Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

What is going on?
SirPent, if you are town and not cop, you could DOOM the entire town by your actions.
However, if you are cop and this is true, why were you stalling with your guilty read?
If you are mafia you just committed suicide.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by SirPent »

You sound a little hostile, like a scum thats been found out.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Answer my question SirPent.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:That vote was meant to be HP to test my theory on who stays and who goes off the bandwagon.
Why would you even risk a townie being hammered?
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by SirPent »

Gayle wrote:
SirPent wrote:That vote was meant to be HP to test my theory on who stays and who goes off the bandwagon.
Why would you even risk a townie being hammered?
Your not town, and I did this by putting HP at L-1 I wanted to see if anyone took the bate, but then I finally got my results back from the mod on the night investigations for my repllacee and they were guilty for gayle, gayle Caught you!
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Gayle »

Damn it, I'm sitting here hitting F5 but no one is here!

@SirPent: I really don't think you read the thread. You didn't know that everyone knew exactly how many mafia were left, and now you fakeclaim. If I'm lynched, the only defense you'll have on Day 3 is Insane Cop, but there is no insane cop in this game.

New post on preview!
Your not town, and I did this by putting HP at L-1 I wanted to see if anyone took the bate
Im talking about HP. Why would you put a townie at L-1 if you knew who was scum?
but then I finally got my results back from the mod on the night investigations for my repllacee and they were guilty for gayle, gayle Caught you!
An obvious lie. Elmo would have notified you of any results the second you joined the game.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

It is a possibility, however I find it unlikely, that he didn't get results back until now.

Honestly, I'm ready to lynch the possible townie who is bored and so claims cop with a guilty. If he shows cop, Gayle's dead tomorrow. Fun fun fun. I'm going to bed.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by SirPent »

@Gayle I did read the thread, and putting HP at L-1 would see who would go for the quick hammer. You are so scum.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Gayle »

@Gayle I did read the thread, and putting HP at L-1 would see who would go for the quick hammer. You are so scum.
Dude, I hope you are really just a newbie mafia and aren't just trolling the game.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by tracker »

I'm sorry that I haven't found time to get on until now, it's great that the game is going so fast that being gone for a day gets you called upon to post but I do have troubles getting on everyday, still keep up the activity it's great!

vote: Gayle

I find Sirpent more scummy than Gayle but at this point I don't really think it matters which we lynch. We lynch Gayle and he's scum win for us. If we lynch Gayle and he's town then Sirpent is scum and another win for us. Same with Sirpent.

@IKD: i know I led up to it, I had thought I had found something but it wasn't what I thought it was when subjected to heavy scrutinizing. I always try and keep the ICs under a close watch as they lead most the newbie games I've seen and your playstyle seemed weird but it's inconclusive and a null-tell as far as I can tell.

Sirpent, PE does ask a good question, why did you stall with your guilty result?
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Ok, something's not sitting right with me about SirPent's alleged investigation results. The way he has behaved so far does not look like the behavior that is natural for a cop to do, and I'm not buying that Elmo only just sent him any results from any previous investigations. That would have been handled when the role PM was sent, as others have pointed out.

In any case, my idea of dealing with this is we will have to lynch Gayle and then depending on the outcome, lynch SirPent. If we lynch Gayle and he flips scum we win. If he flips town, we lynch SirPent. Then he flips scum and we win. Win-Win situation. Does that make sense?

So I'm going to go ahead and change my vote (
Vote: Gayle
) but I am still awaiting a response from Hercule (so don't think you're getting off easy).
tracker wrote:@IKD: i know I led up to it, I had thought I had found something but it wasn't what I thought it was when subjected to heavy scrutinizing. I always try and keep the ICs under a close watch as they lead most the newbie games I've seen and your playstyle seemed weird but it's inconclusive and a null-tell as far as I can tell.
OK, thanks for the response.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

-EBWOP-
SP wrote:@Gayle I did read the thread, and putting HP at L-1 would see who would go for the quick hammer. You are so scum.
You expect mafia to quick hammer when it's down to one? On day 2? Even a newbie mafia should be smart enough not to do that.

Also, besides your alleged guilty on Gayle, what do you see about him that is scummy?

Plus Gayle is at L-1, so please do not hammer for a while until we can solidify our game-plan given the current events.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #4

Gayle (3) <- SirPent, tracker, imkingdavid
Hercule Poirot <- PaltryExcuse
SirPent <- Gayle

Not voting: Hercule Poirot, Toon Fighter

The
deadline
is Wednesday, 17th December 20:00 UTC, which is 14 days, 14 hours and 32 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Gayle »

Was I really so scummy during the game that people vote for me over SirPent's ridiculous logic and posts that make zero sense?
Really?
I'll tell you what. I'll go ahead and emo vote. There is no reason to waste time waiting for HP to reply. Either SirPent is mafia or a troll, and either way he should be lynched next.

VOTE: Gayle
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

If SirPent is mafia, great, we win. Because based on Gayle's self-vote that seems to scream "I'M TOWN AND I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT'S GOING ON" I think he's town.

My gut is saying SirPent is a lying townie, and I am astonished that both tracker and IKD voted Gayle when SirPent's newbish, inexplicable play got them to vote Gayle.

I think one of the two of you are scum now, taking advantage of massive confusion. This goes doubly for IKD who warns we should decide what the town wants and then VOTES putting Gayle at L-1.

FOS: tracker
FOS: imkingdavid

@Gayle: Why did you self vote? There was nothing to gain by that.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

To me, SirPent seems just like a newbie Town. Gayle seems town aswell. HP keeps missing.

I agree with PE regarding IKD. That does seems suspicious (more wishy-washy). Why vote Gayle? Tracker's vote seems less relevant, because of everything that happened day 1.

FoS: IKD
FoS: HP

As for votes, that seems a bit unnecessary, as Gayle self-lynched.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:33 am

Post by SirPent »

I just didn't like gayle. :p I really Didn't excpect that to pick up so much steam and a quick lynch, the real scum if I didn't guess correctly on gayle, lies between ikd and tracker.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:33 am

Post by SirPent »

I just didn't like gayle. :p I really Didn't excpect that to pick up so much steam and a quick lynch, the real scum if I didn't guess correctly on gayle, lies between ikd and tracker. They jumped on the oppurtunity like dogs that haven't been fed in a few days.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Gayle »

PE wrote:@Gayle: Why did you self vote? There was nothing to gain by that.
When tracker posted
I find SirPent more scummy than Gayle
and
still
voted me, I just got really annoyed. And then I thought 'there is no way anybody but tracker would read SirPent's posts and believe he was a cop. When IKD voted me and said 'nobody hammer', I got even more annoyed and thought, 'If i'm going to be lynched, just hurry up and do it so I can join another game'. So to put it simply, I got annoyed. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done it, but I get annoyed at people easily.
I just didn't like gayle.
If you are not mafia, congrats on getting a townie lynched, and another townie nk'd because you 'just didn't like' somebody. An excellent strategy sure to lead to a townie victory. I salute you, sir.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 am

Post by SirPent »

Gayle wrote:->Tracker
I've never played in real life. I'm not a very nice in person, so I don't have enough friends. I prefer forum mafia games as people actually tend to discuss things and you have more time to think.
I can see why now.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #5

Gayle (4) <- SirPent, tracker, imkingdavid, Gayle
Hercule Poirot <- PaltryExcuse

Not voting: Hercule Poirot, Toon Fighter

The
deadline
is Wednesday, 17th December 20:00 UTC, which is 14 days and 46 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Gayle
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched!

Night 2 falls. Day 3 will dawn before Sunday 6th December, 22:00 UTC, which is 3 days, 2 hours and 46 minutes from this post.
Any night actions are due before then; if you don't get it in, I'll randomly make one for you.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Elmo »

PaltryExcuse
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed!

Day 3 dawns. The
deadline
is Sunday, 27th December 20:00 UTC, which is 20 days, 21 hours and 13 minutes from this post.
With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

PE, who seemed the only rational person on the Town, was NK. Just before he died, he accused both tracker and IKD.

1) tracker/IKD is Mafia, and killed the person who was most suspicious of him

2) somebody else is Mafia and killed PE to make it look like 1) is true

Now, lets analyze SirPent's move again. He claimed cop, started a bandwagon on Gayle, got him lynched, then confessed he just didn't like Gayle, and finally jumped on PE accusation on tracker and IKD. Yesterday I said that SirPent was likely a newbie Town, but this could all have been just a move to get us to think he was newb. Plus, now we have the confirmation that Gayle was innocent.

If we review the votes in the first day, we will see that CommieX, the player that SirPent replaced, kept on the tracker bandwagon, and, as HP pointed out, was one of the two players (including me) that couldn't have Lynched tracker when they had the chance (as they were alredy voting for him).

Because of the reasons pointed above, I vote:
SirPent
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

vote: SirPent
(the code didn't work on the previous post)
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 am

Post by SirPent »

You are contradicting your statement number 1, the correct option is lynching of IKD,
vote ikd

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”