trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Cobalt »

vote: Juls
die for your sins
how do people feel about claiming how many posts they get?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Cobalt »

wrong, it's probably possible to fake having run out of posts and use that as an excuse to not post content. so I want everyone's numbers out early, so we know if someone tries to fake running out. it also might be important information later- if so the earlier we get it out the less time scum have to fake it.

my post cap is 85.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Cobalt »

I want people to claim their numbers early, so it'll be hard to lie. Doing it later in the game means there's more information available , so it'll be easier to fake-claim post caps.

lol at your vote, VP
mod: will we be told the post caps of dead players?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Cobalt »

kmd, no word on post cap claiming? to save time, I'd like everyone else who posts to address this as well.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Cobalt »

sens, (and kmd) I already asked the mod and was told that a player with no posts left can still vote/unvote or talk to the mod, and I think it's in the rules. I also think you overlook the benefits of cap claiming- eliminates the ability to fake being capped out, builds public information, forces scum to claim truthfully or be caught in a lie later, can help us learn how long the mod expects the game to last (and therefore a vague idea of town/scum strength). I certainly don't think it warrants a vote from you.
unvote vote: a cold starry night

you placed the third vote on VP for a parroted reason and wagoning. ironic AND scummy
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I'm going to claim right now that my role PM informs me that there are 3 players in this game with fake claims. Based on my win-con being winning when the Mafia are dead, I'm going to hypothesize that we are dealing with 3 mafia, each of which have mod provided fake claims. Behavioral analysis is going to win the day.
I have a mod-provided fake claim ability and am not mafia.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Cobalt »

unvote, vote: juls
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Cobalt »

it seems reasonable to deduce that there are two scumteams. assuming there are no other townies with fake-claims, fake-claim abilities would fit best with a godfather role. additionally, I will be suspicious of someone who claims a fake-claim after me: could be GF trying to be town points
my vote on juls:
juls wrote:Second, Vote: Cobalt. The mod provided fake claim is weird to me and Goat's logic makes sense that 3 mafia / 3 fake claims. I wouldn't put it past Vi though to do something like that. But for now I am leary.
a poorly-reasoned bandwagon vote with wiggle room (look at that last sentence) in case she attracts attention for it. obvscum
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Cobalt »

actually forget it, looks like we have only 1 scumteam
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Cobalt »

scumteam reasoning is obvious. I just ran some numbers based on post caps and the game rules: the mod seems to expect this game to run about 5 days, which would seem to preclude multiple killing groups. We also know there's no cult/sk because of our win condition. The only factional win conditions must be town and mafia, and there might be a survivor or someone with a weird individual wincon.
at any rate...
I don't know what to think about Sens' potential information, if it's true then we should be lynching Cobalt for having a fakeclaim. Notice how he didn't say he was town, just that he wasn't mafia.
lol, town only needs to kill the mafia to win :) I don't think you share my win condition.
sens, did your info say 3 FACTIONAL wincons or just 3 wincons?

calling it right now, the scum are in:
fuzzylightning
juls
a cold starry night
VP Baltar
DTMaster

all gut.

Just in case you missed that part up above, VP wants to lynch me for having a falseclaim ability and said "he didn't say he was town, just that he wasn't mafia". Town win condition only requires the mafia to die, ergo VP is not town.
unvote, vote: VP Baltar
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Cobalt »

why should VP care if I am third party? the town only needs to lynch the mafia. Town doesn't care about third parties. Also, I'm not third party.
so juls, is VP your godfather?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Cobalt »

interesting, considering your original vote on me was based on a vague suspicion that my post cap claiming would somehow help scum
also, I seem to be voting 3 people, Vi
I'll let you figure out what it could mean when your vote is in gray and crossed out. ~Vi
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #47 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Heh. I'm gonna be out of posts in 3 days at this rate.
Cobalt's Premise: All townies only want to lynch mafia.
Cobalt's Conclusion: VP is not town because VP believes Cobalt is a third party.
Problem: There are other possible win conditions that could be detrimental to the town. This argument is given further credence by Sens semi-claim of multiple wincons.

Affirming the consequent! Juls addresses this; Cobalt just proceeds to repeat himself and make unfounded accusations against her. Anyways.
objection 1) my premise is not mine, it is the town win condition. are you playing to a different one?
objection 2) the "problem" is nonexistent. you can't have any factional wincons in this game besides mafia and town, due to the wording of the town wincon. as an example, take a cult that has to take over the whole town to win. if it converted everyone, the town still wins because there's no more mafia.
or for an SK: the SK can kill everyone and the town still wins because the mafia is dead as well. you see? because the town only needs to kill the mafia, any-NON MAFIA wincons will not conflict with the town wincon, or the game could end in two different factional win conditions being fulfilled. as this is contrary to the definition of the factional win condition as posited in the first post, there cannot be any factional win conditions besides mafia and town (unless Vi made a broken game).
VP Baltar obviously did not read and consider the town win condition, or he would have realized that third party win conditions cannot be factional and therefore do not conflict with the town win condition. I believe this lack of attention to the town wincon is because he didn't get a town PM and merely skimmed the example PM in the first post.

also, juls didn't address directly this at all, she merely stated there might be 2 scumteams.
Safe lynch, false-claim debate aside, he's lynchable based on his crazed flip-floppy behavior alone.
HAHAHAHAHA
I love analyzing wagons to see who jumps on the easy targets. I'm only at L-2: I'd love to see if there's any more gullible scum out there. I wish I could see the fear on your faces when I claim, scumbags: it'll be hilarious when you realize who you just wagoned with poor reasoning.

my voice of yune was just advice about posting under 450 words
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #50 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Sorry, other way around, sky.
Claim: Micaiah. :)
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #54 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I have the town win condition. When did I say I didn't?
also, I'm curious as to why you'd want a full claim from MICAIAH. I'd think the lack of a counterclaim would be enough to prove I am who I say I am, and claiming my ability wouldn't help convince you I'm telling the truth.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #59 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Cobalt »

SensFan wrote:
Cobalt wrote:I have the town win condition. When did I say I didn't?
also, I'm curious as to why you'd want a full claim from MICAIAH. I'd think the lack of a counterclaim would be enough to prove I am who I say I am, and claiming my ability wouldn't help convince you I'm telling the truth.
You claimed to have a different wincon than VP Baltar, and the context implied that you were referring to not having the Town wincon.
I don't know who the fuck Micaiah is, and don't really give a rat's ass.
Not only are scummyscumscum softclaims scummy, but we know the Scum (and you, specifically) got a fakeclaim.

Lynch lynch lynch.
this is the part where you stop talking.
I said I have a different wincon from VP because I know I'm town and I think he's scum. Nothing in the context implied I was claiming a non-town wincon. Also, go look up who Micaiah is BEFORE you spam requests for my lynch. Here's a hint: she's the main character of the game this mafia is based on. Here's the game cover:
See that chick in the middle? White air, bloom effects, idealistic expression? Micaiah. This is the equivalent of claiming Cloud in an FF7 game. How about you look up some flavor before lynching the guy claiming the protagonist.

preview edit: I suggest everyone who hasn't played Radiant Dawn at least read the wiki entry before we decide Ike would make a good lynch or something else retarded
and sens, I did not claim 3rd party wincon, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #64 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Oh Sens. You're so cute.
goat, no need to worry, my A ability lets me give people posts by sacrificing my own, so as long as I don't burn through all 85 really fast we shouldn't have that problem. Yes, this is my ability. Yes, it is verifiable. Yes, I am willing to test it tonight.
Maybe the third wincon is one that is mutually exclusive with the Town (such as a Lyncher or Jester that ends the game if they win).
Can't be one. READ THE RULES OF THE GAME, SENS. Why is this so hard to understand for you? That would be a factional win condition if it ends the game. But due to the wording of the town wincon it doesn't conflict with the town wincon unless it requires some mafia to be alive. therefore, any nontown, nonmafia wincondition MUST be an individual wincondition and therefore DOES NOT end the game. It's in the RULES.
also, why are you asking for 2 claims when I have 1 role?
I'm Micaiah, townie priestess. my role is sacrificer, I have the ability I listed above, the information that Leonardo is not in the game and is a good safe claim, and a Tarh-style falseclaim. I assume I got the safe and false claims because MICAIAH IS THE MOST OBVIOUS TOWN ROLE IN THE GAME AND AN INSTANT #1 NIGHTKILL CHOICE, which you would know if you bothered to learn the flavor of the game you signed up for.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #67 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Cobalt »

SensFan wrote:Let us assume that there is a Lynch in the game. Let us assume that this Lyncher wins by lynching his target.

Let us further assume all Win Conditions are of the exclusive variety.

Then if the Lyncher lynches his target first, he wins.
If the Town kills the Mafia first, Town wins.

How complicated is that?
if the lynchee is mafia, hilarity ensues.
ALL factional wincons in this game aside from the town one MUST REQUIRE that that some mafia be alive or there is a chance that it and the town wincon will both resolve. Also, why wouldn't the hypothetical lyncher have an individual win condition?

goat, it's an awesome wagon, in that it's a goldmine of people voting an easy target with weaksauce reasons, eg coldstarrysky, VP, juls
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #77 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Cobalt »

That being said, Cobalt's sensitivity to being voted should be noted, nor do I like his attempt to divert town away from any potential 3rd party by saying its no concern of town or the fact that he is spending a ton of posts to say essentially nothing. His defense is a bit much for the mild pressure that is on him, though I don't have any experience with him, so I can't say if this is coming from scum or town.
I don't see why this is so hard to understand. As town, we ignore 3rd party. We don't care. They are completely irrelevant. The mafia is the only target we have.
I agree with Sens that Cobalt's softclaims are complete BS, especially after he already said that he has a fakeclaim. I have no knowledge of the theme, so his claim means nothing. Also, if you were so powerful, why would you claim so readily? And if you have fakeclaims to protect how awesomely powerful you are, why not use one of those first? That doens't make sense to me.
Why would I lie to the town? Especially, why would I lie to the town after engineering a bandwagon on myself? The reason for this play is that my claim is unassailable, so I decided to use that to catch scum who would hop on a me-wagon with poor reasoning.
I did? please quote. What actually happened is that you and cobalt took all kinds of inferences from one line where I said if Sens is telling the truth, Cobalt should probably be lynched and then extrapolated them into a grand theory about how I'm psychotically trying to get cobalt lynched. Your ridiculously over the top defense of Cobalt is starting to grate on me though.
Are you reading my posts at all? That's not even close to what I said. Go back and read it again. I'm voting you because you made a statement that shows you don't have the motives of a player with the town win condition.
Sens makes valid points about a Lyncher. Cobalt attempts to deflect these with outguess the mod "what if the lynchee is mafia". I'm sure Goat thinks this is a good argument.
I'm not playing outguess the mod, Sens is by bringing in hypothetical third parties. I proved that any third parties can't have factional wincons and should therefore be ignored.

I'm annoyed that this argument has basically been 4 people. I'm more annoyed that half the people who signed up for this game seem to be entirely ignorant of the flavor. Just my name claim is enough to make me confirmed
*cut* ~Vi
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #79 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Cobalt »

locke: a) I was at L-2
b) sens asked for a claim, and he's the only one I have a solid town read on
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #81 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Cobalt »

Wait, that ISN'T what you said. You said you had information that you _think_ there are 3 win conditions. That doesn't mean there's a third party. It doesn't mean all 3 wincons are factional. Why are you saying something different now? Before you weren't even sure your information was correct, and now you think it's solid proof of a third party?
Also, no, Sens, you're wrong. It's simple linguistics and grammar. The town win condition says kill all the mafia players to win. If there was any 3rd party win condition, it would have to be individual OR require that some mafia members be alive to trigger. Otherwise, there would be a chance that the town wincon and this 3rd party wincon could trigger at the same time, leaving the game over with 2 factional win conditions fulfilled. This would be a broken game. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. Also, why did you not comment on my full claim after pushing hard for it?
Vi: you cut off one of my recent posts. I assume this was due to it being over 450 words: however, I copy-pasted that post into Word and got only 408 words. This was including all code and words in quotes. What gives, eh?

Blame this~ ~Vi
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #88 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Juls wrote:
Sotty wrote:Juls post 74 makes me feel good about my vote on her. She takes the time to throw dirt on the Colbat claim while at the same looking for excuses to believe it. Classic fence sitting enabling to go either way depending.
Sotty, this is redonkulous. I think your dying/sickness is effecting you here. Cobalt was well on his/her way to being lynched and I certainly want to ere on the side of caution here when it comes to someone claiming a powerrole and giving two names. I was posting and thinking at the same time (yes, I am talented) and on the one hand I noted that it would be pretty ballsy as scum to give two names on the off chance that no one had these supposed big names but on the other hand he could be using his partners fake claim as well. Either way, I need to review the flavor to figure out which I lean more toward. Further, you voted me as a joke vote I thought? So your joke vote turned into super serious mode? How convienant...
lol, are you suggesting I'm using Micaiah as a falseclaim? She's the protagonist. The main character. Her motivations and actions drive the story. I dunno how else to put this. It's like claiming Odysseus in an
Odyssey
themed game. It's claiming Mario in a Paper Mario game. It's claiming mith in a "Founders of Mafiascum" game. This should be the most obvious role in the whole character list. Also, why haven't you taken the 3 minutes it would require to read the wikipedia page yet?

Please note, guys, it's C-O-B-A-L-T. As in, the element. Not Colbat. Not Colbalt. Cobalt.

sotty, you're a smart guy, why don't you help me wagon VP? Juls can wait while we let her keep sitting on her fence. VP made a more obvious slip.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #90 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Um, did you read the intro? The Knights of Guidance, the good guys in the game, are the town. Why are you accusing me of gaming the mod when I'm going off info in MY ROLE PM?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #99 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Cobalt »

VP wrote:
if you were so powerful, why would you claim so readily? And if you have fakeclaims to protect how awesomely powerful you are, why not use one of those first? That doens't make sense to me.

^Please answer these Cobalt.
I believe I already did, but I will reiterate. I'm not that powerful at all: I'm just verifiable and impossible to counterclaim. I have 1 fakeclaim, and I didn't use it because I engineered this bandwagon specifically because my claim makes me confirmed town. Claiming vanilla Leonardo after acting scummy and getting run up would have meant getting lynched on page 3.
Cobalt is a VI because he says things like "OMG I'M MACKALACKA, THEREFORE I'M OBV TOWN" and "TOWN SHOULDN'T LYNCH THIRD PARTIES".
Both of these things are true.

juls, keep ridin' that fence, babe. Everyone notice how she posted 1 sentence about the VP wagon at lynch -2 but a full paragraph attacking sotty, the person who last attacked VP?

gonna post less often so I don't get capped out.
I was already going to use my power to prove myself tonight.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #108 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote: a cold starry night
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #110 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Cobalt »

AFAIK I cannot multi-target.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #111 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote: VP Baltar, FoS Sensfan
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #114 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Cobalt »

I used a trick* to gain access to the mafia win condition. It's not the usual control 50% of the town or whatever. It's (paraphrase) "remove all other factions from the game". So in fact town WANTS to keep 3rd parties alive, while mafia WANTS to lynch or kill them. This means sens and VP's desire to hunt down third party is something that actually makes sense from a mafia viewpoint, but not from a town viewpoint. I discovered this in between my ACSN vote and my VP vote.

*I used my falseclaim ability to have Vi make me a mafia role PM.

I can tell this is going to take explaining multiple times, so here it is so I don't burn too many posts: I got Vi to show me the mafia win condition. It says, paraphrased, "mafia wins when they kill off all over factions". NOT "comprise 50% of the town". So the mafia wants to remove the town as well as any 3rd parties (or another mafia, if there is one). Because mafia's wincon would motivate them to hunt third party, and town's wincon would DEmotivate them to hunt third party, sens and VP's desire to lynch third party is much more likely to have a mafia motivation than I thought before. Hence the vote and FoS.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #117 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Cobalt »

VP, it was a Tarh-style ability set. I get a safelaim- that was Leonardo. I also get a one-shot falseclaim that causes Vi to make me a fake role PM with the name and role I specify. Read some tarh role PMs for examples of this ability set.
DTMaster wrote:2. You used your fake claim to get mafia flavour? :S That's a really unorthodox way to use it, but clever. But I don't see how that changes anything about the mafia win condition. They still want to control town, whether or not 3rd parties are hinted in their win con seems irrelevant.
It's not hinted, really- the wincon says to kill all other factions. But it does mean that in the case of a 3rd party, he's helping town and hindering mafia's wincons just by being alive. So it changes how you read motivations: a mafia member would want to lynch 3rd party but a town would not.

kmd, did you miss the last 3 pages or something? I fullclaimed a while ago.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #122 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Cobalt »

juls's vote was terrible. you fence-sit the whole game, hop on the me wagon, then vote sotty for votehopping while ALSO throwing suspicion at DTMaster? Anyone up for a juls wagon?
kmd, my claim was in my iso 16
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #130 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Cobalt »

Locke: not those exact words but a semantically identical phrase.
VP: No scumhunting? I already found scum in you, juls, ACSN, and mebbe sens.

@anyone doubting my ability is worth testing: how does this ability make any sense for scum? what could be lost by testing it?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #134 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Cobalt »

Um, why can't we lynch YOU, VP?
I'd be okay with a ACSN lynch too. Not so much for DDD, I think Locke has lurked more if we want to roll that way.
Kmd, I'm uncounterclaimed as the game's protagonist with a pro-town, confirmable ability. You shouldn't be wasting your vote on me.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #135 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Cobalt »

explain how engineering a bandwagon on myself then making what you feel is an unreliable claim is a scum move. then when you can't, move your vote to VPscum, who wanted to lynch me for being third party (something scum wants to do and town does not want to do).
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #136 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Cobalt »

lol, do you really think I'd have let a bandwagon build on myself like that? I revealed my safe-claim, asked for role info, vote-hopped, and overrreacted to votes on me. I manufactured the bandwagon, as I already explained back on like page 4. Kmd, you should read the game. And then vote VP. Because he's scum.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #141 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Yes, there is motivation to act scummy. I can see who hops on the bandwagon with poor reasoning. I can see who builds a case and who is going with the crowd. I can see who wants to lynch me because they think I'm scum and who wants to lynch be because I'm a good target. I can see who's playing town motivations and who's playing scum motivations, and if I die and flip town, so can all of you.

note: since that last hypothetical will inevitably be misinterpreted, the "if" applies to "if I die" (I don't expect to) not "if I flip town" (I will).
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #151 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Cobalt »

four days is plenty for a new bandwagon, but I don't think DDD is the best choice. Juls/Locke is better. That's assuming we don't stick with VP, which I'd prefer.
I'm thinking in light of saberwolf's recent posting ACSN's emotion may have been genuine.
I find it ironic that Sens was accusing saberwolf of not reading the game deeply. Also, it's the wincons, not the rules, that tell us to leave 3rd parties alive. Seriously, Sens, it's like you aren't trying to read my posts and just want me lynched regardless of what I say.
Kmd, I want you to look at VP's slip about 3rd parties and tell me how that could come from a town motivation. He's the lynch today.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #153 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Cobalt »

Sotty, actually, I just saw LL posted yesterday, so they both have 4 posts, but I feel LL is lurkier. I got a scumhunting feel from DDD's posts, but LL's felt more active lurky.
kmd wrote:VP didn't slip. More times than not, a 3rd party lynch isn't a bad thing. There are very few exceptions.
And this is one of them.
kmd wrote:Why do people think Saber's posting is protown? Saber is worse than Starry IMO.
at least saber is posting content unlike "you're all stupid and I don't feel like explaining why" ACSN.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #162 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Cobalt »

@Vi: so is saberwolf a player or not?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #172 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Cobalt »

I'd rather not jump off the VP wagon for DDD. Juls maybe, but it looks like that won't happen.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #183 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote: vote saberwolf
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #195 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Cobalt »

VP wrote:Cobalt, please answer my previous question you conveniently ignored about what pro-town actions you see from DDD since you say he is more town than LL. You said he has been scumhunting, please direct me to parts of his play you think are scumhunting.
DDD wrote:I wouldn't be voting for you if I didn't think you were the best lynch right now. Besides my discomfort with your early vote, unvote pattern you simply aren't reading pro-town to me. You say I'm always scum when we play, I saw you're always town and always obvtown at that, the fact that you aren't this game says scum to me.
DDD wrote:Not an issue that feels smart to raise, but odd how KMD has gone from I'm scum with gut/meta/connection reasons behind it to saying he won't be voting for me today. I mean I guess from his perspective it makes sense to test the make believe connection between myself and Cobalt, but it certaintly doesn't mesh well with his earlier confidence.
DDD wrote:What are your reasons for voting for me again other than the dreadedly nonsensical "he didn't ask questions" and maybe a shallow OMGUS?
DDD wrote:I did fail to do my usual trend analysis, but we just hit the point where I could yesterday. Sotty, Fuzzylightning, Sens, Juls, and ACSN/Saber all register as highly probable as scum. Logic would suggest that only one of Sotty and Juls is scum though the way they've gone after each other early. You also register as highly probable town along with Cobalt and DTMaster. The numbers don't lie, or at least I hope they don't.
DDD wrote:Well it's certainly not the behavior I would take as scum and I generally think VPB and I think along the same lines. I wouldn't have considered myself a big threat as someone without a lot of posts who wasn't pushing hard and was already getting grief from other players. Hence there's not as much scum need to try and build a wagon when he could've dismissed or ignored and continued to attack Cobalt and/or ACSN/Saber.
etc
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #228 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Cobalt »

I got 7 and gave 2 to VP Baltar. However Vi said my action failed. The global +7 has nothing to do with me. I assume I was RBed, but I don't know why VP said he got 2 then. tl;dr gave 2 to VP and was blocked, got +7 for unknown reasons.
I said LL was a better wagon than DDD. Sigh.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #230 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Cobalt »

mod PM. "sacrifice failed, you lose no posts" (paraphrase). my ability can be blocked or redirected. since I didn't lose anything, it must not have been a redirect and therefore must have been a RB.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #239 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Cobalt »

VP Baltar wrote:@LL-sorry, I made a mistake because I didn't check my original role PM. I gained 7 over night.

Since your around,what was your take on how things went down yesterday and who do you think is scum?

Cobalt-how do you know your ability can be redirected or that there would even be anything out there that could redirect your ability?
I PMed the mod back when I got my role PM about my ability being blockable/redirectable. I got a yes on both counts, and was told that I would be notified and would not lose posts in the event of a block.
Cobalt, why did you chose VP?
Felt he was scummy. Unlikely to be NKed, and if he lied and said he never recieved the posts to get me lynched, he'd be doomed when I flip town with the role I claimed.

Again, I got 7 posts. It looks like everyone else did too. As far as I know this is not due to me.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #243 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Cobalt, what information do you have about the "global distribution"?
none whatsoever. All I know is I gained 7 posts. All else is inference.
My access has been spotty lately, so I'll go ahead and lay a
vote: fuzzylightning
down in case I don't get to log on for a few days (possible). I dislike having him answer for me the way he did, and I really dislike that he's been under the radar.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #258 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Cobalt »

Hmmmm... just noticed Sotty said she was ok with claiming post cap, but never did.
Also, didn't VP already explain why he erred re: post cap increase?
I want saberwolf to post more. Case on sens? Case on anyone?
Fuzzylightning is pretty lurky.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #262 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote kmd
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #265 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Cobalt »

I'd prefer kmd but I am willing to vote DTM for a lynch. However I thought some of his day 1 weirdness was because he was V/LA for some of that time?
Also, I have a hunch that Juls's death was the cause of the global +7 effect. Just based on what seems to be the whole hitpoints-as-posts flavor we seem to have and Juls's role title.
VP, what do you think of fuzzylightning?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #269 (isolation #48) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Cobalt, what is the case on me?
dunno
unvote vote DTMaster
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #271 (isolation #49) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I like to have my vote on a wagon.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #273 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Cobalt »

It was gaining momentum. I felt scum was soon to hop on and wanted to make it easier for them (and thus more obvious), but nobody else voted.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #275 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I don't think kmd is town. I think DTM is prolly more likely scum. I didn't say I thought kmd was town. Why do you act as if I did?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #278 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 am

Post by Cobalt »

Goatrevolt wrote:When you say you voted KMD because it was gaining momentum and you wanted to make it easier and more obvious for
scum
to jump on, it assumes that KMD is town. If you thought KMD was scum you would have stuck on his wagon, not jumped off at the first sign of confrontation and you wouldn't have said, "I did it just to see who else jumped on". Trying to bait people into joining a wagon just so you can catch who does it only works when the person being wagoned is town.

If you don't think he's town, then why couldn't you provide any reason for being on his wagon except for "I like wagoning" and "I did it to see who jumped on but nobody did"?

There are basically two reasons you could have wanted to make scum jump on the KMD wagon.

1. You think he's scum, and you want to make it more appealing for scum to bus him. This obviously isn't the case, because you jumped off his wagon as quick as you could.
2. You think he's town, and you want to see who tries to go for the easy lynch. You basically said yourself that this wasn't true and you don't think he's town.

So...care to explain?
I thought it was more likely scum would bus if the wagon had more votes on it, but nobody took the bait. I didn't jump off fast, either. I waited till several people had the opportunity to post, and nobody voted. Then I saw a DTwagon forming- I liked him as scum well enough to switch my vote. I expressed my suspicion of him on D1.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #283 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Cobalt »

@Cobalt
Wut. I'm assuming that you agree with VP's case even after you partially defended me? Or are you just sticking with a wagon here.
Partially defend you? I just mentioned that you were on V/LA. That's not a defense.
Oh also, Cobalt in post 84 you said you one of the reasons you claimed because sens asked and he was your only solid town read. Then in post 137 you said sens maybe scum. What changed?
I used to have a town read on him but he's closer to neutral now. He's basically been tunneling on me, calling for a lynch since early in the game. Between those two posts I reevaluated his position and looked over his posts again. I originally felt his attack on me was over-zealous town, but I started to consider that he was scum trying to force a mislynch on me.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #292 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Whoa, I had no idea deadline was so close. Ugh, I don't have support for a competing wagon.
unvote vote: locke lamora
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #302 (isolation #55) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Cobalt »

...based on the claim, I'd rather lynch someone else and have LL investigate someone tonight, then report his results.
unvote vote fuzzylightning
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #304 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Cobalt »

Don't hammer me, I'm town. Let's lynch someone we think is scum.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #307 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Cobalt »

If we don't get a good wagon going by deadline I'll self-hammer, so don't hammer by then.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #309 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Cobalt »

Cobalt wrote:If we don't get a good wagon going by deadline I'll self-hammer, so don't hammer by then.
*before then, sorry
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #313 (isolation #59) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Cobalt »

I'm perfectly capable of defending myself should scum attack me later and I think I already made a case on fuzzy (others have as well). Isoread him. He's lurky and doesn't commit much.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #323 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Frown.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #516 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Cobalt »

Vi did asking for a GF role PM role throw you that much?
hatersgonnahate.gif

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”