much but it's more than I have on DDD

unvote, Vote: Zazie

P.S. I know I've been moving my vote around alot. I'm not doing it to be anti town or anything, just voting who I'm most suspicious of at the moment.
This is the following post. Notice the PS. That is what I try to avoid doing.
Exalt wrote:
ekiM wrote:Anyway, this is beating a dead horse. Looking forward to those cases!
I'm not. It takes hours to do one properly, and I have to do one for 5 games lol. I have tomorrow off, so I might just stay up tonight and spend far too long in mafia forums doing them. Don't worry, I'll have a case on someone soon though. I just like to make large ones compared to making small cases throughout the game.
oh yes, here again is me stating the truth... minus staying up late doing any type of reread or a case... frankly I'm a lazy player in this game
Toro wrote:
muzzz wrote:Boredom, mostly. I'm in two games that have been dominated for a large part by Sho vs. Exalt. In both those games I found that discussion very uninteresting. Plus I joined a Bird 7P game that's more active than I had anticipated.

But typing that out made me realize that if I want some interesting discussion I might as well get it myself.

Vote: Toro

For tunneling on DDD.

And while we're on the topic of my suspect list, I'm putting Santos back on. His continued argument against Zazie is beginning to smell of stretching.
I'm telling you DDD's scum, how can you people not see it?!
Muzzz also defending DDD for no reason. Confirmed townie Toro wondering why people are doing this. Take note.

Raivann wrote:on second thought I'm with Toro, I wanna lynch DDD
unvote, Vote:Debonair Danny Dipietro
Raivann vote switching once again...... This is why I don't vote until I have a case. This shit is scummy as fuck to flip flop so much.

Raivann wrote:Toro seems pretty confident, DDD has lurked recently and he doesn't even take into account my explanation of why my early post count was low.
I'll check out 177 & 179 now.
cheers mate
Raivann explains his vote, but it IS a weak reason. Do some scum hunting yourself mr lazy ass raivann.

Toro wrote:
muzzz wrote:
itacv2 wrote:Honestly i havent been reading the whole thread.
Now
there
's your problem...

@Toro: mostly because you lack arguments. Seriously, DDD has got more on Raivann than you do on him.

And regardless of that, tunneling is always bad. Especially if there's more than one scumbag left.
I feel more then confident that my arguments are strong enough for us to go ahead and lynch DDD. What makes you say that DDD is town muzzz?

Vote Count #10

I had all these great ideas for flavor but then I forgot them. No joke.

itacv2 (3) - ekiM, ZazieR, Sho Minamimoto
Debonair Danny DiPietro (3) - Toro, itacv2, Raivann
Santos (1) - Kise
Raivann (1) - Debonair Danny DiPietro
Toro (1) - muzzz
Notice the questions posed to Muzzz. Muzzz never answers them. Lets examine what his response was:

muzzz wrote:@Toro: Frankie wasn't talking about DDD. Hence, I wasn't talking about DDD. This is the third time we're going over this. You're starting to get on my nerves.

Why are you so fixated on DDD? And why do you want
my
statement to be about DDD so badly?
Instead of answering the question, he poses questions back. That is scummy behavior right there.... and blatant defense of DDD. If DDD flips scum, take note of this.

One more thing to show him blatantly NOT answering questions:
Toro wrote:
muzzz wrote:
The rest of your questions aren't worth answering. So I'm not dodging anything.
HA!

Good one there muzzz.
That sure is a good one Toro. I find is strangely suspicious that Muzzz will not answer questions... don't the rest of you town? Muzzz could quite possibly be a partner to DDD.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I've got to say that Toro's case is the absolute worst that's ever been presented against me. It's so bad he's got to be town because as mindlessly as he's pushing it he'd experience way too much blowback as scum if he actually got his lynch. However, his confidence seems like a perfect place for scum to hide behind and while I believe Raivann is that scum, I'm willing to pressure itacv2 to see if it's him as well/instead.

Unvote

Vote: itacv2
This is the SECOND time DDD switches and goes for our confirmed townie Itacv. He claims it is for pressure. Lets see what happens later....

Santos wrote: However, I now feel it appropriate to say that itacv2 is being bullied into a lynch. This is the impression I am getting when it was clearly DDD bullying Raivann to a lynch earlier So what? There are now repercussions for what DDD did? What's the deal?

Santos defending DDD again. Take note.

ZazieR wrote:
Toro wrote:
muzzz wrote:@Toro: Frankie wasn't talking about DDD. Hence, I wasn't talking about DDD. This is the third time we're going over this. You're starting to get on my nerves.
Then who were you referring to?
Why are you so fixated on DDD? And why do you want
my
statement to be about DDD so badly?
Why you dodging the question?

Why are you ignoring the questions?
Good question zazier. Why was muzzz dodging questions? He refuses to answer, just as DDD refused to answer questions about Raivann. Those two are definitely buddies.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Too many people missing which means the same people are arguing the same thing in the same circles.
This was DDD's answer to remove suspicion. He tried to misdirect the suspicion onto the lurkers at this point, since him and muzzz were gaining quite a bit of it. This is when everyone gave up on DDD and muzzz and transfered it over to Itavc.

ZazieR wrote:And with that said, Exalt, what''s your reason for not voting somebody?
I gave reasons as above. Lurking from not paying attention to the game, and from not building the large case I said I would build. Here it is, even if it isn't a very good case at the moment.

Toro wrote:
Santos wrote:
Ekim wrote:I've had a bad feeling about Santos. He hasn't made a real vote all game as far as I can see. He followed DDD onto Raivann, said he liked the logic, then did a 180. Later he voted Kise for inactiveness and later unvoted. Why no real votes? What are his real suspicions?
I already explained why I messed up about the DDD votes on Raivann. When Kise looked like a lost cause, no support to get him in the thread, I unvoted. At this point in the game I wouldn't have a problem lynching ZazieR because
1) She is scum hunting almost too hard for her own good
2) Her play is incredibly null-tell

However, itacv2's defenses are rather crap.

Unvote?

Vote: itacv2

Lets do this.
What's wrong with scum hunting too hard? And being a null-tell in this game might be beneficial, and if you read the game rules (do it) you can see why. And isn't that vote you placed on Kise supposed to be the support to get him back in the thread?

Vote: Santos
Toro voting Santos, who was an obvious bandwagoner following DDD once AGAIN. Santos always seems to follow DDD's vote as you can see. I can't wait to see santos unvote zazier and vote Raivann now that he sees DDD do it.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Thanks Mr. Mod. I think others should join me in voting for Exalt until he actually contributes.
This is the 3rd time DDD does a bully quicklynch appeal to the masses. He voted me because of my "case" that wasn't here. He always goes for the easy targets because he saw me lurking. THREE times hes done this. THREE TIMES. He is scum. I am positive of that.

Anyway,

The guy is clearly scum. He doesn't build cases, yet he bandwagons and/or tries to get everyone to follow him like sheep to bandwagon "easy" targets. He refuses to answer any and all questions posed to him in the entire game really, as does muzzz who I believe is his partner (along with santos as a possibility).

I encourage everyone to unvote raivann since it seems to have to foothold beside him generally being a lurker. A DDD lynch has far more information to be gained from it, along with him just being overall scummy as fuck.

Thanks. Here is your case.

Oh and one more thing....

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I fail to see the problem with having the masons claimed. It's far better than losing one to a NK before they can confirm each other.
At this point I'd be fine with an Exalt lynch
, but going back to my previous preference I'd be even happier with a Raivann lynch.
How can you say this if......

Till we get the promised analysis

:)

Do you think I am scummy DDD? If so, why? You said you voted me to get a case, and even tried to get me bandwagoned for simply not having done it yet.

1). DDD has REPEATEDLY gone after the perceived easy targets

2). DDD has tried to get THREE seperate players quicklynched. You newbs actually follow him too like sheep. He NEVER gives a case or good reasons, yet he isn't considered suspicious for saying "VOTE HIM, TRUST ME, SHUT UP, YOU ARE SCUM IF YOU DON'T" on day 1.

3). He is now bandwagoning.

4). He refuses to answer any and all questions posed to him.

5). He has two specific players who follow him and defend him no matter what he does in Muzzz and Santos.

6). If he is attacked he gets extremely defensive and arrogant. He does not use logic, but he will trashtalk anyone who mentions his name (that is if he doesn't ignore them completely by not answering any questions).

Need I go on? Get him out of here.

VOTE: Debonair Danny DiPietro
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Exalt »

ConfidAnon wrote: This was post 147.
Exalt
, how on earth was itacv a confirmed townie on page 6?

For reference, the mason claim did not occur until Post 379 on page 16.
Because I did the reread AFTER the mason claims... meaning they are now confirmed without a CC. I never said he was confirmed back then.. but doing a reread NOW when they are considered CONFIRMED gives me the opportunity to look back and say "hey this person is confirmed now" and we can change our mind about a few posts.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Does your given number actually work?

I'll refute Exalt's case laughable case tonight when I have more time.

Laughable yet you don't have the ability all game to make a case yourself? Interesting that you made 3 bandwagon attempts on 3 seperate players, and yet you haven't been able to make a case once that was worth its weight.

Try checking your arrogant bad play at the door scum, because it sure won't help you now. I can go toe to toe with you all day until you get lynched, because you are scummy as fuck.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Exalt »

Raivann wrote:
Raivann wrote:But maybe staying off my wagon and going after DDD would make him look good after I flip town. Scum Exalt thinking that someone else would drop the hammer on me.
Here comes another 180.
After reading Exalt's and DDD's recent posts over and over I actually believe DDD. Exalt could very well be the big shot scum here.
unvote, Vote:Exalt
Explain. If you cannot, then don't vote. Thanks. I have no problem lynching you at deadline, because I don't see zazier as scum.

Vote Count #18

Tick Tock, five days to deadline.

Raivann (3) - ZazieR, ConfidAnon, Sho Minamimoto
Exalt (3) - ekiM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Raivann
ZazieR (2) - itacv2, Santos
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1) - Exalt
Toro (1) - muzzz
Santos (1) - Toro
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Exalt »

Oh, I see what you did there. I have 3 votes now along with zazier and Raivann :)

I'm regular townie, so go ahead and vote me. Town won't be happy with the result, but I'm sure you scum newbs will. DDD is scummy as fuck, and will get lynched soon enough :) I did my job at stating my case.

Raivann, explain why you wanted to vote for someone from the itacv wagon and YOUR wagon, and now switch to me? If you are saving your own ass, I can understand, yet voting for me and saying "I BELIEVE DDD" is pretty fucking scummy after you flip flopped around about 50 times on day 1.

You vote DDD, then you vote Exalt after seeing DDD vote Exalt. Great job. I think you noticed that Ekim already had a vote on me, and you are hoping to help DDD out now.

Well, w/e I did my case from my reread, which I am positive none of you did. I am still waiting for a case from DDD.

You tried saying I fabricated information which I did not at all. I reread the thread and stated the truth. Let the rest of town decide.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Exalt »

So no one agrees that it is scummy what DDD did in trying to get 3 quicklynch bandwagons going on 3 seperate players? No one thinks that? I find that quite odd.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Exalt »

GG, I'm town. Want me to hammer? People aren't too smart, since I make a case and you follow DDD once again with him not making a case. Go figure.

I'll hammer it, since town are obviously retarded. See where DDD's bandwagon gets you kids.

UNVOTE

VOTE:EXALT

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”