Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by purple princess »

/confirm
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Can I just ask everybody, what sort of expeience you have at playing Mafia?

VOTE HULK
for not having an avatar :)
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:12 am

rustshark wrote:So come on, you scum out there. Start making mistakes so we can lynch you.
I have to agree with Echo and My Milked Eek, it does seem a little odd to be saying this, but in Echo's next post he kind of does the same thing.
Echo wrote:To me, this line is so wifomy I would never say something like this.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:17 am

Welcome startransmission

@ RayFrost, why are you so concerned about rvs? Just let it run it's course, once we have more to go on people will change their votes to who the think is scum. I don't really think you can put a time limit on rvs.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:36 am

Crunchi wrote:I just had nothing to say really, figured I'd post when I got something.
This could also be seen as lurking though.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:04 pm

This seems like such a slow pace game at the moment, would you mind if I asked some questions to get the conversation started?

@ rustyshark & Carrick16; What is your favorite role to play in mafia?

@ starttransmission & RayFrost; How would you decsribe your game play?

@ Crunchi & bigmc109; Do you believe that any information can be found within the random voting stage?

@ Echo & My Milked Eek; What is your opinion on lurkers? are they always scum?
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:48 am

Carrick16 wrote:I enjoyed being the bodyguard.
Why did you enjoy being a bodyguard?
Crunchi wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote: Instead of waiting for others to do the job, why not participate and make it easier for us?

Because it's easier for me.

Is it really easier for you now you are being accused of lurking?
Crunchi wrote:rustyshark's "So come on, you scum out there. Start making mistakes so we can lynch you." made me think he might be, but then a big deal was made out of it and it lost it's sparkle.

startransmission seems to turn everything scum related, which makes it seem like he's scum, but maybe he's just being active.
If you think that both rustyshark and startransmission could be scum, then you should start asking the questions/applying a little bit of pressure to see how they responed and react.
Just sitting there waiting for other people to do all of the hard work could be seen as lurking if you are scum or giving actuall scum an easy time on day one. both of these aren't really beneficial to town.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Carrick16 wrote:Purple princess, I find odd. Sugar coating the amount of questions she poses with stuff about it not being that active.
I don't belive I was "sugar coating" anything, this game seemed to be getting out of the RVS but we had no more information to go on, and posts seemed to be very slow, I thought I would get the general discusuion moving by asking some questions, I always like to always ask how much expeience everybody has, as sometimes newbie moves can often be mistaken for newbie moves, also this is great as we can analyse peoples answers. Also I find with newbie games some people responed to questions only, as they are new and are unsure on what to post in fear of looking like scum even if they are town.

I see that crunchi has just gone back to lurking now, or has the pressure got too much and we will have to wait for her to be replaced?

@ Mod: any chance we can get a vote count please?
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:24 am

My Milked Eek wrote:>> pp
I'd like an opinion on:
- crunchi and her play.
- startransmissions attack on crunchi
- rustys attack on startransmission
-Crunchi, Right now I think her play seems very newbie, puts a front on saying that waiting for others to do her job becuase it's easier for her, but as soon as people question her on this and accuse her of lurking she has seemed to have dissapeared, maybe this game just wasn't for her. I would imagine that it may be the last we here from her now and will have to wait a few days for a replacement.

-startransmissions attack on crunchi, with not much to go on after RVS I guess the only other logical option was to start to ask questions about lurkers, and with crunchi being the least active player, I guess she was kind of asking for some votes, especially after the "it's easier for me" post. He says that maybe she would responed to this game after some pressure has been applied, but I think we have heard the last of her now and should maybe start looking in other directions to who maybe scum, than waste time on someone who has effectivly left this game. The only people to beniefit from this agument will be scum as it would let them pass through the radar untill d2.

-rustys attack on startransmission, I don't really get good or bad vibes from this really, I understand the whole lurkers don't always = scum, but I am unsure why he thinks she is a very town player. even if she does turn out to be town, I still don't think that her lack of activity is a very town move.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:36 am

Welcome tubby216, david-villa-7 and BlueRaven.
david-villa-7 wrote:@all- who do you prefer playing, town or scum? also why?
I must say I prefer playing town, I must say I quite enjoy trying to find out wh is scum.
david-villa-7 wrote:@all- who is most scummy and why?
Still unsure on on who maybe scum right now, I guess crunchi is #1 suspect, but I would like to here from her or her replacement before taking this any further.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Carrick16 wrote:Think i'll go for the Crunchi/PorkchopExpress vote , before he/she got replaced the behaviour was questionable.
Why do you feel it necessary to jump on the crunchi bandwaggon, when she has been replaced? Do you not think that is a little unfair and maybe we should wait for a response from PorkchopExpress before voting for a new player?

I know you haven't placed your vote yet, but your above post suggested that you will.

VOTE Carrick16

For juming on a really easy bandwaggon without even analysing new peoples posts.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:40 am

Carrick16 wrote:Feel free to ask me questions, cuz I havent been active and theres stuff ive not read, but im willing to answer anything. And I have no idea who to vote really so i'll have to go through this long thread tonight.
That post seems so anti-town to me to me, why do you feel that you should only responed to questions? If we were all like that we would get anywhere. You also say that you have no idea who to vote for, I thought you were all up for voting crunchi? what made you change your mind?
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 am

BlueRaven wrote:Doing more thinking, post back tomorrow or tonight if im lucky.
Wow, you must have a lot of thinking to do if it is going to take you that long to post your thoughts! there isn't much reading from when you last posted, I don't think it would have taken you that long.
Also you were the one who bought up that deadline was a whole nine days away, surely if you want us to believe that you are town then you would have thought of something a little more substantual than you last post.

Honestly I think you are town and you heart isn't really in this game, I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 am

david-villa-7 wrote:she voted for Carrick16 because he suspected crunchi but didn’t vote. Saying “For jumping on a really easy bandwagon” when he didn’t really jump on it, just suspected her.
Maybe you need to re-read the posts Carrick16 and myself have posted. Carrick16 does say he will go for the Crunchi vote.
Carrick16 wrote:Think i'll go for the Crunchi/PorkchopExpress vote , before he/she got replaced the behaviour was questionable.
and then fails to place his vote, which I do mention in my post towards his actions.
pp wrote:
Carrick16 wrote: Think i'll go for the Crunchi/PorkchopExpress vote , before he/she got replaced the behaviour was questionable.

Why do you feel it necessary to jump on the crunchi bandwaggon, when she has been replaced? Do you not think that is a little unfair and maybe we should wait for a response from PorkchopExpress before voting for a new player?

I know you haven't placed your vote yet, but your above post suggested that you will.

VOTE Carrick16

For juming on a really easy bandwaggon without even analysing new peoples posts.
I don't see where in Carrick16's post that he just suspected her, otherwise he would have fos, wouldn't he? I can understand after myself bringing this up why he would then find it a little diffucult to actually place the vote on crunchi
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:01 am

startransmission wrote:What leads you to believe Blue is town? Is it just intuition? You seem pretty sure we're barking up the wrong tree, and I'm struck that you think that abandoning the Blue wagon would be a "miracle". Is there a specific town read you get from Blue that I'm missing?
I just think it is my gut feeling right now that BlueRaven is town, I just have a slight feeling that maybe scum would be trying a little bit harder in this game and with posts like "doing more thinking will post back tomorrow if I'm lucky" just seems a little lacklustre, which makes me think he is just plain vanilla, I could be completely wrong, but that is just my opinion. I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline, without anyone making any 'slip ups' he looked like he would be lynched.

But after seeing his post that he has limited access, he could therefore still be scum.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 am

My Milked Eek wrote:So pp, I'd like you to:
- point out the posts which pinged/activated your gut
- point out where the cases are wrong
I think I have explained my reasoning for my thoughts on BlueRaven, cannot point out the posts which make me feel that way.
My Milked Eek wrote:How does being on LA imply him being scum?
I didn't say that, I meant that that havening a genuine reason for not being able to post may mean that he could be scum, but cannot defend himself as much as he would like.

Arggggh! right now I can feel myself going around in big WIFOM circles, As I am typing this I am kind of talking myself out of the whole BlueRaven = town
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:05 am

PorkchopExpress wrote:
PP - 252 wrote: I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline
2PP - 227 wrote: I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.

And we have a lie!
I don't see a lie here.
PorkchopExpress wrote:@PP: Even though you (very quickly) threw in the towel in response to MME's request to explain your read, I'm not inclined to let you get away with not addressing the case against Blue. Actually reread the Blue discussion, and post some opinions on it. Who knows, you might even stumble across something that justifies your read along the way.
No thanks, I have said all I have to say on this matter for now.
My Milked Eek wrote:Once again, how does him being on LA imply that he is scum?
I have already done this once thanks.
BlueRaven wrote:But just giving my opinion, if i were her? I would defend me cus less experienced players are easyer targets later on in games. I'd focus on a different target or a lier, implying the 'lynch all liers polocy' or that she dosnt like his move and 'lynch for lieing'.
Oh right is that what i am doing? I haven't used that tactic before, I must remember that one for my next game! Why on earth would I do that and put myself in this situation where no one elses believes me and I may be lynched if I was scum? Surely it is scums objective to try and stay alive for as long as possible?
BlueRaven wrote:Then tonight i'd probobly kill off the IC or anyone who proposes a possible threat.
You do realise if this now happens tonight all fingers will be pointing at you tomorrow don't you?
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:11 am

Welcome to the game Nikanor.

VOTE Nikanor

Wow that was a quick lynch, and a very lucky one aswel. I think that it was a little unfortunate that Carrick16 asked for a replacement when he did, if he was david-villa-7's scum buddy surely he would have stuck up for him a little bit towards the end of the day, no one wants their scum buddy to be the first to lynched.
Also looking back on Carrick's post's I have noticed someting which unsettles me a bit.
Carrick16 wrote:Rustyshark - Extremely shaky first post which points towards him being a goon unless he has friggin aspergers syndrome.
Imo this seems like he is distancing himself towards Rusty/david saying that he must be scum so early on in the game, I guess if anything was going to be bought up later on in the game he could refer back to this that he had always had his suspicions towards his scum buddy.

Also I am guessing that RayFrost was night killed as it was only myself and him that had suspicions towards Carrick16, but as I had drawn a lot of attention to myself on day one, I would be #1 suspect for day 2 and would be pointless if I was dead.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

Also, just notced that rustyshark's vote in RVS is for Carrick, maybe nothing but the reason for voting for him seems a little odd to me.
rustyshark wrote:
Vote: Carrick16
for trying to make it look like you're
not
trying too hard.

Maybe nothing, But I am unsure why you would say something like that, it reads to me as he is saying try not to lurk. kind of like a hidden message to his scum buddy.

@ MME, sorry, yes reading back other people have been suspicious towards Carrick16, I am just trying to find reasons to why RayFost was night killed, also sorry that you are so quick to disguard my ideas.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:58 am

Sorry for my silence, but I don't really have much to add right now. I would like to ask Nikanor though, Please could you post your opinions on all players, also who you think is scum right now.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:53 am

BlueRaven wrote:Sorry guys, been realy busy recently. Im organising a party too. I'll get bk to you tomorrow or the day after.
If you don't have the time for this game, maybe you should ask for a replacement?
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 am

MY Milkd Eek wrote:Yeah, sure, you don't have to reply to post 307 and 308. It's not as if I directed those two posts solely at you.
I have re-read these posts and I don't see anything to reply to on these posts, you don't agree with my ideas, simple.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 am

PorkchopExpress wrote:This doesn't make any sense to me. You seem to be saying that it's unfortunate that Carrick asked for replacement because it suggests his not scum, and then you vote for that slot anyway.
I meant that it was unfortunate that he asked for a replacement when he did, as no one really stuck up for david-villa-7 before he was lynched, If imo Carrick16 is scum then maybe he would have, giving us a better insight into who was scum for d2, surley leaving only one scum in the game is bad for scum and maybe they would have tried to move the attention towards another player before david-villa-7 was lynched.
My Milked Eek wrote:The only problem I have with that post is that ash lists carrick higher than pp for doing both the same thing really (or so he says). Yet with pp he doesn't use the words "active lurking" while he does use them with carrick.

Distancing? In my opinion, yes.
Try turning this around, maybe this was his intention for you to think like this.
My Milked Eee wrote:- why are you deflecting the attention away from yourself? your continued evasion isn't helping your case.
- player analysis please (second time today I've asked)
I am unsure how I am deflecting attention towards myself when every one seems to be voting for me.

Sorry right now I don't have time to post a player analysis, I will do this as soon as I can.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

Okay after having a re- read through the game I have kind of come up with a player analysis.

So far I get town vibes from startransmission, tubby and My Milked Eek, they seem to be active players who post logical questions and reasoning. I just get no scum suspicions from their posts so far.

Both Nikanor and BlueRaven have posted very lttle which makes it very hard to get any kind of read on them. Nikanor has been apart of this game for over a week now, but still hasn't really commented on anything which happened in the game before he joined, I also understand that most people think my vote isn't valid one but I would have thought he would have passed some comment on it by now.
blueRaven wrote:ok, im back. Sorry about that....
Don't just tell us your back, do something about it! post or ask for a replacement.

I have some doubts about PorkchopExpress being town at the moment, sorry some of this is from crunchi's play, But I guess it is worth a mention.

Back on day 1 I see that crunchi and rustyshark are kind of sticking up for one another albeit very subtle.

Crunchi start off by saying....
Crunchi wrote:rustyshark's "So come on, you scum out there. Start making mistakes so we can lynch you." made me think he might be, but then a big deal was made out of it and it lost it's sparkle.
This is in response to her lurking, not a lot of pressure was placed on rustyshark at this point, and imo I get the feeling she wanted to let town know oh yeah was thinking that aswell.

She then mentions her suspicions towards startransmission which is totally OMGUS because she says that he seems to turn everything scum related. He hasn't even been in this game for that long and his posts are only really directed at her lurking at that point.

A few post after this Rustshark posts this...
Rustyshark wrote:Considering Crunchi's gut reaction to this accusation, I'm leaning toward town for her. Scum overanalyze their posts and plan elaborate strategies for making themselves look townish, while town just react emotionally to being accused of scum, and don't consider whether or not it would make them look bad.
And then progresses on to actually vote for startransmission, is this a case for scumbuddies?

Once PorkchopExpress joined the game he slipped into the disscusions easly about myself and BlueRaven being scum, as these had already had some weight behind them. He does question ash but not too much, I am unsure if this is deliberate, also was this a hidden message towards ash?
PorkchopExpress wrote:@Ash: I want your take on Blueraven. Stat!
also in the same post he puts off his read of Ash.
PorkchopExpress wrote:I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back.
The only thing which I am having doubts about is that he was the one to actually hammer Ash in the end, maybe this was because he is town and thought that he was scum, but he dosen't really comment much on Ash's play before placing the final vote on him, which leads me to believe that he done this on purpose as no one would suspect him as ash's scum buddy, would they? after all he was the one who hammered him. I think he placed his vote onto Ash, as Ash looked certain to be killed with or without his vote and I guess if he votes for Ash no one would suspect him.

VOTE PorkchopExpress
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am

PorkchopExpress wrote:Yes, I put off my reread of Ash... to the next sentence! Did you even bother to read beyond that. You know, to the part where I give my analysis of Ash's ever-so slender play. Here's the rest of the Ash stuff.
PorkchopExpress wrote: @Ray:
I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back. Ash is doing nothing to follow through on the few opinions that he has given. Given that he replaced in, I would understand, but he puts in plenty of fluffy posts right to the point of wondering out loud if he is posting too much.
Yes I did bother to read your read on Ash, I didn't really get anything from it to be honest with you, it just seems like you put that together because you had to write something.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:03 am

PorkchopExpress wrote:And you chose to act like I had said nothing about Ash because?
Because I didn't get a good or bad vibe from your post about Ash, imo in this post you don't really seem to be for or against Ash.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 am

I can see where Nikanor and porkchopExpress are coming from with the connections between Ash and tubby, but what I cannot get my head around why you would vote for your scum buddy so early on.
At the time of his vote no one could have been certain that ash was going to be lynched on day one and we were still a little bit away from deadline so it wasn't like it was a rush to vote.

Also, just had a quick read of some of tubby's other games and he doesn't seem to be as confident in this game than in some of the others he has played as town, I understand that this could be nothing, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”