Mini 953: Star Control: Alliance Initiative (Over)

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 am

Post by cruelty »

/confirm
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by cruelty »

vote palpatine. zito.

I know absolutely nothing about the source game and was placed here by virtue of /in nexting. I'll do some research on both the game and the previous game over the weekend so I'm not flying (get it?) blindly.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 am

Post by cruelty »

Sorry

Thurs/Fri my time (gmt+12) = ultra busy.

Somewhat belatedly;
GG wrote:Who here have you enjoyed/not enjoyed playing with before and why?

If you're not voting, why not?

Do you think that voting/not random voting has any indication on alignment?
1: No personal issues, didn't really enjoy the game I played w. you and Zito (my fault through terrible play though,). Porkens is the only other player here I've completed a game with (ignoring Amished since he's only 50% here). But overall no problems with any of you, ya'll seem chill.

2: n/a

3: No.

Dunno about this Zito/Plum thing. I think Zito is just a weird dude with some special powers so I'm not stressing about it, I'm gonna be philosophical and assume that it'll all work itself out down the track a ways.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:15 am

Post by cruelty »

this isn't deliberate inactivity, i'm just struggling to find anything to say that hasn't been said already. i hate day 1.

i'm gonna
unvote, vote rbt

i have to go for a 4 hour drive now, i'll try to post something meaningful when i get home this afternoon.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by cruelty »

mod i'm voting for rbt

Noted and Updated
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

animorpherv1 wrote:
cruelty wrote:this isn't deliberate inactivity, i'm just struggling to find anything to say that hasn't been said already. i hate day 1.
This. I'm no good at finding scum period, and even worse on Day 1.
this sorta seems like a cop-out to me. like, it's not so bad since cruelty said it. ho hum.

RBT wrote:I believe I know what Gamma's role is at this point. If I am correct, he is neither town or a threat to.
this needs to be explained to me.

gamma wrote:I am town, and I'm pretty sure I know why Porkens has the same ability as me
comments like this bother me. i feel like there's some important information flying around above my head that i can't quite grasp. either explain yourself fully or don't make the comment - it seems suspicious to me.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by cruelty »

Merkabah (my numbers) wrote:
cruelty wrote:comments like this bother me. i feel like there's some important information flying around above my head that i can't quite grasp. either explain yourself fully or don't make the comment - it seems suspicious to me.
[1]
Do you typically feel the need to know everything as town?
[2]
What is your read on Porkens?
1: i want to know everything regardless of alignment. the game is information interpretation. knowledge is critical.

2: null. interested in the hammer power quote, but overall not getting vibes either way off him. i do like his bloodlust, though. i think it's cute.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am

Post by cruelty »

i sent porkens a shielding plasmoid.

it's my fault he didn't get any energy (i didn't think about him requesting any when i sent the plasmoid); i was trying to protect him.

the plasmoid redirects all night actions from the target to the plasmoid.

my vote on rbt was meant as pressure, i didn't really feel the urge to explain this as it sort of dilutes the purpose of the vote.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 am

Post by cruelty »

it says that
any
actions that target the player are redirected towards the plasmoid instead.

so i assume it sucks up the kill.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by cruelty »

i tried to protect porkens because i suspected that any nefarious night actions would be directed at one of him, gamma or zito (assuming all 3 are town) given the three of them put themselves right out there day 1 with varying degrees of claims.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by cruelty »

so basically, i just guessed at one of the three.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by cruelty »

inactivity aside what's the rationale for a dry-fit lynch?

don't think the morality of the various sides is an issue here - hierarchy = town.
bouncy wrote:So Gamma, Porkens, Plum, and cruelty's night actions are all confirmed. Does that mean we can confirm them as town? I'm finding it a little hard to hold this all together and figure it out myself.
no, it doesn't mean that. it simply means that we have some facts to work with for a change.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:46 am

Post by cruelty »

i was under the impression that if your ship is destroyed with you on it, you die.
dry-fit wrote:I agree that cruelty's vote and lurking yesterday was scummy, and targetting Porkens is fairly damning as well. vote: cruelty

animorpherv is in pretty much the same boat as cruelty to me (except the night result info). Actually animorpherv is slightly worse since he literally didn't provide any content yesterday.
mm ok, so i expect the next time you post you'll unvote me and vote for animorph?

i find it slightly ironic that you (you!) are accusing me of lurking but i guess hypocrisy is a null tell. i'm still gonna vote you though, i feel like your vote on me is opportunistic and i'm not a huge fan of your overall contribution. specifically, your last 3 posts yesterday you were jumping all over the third party by rbt comment which whilst interesting, has subsequently been proven to have come from town.

vote: dry-fit
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am

Post by cruelty »

think that's L-2 btw.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by cruelty »

Merkabah wrote:cruelty, did you doubt Plum as being town after PZ said so yesterday?

put it this way.

i suspected (as i stated earlier) that -if- zito, gamma and porkens were town, then scum would target one of them. i wasn't sure who they'd go after, so i just picked one of the three more or less at random, the rationale being that if i had no particular, imperative reason for choosing someone, scum couldn't secondguess me (eg: zito is obv protect target, so we'll kill gamma instead). by essentially guessing where scum would shoot, i figured that it took wifom away from the scum (eg: he'll think about protecting zito, so we'll kill gamma, but he might realise that, so we'll kill porkens instead).

plum wasn't a consideration because that would require two assumptions, first that zito is town, and second that he's right. two assumptions is a leap to far, so i'm not putting much stock in that statement at this point. i'd prefer to judge plum on her own merits, and i haven't had any epiphanies as to her alignment thus far, so i'm more or less null on her.

as for the dry-fit wagon, well, have you actually read him in iso? i think it's stretching to say that i'm jumping onto a popular wagon when there's a legitimate case to be made against him (lurking + imo opportunism).

would you say that it's scummy to be on a wagon in general, or just when i do it? the reason i ask is that cf riot voted for rbt with little/no explanation, and he's also on the dry-fit wagon (his votes are in his iso 9 and 16, feel free to do some research). plum is also in the same boat (her iso 13 and 19). so uh... sup man?

also, looking at you, you had little suspicion of me prior to early day 2 (you really only addressed me when i was talking about wanting to know stuff as town), and then you jumped on my wagon pretty quickly (no beef about that btw).. but then your read on me is suddenly, and without any real reason other than my presence on different wagons, (sarcastically) strong town. that is, scum. i'm constantly drawing heat for my playstyle, consensus seems to be that i'm a fairly easy lynch, so i'm always a little wary when someone turns around and suddenly has a scumread on me seemingly out of nowhere.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

Dry-fit wrote:
cruelty wrote:
dry-fit wrote:I agree that cruelty's vote and lurking yesterday was scummy, and targetting Porkens is fairly damning as well. vote: cruelty

animorpherv is in pretty much the same boat as cruelty to me (except the night result info). Actually animorpherv is slightly worse since he literally didn't provide any content yesterday.
mm ok, so i expect the next time you post you'll unvote me and vote for animorph?
Why would you expect that?
you specifically stated you find ani more scummy than i, therefore if you ignore the night action thing, you should be voting that way. of course, you're interestingly aligning yourself with merbakah. the connection is noted. grin.
dry-fit wrote:I don't agree. Cruelty didn't seem to realize that battery manipulation effects would happen before his action. What about that ability have been specifically be intended to block energy if it is a scum ability?
mhmm.

seems a bit of a stretch that the entire scumteam would miss the fact that battery manipulation comes first (i guess there's the possibility that i'm some sort of crazed lone wolf but it doesn't make much sense for a third party to have an energy drain ability), and that i'd use an ability that obviously isn't specifically designed to drain energy (ie: it doesn't say it is in the action description + it's mod confirmed as not having that effect) for that purpose.

you're assuming an exceptional amount of stupidity from multiple people. i'll concede my error, but everyone here seems smart enough that at least one of three would pick up on the mistake.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by cruelty »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:
Porkens wrote:Wait, so the scum DID try to kill me? And cruelty saved me?
Where did this come from?
Is yours the other ship that was destroyed?
And yeah, I read the responses to this but I still don't get it.

I understand that cruelty protected you, but what made you suddenly think that he blocked an attack?

thus marking the second time you've requested information that you (as town) don't really need, and tried to mask it with general ignorance.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by cruelty »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 6

cruelty
- 2 - Dry-fit, Merkabah - (L-4)
Dry-fit
- 4 - Plum, Gammagooey, CF Riot, cruelty - (L-2)

Players not voting: animorpherv1, bouncy.bouncy, Kast, Papa Zito, Porkens

Merkabah wrote: I don't think you have to make the assumption that zito is town in that situation at all.
He very well could have been scum trying to buddy with her.
In either consideration, she's town.
Merbakah wrote:
The former looks town
that potentially has info to confirm another town and the latter is the confrimee. cruelty,
right. so it's unreasonable for me to think he's town, but it's fine for you to?

i'm sort of intrigued at exactly where you're going with this. it's scummy that i thought zito was possibly a target
if
he was town? it's scummy that i have a null read on on plum? huh?
Merbakah wrote: Well I was on CF's case yesterday and still have him on my scum list. I've already explained I have a town read on her, so I don't care about her vote. So, sup man, do your research. But it's cool, you trying divert attention elsewhere makes me happy.

well, as far as i could see (and i could be wrong), the only time you ever mentioned plum as being town is in the two quotes at the top of this post. i've done my research and to be honest there's not a whole lot of plumtown sentiment in any of your posts.

cruelty wrote: I don't buy your night action. I believe you were trying to block energy being sent to Porkens and didn't understand your role couldn't do that. I don't see what that has to do with my day 1 reads at all.
because your read isn't based on fact at all, merely speculation about my intentions regarding a night action. speculation which neatly ignores the logical improbabilities that had to have taken place for me to be scum.

Merbakah wrote: It does if he didn't understand the action, which has been proven in thread.
misunderstanding != scum.

merbakah wrote:In either consideration, she's town.
merbakah wrote:In fairness it gave Plum a lot of town cred in my book. She's not cleared by any means, but I certainly have no interest in considering her scum unless it were a situation much closer to lylo.
you've gone overboard with the pro-plumness in this post (which is imo a departure from the relative distance you've preserved up until this point). why is this suddenly such an imperative point to make?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:41 am

Post by cruelty »

that's a bizarre series of posts.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:52 am

Post by cruelty »

ho hum
cruelty - 2 - Dry-fit, Merkabah - (L-4)
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #20) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

was unsure whether or not to claim the dry-fit void. or the ability to void at all, for that matter. i was actually suspicious of him day 1, hence the void, so when i voted him d2 and came under fire for the vote, i toyed with claiming the void and hoping gamma had tracked me and not watched porkens.

all worked out in the end though.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #21) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:47 am

Post by cruelty »

incidentally re: the plasmoid/porkens debacle, for some reason the fact that he'd requested energy never even entered my head, it was genuinely just an attempt to protect him. when he said he didn't receive energy i facepalmed at myself.

i liked this game quite a lot, seemed to move a lot faster and was more interesting than most, the mod-error aside (which actually worked to my benefit) i think it was one of the better run games in terms of flavour/breakdown that i've been in.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”